[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Saladin let the Christians go freely back to Europe when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15

File: image.jpg (45KB, 250x304px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 250x304px
Why did Saladin let the Christians go freely back to Europe when he took Jerusalem back from the Crusaders instead of murdering them all like the Christians did to the Muslims 100 years prior?
>>
Because it was 1187.
>>
>>53109040
because christianity wasn't that different to islam
>>
>>53109040
saladin fucked his stepmother.
>>
>>53109040
Cause that's what the Sharia literally says. The prophet did the same when he conquered Mecca and other places that were warring him.
>>
>>53109386
That would mean that Saladin should've slaughtered the Crusaders like the Crusaders slaughtered the Muslims
>>
>>53109423
Do you hate him because he was a Arabized-Kurd?
>>
>>53109446
so you're saying islam was better than christianity?
>>
>>53109510
Saladin wasn't a kurd. In Arabic records he's from an Arab tribe that migrated to Armenia.
>>
File: Old ISIS.jpg (331KB, 1588x1078px) Image search: [Google]
Old ISIS.jpg
331KB, 1588x1078px
>>53109543
>so you're saying islam was better than christianity?
Islam is better than Christianity. Naturally.
>Europe
no pagans left
>Middle East
Plenty of minorities everywhere
it's clear who are the bloodthirsty ones here
>>
>>53109543
I asked a very specific question and you gave a very vague answer.

>because christianity wasn't that different to islam

What did he mean by this?
>>
File: tommy.jpg (58KB, 594x439px) Image search: [Google]
tommy.jpg
58KB, 594x439px
>>53109623
>I asked a very specific question
except you didn't ask a question at all
>>
>>53109040
1. because he levied a toll on their safe passage out of the town, thus ostensibly bypassing his troops right to sack the town and take a share of the loot for themselves
2. because he was a smart guy: he knew the whole of Europe was watching, but also that the Christian princes were as petty as they were bloodthirsty, and broke, too; by avoiding a scandal in Jersualem, he allowed them to return to their feuds without their having to feel the need to pawn all they had to wreak bloody vengeance on Egypt. When retribution at last came, it was in the form of the rich and chivalrous Richard the Lionheart, and we all know how that ended. However, the Germans certainly would not have been so courteous had disaster not struck their ranks before they had the chance to repeat the First Crusade.
>>
>>53109623
you've already been answered, why do you keep asking idiots? It's cause the Sharia literally says that, move on.
>>
>>53109673
The question is in the OP, to which you vaguely retorted

>because christianity wasn't that different to islam

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>53109702
No.
>>
>>53109040
When the Muslims first took jerusalem, they slaughtered all christians and jews inside

so thats what the crusaders did to the muslims when they got there

when saladin took jerusalem he knew that if he slaughteres all christians inside, one or two generations later a new force will come and massaker the current population.

One way he broke a cycle of death, in another he redeemed a mistake commited by islam in the first place
>>
>>53109722
>What did he mean by this?
that they're the exact same fucking thing just in different regions of the world
>>
>>53109040
Therefore, if you encounter those who deny the truth (in warfare), then bring about the captives until when you have subdued/overcome them, then strengthen the bind. Then after either grace/favour or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens. That, and had God willed, surely He would have gained victory Himself from them, but He tests some of you with others. And those who get killed in the cause of God, He will never let their deeds be put to waste.
- The Holy Quran [47:4]

Qur'an says you should ransom war prisoners or just let them go.
>>
>Implying that's how if happened
Please stop using Kingdom of Heaven as historical fact.
>>
>>53109767
>When the Muslims first took jerusalem, they slaughtered all christians and jews inside

Are you fucking retarded?
1- There were no jews in jersualem because they were expelled
2- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_(637)

propaganda monkey
>>
>>53109580
>Middle East plenty of minorities

Retardation confirmed. The Jews were kicked out, the Christians slaughtered constantly, and the yazidis sold to see slavery. Seriously fuck Muslims always down playing their subhuman ways but always exaggerating everyone else's.
>>
>>53109040
Just watched Kingdom of Heaven I see....

