[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wiki: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona_W iki Previous threa

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 384
Thread images: 52

Wiki: http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Elona_Wiki
Previous thread: >>14542958
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/T2RCwdh8
Extra sprites:
http://a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/ssjonr.bmp

http://a.pomf.hummingbird.moe/fshbmg.bmp

Chat server is rip
>>
Also is there anyway I can get Jure's body pillow other than converting through part timer? Its only September ingame and I already got all the stuff I wanted from Kumiboy.
>>
>>14582080
I don't think it's precious so you can wish for it.
>>
>>14582080
not an answer to your question, but here's a trick:

during the festival you can follow Jure and get a body pillow for free. You can also capture the shrine next to the kigurumi with some other god. If you do this, you can switch to Jure as many times as you want, getting a new pillow each time.

What's the point, I hear you ask? Well, have you ever wanted a Godly pillow?
>>
>>14582080
Who needs a body pillow when you have Jure herself?
>>
so i have enough AP for either the Brave or the Obstinate trait, which one is better for a wizard?
>>
I recently started out as a gunner and I'm wondering what type of gun is the best? Im using a machine gun at the moment but I found a sniper rifle which looks promising.
>>
File: Jure's first time.jpg (261KB, 803x501px) Image search: [Google]
Jure's first time.jpg
261KB, 803x501px
>>14582080
>>14582702
>not whispering words of love to Jure, making her sweet face as red as the blood of the thousands of monsters you had slain just to earn enough for living with her
>not hugging her small yet firm frame until she relaxes, letting herself go as you slowly remove her dress, making Jure fluster
>not kissing every nook and cranny of her frame until she arches her back, spreading her wings as you go down to her most precious parts
>not asking her if, even if she was a goddess, is this her first time - and whether she says yes, or she says no, you do the the same thing next - nibble her tender lips as she lets you do your way with her
>not making sweet love to her as she urges you to go on, never going fast yet never going slow
>not culminating the act inside of her, letting yourselves cool down and tenderly kiss for one last time while whispering sweet words of love to each other
>not waking up to the sight of her body next to yours, tightly cocooned into the crumpled sheets of last night's endeavor
>not kissing her supple lips as you prepare breakfast for you two before you finally leave for another week

Now, I ask you - why do you aim for the body pillow?
>>
>>14583065
it has different effective range http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Ranged_Weapons
As currently 7 is maximum sight range, laser pistol looks optimal.
Also they say shooting sucks later in the game due to terrible scaling, can't confirm coz I prefer magic dart.
>>
>>14583178
Bows may be more viable due to the piercing
>>
>>14583177
Elona VR when ?

As an aside, continuous attack with a ninearmed mutant is at minimum 90 attacks, along the duel wield additionnal attacks.
It's the best way to ATATATATATATA your way though the hordes ( also great for training with animations deactivated ).
>>
I asked again in the last thread, the npc not rewarding me with Palmia Pride. I have definitely done the quest as i am at level 38 of lesimas.

Is it possible that i have lost it somehow ? Sold it or ate it ? Should i do the little sister quest and check if i ever held that item before ? Its really bugging me.
>>
File: 1404452291054.jpg (32KB, 478x445px) Image search: [Google]
1404452291054.jpg
32KB, 478x445px
>>14583205
My mutant only has 4 hands so far and I fucking love her.
>>
>>14583177
>Not writing like a non-autist
>>
>>14583228
>Sold it or ate it
Impossibr
>little sister quest
Only works if you ID'd it earlier.
Most likely you didn't pick it up after completing quest. You may try to talk to Erystia once more, in case you somehow didn't turn in the quest.
>>
Okay so my sprite while reading looks fucked up, I'm using a custom sprite for my player which apparently doesn't work while on a horse. Anyone know how to fix this?
>>
>>14583300
There's pcc_ridebk sprites, and I'm too lazy to figure the rest.
>>
>>14583300
[c]haracter - [p]ortrait - the last option
>>
File: star_sapphire.png (183KB, 400x416px) Image search: [Google]
star_sapphire.png
183KB, 400x416px
>>14583314
Thank you anon!
>>
>>14583300
get on your mount, open character sheet press p, set mount to 0
>>
>>14583275
If i didnt pick it up, does it disappear with town refresh ? I talk to Erystia and all she says is about some codex.

Should i just cheat to spawn the item at this point?
>>
>>14583335
How could you fuck up that bad? Check the strange scientist first before you even think about wizard mode.
>>
>>14583335
Yeah, at this point it's easier to cheat. Just remember that normally you can't turn off wizard mode. You may edit memory with cheat engine, there was thread on wiki somewhere, dunno if there are easier ways.
>>
>>14583340
>>14583349
I dont even know ! I play very carefully, i even pick up all the junk in dungeons so i never miss anything. Its impossible that i forgot an item to pick up.

Can i complete little sister quest instantly in wizard mode ? All i want to do is check it.
>>
>>14579248

>you can specifically choose what attributes to grow on the weapon

I thought every level you'd get 3 random options instead of picking anything you want.
>>
>>14583351
I also think that the custom version might be responsible with all those main quest scenes maybe bugging quests or rewards.
>>
>>14583177
What character spriteset are you using?
I wish those things weren't scattered around in that messy site.
>>
>>14583359
I use the one in the pastebin.
>>
>>14583351
Stuff can drop from your inventory

Say you have 2 daggers stacked in your inventory and your inventory is full.
Now equip one dagger in each hand they are now 2 different stacks and one item will drop from your inventory same can happen when cooking and such.
>>
Will martial arts ever be good
>>
>>14583349
>>14583351
You can turn it off via both elosnack and cheat engine.
Turning it on via CE doesn't change your alias (not instantly at least, after a while, possibly after X turns or changing zones it still does), and turning it off doesn't cause any problems with gene creation or anything else.
Address is number of turn passed + CE0, 1 is on and 0 is off.
>>
>>14583356
Nothing I've done could change the outcome of that set of dialogue. If you saw the set of dialogue (which you had to have done to set the story flag so that you could get past the 25th level of Lesimas), then the item was spawned at your feet. Either you forgot to pick it up or it dropped at your feet upon death at some point.

If you use elosnack to modify gdata.s1 and set the value at offset 1008 to 120, you'll cause that entire scene to play again, and you should be able to get another copy. I don't know if it could have any adverse effects however, so use at your own risk. You're probably better off going into wizard mode, wishing for it, then removing wizard mode and Cheater! title using elosnack.
>>
>>14583459
There should be knuckle weapons with multihit bonuses.
>>
>>14583459
I have a dream of being an unstoppable tower golem of heavy armor and triple wielding shields.
This dream will never be good because martial arts blows.
>>
Should I focus on a weapon or go wild and roll with whatever legenedary superweapon the game decides to throw towards me?
>>
File: eleven hands to fap with.jpg (185KB, 691x425px) Image search: [Google]
eleven hands to fap with.jpg
185KB, 691x425px
>>14583650
Honestly, it depends on your character and play-style.
If it's useful for the situation, why replace it?
But yeah, if something brings better effects, go for it.

Pic somehow related, there are items there which you could get early.
>>
>>14583529
Should i not be better off with map editing and placing it in palmia or something ?
>>
File: 2016-01-06_20-33-52.png (254KB, 677x382px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06_20-33-52.png
254KB, 677x382px
Fountains sure are fun!
>>
>>14584159
>>14583529
Ok, got the item with map editing. Now i wonder, did i miss any other precious items ? Should really do that little sister quest asap.
>>
How do I git gud at performing? I just picked it up on my character so I'm level 1 but I have a madams favourite lute
>>
>>14584503
Autism grind with most pets you can till you get performer to lv30.
Once you're strong enough maul the musician anytime you can because it drops the best music instrument.
>>
>>14583353
Actually yea, it is a certain category with randomized selections in said category. I savescum the shit out of that though.
>>
>>14584513
i can perform in front of loyter with just lvl20, am i Beethoven?
>>
>>14584641
Once you hit lv30 you unlock a skill that makes the whole party play with you giving this way a huge boost to your performance.

