[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't Russians and Japs speak proper English? Do they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 13

File: image.jpg (27KB, 213x291px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 213x291px
Why can't Russians and Japs speak proper English?

Do they not study it in school?
>>
>lif
>>
Russians are usually okay, But Japs are LITERALLY mentally ill and should not be taken seriously whatsoever
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 800x522px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 800x522px
>>53291203
I can't speak French.
>>
>>53291203
>proper English?
>order of words

Fuck shit this!
>>
>>53291888
>started the french duolingo course
>realized I was learning a language that will be spoken only by blacks and muslims in the future
>gave up
give up, too
>>
>>53291203
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9SIVzjZhlk
>>
>>53291203
because it's irrelevant and all our neighbors can speak russian
the only reason I have my shitty english skills is because video gaems
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 327x316px
>>53292163
>tfw you realize you will always be Anglo scum.
>>
>>53291203
Japs always break lines.
Weird ways, such as what I do.
Maybe a haiku?
>>
>>53292347
maybe that's why japs speak the worst english

they only play video games with other japs
>>
>>53291203
We cannot speak English well.
This is because we are not in trouble even if most Japanese cannot speak English in Japan.
>>
>>53291203
How can you understand the meaning that we speak somehow?
>>
>>53292924
Then I ask, my friend
Why do you learn English then?
There's other options...
>>
>>53293141
please stop
>>
File: Page23_1736735a.jpg (106KB, 620x919px) Image search: [Google]
Page23_1736735a.jpg
106KB, 620x919px
>>53292347
>tfw playing video games with barely literate retards ruined my english
>>
>>53293141
This is the only way to talk to you
>>
>>53293211
Mы вceгдa мoжeм иcпoльзoвaть oнлaйн-пepeвoдчики.
>>
Because its not their first language
>>
>>53291203
Calm the fuck down, Kim. You always get mad too much.
You should try to figure out the fact that those "Japs" only exist in your illusion, even though you get indoctrinated by the official Korean history textbooks that are full of lefty heroic tales like what China and North Korea usually do in their propaganda and basically made up by leftists and maoists in 50s with no statistically factual evidences and scientific research.
>>
>>53291203
Why do you think about? You're a french native speaker like all canadians.
>>
>>53293719
you obsessed with koreans, mate
>>
Even if irony is said to us by a foreigner, I do not usually notice. We are levels like it. In a sense it is convenient for us .
>>
>>53291203
They can, Russian has no articles and different word order is all
>>
>>53293719
>random guy criticizes the japanese
>HE MUST BE KOREAN
>LEFTIST PROPAGANDA SUBVERSIVE MAOISM
you guys have a problem, m8
>>
>>53294028
In russian word order = article.

Look, bird on window = the bird

Look, on window bird = a bird
>>
>>53294175
Only one semester in still getting the hang of it sorry
>>
File: 14486134686230.jpg (224KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
14486134686230.jpg
224KB, 1280x960px
>>53291203
No they study dota2 instead and if they did they'd have teachers of low self efficacy
>>
>>53294568
i'm hoping that this is a very elaborate photoshop
>>
>>53294454
You may make your russian better watching the american cartoons/tv series in russian translate. I did the same way with french.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNZsYpffnPk
>>
>>53291203
Because it is aimed for most Japanese to pass an English examination.
>>
>>53292347
>all our neighbors can speak russian

Finns can't, get rekt.
>>
>>53291203
We have few machines talking with a foreigner in English.
>>
>>53291203
As of late I’ve had the good fortune in my life to be able to travel frequently to Europe for my job. Since I am from the United States, a friend of mine in Germany told me that I have an advantage because all my life I have spoken the closest thing we have to an international language: English. I suppose that he’s right, but still, I find that I have absolutely no desire to have that advantage.

I am a citizen of the United States of America, and I am very proud of that. I am also proud that we are such an important nation in today’s world. What I am not proud of is the way in which we keep ourselves so important. I am talking about the usage of English in our world as a means of international communication: I have an advantage. We in the United States have an advantage. We are the elite, we rule the whole world, and we’ll keep on ruling because all the others will never be able to communicate as well as we do. They will work at it for years, decades even. They will never get to where we are. We are the elite.

Foreigners. So often they think they are using our language perfectly but we talk about them behind their backs and make jokes about the errors they make. I want to cry out to them, "Can’t you see what you’re doing? You are the ones that take away your power to communicate. You are the ones that constantly put us above you." And above you we will stay We are the elite, and we rule the world.
>>
>>53295786
I don’t want to be elite. Here is someone from the USA who isn’t interested in ruling the world. I am a citizen of the United States, but more than that — yes, more than that — I am a citizen of the world. People everywhere, I see you as my friends, as my brothers and sisters even. I don’t want to stand above you because of an unfair advantage. I would much rather walk by your side. That way we can share our cultures with each other. That way we can be equals. We can respect one another.