What's Jerusalem worth?
>>
>>53109896
>Retardation confirmed. The Jews were kicked out, the Christians slaughtered constantly, and the yazidis sold to see slavery. Seriously fuck Muslims always down playing their subhuman ways but always exaggerating everyone else's.

1- Who are the Mizrahi
2- Who are the Christians in Egypt, throughout the levant, Mesopotamia
3- Yazidis are still around after 1400 years of Muslim rule

fuck off kike subhuman
>>
>>53109896
In 613, the Jewish revolt against the Byzantine Heraclius culminated with the conquest of Jerusalem in 614 by Persian and Jewish forces and establishment of Jewish autonomy. The revolt ended with the departure of the Persians and an eventual massacre of the Jews in 629 by the Byzantines ending 15 years of Jewish autonomy.

Following the Muslim conquest of Jerusalem, Jews were once again allowed to live and practice their religion in Jerusalem, 8 years after their massacre by the Byzantines and nearly 500 years after their expulsion from Judea by the Roman Empire.
>>
>>53109806
>>53109733
Had Saladin truly been such a pious Muslim in political matters, he would not have massacred the Fatimids. I'm not deeply knowledgeable in the matters of Islam, but from what I know the Shi'a-Sunni divide was not as drastic in Saladin's time as it is now. Therefore Saladin can be viewed in the same light as the best of his European contemporaries: a religious man who nevertheless instinctively acted on his political instincts with only nominal justification, for he was no fool.
>>
>>53109040
He didn't, they had to pay ransom, those who could not were enslaved (The majority)
>>
>>53110061
Saladin massacred the Fatimid family so his rule in Egypt wouldn't be questioned. Is it Islamic to do it? No, but he really didn't have any choice with the Muslim empire fractured at the time, the fatimids would have rebelled while he was out fighting crusaders and the caliph in Baghdad couldn't give two shits about Jerusalem. he did not however kill the citizenry. The Fatimids were an extremist shia rulers, like the safavids that came after them in Iran and basically tried forcibly converting everyone https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safavid_conversion_of_Iran_to_Shia_Islam
>>
>>53110108
>He didn't, they had to pay ransom, those who could not were enslaved (The majority)
ransom was on the knights, the rest were let go without ransom
>>
>>53110304
That is totally untrue, what is your source?
>>
>>53110357
https://books.google.com/books?id=y7iyCAAAQBAJ&pg=PT42&dq=saladin+poor+crusaders+without+ransom&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjXlM6Nz5HKAhXDWz4KHfkWDJ4Q6AEIHTAA#v=onepage&q=saladin%20poor%20crusaders%20without%20ransom&f=false
>>
>>53110477
Hahahahahaha literally your source refers to the 15000 christians who were enslaved, I'm going to assume you are muslim yes?
>>
>>53110603
read on, Mcdonagh
>>
File: 20140517025056.jpg (159KB, 1568x884px) Image search: [Google]
20140517025056.jpg
159KB, 1568x884px
>>53109580
>Plenty of minorities everywhere
Now I'm triggered. All those based languages and religions wiped out by subhumans.
>>
The muslims massacred the Christians and banned worship for about 400+ years before the Christians did the same much later.

Also Christians allowed muslims to worship in Jerusalem provided they pay a small fee. The 'tolerant' muslims did the exact same thing with Nestorian christians and the like elsewhere.
>>
>>53110357
Native Christians were allowed to stay in Jerusalem

Crusaders paid ransom

Old people were free to go

Poor men and women were slaves but thousands were freed by Al-Adil, Heraclius, Balian and Muzaffar al-Din
>>
Also it's worth noting that the Muslims prior to Saladin that this 'american' keeps mentioning treated the Christian and Jewish Denizens like complete shit which is what ended up causing the crusades when people could not even pilgrimage to Jerusalem. This was especially prominent under the Seljuks who were notorious for massacring Christians and jews.
>>
File: dd.jpg (440KB, 1333x968px) Image search: [Google]
dd.jpg
440KB, 1333x968px
>>53110793
wew The Arabs are objectively greater than Romans m8