Basically that's when you start swimming in money and platinum coins.
>>
>>14583178
Shooting is perfectly viable late game
A majority of my pets are gunners and they instantly wreck everything that comes into sight

I especially like ranged pets because you can give them claws and tonfas which also give both damage and hit bonuses to ranged weapons.
>>
>>14584679
This, you will want to establish a good party of pets and use Ensemble
Ensemble is the key to being a good performer and raking in music tickets and cash
>>
>>14584679
>>14584729
Yeah but how do i even get there when it takes ages to level. Should i just wait till midgame?
>>
File: lv504dungeon.png (349KB, 801x601px) Image search: [Google]
lv504dungeon.png
349KB, 801x601px
>>14583065
>>14583178
Guns are fine late game. They do decent damage. They pale, however, to melee because guns lack that extra oomph that two hand brings with it's extra damage multiplier and dual wield brings with its consistent extra attacks and multiple item procs.

So yeah, guns are decidedly average in damage but on the bright side you're doing all that damage at range. Plenty of bad things in this game that do horrible things in melee range to make a lot of people consider range attacks.

To answer the first anon's question, there isn't exactly a best weapon type. Or rather, I should say don't let weapon type make you pass up a gun that just does overall more damage. Keep the range considerations in mind as they do have an impact but don't let that be your only guide in making a decision on what gun to use. When I started my gunner I used a random laser gun for a good bit until I upgraded to the Winchester Premium. After that I upgraded to the Rail Gun, then to the Valkoinen Kuolema. I'm now using the N97 cannon. So throughout my journey I've used laser, shotgun, and sniper rifles.

On the topic of bows, they're good for the earlier parts of Elona and the innate pierce they bring to the table is cool. The problem is bows are severely lacking in static artifacts and just don't compare to the damage of the static artifacts of guns. Hopefully Ano will release more static artifact bows in the future to correct this problem.

I've leveled up both magic and my guns on my character. Guns at first were stronger than my spells but after some grinding magic overtook my guns in damage. At least until you run into an enemy with obscene resists.

With that in mind, I should say I'm also under the opinion that you'll probably want to be good at both a physical type of damage and magic due to enemy properties and the quirks they have.

If you go the melee route you do more damage but put yourself in harms way but if you go the the range route you do less damage but don't have to put yourself in harms way. So the decision really is up to your play style and what you have fun with.
>>
>>14584729
how do i get more party members? i only have my lil girl and a horse
>>
>>14584780
As long as you have enough charisma (2 party members to start with, one more party member every five points of charisma starting from 10) the easiest way early game is just to go to Derphy and buy a slave.
>>
>>14584780
Buy from the slave master in Derphy, more horses in Yowyn, dominate/capture enemies, scrolls of ally. Also some special enemies that ask to join you after you kill them, but there's a handful of those.
Astral light pen for cloning uniques, but that's later in the game.
>>
>>14584746
Grind at cyber dome or at sister's mansion until maybe level 5 perform, then from then on go for ~50 point party time quests. In those quests, go perform to low level NPCs like beggars. Look up their levels on the wiki if you have to. Pick your targets.

If you wait till midgame to start, your fame may be too high for you to find easy party time quests. Harder party time quests will have less low-level NPCs so you won't be able to train perform in there.

Also ride a horse for more speed and equip stuff that boosts your perform skill.

Performing is tough in the early stages, but it's very much worth it.

>>14584780
Scroll of ally, buy from Derphy slave master, reward from worshipping a god, dominate or monster ball stuff.

I'm using the little girl, exile, and a gold bell. Consider buying a rod of domination from miral/garok after getting the sage's helm. Gold bells do spawn at the lowest level of puppy cave.

Incidentally, silver cats can be found there too if nyou need one for the quest.
>>
>>14584874
>If you wait till midgame to start, your fame may be too high for you to find easy party time quests. Harder party time quests will have less low-level NPCs so you won't be able to train perform in there.

I sure fucked up, performing becomes a necessity in late game if you want a reliable source of life and mana gain. I didn't know it would be so important. Big daddy farming is too grindy at this point and I would rather have more consistent methods to get things like hero cheese.
>>
>>14584885
Well...not exactly. The performing skill is actually optional for the summon spirit at party trick. The key things to it is a high level summon spell, love potions, and alchemy rain special action. I suppose you can use the performing skill to impress the named NPCs to save on love potions but that's optional.
>>
what's the best guild to join as a pianist? is the thieves guild a good choice?
>>
>>14585082
I would recommend the mages' guild for everyone because it's the hardest to sneak in if you need to speak to the trainer.

But that's just my preference.

>>14584909
But alchemical rain is pretty late-game. Not to mention needing love potions and summon spirit stocks to spare. The player would be missing out on all the extra gold and equips early and mid-game too.
>>
>>14585153
That's true. I just find it ironic that making the most musical tickets in a party time quest doesn't really revolve around the performer skill. So it's not like he fucked up his end game which he seems to be implying.
>>
>>14585153
Can you not join 2 guilds or can you join 1, learn their skills then leave them
>>
>>14585190
You can join 1 guild, use incognito spell/scrolls and talk with the guild trainers to teach you the skills you want. The guild master would be pretty annoying though so you have to kill him.
>>
>>14585190
Yes, you can be only a part of one guild at a time. So the best thing you can do is just join a guild, learn all the special skills it has to offer and then leave for another guild. The last guild you join should then be the one you plan to stick with forever.
>>
>>14585190
You can only join one at a time. Since the skills you buy stay with you, you can just join and leave after you have them all.
If you're willing to cheat, with CE you can be a member of all three at once, with all the benefits. Rank is also shared between the three.
>>
>>14585178
Do I smell a nerf?

Ano is no fun allowed.
>>
>>14585269
*Shrugs* There certainly are many things he can nerf but in my time playing the only major nerf of note to me was that you could not longer gene engineer really high level summon spirits into your pet to rapidly crank out death machines. I didn't wield high enough spirits to make use of such a trick at the time but I thought it was an interesting trick other people stronger than me were using. Still, you can get a pet to be extremely powerful without that trick so I'm not too sad about the nerf.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (134KB, 808x628px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
134KB, 808x628px
would you?
>>
>>14585404
No. Throw a sulfuric acid to prostitutes and little children because they like being dicks and throw snowballs at you.
>>
>>14585404
I put on my robe and wizard hat.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (157KB, 815x631px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
157KB, 815x631px
is this bitch really asking me to nuke a town? should i accept it?
>>
>>14585449
It respawns later like every city. -80 (100?) karma.
Also the bomb weighs a lot. Mostly everything will die, what doesn't will probably try to kill you.
The feat you get is worth it, though.
Oh, and if you don't read how to survive it, you will die too, at that level.
>>
>>14585449
She's absolutely serious. Palmia is also a pretty big population hub in Elona. Accept it if you have the means to recover from massive karma loss. Your karma will be so bad that guards will kill you on sight.
>>
>>14585449
I really like how Noel is practically the tiniest person in Derphy. Makes me think she grew edgy due to her height complexity.

