[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else /pacifist/ here? >tfw war is sweet to those who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 23

File: Feels victorious man.jpg (18KB, 201x211px) Image search: [Google]
Feels victorious man.jpg
18KB, 201x211px
Who else /pacifist/ here?

>tfw war is sweet to those who have never experieneced it
>>
>>531205
How is this not a political stance?
>>
>>531206
Who said it wasn't?
>>
>>531206
Philosophy?
>>
File: images.jpg (15KB, 246x400px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 246x400px
Buckle up buckaroo
>>
File: vikings.jpg (50KB, 350x455px) Image search: [Google]
vikings.jpg
50KB, 350x455px
>his ancestors don't live through them

fucking liberal pussy coward

some of us here come from proud warrior ancestry and do not fear battle or death

also most veterans agree that war and battle are very fun adventurers.
>>
>>531222
Philosophy asks, "in what ways may pacifism be justified or refuted" with an emphasis on the ways, rather than the justification or refutation.

This is >>>/pol/
>>
File: 1370575914063.jpg (77KB, 960x491px) Image search: [Google]
1370575914063.jpg
77KB, 960x491px
>>531238
>also most veterans agree that war and battle are very fun adventurers.
Because we all know how much fun PTSD is?
>>
>>531205

I am desu senpai

but solely as a product of enviroment. Had I been born at another time but the same place, i would most likely have joined up for something. I recently read a book on a norweigan SS voulenteer who signed up for the adventure, and I'd prob have done the same.
>>
File: 51.jpg (453KB, 1231x1098px) Image search: [Google]
51.jpg
453KB, 1231x1098px
>>531238
autism
>>
>>531238
could you be any gayer

seriously though war isn't a good thing at all but sometimes it is necessary
>>
>>531205
I admire the sentiments of pacifism, but I've been in too many bad situations to give up violence as a tool. Perhaps there will be a time in your life when it's you, or him. Killing doesn't even have to be a part of the equation. Once in a while a person with a problem won't leave you be, and the only thing they respond to is getting their face broken.
>>
File: 1264303667735.jpg (873KB, 3000x2276px) Image search: [Google]
1264303667735.jpg
873KB, 3000x2276px
>>531205
>Read military history
>Learn VERY QUICKLY that is horrible.
>>
Pssht

You're a faggot

The blood of crusading knights, legionaries, spartans, and vikings run in my veins

Glorious wars of honor are what I was born for

My ancestors whisper to me
>>
>>531422
>Read military history

Did you mean history?
>>
>>531232
>get conscripted and fight as a shitty private on the western front
>'sea of mud and blood' wtf is this
>get wounded 14 (!) times including a bullet going in and out of your chest
>10/10 would fight again
>>
>>531428
>My ancestors whisper to me: You're a faggot
See what I did there?
>>
>>531464
>responding to le dank forced maymays
>>
>>531205
>implying you ever experienced war

:^)
>>
File: 1425615420349.jpg (264KB, 985x979px) Image search: [Google]
1425615420349.jpg
264KB, 985x979px
>live in third world shithole
>every direct male ancestor back to my great great grandpa participated in a war
>I may not get my war to continue the legacy
>>
I think most people on this board haven't done anything to drive home how shitty war is. My neighbor was on a boat of some sort during WW2 and it still fucks him up thinking about all the people he's never going to see again. "muh martial glury n ancestor" faggots have probably never been in a real fight, let alone a situation where they might die.
>>
>>531614
sounds like your neighbor was a pussy to begin with.

My entire male line on the other hand has gone to war and come back decorated heroes. Glory honor and bravery courses through my veins, ideals liberal pussyshits like you could never understand.
>>
>>531623
>My entire male line on the other hand has gone to war and come back decorated heroes
That's because they never expirensed the war on their own land.
>>
The thing is war mostly isn't killing your mortal enemies in a heroic charge, most of the "horrors of war" aren't even related to fighting to begin with. I sure as fuck wouldn't like to be hunting rats in some ruined building out of starvation while slowly dying of hunger, thirst, frostbite and infection.
>>
>>531623

>come back

Fucking pussies.
>>
If you want peace, you have to prepare yourself for the war.
>>
File: 1333373435537.jpg (7KB, 191x223px) Image search: [Google]
1333373435537.jpg
7KB, 191x223px
Would you participate in a war that you know your country would lose? like if your country is Iraq and US just invaded it.

For me fighting for corrupt country isn't worth my life and I know fighting a stronger forces is just suicidal
>>
>>531205
in a couple of years you might want to change your mind
>>
>>531702
aren't you supposed to be shopping for AK47s in walmart right now?
>>
>>531766
As if you have a chioice if you lived in a third world country
>>
>>531802
>3rd world countries are all fighting and shooting all day every day
>I know this because I watch fox news
>>
>>531337
You see, I had 2 friends who had the exact same reasoning as you do.