>>53110826
No retard stop lying
>>
>>53110826
>>53110826
Why are you lying?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_(637)

>Although details of the siege were not recorded,b[›] it appeared to be bloodless.[9] The Byzantine garrison could not expect any help from the humbled regime of Heraclius. After a siege of four months, Sophronius offered to surrender the city and pay a jizya (tribute), on condition that the caliph came to Jerusalem to sign the pact and accept the surrender.[10]

>Upon Umar's arrival in Jerusalem, a pact known as The Umariyya Covenant was composed. It surrendered the city and gave guarantees of civil and religious liberty to Christians in exchange for jizya. It was signed by caliph Umar on behalf of the Muslims, and witnessed by Khalid, Amr, Abdur Rahman bin Awf, and Muawiyah. In late April 637, Jerusalem was officially surrendered to the caliph.[15] For the first time, after almost 500 years of oppressive Roman rule, Jews were once again allowed to live and worship inside Jerusalem.[16]
>>
>>53111013

Nice wikipedia article, arguing is easy when you glaze over the 400 years of abuse the denizens inside of Jerusalem suffered as a consequence of Islamic rule, while using sources from Islamic 'scholars' since the Muslims burned down any libraries they saw
>>
>>53111013
Hey man, I'm with you, but its a lost cause on 5chan. They automatically call you faggot and spit out antifacts at you.

Its best you just let them win. Their arguments never end, after all, they jerk off to your madness.

>>53111134

Troll detected.
>>
>>53111134
the article is referenced, retard. Where is your source or do you just like talking out of your ass
>>
>>53111013
>For the first time, after almost 500 years of oppressive Roman rule, Jews were once again allowed to live and worship inside Jerusalem.[16]
Cui bono
>>
>>53111134
>I give you sources
>you just keep talking out of your ass

http://www.history.com/topics/crusades

>A less organized band of knights and commoners known as the “People’s Crusade” set off before the others under the command of a popular preacher known as Peter the Hermit. Peter’s army traipsed through the Byzantine Empire, leaving destruction in their wake.

>Another group of Crusaders, led by the notorious Count Emicho, carried out a series of massacres of Jews in various towns in the Rhineland in 1096, drawing widespread outrage and causing a major crisis in Jewish-Christian relations.
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 284x177px
>>53111206
>Roman rule wasn't oppressive
>>
>>53111232

>Roman rule was oppressive!!!

>D-don't look at the seljuks!!!

Inshallah, now we burned all the libraries down we can lie all we please!
>>
File: kek europe.jpg (71KB, 721x200px) Image search: [Google]
kek europe.jpg
71KB, 721x200px
>>53111265
>Muslims burning libraries
that's a Christian tradition
>>
>>53111265
Why are you avoiding me?

Shamed that you were spouting bullshit and got called out?

http://www.history.com/topics/crusades
>Encamping before Jerusalem in June 1099, the Christians forced the besieged city’s governor to surrender by mid-July. Despite Tancred’s promise of protection, the Crusaders slaughtered hundreds of men, women and children in their victorious entrance into the city.
>>
>>53111265
HAHAHAHAHA
Seems like you lost the arguments familia
>>
File: absolutely-disgusting.jpg (74KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely-disgusting.jpg
74KB, 720x540px
>Abrahamic religions
>>
>>53111443
HAHAHAHA

The Brazilians raped the Scandinavians, they're really oppressive. Their kingdoms lasted 1,000 years until the Teutonic knights came the liberated the Nordic folk.

See I can make shit up too, pass if for an argument
>>
>>53111013
>>53111134
There are source numbers literally in the article
>>
>>53109959
>2- Who are the Christians in Egypt
The guys all emigrating and getting beheaded? The ones who are an ever-shrinking part of Egypt?