Do it for the best karma feat.
>>
is there a way yo make my little girl to only attack with her range weapon?
>>
>>14585556
I like to imagine that she was some way or another ejected from Palmia and derided of her height which led to her being like that.
>>
>>14585603
Change her AI via Leold and APs once you get to South Tyris, or use Custom's feature by talking with her and programming her routine.
>>
>>14585603
You need to have her AI changed with Leold. That's in World 2, unfortunately and you'll need to clear the first main quest before that.
>>
>>14585626
>>14585629
i don't have that custom thingy. guess i'll have to beat the main quest first
>>
>>14585781
It's going to take a while then. You might want to pick up an additional pet, if you really need ranged support.
Keep in mind that while bells can solo entire dungeons for you (barring poisonous enemies or caster blobs), you personally won't be doing much fighting, so your stats will be lower compared to fighting without one.
Also iirc little girls naturally grow more inclined to melee rather than ranged. Don't quote me on that though.
>>
>>14585846
The AI for little girls focuses on melee with a teeny tiny chance of using ranged/spells if they are far from an enemy.
>>
>>14585846
What do is I tag the bell with someone else to lower its speed. In a pinch, I use call familiar on the bell's partner to get it to full speed, then resummon the partner. That way all pets get a chance at exp and you still get the bell as a crutch.
>>
>>14585868
Oh right, and the tag partner to the right covers the bell from damage too. Tag is great.
>>
>>14585854
Oh yes, I know that. I meant that their stat growth is more inclined to STR compared to DEX or PER. Not entirely sure as I stashed her away a while ago.
Pretty sure her MAG growth is absolute shit though.
>>14585868
Never even used tagging to be honest. I also tend to go solo due to pets falling behind, got through NT and ST solo and been using a pet only recently after copying Meshera alpha. Girl's resilient as hell.
>>
>>14585846
i have a party of 2 little girls 1 jeure infantry and a horse ( i ride him all the time). is this good?
>>
>>14585904
That's too much for me. I can't handle more than 2 pets at once. More often, I only take one, or just go alone. The rest I leave in my house
>>
>>14585898
>pets falling behind
Would gene engineering solve that? Because mine are falling behind already.
>>
>>14585904
Could be better, could be worse. Rememeber to gene engineer them with higher level monsters the longer you play, they generally fall behind you in growth. To do that you need to go to Port Kapul and complete a quest for a scientist at the bottom left of the map and learn the relevant skill.
Also remember that the more your pets do the fighting for you, the less your character grows.
>>14585926
As above, yes, but it only helps with attributes. Engineering higher level pets on them increases level and atts. Skills still need to be upgraded by using them. If money isn't a problem, don't pick up the gold drops from gold bells and leave that for the pet to pick up, so they spend it in cities and train. Mid to late game you'll be making tons of money from other sources anyway.
>>
File: whoops.jpg (174KB, 777x573px) Image search: [Google]
whoops.jpg
174KB, 777x573px
i sholdve never drank from that fucking well
>>
File: 1443833439691.jpg (262KB, 982x1443px) Image search: [Google]
1443833439691.jpg
262KB, 982x1443px
If I use a dual glove against a named NPC, will I still get the precious items they drop if you kill them normally?
>>
>>14585995
lmfao what is happening
>>
>>14585995
Could've been worse! Half the time someone does it, monsters come out and aggro Whom. Then everything dies.
Also reminds me of the first time I zapped an unidentified rod in the middle of Palmia.
It was Fire Wall. Early version so fire spread like no tomorrow. No survivors.
>>14586028
They should drop everything as usual.
>>
>>14586038
some monsters came out of the well and turned everything and themselves to ash

>>14586040
my lil girl got preggo as well but she killed her abonimation right away so it was fine but this is kinda unexpected

fuck wells and fountains
>>
>>14586038
He probably summoned a fire hound or something similar from drinking the well.

RIP Vernis.
>>
>>14586059
is that bitch really sleeping in the middle of the armageddon?
>>
>>14586059
Eh, you're even luckier. Run to the innkeeper if he's still alive and go to the shelter since it's snowing. With a bit of luck the city will reset after you come out. Otherwise, stay away from Vernis for a couple of days.
>>14586072
You can fall asleep while fighting abominations, guess Irva is plagued by heavy sleepers?
>>
>>14586072
Can you blame her? I'd imagine luggin dat ass around is a hell of a workout in itself.
>>
File: the roof.jpg (166KB, 769x577px) Image search: [Google]
the roof.jpg
166KB, 769x577px
>>14586072
that guy even wanted a piece of me while burning

>>14586085
im just busy looting all their corpses without karma loss which is nice
>>
>>14586072
You can't stop the comfy
>>
>>14586103
Actually, thinking back on it.. Stick around and see if Whom dies. His sword is pretty good for a beginner.
Just keep in mind that if it procs ragnarock you're dead at that level.
>>
Are doors more difficult to picklock in higher level dungeons ?
>>
Anyone else open all wallets found during party time as a "commission"?
>>
>>14586252
I've never gotten an appreciable amount of gold from a wallet, and I've also never found one in a party time quest. I think they're more valuable as convertible karma that's cheaper than cure corruption potions and faster/easier than cargoloading in the wilderness.
>>
>>14586028
How do you get 1 eye/4 eyes? Mutation?
>>
>>14586342
I've found 40k gold in a party time wallet surprisingly. Also, there's an enemy in Palmia party wiping me every time I see it and it lags the town like crazy.
>>
>>14586353
Corruption. It trades CHA for PER.
>>
>>14586245
They might be but I never really found it an issue. Also, you can just knock down a wall by mining it if said door isn't cooperating.
>>
>>14586448
No thanks, I need a large party of pets so we can all shadow rush things to death.
>>
is there an updated version of the music pack?
>>
>>14586470
Theres an upper limit to how many pets you can have, and after awhile charisma kinda skyrockets for basically no benefit, so it kinda becomes a free perception perk.
>>
File: 1385906074535.jpg (24KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1385906074535.jpg
24KB, 512x384px
>>14586965
Fuck me
>>
Tfw I don't want to give extra limbs to my character because of RP value.
>>
Does weapon weight affect weapon damage? I'm planning to read tons of cursed flying scrolls to my weapons for my multi-handed mutant.
>>
>>14587411
I think rule of thumb was having something around 4 weight is two-handed while having the lightest stuff possible if going multi welding.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (2MB, 1918x1580px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
2MB, 1918x1580px
What
>>
>>14587411
Back in vanilla it should change something, or so I heard. In E+ weapon weight and damage have no relation, aside from two handed bonus.
Also if you're going to that, you won't be hitting much, as dual wielding something that weighs more than 1.5s gives a malus in accuracy. Over 4s puts you at negative unless you have high proficiency.
>>
>>14587611
Weapon weight is supposed to influence critical damage in Elona+, or so the comment say.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Eye_of_Mind
>>
>>14587413
>>14587611
>>14587666

I bypass the penalties by equipping tonfas. Well, if what >>14587666 says is true, then I'll go add a lot of weight. ~430s total capacity, won't hurt to add 10-20s to my heavy weapons.
>>
>>14587688
I actually tested this a week ago and it does seem like weapon weight does increase critical damage, and that the base noncrit damage stays the same. at about 120s. of weight I think my lightsaber went from 30k crit on a snail to 48k crits, but I don't have the straight up enough numbers/sample size or documented proof. It does work, but it increases slowly
>>
File: eq.jpg (327KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
eq.jpg
327KB, 1024x600px
>>14587688
forgot image

Image for reference, page 2 is just Asteroid Belt and Saber Tonfa on shoot slot.
>>
File: 20minutes.png (381KB, 781x661px) Image search: [Google]
20minutes.png
381KB, 781x661px
>>14587720
B-but where is your head!?
>>
File: 2016-01-07_16-11-47.png (21KB, 170x82px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-07_16-11-47.png
21KB, 170x82px
I had a golden bell as a dungeon last level boss.

It destroyed the whole map to make it devoid of walls, until getting cornered by me and my little girl. Wouldn't these things make insane pets?
>>
>>14587970
yes. That's a very common pet.
Ruby equipment and a machine gun.
>>
Do all fruits give the same amount of stats ?
>>
>>14587977
Type of fruit doesn't matter iirc. Just how its prepared.
>>
>>14587970
Bells don't seem to be good pets to me if you catch one at the beginning. They practically play the game for you, keeping your stats low while making everything seem easy.

Little girl/servant pet or solo act 1.
>>
>>14586122
Needs a kotatsu to hide under
>>
>>14588163
I wish the game had a kotatsu
>>
>>14588158
>They practically play the game for you, keeping your stats low while making everything seem easy.
>Little girl pet
Little girl is one of the strongest pets you could pick at low levels, and can easily cruise trough the game for you.
I should know, I'm playing a full heavy armor + dual shields build
>>
>>14588182
It does
>>
>>14587720
how do i make my game to look like that?
>>
>>14588203
He's right, though.
Bells have the simple advantage of being stupidly fast and resilient. All you need for a bell is ruby equip, get that and you don't need anything else. Little girls actually need to be trained, bells are basically combat ready the moment you dom one.
>>
>>14588344
Chances are that you're not getting one anywhere early game because they will dissapear in front of you every single time.
>>
>>14584779
Great post anon, many thanks.