You refuse though, you who are not the chosen ones. It seems to me that you are blinding yourselves to the truth. People seem less intelligent than they really are when they talk to someone in that person’s mother language. I got that idea from Claude Piron, an Esperantist, and working abroad I have seen it time after time. Esperanto was created to be a language that one can learn quickly but more importantly, it was created to be flexible so that all people can use it without sounding foreign and without sounding stupid. That is not the case with English. Unless you live for years in an English-speaking country, you will never master the unwritten rules, the countless expressions, and the subtle nuances of the language.
>>
>>53295841
A national language is a labyrinth, confusing to the foreigner. It’s like the layers of an onion, and when you understand one aspect of the language, you can be sure that underneath lie exceptions and nuances that you do not understand. Learn English. It is a rich and beautiful language, spoken in many different lands full of friendly people and interesting cultures. But you must understand, that it is in no way appropriate as an international language. Think about people in your country who don’t speak their own language properly. Think about the errors that you yourself make with your mother tongue. Do you think that people who have not spoken the language from birth can compete fairly? Is this the kind of unjust world you want to create? As a citizen of the world, as a member of the human race, are you proud of this, our world ?

Before I go, I would like to give you something to think about concerning this world that we are creating. I began by talking about the United States, my own country and about how it is an important nation in this world of ours. Why is it so important? I think that one of the best reasons is our strength. Not necessarily military strength, but strength in commerce, diplomatic relations, fine arts, sports, and in so many different areas. Why are we so strong in such diverse ways? I think that it’s because we are a nation of 50 states.
>>
>>53295894
Those states work together, communicate together, share their strengths with each other, and thereby create a union which is so much stronger than the sum of the 50 individual states. We are now seeing that the European Union has the same idea. I invite you to think about this world of ours. What kind of world is it? What kind of world could it be if we, its citizens, could effectively communicate with each other, understand each other, and share our many strengths. I say that we cannot create such a world using any national tongue as the international language. Luckily we have a language that works, that is fair, that allows every person to declare, "Here I am, a citizen of the world, a member of the human race. Let me show you who I am." This is what it means to understand each other. This is what is possible through Esperanto. This is our world.
>>
>>53291203
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWQeYA2-Eks
>>
>>53293279
do you really think that they are working perfectly ?
>>
>>53296733

Я дpyгoй aнoн, нo нa тaкoм пpocтoм ypoвнe гyгл впoлнe ceбe хopoшo paбoтaeт, дaжe c oшибкaми cyть yлaвливaeтcя

Ho кoгдa peчь идeт o cepьeзнoм тo кoнeчнo нe пpигoдитcя
>>
>>53296955
Дa, нaвepнoe ты пpaв.
Пpoблeмa eщё в тoм, чтo oн нe пepeвoдит cлeнг.
>>
File: skullface.jpg (84KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
skullface.jpg
84KB, 1000x1000px
>>53295786
WORDS THAT KILL
>>
>>53294976
Ching chang ping ling
>>
>>53291203
Ip range block all the japs. Also the nip faggot who owns this place should die
>>
>>53295993
Did the Russian learn English at school for Soviet Union Era?
>>
>>53294028
>Russian has no articles and different word order is all
Japan,too
>>
>>53291203
Is okay speak their englhsi. Not allowed to no-one everybody speak englisch goodly, you say? Japanisch and Russian is very other. Hahaha. You told merry joke.
>>
>>53299191
Mostly German in early post-WWII was tought.
But in some soviet school you could learn English, yes. My mom had been studying it for few years at her school, and the school wasn't placed in Moscow.
>>
>>53294175
>Cмoтpи, нa oкнe птицa
Well, that sounds weird...
>>
i've noticed very few russians with bad english, on the other hand i've never read a single japanese post that wasn't either really awkward or outright impossible to understand

t. blog
>>
>>53301615
>i've never read a single japanese post that wasn't either really awkward or outright impossible to understand
It's even funnier when it's a gaijin English teacher.
>>
File: puddinpops.jpg (68KB, 401x270px) Image search: [Google]
puddinpops.jpg
68KB, 401x270px
>>53295993
>>
>>53294156
Fuck you, Ming!
>>
File: 1450192711939.jpg (50KB, 791x700px) Image search: [Google]
1450192711939.jpg
50KB, 791x700px
>>53295786
>>53295841
>>53295894
>>53295931
The people residing in those fifty states all identify as Americans. There may be minor cultural differences, but the countries in Europe not only have hundreds of years of history dividing them, but speak entirely different languages.

The greatness of America has more to do with its Freedom, something I believe the EU is actively trying to take away.