> kike subhuman
Boo hoo, those awful lizard-men
>>>/pol/
>>
>>53113554
except that's wrong.muslims respect Christians and would never do such a thing, take your retarted anti-islam dribble back to /pol/
>>
File: Mameluke-in-Full-Armour.jpg (58KB, 488x599px) Image search: [Google]
Mameluke-in-Full-Armour.jpg
58KB, 488x599px
>>53109040
because he was kind of a cuck desu
>>53109348
underrated post
>>
File: Iraniankek.jpg (24KB, 826x552px) Image search: [Google]
Iraniankek.jpg
24KB, 826x552px
>>53109896
kek i almost feel bad for Arabs. They had literally several centuries when they could have wiped out almost all of the world Jews outside of Europe minus Spain. now they suffer the consequences of being cucked
>>
>>53109896

Why are you lying, I thought Israelis will be smart, you know how many israelis author I read that write about Islamic history, so stop lying. If you hate Muslims I can understand.
>>
>>53109040
>freely

You must have missed the part where he made them pay a ransom for their freedom and many were unable to pay and were taken as slaves.
>>
>>53114292

The Muslims needed the Jews, in what way massacring the Jews helps anyone? Please reply?
>>
>>53114292
Yes, now they have a micro-Jew state next to them that just sort of sits there. How horrible.
>>
>>53109040
islam is a religion of peace and forgiveness not violence and genocide like judeochristiannity
>>
>>53115434

You sound like a whiny white bitch.
>>
>>53115428

Look at Jankulovski here, talking
>>
>>53111265
Came here to laugh at you being rekt.

Carry on, Jewworshippers.
>>
>>53109040
>Why did Saladin let the Christians go freely back to Europe when he took Jerusalem back from the Crusaders instead of murdering them all like the Christians did to the Muslims 100 years prior?

Believe it or not muslim leader were not always the savages they are today. Also the middle east was not controlled by degenerate arabs.
>>
>>53109896
>The Jews were kicked out, the Christians slaughtered constantly
and next you want to tell us that king david really existed dont you bubele?
>>
File: 1450841151853.png (85KB, 211x264px) Image search: [Google]
1450841151853.png
85KB, 211x264px
>Even the American posters have been infiltratred by muslims

I thought it was enough with Sweden/France/Germany/UK
>>
>>53111013
>Why are you lying?
>asks a descendent of rapists and murderers
kek
>>
File: Semitic.jpg (551KB, 984x728px) Image search: [Google]
Semitic.jpg
551KB, 984x728px
>>53111554
>Abrahamic religions
my god has a longer penis then yours
>>
>>53116469
>tfw germanic paganism didn't win the war of religion
>>
>>53109040

Because Saladin was a civilized Kurd and not a barbaric Arab. Even among gypsy-tier sheep herders, Aryan genes still give an advantage, clearly.
>>
>>53109781
you can't explain two differents outcomes by telling us that that christianity and islam are the same thing you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>53109580
What a crock of shit. The Arabian peninsula used to be mixed. It is now 100% Muslim. Christians are reduced to a handful in the ME and the only Jews live in Israel after 850,000 of them were removed from the rest of the ME. Zoroastrians are reduced to a fraction. Muslims slaughtered 80 million Hindus. Afganistan used to be Buddhist. Zero Buddhists there now. Fuck you, you blood thirsty savage.
>>
>>53109040
The Sarassins and my ancestors the Al-Farangi had a special thing going on. Why I don't know, but it seems it hasn't ended yet.
>>
File: 1449862304776.jpg (35KB, 229x343px) Image search: [Google]
1449862304776.jpg
35KB, 229x343px
>>53109580
Consider me triggered. I really hope we get to stamp out the cancer that is Islam some day.
>>
>>53109348
this

>1187
>killing christians in revenge
>>
>>53109549
like that's any better
>>
>>53113554
If it was the norm for christians to be constantly harassed in the middle east ,wouldn't you think that they would have migrated by now instead of there being millions of them .
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.