How do you deal with the ether material on the rail gun though?
>>
>>14588331
If you mean my interface/items, you could just do a quick google search for elona pastebin. I think someone updated it for 1.53, I haven't checked yet since I play 1.52.
>>
>>14588435
Not that anon, but ether material does not speed up the process significantly unless you walk around the world map in etherwind. I used to stack two ether weapons (Black Monkshood and Solar Cane), and did not get any diseases except when it is etherwind.
I'm not sure how it speeds up the process, but to me it is insignificant.
>>
What makes little girls so good compared to the other 3 starting pets? Cats are insanely fast too.
>>
fuck how do beat the shitty doggod help
>>
>>14588435
Not him, but the moment you can get the rail gun, chances are you have dozens of potions to counter that. Also outside of etherwind the effect is negligible.
>>14588461
Leave it be for now, there's a reason it's marked as a 100+ level mission.
>>
>>14588455
Good skills
Human equipment slots
Good Evolutions
Cute
>>
>>14588461
I'd say that it is somewhat a notch below the South Tyris Chaos Fort bosses.
Not that strong, but if you are not well-built, you might as well as leave it be for now.
>>
I am really awful at choosing gods and end up choosing one for their personality nearly every time.
>>
>>14588204
Since when? fuck, this is about to get 200x comfier.
>>
>>14588660
Basically the only worthwhile criteria.
>>
File: perform.jpg (14KB, 577x23px) Image search: [Google]
perform.jpg
14KB, 577x23px
so i just reached performer lvl 30 and i didn't recieve the ensemble skill. what is happening? do i have to lvl up my character first?
>>
File: kotatsu.png (18KB, 139x115px) Image search: [Google]
kotatsu.png
18KB, 139x115px
>>14588716
Once you get to South Tyris you can pickpocket them as many times as you want from the spa in Ludus.
>>
>>14588778
Fuck, I only just started south tyris and stopped playing because I had 600+ hours, I guess this gives me an excuse to get back into it
>>
What does the bronze-ish two winged icon near stats mean? Unique effect?
>>
>>14588762
Yep, new skills are only awarded on level up, after reaching other prerequisites.
>>14588882
Nothing. Originally, those were supposed to be skills that could be inherited via some kind of artifact fusion, but that one was scrapped when the original elona stopped development.
>>
>>14588762
Shift+W for wide skills?
>>
>>14585604
Cursed milk?
>>
Not sure if I saw this somewhere but can you take away something from your pets inventory? Gave her too much rings and stuff and now that's prolly all that she has
>>
>>14589551
You can. Interact with your pet,'i' on your keyboard. Then go to inventory and hit 'tab' on your keyboard to tab through giving and taking things from your pets inventory.
>>
why is lesimas dungeon so hard? i died 3 times, lost like 30k gold
>>
>>14586965
What is the upper limit?
>>
>>14589912
15 i believe.
>>
>>14589901
You're not going to complete the thing unless you're like lv 30 or more. Slow your roll anon. Do quests, grind, dungeon the random dungeons around the continent, make gold, get a good house, invest in vendors, take care of your pets, etc.
>>
>>14589901
But it isn't? Post your character sheet and skills as well as how you play.
>>
>>14589925
this is my character
>>14589924
yeah i guess i will grind the other dungeons first
>>
File: Capture.jpg (170KB, 815x634px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
170KB, 815x634px
>>14589958
forgot lol
>>
File: Screenshot (220).png (517KB, 808x608px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (220).png
517KB, 808x608px
Make sure to always examine named weapons. even if it's a shitty stone.

What do you guys suggest I use this for? I think it has enough worth to be used despite being just a stone, since it can be equipped in the ranged slot for a quick skill bonus to whatever.
>>
>>14590036
If you're not going to use it to attack things you can fill it with resists to cover any holes you may have. That should tide you over until you can take advantage of artifact fusion. When you don't need your resist rock anymore you can just hand it to your pet who probably needs the resists. If you don't need resists you can fill it with skill or attribute boosts.
>>
>>14589967
Son, you're level 9. You'll be having problems with normal low level dungeons, let alone Lesimas. Also have the healer restore your attributes, your MAG got drained.
>>14590036
You'd still have to level it, unless you already use throwing weapons you'll be doing shit damage. Farm puppy cave or low level dungeons if you can still find some?
Seriously, a living stone, of all things? I'm sorry, anon.
>>
>>14590036
How do you see the exact skill numbers on items like this. I'm only getting [####].
>>
>>14589967
Forgot to add that, uh, you might want to stop riding. Or change your weapon. You currently have a -453 chance to hit in melee.
>>14590053
Objet of heart, it comes later in the game and iirc it only shows values in custom, not in standard e+.
>>
>>14590036
>stone
No thanks
>>
>>14590064
i didn't know riding decreased my hit%
i have 91 % now
>>
>>14590050
gave it to my bell and she's still 2-shotting most mobs
>>14590073
Guess I can't expect too much from this loot, I'll probably use it exclusively to boost my Faith or some other hard to level skill.
>>
>>14590114
Riding gives penalties to casting and heavy weapons (above 4s of weight). Iirc the casting penalty can be bypassed by high enough casting/spell level, unlike those from shield or dual wield.
By the time you can cancel out the heavy weapon penalty, riding would actually slow you down.
Also if you plan on dual wielding keep the first weapon below 3s and all others below 1.5. Else you'd get hit penalties there too.
>>14590123
Does it still level even if a pet is using it? Never tried it myself.
>>
>>14590213
Yes, it works as if a player equips it.
>>
Is experience gained from killing monsters with a living weapon dependent or independent of the monsters level?
>>
Custom 1.53.2 is out.

That maniac that wanted rain inside your home, whoever you are, you'll be happy to see your request was honored.
>>
>>14590444
oh cool does it work with snow
>>
>>14590444
>inside the home
Why?
>>
>>14590494
Mental illness probably.
>>
>>14590488

All weather, should be.

>(Misc) Display Weather Everywhere. Just causes the weather effects (snow falling, rain falling, etc) to display regardless of the area you're in. Someone requested this one for the home, but I ended up not limiting it (though I may in the future). Note that this is just a graphical change - you don't get the other effects (such as Wet status) from this.
>>
>>14590544
Time to crawl into the kotasu while watching the falling snow and enjoying tea with your waifu.

Comfy updates are always appreciated.
>>
I don't think it's significant or unknown but the Opatos statue consistently produces very low leveled dungeons and/or extremely high leveled dungeons. Useful for big daddy farming I guess if you want the former.
>>
File: 1397117504214.png (505KB, 708x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1397117504214.png
505KB, 708x1000px
How do you guys deal with stamina issues? My general moveset involves shadow step, magic dart, dark bolt, and raging roar along with buffs and other spells. After switching from Kumiromi to another god, I'm having problems keeping up my stamina in a fight where tons of monsters are involved, even when I'm constantly keeping up my regeneration spell.

I suppose blue pill is one way but they're really hard to come by.
>>
>>14590896
Going Kumiromi if you're spamming shadow step may be a good idea.
Personally i can't not take Lulwy for the extra speed. I just can't.

Also, you should take the suck blood feat, even if you don't mind waiting for regeneration to do its job : bloodsucking monsters exist, and worse, bloodsucking bosses exist.
The only way to fight those fags is at range or by sucking even more blood than them, and sometimes they also got shadow step soo...
>>
>>14590896
i don't think stamina abilities are meant to be spammed
what you can do to recover is take the drain blood action and spam it on your pet (gives him magic/nether resist and put him on defensive mode if you do to much dmg)
>>
>>14590896
I don't need stamina, I follow Itzpalt. Everything dies before I need to use absorb mana. Least so far.
>>
Hey, I'm fairly new to this game. Does anatomy work when your pets kill stuff? I know it doesn't level unless you get the killing blow
>>
>>14591144
Assuming your pet has anatomy, sure.
>>
Should I have my Defender use the Holy Rance + Shield, or a heaver Holy Rance with Two-Hand?

I mean, I guess it's extra damage vs extra defense, but is one clearly superior?
>>
Is Tag supposed to be useful? I read about it but the fucking screenlag it does on movement is retarded.
>>
>>14591655
you need to set delays very low in settings /- detailed options

>>14591542
2H skill superior

So do you guys too get mad at the auto nap during travel that prevent your from getting breakfast ?
>>
File: maid.png (294KB, 801x601px) Image search: [Google]
maid.png
294KB, 801x601px
So I went out and made palace maids out of well...the Performaids(what the group seems to be called). I don't have all of them yet but the ones I have seem to make for interesting casting pets.

I was wrong about all of them silencing. It seems Performaid Desweeper, the succubus maid with the black coat and tail, is the one that has been silencing me. She also casts nerve arrow, crystal spear, and death word.

The maid with the blue coat and blue tail casts slow, mist of dazzling, lightning bolt, healing rain, and has the ability to summon chaos spirits. I haven't seen her cast this yet but it's listed under things she can do when I talk to her about tactics. I wonder how these chaos spirits work and if they'll be useful. I wonder if they can scale as well. If they scale and actually help out in fights that ability will be really cool.