Also, Esperanto is shit. It sounds like Spanish and Spanish reminds me of greasy, oily brown people.
>>
Do the people of the country which does not speak English as their native language except Japan have many opportunities to speak English in their real life?
By the way Is English that I speak awkward?
Please tell me; an English teacher.
>>
>>53302396
>>>/pol/
>>
We have long traditional culture.
Short traditional country like you will be an Anglosphere.
>>
>>53291203
Why cannot Canadians speak Russian or Mandarine properly?
>>
>>53291203
if you tried to learn japanese you would sound like a fucking retard as well

they probably have one of the biggest language barriers
>>
File: 1452095401478.jpg (245KB, 947x1205px) Image search: [Google]
1452095401478.jpg
245KB, 947x1205px
>>53303120
>cannot Canadians speak... Mandarine
>>
>>53291203
We are not ja...something but Nippon.
Why can't you remember such a country's name?
Are you hentai?
>>
>>53291203
They've been too busy yelling obscenities at each other for the past 150 years.
>>
>>53303024
thanks for proving them right moron
>>
They do teach english in schools here but the teaching is godawful. I knew better english than my teachers just by playing some video games with a dictionary and reading the occasional english kid's book as a kid. Most russians have no real use for english either since they have yandex and vk.com and prompt and shit. Also you basically have to learn syntax and grammar from the scratch because Russian is so different, I assume the same is true for Asian languages.

I find Japanese broken English freaking adorable for some reason though.
>>
>>53291203
Is there awkward English that a Japanese speaks in this thread?
Would you tell us it if there is it?
And we are glad when you correct it.
>>
>>53291203
There is no native language in Canada.
>>
>>53303889
There are native non-English languages in most of Western Europe though and they still seem to have better English on average than slavs or asians.
>>
>>53303951
I see. Thank you for telling me.
btw, where is a Western Europe thing?
Is it next to India?
>>
File: q669gd.jpg (17KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
q669gd.jpg
17KB, 250x300px
>>53303480
nice joke
>>
The countries which speak English well.

The countries which were ruled over for a long term by the people who spoke English.
The countries which speak a language like English.
>>
>>53291494
>>53298834
why are canadians so mad at us?
>>
>>53294156
go to the jap thread. count how many korean are on there. included the one in japan.
>>
>>53304128
even streetshitters manage to speak/type understandable english. you gooks dont really have an excuse, especailly being a firstworld cunt.
>>
>>53291203
Japan's English education is basically like Anglo Canada's French education. It's half-assed and tacked on because the only the only thing Japanese education actually teaches is how to study for multiple choice tests.
>>
>>53306037
They're mad because lolicon is illegal in Canada.
>>
I honestly can't fucking tell if even half the Japanese posts on this board are actually written by Japanese people or by people with proxies making fun of Japanese people.
>>
America didn't teach us English
Fuck you Ameribaka
Control Japan properly
Don't be lazy
>>
>>53307269
クソつまんねーんだよ死ね。
>>
>>53307269
"STATELY, PLUMP BUCK MULLIGAN CAME FROM THE STAIRHEAD, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed. A yellow dressing gown, ungirdled, was sustained gently-behind him by the mild morning air. He held the bowl aloft and intoned:

-- Introibo ad altare Dei.

Halted, he peered down the dark winding stairs and called up coarsely:

-- Come up, Kinch. Come up, you fearful jesuit.

Solemnly he came forward and mounted the round gunrest. He faced about and blessed gravely thrice the tower, the surrounding country and the awaking mountains. Then, catching sight of Stephen Dedalus, he bent towards him and made rapid crosses in the air, gurgling in his throat and shaking his head. Stephen Dedalus, displeased and sleepy, leaned his arms on the top of the staircase and looked coldly at the shaking gurgling face that blessed him, equine in its length, and at the light untonsured hair, grained and hued like pale oak.

Buck Mulligan peeped an instant under the mirror and then covered the bowl smartly.

-- Back to barracks, he said sternly."

Did you understand?
>>
Russia and Japan are the only countries not linguistically cucked by foreigners
>>
>>53307306
Go hospital crazy Jap
You make all unhappy
Notice you are a mental patient
>>
>>53307388
Only20%
>>
>>53307440
Are you a bot or something? I cant believe an actual man types these incoherent postings.
>>
>>53294946
From my experience with Japaneses, the fact that people can pass the test with that level of English is puzzling t b h sorry.
Are your tests mostly composed of vocabulary?
>>
>>53307614
"This is the excellent foppery of the world, that,
when we are sick in fortune,--often the surfeit
of our own behavior,--we make guilty of our
disasters the sun, the moon, and the stars: as
if we were villains by necessity; fools by
heavenly compulsion; knaves, thieves, and
treachers, by spherical predominance; drunkards,
liars, and adulterers, by an enforced obedience of
planetary influence; and all that we are evil in,
by a divine thrusting on: an admirable evasion
of whoremaster man, to lay his goatish
disposition to the charge of a star! My
father compounded with my mother under the
dragon's tail; and my nativity was under Ursa
major; so that it follows, I am rough and
lecherous. Tut, I should have been that I am,
had the maidenliest star in the firmament
twinkled on my bastardizing."