And even though I spent A LOT of time hanging out with them, they got their asses handed to them constantly, while I only got punched twice (and one of those occasions was pulling one of those friends out of a fight).

It's only impossible to resolve issues with actual, schizophrenic loonies and those are rare as fuck.
>>
There are some things worse than war.
>>
>>531819
Humans are capable of doing the worst things imaginable without remorse

Anything that can be done to somebody can be done by another person

2bh worst atrocities to ever happen have been because of human conflict
>>
I would never enlist to fight unless my homeland was directly threatened. But if it were I would fight to defend it.
>>
>>531278
And it still doesn't stop a good portion of veterans from missing the military and often, war.
>>
>>531662
Hungarian here. My country has had plenty of war.

War is an opportunity to cleanse the nation of excess culture. Things like obsession with social media and divisiveness over petty political things. War takes much, but it takes someone truly blind to not see that perpetual peace makes a people complacent, naive, and weak.

Peace is good, but every few decades things need to be shaken up. The current state of forced peace in Europe just means that nations can't evolve dynamically anymore. Big countries have banded together and little countries need to just accept what they're stuck with. Europe's most powerful country (Germany) has a shit military and a weak leadership that only takes the reigns of Europe when it works against Europe. It's pathetic, and it wouldn't have stood for a month in old Europe, when stupidity and carelessness were punished. We think we're free but we've traded visible and clear kings for corporations and powerful men you'll never hear of, much less hold accountable for how much sway they hold over our world.

War is bad, but this peace is worse. It signals the degeneration of our world, and in a hundred years when African countries will have grown powerful enough to force European influence out of their lands, when American dominance of the Pacific slips, and when Germany becomes an actual shithole welfare state, we'll have gotten what we deserved. If you don't export your bull shit, someone will import theirs.

I'm not even bitter, we deserve everything that's going to happen to us, because we pulled a Romans and became a society of excess and complacency.
>>
>>531940
>muh degeneracy

kek, what a sperg
>>
>>531940

Yep let's plunge an entire generation of European men into the joys of PTSD, that's bound to rectify our societal problems
>>
>>531940
>Hungary
>Hurdurr war is good.
Said the country who fucking lost of shit it started.
>>
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori, motherfucker.
>>
>>531445
If you're trying to be witty, all you're doing is pointing out that's it's awful that such is the case
>>
>>531980

>If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
>Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs,
>Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
>Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,
>My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
>To children ardent for some desperate glory,
>The old Lie; Dulce et Decorum est Pro patria mori.
>>
Which type?
>>
>>531506
>guys, don't do heroin, it's highly addictive and can kill you
>ok better not do heroin
>>hahaha look at this faggot, I bet you don't even WANT go get AIDS from sharing used needles!
>>
>>531702
"Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means."

>Ronal "Raygun" Reagan
>>
>>531940
You say that like the only way to shake up a nation is through war.

Look at Gandhi, MLK Jr, etc.
>>
>>532008
>look at Ghandi

Ghandi is an overhyped faggot who was indirectly reponsible for all the after independence religious violence though
>>
>>531940
Your country only exists because you were BTFO so hard at Lechfeld they were too scared to ever leave again
>>
>>531992
Is there nothing you'd suffer and die for?
>>
>>532014
And MLK intended to incite violence, he put his people in harm's way to prove his point.
>>
>>531238
Ok, if war is so fun and amazing and you don't fear battle or death, how many tours have you done so far? Where were you stationed?
Oh no, you're just a little whiny /pol/ack bitch trying to feel special because he has the same skin colour as someone who ran around with an axe and killed people over 1000 years ago. Stop fucking cumming over your skin pigment and actually do something with your life to be proud of
>>
>>532037
I did 2. One in Afghanistan and one in Mali. 2003 - 2004 and 2009.
>>
>>531899
That's because war fucks them up to the point of no longer being able to function in a society anymore. It's almost never "wew, that was nothing but tons of fun" but "shit, I'm fucked to the point where I can only properly function in an army"
>>
File: 1452112771257.jpg (35KB, 558x744px) Image search: [Google]
1452112771257.jpg
35KB, 558x744px

>>fucking liberal pussy coward

>some of us here come from proud warrior ancestry and do not fear battle or death

>>
>>532043
>war is good and fun
>shoot at a bunch of uneducated ayrabs with an ak once or twice and chill out in basecamp

report back when you overcome 3 months of dysentery in a muddy trench at -20°C
>>
>>531261
>/pol/ is about politics
>not le ebin juden nigger maymays
>>
>>532093
Try masturbating in a porta john at 130°F before the smell causes you to pass out or throw up.
>>
>>532101
MDMA helps tremendeously with that
>>
>>531205