The loli succubus maid with purple hair, called Performaid Bitchiack heh, has a very interesting line up of things it can do. It can do magic kiss, bewitch, eye of brainwashing, magic dart, provoke, and MP breath. From what I read on the wiki, MP breath seems to do irresistible AOE damage. The damage is based off of sacrificing 50% of the person's maximum MP bar and 25% of gauge. Since I've been cranking my own character's MP bar into the millions I wonder how powerful this attack would be if I did the same to her...

The Performaids have terrible INI values though but that's to be expected considering the lowest level one I have is level 112 and comes with attributes in the 103 to 284 range. They also come with a decent amount of speed. Desweeper came with 291 and Pinchief came with 338.
>>
>>14591691
Sometimes. The auto nap feature wasn't a big deal to me when I was starting out but once you have a good bed and a pet with cooking, then yeah, it's something that I can do without.
>>
>>14591712
My God are all those new enemies?
>>
>>14591812
Yeah, those three seem new. I haven't seen them prior to 1.53 I think.
>>
File: nothing personnel.jpg (541KB, 1233x701px) Image search: [Google]
nothing personnel.jpg
541KB, 1233x701px
Pssh
Time has stepped kiddo

The best thing is the music is still playing because time has yet to resume.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (412KB, 1273x697px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
412KB, 1273x697px
>>14591861
>>
>>14591861
grats anon
>>
>>14591861
I don't understand how one can enjoy a game like that. The game information is littered with shit like *Fool* on every hit. And "You proudly wield your dagger", what? Horrible.
>>
File: 1389452715324.png (29KB, 888x539px) Image search: [Google]
1389452715324.png
29KB, 888x539px
>>14591910
Roguelikes in general are like that.
>>
>>14591910
Maybe the fool thing is a Zeome thing because I don't see that when I play the game. I guess he's weird like that.
>>
>>14590123
you can equip it in a melee slot and it'll count as a blunt weapon. Its not terrible, and you can level it up that way until around 5-6 which it becomes more prohibitively grindy. At that point, you might swap to a different weapon and use the stone in a shoot slot, or keep it till 10 if you really dont mind losing a weapon slot for long.
>>
>>14590896
If you use melee weapons, find a weapon that gives the drain stamina modifier, like a lucky dagger. I think it drains like 1-3 stamina per hit, and can hit multiple times. It wont outright remove stamina issues but it significantly reduces costs (at least until you dual wield them, but thats kind of overkill).
>>
>>14591712
I think you already have an irresistable aoe, called mana burst. Basically does the same thing, but sacrifices 100% of your mana and 0 gauge, and it hits everything in your sight radius.

I kinda wanna see you 1hko all the inner gods in one go...
>>
>>14591910
i barely look at the chatlog, so I'm not too fussed.
>>
File: GOLD BELLS.png (414KB, 808x629px) Image search: [Google]
GOLD BELLS.png
414KB, 808x629px
All I needed to beat Zeome was a golden bell? He was just standing there while my pets were beating the shit out of him
>>
>>14592994
If he doesn't heal the battle is pretty easy.
>>
>>14592994
Why did you read that scroll?!
>>
does magic attack bypass DV/PV check?
>>
>>14593138
Yeap. Greater evasion may still save the target from AOE spells, if I remember correctly.
>>
>>14593124
I was going to read a healing rain scroll, but I pressed the wrong key
>>
>>14591999
I'll keep the mana burst gods challenge in mind. I don't have the means to test this out currently as I've used up my wish rods and spell stock to get scrolls of gain attribute. Trying to create a resist set for a pet using artifact fusion. It will be awhile before I have the wishes needed to summon all 9 gods at once.
>>
>>14593586
Sorry, 8 gods. Was going off the nine god sign and it counts Eyth
>>
>>14593274
Just so you know, those scrolls are extremely valuable and useful for crafting purposes, so you'd be better off stashing them in your house in case the odd death or this happens.
>>
File: year 2 itzpalt.png (366KB, 808x631px) Image search: [Google]
year 2 itzpalt.png
366KB, 808x631px
I panicked a little in november of year 2 when I realized I had less than 30 days to get to heaven of irva (does it still say "heaven of tyris" in english elona+?) and 47 faith.

Turned out to be easy with gacha machine spamming and the unknown shell.

And I bought the palace but live in a small cluttered puddle of water on the lawn. I'm not the only one who does this, right?
>>
>>14593740
I spent a whole day remodelling the palace, so no.
>>
>>14593785
Pics?
>>
File: Yacatect.png (1KB, 58x78px) Image search: [Google]
Yacatect.png
1KB, 58x78px
Is there a special config or something i can use for this game cause I don't wanna play with arrowkeys I'd rather use wasd.
>>
>>14594057
config.txt
>>
>>14593740
How do you tag pets together?
>>
>>14594090
interact(i)-tag organization
>>
>>14594057
I can't see how anything but the numpad can be used for roguelikes.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (188KB, 821x645px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
188KB, 821x645px
how is my inventory looking guys? any suggestions? i'm a pianist
>>
>>14594133
Do you have the big ears corruption or do you naturally don't have a head? Anyway that ammo is incompatible with the rifle.
>>
>>14594143
i'm using a glass feather hat.
i didn't know energy cells were incompatible with rifles. ty
>>
>>14594143
Nope, energy cells are usable with guns.

>Bullets and energy cells are used with pistols, shotguns, machine guns, and laser pistols.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Ammo

Just tested energy cell with a sniper rifle on e+ 1.52 fix.

>>14594167
Uh but you're not wearing it. Ears of a beast aren't too bad of a symptom though.
>>
File: lol.jpg (176KB, 816x631px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
176KB, 816x631px
>>14594216
didn't even notice. how do i cure this?
>>
>>14594216
To expand on this, bullets, energy cells and magnums are completely interchangeable if you're using firearms, regardless of them being "normal" guns or laser guns. Arrows are for short/long bows and bolts for crossbows and ballistas.
Throwing requires an empty ammo slot.
>>14594057
Or, if you're a faggot like me, use a gamepad
>>
>>14594239
Potions of cure corruption. You can get some by playing blackjack and winning 4-5 times in a row, getting married, as part of the main quest, and rarely as random loot.
>>
>>14594239
Potion of cure corruption. Make sure it's not cursed.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Ether_Disease
>>
File: nice.jpg (49KB, 811x293px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
49KB, 811x293px
>>14594248
ty based yacatect
>>
>>14594248
Another source is from dipping empty bottles into wells and toilets. I've gotten a good number of cure corruptions this way. Refill it with 3 potions you don't need before dipping each empty bottle to ensure that the well never goes dry.

>>14594326
Might be a good idea to save those remaining chips until you get a lucky day from sleep (the one with +777 luck, not the one from the ehekatl statue or the one from eating blessed food)?
>>
>>14594243
I used to use a gamepad before and its comfy as fuck. I still prefer the keyboard and numpad though, especially when you get down the controls.
>>
>>14594133
Spend your next wish to get a pair of Seven League Boots.

In the meantime go do the Novice Knight quest in Yowyn for a pair of Dal-i-thalion boots. You can give those to your little girl after you get the seven league boots. Be careful and snipe off all the kamikaze yeeks before they get in range to blow you up.

Also look out for upgrades for a better girdle and cloak.
>>
>>14594133
Also see if you can get some better rings.
By the way, if you don't consider it cheating, look up the location of small medals in the cities, take them to the workshop near Noyel and buy yourself the diablo/shield tonfa/sage's helm.
If you don't have something to detect invisible enemies, the helm is pretty good and lets you do so. Pick the tonfa if you plan on doing an unarmed char, or for the dual wield exploit if you get any more hands. The diablo is a good sword that occasionally stops time for a couple of turns.
They also finally fixed it so that with timestop every hit actually hits the enemy 100% of the time.
>>
>>14593740
lol i always push back the redesign of my home too

do the chaos forts reset ? can i store stuff in there ? i never really understood which areas are safe
>>
>>14594604
each of those rings boost my charisma by 5, should i still replace them? i'm on my way to yowyn rn
>>
>>14594605
Every building you own (except for the store, stack items or they'll be, you know, sold), the robber hideout in Vernia, Lesimas. I assume every other static dungeon is safe too.
Never had a fort respawn anything in it so far, and in an old playthrough I recall opening tons of treasure balls, leaving them there, and finding them when coming back for the boss, so they should be safe too.
Why would you need more storage space anyway?
>>
>>14594627
Yes. If you need additional charisma for recruiting more pets you can equip them for the bonus and then reequip combat/more useful ones. Charisma is checked only when recruiting new pets, you may go at negative CHA and still have a full party.
>>
>>14594057
>>
File: configtxt.jpg (177KB, 1169x1435px) Image search: [Google]
configtxt.jpg
177KB, 1169x1435px
>>14594057
here is my hotkeys if anyone is interested

azerty keyboard
>>
File: first living weapon.jpg (175KB, 695x488px) Image search: [Google]
first living weapon.jpg
175KB, 695x488px
Wew, my first living weapon.