How about that?
>>
>>53291203
Japanese don't feel necessity of English in their real life. Then they don't study English well.
It's same as you don't feel necessity of Japanese in your real life.
>>
>>53291203
Pretty sure they are uneducated
>>
File: dog.jpg (37KB, 450x357px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
37KB, 450x357px
I feel as if it's like Anglos in Canada learning French in school, very few actually want to learn it and most have very little use for it. Why waste time properly learning the language when you just need to half ass it to get decent grades?
>>
>>53291203
Because English isn't the standard language of those two countries, and in the case of Japan it's not even in the same family. Same reason most Anglophones don't speak Mandarin or Spanish despite those being the two most widely spoken languages on the planet.
>>
>>53292286
kek
>>
>>53292286
holy fuck i laughed
>>
File: PFFT HAHAHA.gif (3MB, 445x247px) Image search: [Google]
PFFT HAHAHA.gif
3MB, 445x247px
>>53292286
SIDES = IN ORBIT
>>
Fack you
Am i a pen?
>>
>>53308248
Yes.
>>
>>53302566
LOL
>>
>>53304749
japan surprises me sometimes. nice.
>>
It's backwards as fuck to Japanese and Russian, OP.
Imagine you've never played baseball before. Now, imagine being told that in order to play, you HAVE to learn everything with not just your nondominant hand, but your entire nomdominant side--pitching, batting, leading your slide with your bad foot, etc. That's what it's like to learn English for a nip and vice versa for an Anglo.
>>
>>53310098
English is very simple for us. But it's useful for fun and few jobs only. We don't need English to accomplish anything.
>>
>>53291203
not true
we is study an english on shcools
>>
>>53291203
>Why can't Russians and Japs speak proper English?
to remind you that I'm a not civilized mongolian brute
>>
>>53302566
top zozzle no wonder japanese can't speak english
>>
>>53310318
Did you speak such an English on purpose?
>>
This is apple
>>
>>53311785
I thought you all used Samsung over there.
>>
>>53311785
>an
Do not forget it.
>>
>>53291203
im still new here but confirmed that there are atleast three butthurt chinkoreans on /int/. one is you, kim. the others are an angry chink migrant who faces his identity crisis deeply in poland and a typical boring chink migrant who has no friend in australia. all i can say at this point is that theres the common fact among them that they all are indoctrinated into only believing that their government or pseudoscientific leftist activists propaganda and all of them are managing to cope with their identity crisis that were self-made of the indoctrinating.
>>53307843
kim, hes also kim and surely your comrade. its ok to bitch about japanese but pls dont run korean circlejerk here. not to mention i also hate that japanese circlejerk.
>>
>>53311744
no it are an english I were teached on an schcool
>>
>>53291203
日本語しゃべれねークセに偉そうなこと言ってんじゃねーぞケトウ猿が。
731部隊に連れて行かれる時は「ゴメンナサイゴメンナサイ」鳴いてたくせによぉ。
おまえらがちゃんと日本語話さないから処刑されたんだぞ。
まぁ喋れてても処刑されたけどな、笑。
さっさと自殺しろよ皮膚癌猿。
>>
>>53312417
WHAT?
>>
TOO MANY JAPS HERE

FUCK OFF
>>
>>53312122
なんでanがなきゃいけないの?
>>
>>53291203
Why canadians cant speak proper Chinese, do they not study it in school?
>>
>>53306745
streetshitters→street shitters(give a space)
speak/type→speak(This is on the board.You are too sensitive)
dont→don't(apostrophe)
firstworld→(space)

Others:
english→Proper nouns are spelled with a capital initial.
>>
>>53291203
What is "proper English"? Can you give and example of "inproper English" which Russians and Japans use?
>>
even Singaporeans can't speak good English. more like Singlish lol
>>
>>53306745
English is onemof their country's official languages. I imagine a good amount of them learn it.in school.
>>
>>53307832
B-but I do, and I speak it like a retard. ;_;
>>
File: we_speak_english_too.jpg (439KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
we_speak_english_too.jpg
439KB, 1280x960px
>>53313091
in states a lot mexicunts and other latinos speaking spanglish but even americans not speaking proper english but some made up yank yahoo stuff. All the expats in south africa and the aussi speaking accent-dialect and cananda is half french speaking. Op is just a attention whorism fag
>>
>>53313091
>inproper
this
>>
>>53313523
cocaй, лaлкa
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.