I am a pacifist too!
>>
>>531238
>>531899
>veterans agree war is a very fun adventure
>good portion of veterans from missing the military and often, war
They don't miss it because its fun, you insufferable fuckstick. They miss it because the sense of purpose you have from being deployed during a major operation is like nothing else most people will ever get in their lives. To top it off, you're stuck somewhere with people that you will develop very personal relationships with.
There are very very few combat veterans that speak fondly of their combat experiences. Its always their buddies and what they were there to do that they speak fondly of. The ones that do speak fondly are these full-hooah airborne infantry adrenaline war-junkies like one sergeant I had who always talked about Warhammer 40k and shit.
>>
Burmese local here,

our country has been plagued by a civil war since our independence in '48. The other day, a 50-something veteran amputee knocked on my front door to beg for money because the state only gives him 40 dollars a month, which isn't even enough for rent in his squalid little room.

It was a very heartbreaking thing to see a man that's completely broken in body and in spirit. War IS a terrible thing, and you don't even need to experience it to know it.
>>
>>532139
sounds like a liberal pussy bitch, he should be wearing those wounds like a badge of honor.
>>
>>532163

Be nice, white boy. There are things nobody should ever go through.
>>
>he doesn't thirst for the glory and thrill of combat

lots of fucking cowards ITT.
>>
File: tumblr_njemw0WP731u7esf3o1_500.gif (940KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njemw0WP731u7esf3o1_500.gif
940KB, 500x281px
>>531205
>Who else /pacifist/ here?
That depends. Are you, and do you define a 'pacifist' as a physically and mentally weak spineless pussy who 'avoids conflict' and would never fight for anything or 'get involved', and believes the horseshit that 'violence never solves anything' etc.
If so, no.
If you define it as one who will fight to protect the things and people he cares for, might enjoy an honorable conflict/fight now and again, yet still despises the throwing away of innocent lives, needless war and violence, things like torture and genocide and harbors utter contempt those who would order others into conflicts while being too cowardly to practice what they preach/go out and fight or be useful themselves.
Then yes and I am.
>>
>>531205
Me. Makes making sense of history so much easier.

Also
>be me
>be strict deontological pacifist
>also be semi-professional fighter
>some neckbeard or dudebro starts talking about what kind of pussy rejects violence. They'd like to introduce them to reality.
>"You want to engage in a non-coercive fight, bro?"
>"N-no thank you, Mr. Pacifist."
>>
File: 1452112862122.jpg (128KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452112862122.jpg
128KB, 960x960px
>be me
>be strict deontological pacifist
>also be semi-professional fighter
>some neckbeard or dudebro starts talking about what kind of pussy rejects violence. They'd like to introduce them to reality.
>"N-no thank you, Mr. Pacifist
>>
File: untitled.png (216KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
216KB, 500x281px
>>531816
>You see, I had 2 friends who had the exact same reasoning as you do.And even though I spent A LOT of time hanging out with them, they got their asses handed to them constantly,
So they had guts just couldn't fight for shit?
>while I only got punched twice (and one of those occasions was pulling one of those friends out of a fight).
What was the other time? And I would wager that you got hit so little as in the example you cited, you might not have gotten involved in the actual fight and just dove in singularly to hold your friend back.
>It's only impossible to resolve issues with actual, schizophrenic loonies and those are rare as fuck.
No, it's not 'rare as fuck' and at the very least less rare as you claim. Even if it were one of those rare occasions, it has every bit of that chance to escalate in a life threatening situation. This world has many very bad people who will, or people who have no qualms about, making a decision where they will thrust you into a situation where violence is the most trustworthy option out. They will without hesitation try to jump, rob, kill, rape and do many more horrible things to you or those you love or both. Having a violent means of defending yourself (i.e. martial arts, weapons/guns) and knowing how to properly use it is not only smart but critical. Unike certain people would have you believe we are not, 'beyond the need for violence and conflict', in an era where it is no longer needed, neither are we, nor were our ancestors, barbarous savages for knowing and developing such means for self defense and defense of others. Anyone who thinks we have no need for these things demonstrates that they have not learned anything from history and are unprepared to deal with any violent eventualities. Nothing but easy prey for those who would take advantage of their weakness
>>
>>532381
>"N-no thank you, Mr. Pacifist."
Those people are hypocrites and cowards. You can enjoy 'violence' (I. e. such as martial arts) and hate needless conflict that brings uneccessary harm, such as harm to innocents
>>
Not a pacifist but I know very well that all ''warlike people'' here would avoid military service if a war happened hell they are fucking avoiding it right now. So much for them being brave warriors.
>>
>>532045
The US military suffers greater ptsd than other nations with the same volume of experiance. Part of the issue is the culture of the US millitarily itself as much as the act of going to war.
>>
File: 1423680663116.jpg (19KB, 345x194px) Image search: [Google]
1423680663116.jpg
19KB, 345x194px
The only reason pacifism is allowed is because you betas have the privilege of the State committing violence on your behalf.
>>
>>531205
I'm fine with pacifism as long as the pacifist wont call the cops when I rob them. Having to use a proxy for your violence doesent make you a pacifist.
>>
File: 1447777948122.jpg (55KB, 700x557px) Image search: [Google]
1447777948122.jpg
55KB, 700x557px
>tfw you object to any kind of murder because of Jebus
>tfw you can't stop idolising kings and generals because they made history