How do I best utilize this? Any good tips for living weapon leveling and what bonuses to take?
Should I artifact fuse stuff to it first, because it is godly, and then start leveling it up?

I already plan on savescumming for it.
Can I use an adamantium material kit on it or is its material permanent?
>>
>>14594697
Definitely artifact fuse it before starting to level it up yes.
It's a really cheap godly weapon, you can stuff quite a lot of stuff on this stuff before starting to level it and add even more stuff.
Stuff.
>>
>>14594697
Fusion first, as above. Bonuses revolve around your playstyle, just remember that the "deals additional damage to x" don't actually scale, so having 50 or 300 magnitude still results in 50% extra damage. So don't pick dragon damage twice, you'd just be wasting a level.
Personally I go for piercing and magic damage. While everything gets mag res at high levels, it's still lower than the superb res they tend to get toward everything else. I'd ignore skill bonuses, if you plan to keep that weapon until endgame, you'd be getting single or double digits bonuses to skill that you alreade have triple digits level in. Same for attributes.
They follow standard rules for material change, so yes, you can change it with a kit.
>>
>>14594706
>>14594728
Alright sweet thanks, I'm going to need a lotta socks.

Piercing and Magic damage is exactly what I plan on attaching to it. Maybe crits too. I'm essentially in endgame already so I could use a good weapon.

Is there an upper limit to magic or weapon piercing magnitude? Seems like I can stuff a lot into this weapon.
>>
Returning player, haven't played in a few months. What's this Elona custom? Should I stick with the latest Elona+ version or switch to that?
>>
>>14596062
Custom offers translated parts of South Tyris and stuff as well as offering custom tweaks.
>>
>>14596062
Elona Custom has a bunch of quality of life changes (Skill tracking, fixing the Pray crash bug, etc), a lot of new translations (Act 2, Act 3 stuff), enabled (translated) cutscenes, and some additional features (the biggest one being customizable Pet AI).

In the Options > Language menu in the main game screen, you can find the options to toggle features of Custom on or off. Most of them are off by default.
>>
>>14596062
>>14596068
Also, Custom's saves are compatible with regular E+ between version changes, and is usually updated to the new version of E+ within days of its release.
>>
File: francesca mutation.jpg (101KB, 500x768px) Image search: [Google]
francesca mutation.jpg
101KB, 500x768px
I promised myself I'd draw my mutant after clearing Zeome.
Originally I planned on just running a no-savescum mutant but gave up after I got 2 heads. I'm wondering how she'll look like after clearing South Tyris.
>>
>>14594133
>>14594627

Also upgrade your gear with gold. Especially the claw, every "armor harden" on it will increase both weapon damage and PV by 2, which oddly enough counts towards your sniper. If you dual wield claws and max both of them out, you get a flat 40 damage bonus which can be multiplied by your firearms skill then critical hits after that.

But yea, try and put about 3 levels of armor hardening (or enchant with scrolls or whatnot) since it will be manageably cheap and it will increase your damage output and survivability immensely.
>>
>>14596185
Your linework is pretty tits. Is that a rankis polearm?
>>
>>14596190
Yeah its Rankis. Funny how Rankis is a light weapon but polearms are generally heavy.
>>
>>14596199
Its such a good polearm though, practically made for dual wielding too.
>>
File: bitch.jpg (161KB, 663x451px) Image search: [Google]
bitch.jpg
161KB, 663x451px
I'm glad I killed her the first time I saw her.
>>
>>14590562
Right? I don't understand why people are so against this.
fuck you faggots, I win
>>
>>14596185
Lovely. Don't forget to draw all the mutations and corruptions she gets after clearing South Tyris.
>>
tfw have the human flesh eating mutation just to cook and eat adventurers after I kick their asses
>>
>100 hours in
>no wish from holy well yet

Is there any way to prevent negative effects from drinking from normal wells? Also I heard that toilets can be refilled indefinitely, is this true?
>>
>>14596763
Late game Ehe's Mug prevents negative effects, attribute change and mutations. Don't know if it only applies to negative muts and changes or if it prevents positive ones too.
Otherwise savescum.
>>
>>14596763
wear a fairy hat, downside is you wont have positive mutation either
>>
>>14596217
Dual-wielding it with Diablo is the best way to use it, imagine the procs - while they don't get longer, time-stops begin to happen more frequently. Combine it with Saber Tonfa + Mighty Arms and go wreck stuff.
>>
Does anyone else here just transition to caster after a while because of the utility it provides?
>>
I notice after I changed the tactics on my ally, they don't use their gauge when its filled at 100%. They don't even use it anymore when switch to default. Is there a way I can make them use their gauge?
>>
>>14596763
I know you're desperate to finally get a wish but please don't turn to drinking from toilets...For fucks sake. I never thought I'd ever say such a thing, but this game man...this game.
>>
any of you guys know where can i get extra moster balls? seems like i lost the ones the scientiest gave me am i fucked?
>>
>>14597561
You can occasionally find them in stores, so keep looking and buy as they appear. I think some of the other static quests might give them as rewards
>>
>>14597561
There's ball shop in South Tyris, until then they almost nonexistent. You can occasionally get one or two, but not five.
>>
>>14597561
There is also a monster ball store in south tyris, but that may be too far from now for you
>>
>>14597331
I always start to include casting later on in my plays, and I think everyone should. But I never go full mage, actual weapons are still better late game.

Many spells are essential later on, such as return, dimensional pocket, identify, oracle, dominate, regenerate, etc
Regardless of class
>>
>>14597331
I started as a warmage and it's been by far the easiest start I've had so far. Spells destroy things easily and if something does get close I can take a decent chunk of hits and even smack back.
>>
>>14596763
What I do is I equip something that prevents pregnancy and drink from normal wells. The worst thing that can happen is monsters coming out... which isn't too bad. Watching a mayu sibayu mow down the town guards is always fun.

Aren't toilets exactly the same as regular wells?
>>
>>14597507
I can make my pets drink from toilets and take their wish from them, does that make you feel better?
>>
>>14597331
Like what the other anon said, its pretty hard to exclude spells late in the game since they're really convenient. I still prefer weapons though, and the occasional raging roar to blast mobs of enemies to atoms.
>>
>>14598077
Those poor pets.
>>
>>14597122
Diablo and Rankis would suffer from penalty wouldn't it?
>>
>>14598259
Oh wow it didn't. Time to use Diablo Rankis and maybe get Dynamic Saber too.
>>
Why does the player-created AI shit on itself every time the target is out of sight? I even configured for her to move towards the player in the last instruction setting, turns out that it's possible for your pets to not know where you are if you're blocked by the fog of war.

If even the default AI works this way, that would probably explain it, but having the pet sit there wasting turns when I'm dying is costly. I could take measures such as Houzanha-ing every floor however that method drains all of my stamina.
>>
>>14598307
Add "target distance > 7 move(forward)" before any ranged attack, spell or shadow step.
>>
Can anyone post their custom AI routine that works fairly well?
>>
File: 11111.png (341KB, 700x493px) Image search: [Google]
11111.png
341KB, 700x493px
>>14598503
Something like this for melee valkyrie.
>>
I miss the chat server.
Would it be possible for someone else to make one and have it work with the already existing things?
Or to throw some money at Noa to have them put it back up?
>>
>>14598562
Be honest, you don't really care about chat since you never used it to begin with. All you care about is seeing the death messages of people die so you can laugh at them you monster.
>>
>>14598575
I am way too shy to use the chat.
>>
>>14598575
I'll be honest, I never did directly use the chat, but I enjoyed watching other people trade advice, seeing their wishes and seeing their deaths. It was nice to have and made it feel more alive, at least to me.
>>
>>14598562
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:19535
Apparently, someone already claimed to be working on fixing it.
>>
>>14598562
If you look at the Elona homepage where the chat server was going down was announced, he updated the announcement with this:

> 2015/12/19
Sorry for the long absence especially for the English community. The contracts of external servers I've been using to maintain the forum and the in-game chat will expire at the end of this month. Please make a backup of your images/articles if necessary.

>(Update) Added a link to dev version(1.22) of Elona. The forum and the chat server might come back soon thanks to my friend.

So they're working on it.
>>
>>14598539
Thanks a lot.

Does the AI just skip over not-set instructions?
>>
>>14598711
Yes, as long as whole line is "not set" parameters only.
>>
>>14591712
I'm gonna copy that secret bookshelf thing, shit is fucking genius and I never really thought of doing it in Elona.
>>
>>14598428
I thought the maximum range was 5, not 6?
>>
>>14598930
6 works for me. Tested on pet arena with different distances.
The only thing that makes that AI routine stuck is mist of silence - pet can't use buff and just wasting turns.
>>
File: spells.png (561KB, 1602x601px) Image search: [Google]
spells.png
561KB, 1602x601px
>>14597331
I do most of my damage through spells actually but yeah the utility is the major selling point for spells. I don't just use spells though. For enemies that love to dim, confuse, and silence I use rods and for things that are highly resistant to spells, even after element scar, I use my gun.
>>
I blessed a bottle of water at Itzpalt's altar, but I couldn't bless my other 3 bottles. Do I have to first use up the blessed bottle of water before I can bless another?
>>
>>14598711
>>14598753
It should skip over any instruction that has a "Not Set" value. No need for every part of the instruction to be not set.

>>14598307
Every action has a LOS check, so that's why. I've mentioned it in the thread on the wiki, but I'm probably going to remove it for movement, since the original AI code doesn't have it for movement.

I'm hoping to do another update for it later this month or early Feb to add support for the new evolutions, possibly block some of the new skills, add support for status effects, etc.
>>
>>14599242
Oh shit its Anna.
>>
>>14599237
You should be able to bless all the bottles by dropping the stack on the altar. No need to consume the one you just blessed.
>>
>>14599287
Ah, I'm an idiot. Turns out the bottles were pre-blessed. Thanks!
>>
>>14599256
I'm (usually) in these threads, but I don't post with a tripcode unless I'm responding to something regarding Custom.

But /jp/ is probably the most active English Elona community left outside of the Wiki (which has little discussion), so it shouldn't be too surprising.
>>
File: best run.jpg (74KB, 724x363px) Image search: [Google]
best run.jpg
74KB, 724x363px
Am I still pretty
>>
I'm just starting to make Herb-In food for the first time, but am I missing something here?

Some of the posts in the Elona threads made it sound like these are plentiful later on. From the gardening stuff I've done, it sounds plausible - especially if I can get up a farm or two of nothing but these planted.

The main problem I've seen, however, is the availability of 'rare herbs'. Do people create multiple herb farms after grinding Harvest Time forever, or is there a way to create more than one Herb-In food per rare herb?
>>
>>14599548
Yes my sweet, you are still my sunsh- wait, you absorb rod charges ? FUCK OFF WE'RE THROUGH
DON'T TOUCH THE WISH RODS ON YOUR WAY OUT YOU FILTH
>>
>>14599548
You really let yourself go senpai and I see you're not feeling guilty about it. Anon, please seek help. Your kohai is worried about you.
>>
>>14599594
Continue gardening, as you raise the skill the frequency of rare herbs will, well, raise.
Don't forget to get the scissor of kumiromi from amurdad as soon as you can and to get more kumiromi gems from the little sister quest.
>>
>>14599548
ur gun die man
>>
Can I still get god pets from praying when I have 2 god pets in the dojo?
>>
Anyone have a link to the Elona Custom AI information. I can't seem to find it.
>>
>>14599858
no you need like 30 faith for 3rd pet 40 for 4th etc
>>
>>14600038
Oh damn. Guess I shouldn't stop leveling my faith then.
>>
>>14600019
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/New_Features_in_Elona_Custom_1.51.4
>>
>>14600111
Thanks a lot.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (173KB, 868x495px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
173KB, 868x495px
The wiki claims that the God Recruiting Penalty applies to any NPC with high enough stats, but apparently not. Neither this guy nor Fron the Tour Planner got hit! It's making it impossible for me to just Gene Engineer their necessary skills, let alone AP grind!
>>
File: A very talented hedonist.png (864KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
A very talented hedonist.png
864KB, 1280x768px
Hi friends. I swore to myself I wouldn't play again until they updated coffins to make a Necromancer class somewhat viable. Also figuring I'll do a magic device run at the same time. Have they? I can feel the itch again.
>>
>>14600365
what kind of item gives over 700 LER and 800 MAG ?
>>
>>14600392
I don't want to pull out my laptop to check exactly what I have equipped but I have the Frisia's Tail and Buster Book both equipped which gives lots. I know I also had a lot of equipment with a lot of enhancements that boosted base stats. So a combination of that.
>>
>>14600365
It seems the undead created scales off of alchemy and anatomy so they might become very eventually. They added the DD cemetery key to make gathering up the coffins easier. Magic Device/Rods got lots of buffs. A special action, Dupli-Cane, lets you use any rod that attacks for free without wasting a charge. The catch is it takes up stamina and the damage is reduced. Still, very cool. They also added new rods such as a rod of lightning ball. You can make these through a high enough carpentry skill.
>>
>>14600484
*very powerful eventually
>>
>>14600484
Ya I played a bit after the patch that added the DD cemetery key and all that. I got my Alch/Anatomy fairly high but the coffins still didn't do all that much. They were super useful while I was fighting the gods though, since they would delay and distract them long enough for me to prepare/heal up. Surprises me a lot that Elona still doesn't have a dedicated Necromancer playstyle, but at least these are an option.

The Magic Device changes sound pretty good. What other new rods did they add? I noticed mention of that in the patch notes but didn't see anything specific. I think the last patch that came out after this character was the one that added the "Nuclear Dead Lion" for reference.
>>
>>14600495
I don't really play a rod user so I could be wrong but I think lightning ball, poison ball, eclipse, and magic laser might be new. All of these I got off my carpentry list. There might be others it's just you can't make them. All things considered, lightning ball is the biggest one I think. With the wet modifier and damage boost stacking of rotten tomatoes and rampage, I saw a Japanese player able to hit things for like 500k damage.
>>
>>14600514
You could make Lightning Ball and Eclipse last time I played, but I think Poison Ball and Magic Laser are new. That's pretty good, poison damage is always fun and a non-elemental line spell is good too.

So no idea about new utility ones then? Like Rod of Wizard's Harvest or something? I was hoping for something more interesting like that when I saw them. Still, more content is more content.
>>
Aside from the freezer, is there anything else I can use to store my shit?
>>
>>14600552
4th dimension pocket
Pet's inventory
Storage houses
Static maps
>>
>>14600552
certain bookshelves for scrolls/book
potion rack for potions
some rack for anything flour related you can check out near baker in palmia
>>
>>14600552
Buy stairs from noyel during jure festival to add floors to your house
Graveyard key for coffins
Cooler box?
>>
File: numbers.png (280KB, 686x435px) Image search: [Google]
numbers.png
280KB, 686x435px
Any of you got an idea of what the numbers in the brackets mean ? They are in the ranch screen too.
>>
>>14600713
In this context it would be breeding power. On the ranch screen, it's breeding power.
>>
how do i play mutant and what class do i pick for it
>>
File: numbers1.png (263KB, 687x437px) Image search: [Google]
numbers1.png
263KB, 687x437px
>>14600733
You see the breeding power when assigning a breeder but if you go on "move livestock" you get pic related.
>>
>>14600736
Depends on what kind of character you'd like. Most go thief/warrior mutant with multiple hands for sick deeps. I kinda want to try switching to using multiple staves for more powerful spells later on in my game as a thief mutant.
>>
>>14600770
The "It enhances your spells" enchantment applies after Magic Equip, and can boost spellpower to a total of 2.5x.
The formula is SpellPower = Spellpower * (1 + EnchantStrength/1000), where EnchantStrength is capped at 1500.