Especially with Charlie. No matter how many people died in his campaigns you always have to think it was his right as king to do so.
>>
>>532518
>"I don't know what political pacifism is."
>>
>>532080
>some of us here come from proud warrior ancestry and do not fear battle or death
I would agree with him that warrior honor, ancestoral role models, fighting spirit, and bravery are all admirable and virtuous traits to have.
>fucking liberal pussy coward
I'd also agree that many liberals(the cowardly type)to which he is referring would avoid even meaningful conflict and fighting that could stop bad individuals and save people.
I would direct this to anon's post here
>>532114 along with the addendum that while fight and wars can be fought honorably, there are many things such as torture and genocide that are ugly and evil and that no one should ever have to see or know
>>
>>532101
>having time to masturbate
Proof that you weren't doing anything important to begin with you stupid fuck
>>
>>532530
>"Or Deontological Pacifism!"
>>
>>532101
CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.
>>
>>531205
Why is its always when i hear or seen some old philosophical phase i see it mentioned next day?
>>
File: tumblr_nc44k65ciW1tyqx4qo1_500.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nc44k65ciW1tyqx4qo1_500.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>531557
You always join the French Foreign legion or just do something equally great with exceptional fortitude in your own life
>>
>>531205
>>531205
Being a total pacifist is immoral.
>>
File: 1452192258854.jpg (34KB, 594x425px) Image search: [Google]
1452192258854.jpg
34KB, 594x425px
>>Who else /pacifist/ here?
>That depends. Are you, and do you define a 'pacifist' as a physically and mentally weak spineless pussy who 'avoids conflict' and would never fight for anything or 'get involved', and believes the horseshit that 'violence never solves anything' etc.
>If so, no.
>If you define it as one who will fight to protect the things and people he cares for, might enjoy an honorable conflict/fight now and again, yet still despises the throwing away of innocent lives, needless war and violence, things like torture and genocide and harbors utter contempt those who would order others into conflicts while being too cowardly to practice what they preach/go out and fight or be useful themselves.
>Then yes and I am.
>>
>>532664
>might enjoy an honorable conflict/fight
Then by definition and common sense you are not pacifist
>>
>>531238
Most veterans agree that the camaraderie of the army and sense of purpose are good. They don't typically get all cheery when thinking about their friends dying.
>>
File: 317.gif (492KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
317.gif
492KB, 500x281px
>>531464
>Lo there do I see my father.
>Lo there do I see my mothers and my sisters and my brothers.
>Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning.
>Lo they do call to me.
>They bid me take my place among them.
>In the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may >live forever.
. Buliwyf, The 13th Warrior
Other than the Ad Homenims i'd agree ancestral honor and emulation are good
>>
>>531205
yes, funny, how everybody in my family was ok with letting me join the military, except for my grandpa, who experienced wwII
>>
>>531428
>The blood of crusading knights, legionaries, spartans, and vikings run in my veins
Yet you'd piss yourself if a sub-saharan african pulled a knife on you.

Please stop it with this "muh ancestors" bullshit. Your ancestors were probably fucking farmers. You are just an autistic wannabe on a burmese erotica forum.
>>
>>531874
>humans
Men* fixes that for you

>>531205
>>tfw war is sweet to those who have never experienced it

There are people who join the military to experience it and enjoy it. Anyone who says war is bad is probably a third worlder whose country got the shit bombed out of them by superior nations(LOL)
>>
>>531261
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>532664
Is the only thing your going to do in this thread post fedora memes or are you also going to add a valid criticism/something of value?
>>
File: giphy.gif (811KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
811KB, 500x281px
>>532695
>Men* fixes that for you
SJW's gtfo
>>
>>532695
Tipping my fedora to you, M'lady.

http://krautchan.net/files/1452353716002.webm
>>
>>531261
Well he is stating that his philosophical position on this question is "pacisfism is justified" and is implicitly asking for other parties to share their
>opinions
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.