For reference staff of instanity give x1.35 and scythe of the void give x1.5
>>
One of them is my pet
>>
guys, is not having gene engeneer a big problem early in the game? as i said yesterday, i lost the monster balls for the quest that rewards you with the gene machine. what should i do? i'm sad
>>
>>14600842
Meh.
>>
>>14600842
Depends on your gamestyle. If you're not using pets then it obviously wouldn't matter. If you're investing in pets then I'm sorry to say that gene engineering at the beginning isn't needed but pretty much recommended since they can train pickpocket early on.
>>
>>14599242
>It should skip over any instruction that has a "Not Set" value
I've tested it in earlier version something like 1.50, and with set target and unset action ai was getting stuck. Maybe that was caused by something else tho.
>>14600713
Tis the age of creature. It even adds passed in-game years.
>>
>>14600917
Big Sis Yacatect is an old hag!
>>
What literacy level do i need to read stuff like magic storm ? I'm at 70 and even with reading party i fail way too often for my taste.
>>
>>14601137
At least JLPT1 mang.
>>
>>14601137
Do you cast divine wisdom before reading? It helps greatly.
>>
Are there any good caster pets for low level (besides the Itzpalt pet)? Been using a rogue mage which did OK at first but her damage is now completely outclassed by my melee pets. I'm level 25 with a rod of domination and the monster heart.
>>
>>14601137
I succeed maybe 80-90% of time with 65 literacy, and level 65 divine wisdom buff with reading party. I gave 3 pets and 1 horse literacy and leveled their skill for a bit with other spell books.

Are you buying cheap rods and recharging your magic storm books at 1 read, by the way?
>>
Bump limit already?

>>14601343
The executioner is level 18.
>>
>>14601352
Executioner sounds neat, I'll check it out. I always killed those guys ASAP so I never really looked into how strong they were. Thanks
>>
>>14601348
>>14601209
I don't use divine wisdom i'll work on it
I have a bunch of scroll to recharge yes.

>>14601369
check out the ham-tairou, it almost ruined my inferno run the other day (lvl 28)
>>
>>14601401
>Ham-tairous aren't particularly strong or weak for their level. However it's notable that at low health they cast heal other on enemy targets, so you can use them for free healing.

I have not run into any of these guys myself yet, but what made them so dangerous?
>>
>>14601529
Well the usual peekaboo around the pillar and you are at 10% hp. Which was surprising since i run around with strong magic res.

Didn't know about the heal bit might be annoying as a pet
>>
>>14601343
Fox bro is really good.
>>
>>14600842
You could also try to spend small medals for rods of domination, or using a pot for fusion for crafting monster balls.
>>
>>14601633
Doesn't he require filled balls? Rods of domination doesn't help with it.
>>
How do you calculate void monsters level? For example, Five head god (base lvl 160) on 167-th level. Would it be flat 200 lvls increase, or is there something else?
>>
So I've got a golden bell as pet. How do I train it in evasion and greater evasion? I want it to stop attacking completely and just stand there.
>>
>>14601823
ride it maybe ? make it ride you ?
>>
>>14601823
Defense mode? You'll need command flag or directive special action.
>>
>>14601842
>>14601850
Thanks anons, I'll try that. Completely forgot about the command flag
>>
Any suggestions on what to do with panties?

Should I reroll all the panties with crappy material before selling, or just the ones with a lot of attributes?
>>
>>14601921
you could make puff puff bread

how did you get so many of them ? i've only gotten 3 i think and im close to your level
>>
File: 1452453560792.png (350KB, 807x632px) Image search: [Google]
1452453560792.png
350KB, 807x632px
>>14601921
>>
File: imp.png (325KB, 809x629px) Image search: [Google]
imp.png
325KB, 809x629px
Camouflaged imp vs Ebon. Place your bets.

>>14601975
Tailoring! I have a set of equipment that boosts it by 30 levels or so. Puff puff gives a buff (heh) to potential, right? Or do you mean it sells for even more than panties?

>>14601992
The sprite isn't symmetrical, so I tried to recreate that. But if you want symmetry, shouldn't the entire thing be moved 1 cell to the right so that it's in the centre of the room?
>>
>>14602137
The buff for when you craft those 10 000 scrolls or whatever.
I find it pretty good because it doesn't decrease as your stat goes up
>>
Winner: Ebon_________

>>14602181
Oh. That's way more useful than I thought it would be. I kept thinking potential buff was for eating herbed food, which wouldn't work because you'd be too bloated to eat the latter, etc etc. Thanks.
>>
>>14602201
No shit the fire giant is gonna win.
>>
File: tag.jpg (44KB, 209x279px) Image search: [Google]
tag.jpg
44KB, 209x279px
>>14601921
Based tagging system. Best update done since riding exp gain.
>>
For training fishing should I be using the cheapest bait possible or the bait most suited to my current level?
>>
>>14602768
Are those custom sprites or does tagging just look like that now? I haven't used tagging in a long time because it fucks up the scrolling.
>>
>>14602853
Anon I'm not using any custom sprite except for the PC, and I just used an extended array of clothes hairs and accessories.
>>
so i've been playing this game for the last 3 days or so and the bgm is driving me insane. You guys still play with the music on?
>>
Are child boars good allies?
>>
>>14602975
Personally i find it cozy.
( the overworld theme evoke fond memories too )
>>
>>14602997
i like the blackjack music, reminds me of pokemon for some reason
>>
>>14602975
well I only really play this game to be a rpfag so I usually just play music from whatever I'm trying to do.
>>
>>14602975
I think the music is actually pretty good. I do get tired of it and put it on mute to listen to other stuff every now and then. Eventually I come back to the default music of the game though.
>>
>>14602975
Go dl the music pack in the pastebin or something if you want.

Or just mute it and play your own stuff.
>>
>>14602975
I used to play with musicpacks but the ones I used seem to have fallen out of existence. Now I just keep it mute.
>>
is there no way to make a custom NPC be an adventurer?
>>
>>14602975
The overworld music and alot of the dungeon music are great, but man the hunting quest and boss music grates on my ears, especially specific variants of it.
>>
>>14597561
Wouldn't it be easier to just wish for the gene machine?
>>
>>14603314
Precious item. Unless anon is willing to cheat, more balls are the only way.
>>
>>14602853
you don't use it on yourself, you do it for your pets. That way it does nothing to your scrolling.
>>
>>14600793
stethoscopes are a thing anon
>>
>>14603365
God dammit. I'm having that issue too.
>>
>>14603314
i kinda gave up on that character already i don't wanna cheat to get me the gene machine. i'm playing fairy now, it's pretty fun so far
>>
>>14603413
Said it before, saying it again. If you don't feel like waiting until South Tyris or until the rng likes you and spawns balls, activate wizard mode, wish for the machine/balls and revert to normal mode via elosnack and take your alias back.
If you know how to use cheat engine, turns passed +CE0 is wizard mode address, 1=true 0=false as usual. If you don't fuck around too much with WM active, you can turn it off again without the alias changing. Shouldn't give gene problems in the future. It didn't to me, at least.
>>
>>14603091
With elosnack you could make a custom adventurer but it might be tedious.
>>
File: oh....jpg (158KB, 819x634px) Image search: [Google]
oh....jpg
158KB, 819x634px
am i lucky or what
>>
>>14603696
and if I do that it'll only exist for that save right?
>>
>>14603701
yes

find the adventurer you want to modify with cdatan
then you can modify in cdata and sdata
adventurers start at 16 i believe

also npc related: anyone knows if its possible to customize home shopkeepers ? i wanna change their sprite mainly
>>
Oh fuck, I only started playing this the other day and I got a wish from a well, what do I get?

Looking at the guides, but I still know almost nothing about this game, I'm a level 4 Elean priest.
>>
>>14603824
First one's always the seven league boots. Opens up more escort quests and a small speed bonus.
>>
What do you guys spend your pets' skill points on? Just dump it all into the impossible-to-grind armor skills?
>>
>>14603842
Alright cool, thanks.
>>
>>14603524
Seems like in the early game low-level balls are common enough (sold in shops) and the gene machine is worthless enough that there's probably no point in fretting over losing the starter balls desu.
>>
I notice they've added more evolutions lately. Anything of note?
Thread posts: 384
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.