[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 330
Thread images: 48

File: ;_;.jpg (66KB, 759x551px) Image search: [Google]
;_;.jpg
66KB, 759x551px
old: >>60876044
>>
Is this the stupid questions thread?
>>
People I don't know are calling me and telling me they've recieved calls from my number.
I've never called them before.
How is this happening? Am I insane?
>>
>>60887503
That's a stupid question.
>>
>>60887496
is there a painless way to setup a proxy on linux mint using ovpn config files without entering form information?
>>
>>60887527
check your numbers history at your provider
then check for Carbon Monoxide leaks
>>
File: 2.png (1MB, 1028x606px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
1MB, 1028x606px
I need to buy a new card and GTX 1070s dont seem to have any great deals at the moment. DO I spend $370 on a GTX 1070 or splurge on a 1080?

My monitor is only 75 HZ 1440p though so I am thinking the 1070 at the moment and the only FPSes I play are Overwatch and CSGO but might get Battlefront 2 if it isn't garbage.
>>
File: 61470420_p0_1_.png (890KB, 1000x1328px) Image search: [Google]
61470420_p0_1_.png
890KB, 1000x1328px
where can I pay people to make AutoIt scripts for me
>>
>>60887726
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhire/
>>
>>60887527
Did you recently switch providers?

When I switched, they gave me two numbers I could be called at. My transferred number, and a "new" number that was used by some guy who racked up a loooot of debt.

I eventually switched to Fi
>>
>>60887726
Hi there. I like making autoit scripts as a hobby.

Could you post what you're looking for? I certainly won't be able to make test environments over 4chan posts, but I might be able to point you in the right direction.
>>
>>60887752
I'll look thanks
>>60887799
It's simple I think but I don't know how to do it, or if AutoIt is even the best way to do it
I need a small program that upon a keybind will cycle through the number row (starting at 2) after each press, then presses q and then back to the number 1
As in: f -> 2q1, f -> 3q1
Do you have a way of contact? For payment because ideally I don't want AutoIt installed in the first place
>>
File: EEPROM the non-volatile spider.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
EEPROM the non-volatile spider.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
what is the cheapest/oldest intel laptop cpu that can drive a 4K@60 monitor?
>>
how do I make shadows in css like pic related?
>>
>>60888122
>>
>>60887939
Intel 8008
>>
>>60888122
>>60888162
google:
>how do I make shadows in css
>>
>>60888191
lol so funny
>>
>>60887939
Intel HD 4000 graphics... Which means something Ivy Bridge. My X230 with a 3320M does 4k just fine!
>>
>>60888042
Sort of! Except after the number key, it should always be q1
Also the more I think about the tool the more I realize it needs a little more than I think AutoIt provides (program disguised, small footprint, extremely hard to find for other people).
I just don't know
>>
File: ShitCRTIssue.webm (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
ShitCRTIssue.webm
3MB, 1080x1920px
Can anybody help with this? I'm trying to understand what's wrong with this monitor and I can't get it. The CRT works fine, good colors, good contrast and brightness, but after, I don't know, 30 minutes or so, the picture kinda flickers or so, I can't even explain it with my own language, the recording doesn't do justice to the actual problem, so exagerate the effect. I'm thinking it has something to do with overheating since this monitor hasn't been opened since maybe 7 years and it's probably filled with dust inside, I'll try to take pictures from inside later somehow. Anyways, any ideas about what's probably happening?
>>
>>60888212
I know how to make shadows, just not like pic related. Don't be a dick in /sqt/
>>
>>60887857
I just saw your reply, sorry about the delay. Also, this is a simple task, so read the source code and do your best to learn from it.

So every time you press the letter F, it outputs
"number q 1" to the current window right?

Example:
Press f: Send input 2q1
Press f: Send input 3q1

If so, It's done.
http://digital-haze.org/anonkeypress/main.cpp
and executable if you trust me is in the same folder. so
http://digital-haze.org/anonkeypress/
>>
>>60888300
oh I set it to use F9 because pressing F felt weird
>>
>>60888247
Careful with popping it open. Those capacitors can zap the shit out of you if you short them.

My guess though is a heat issue. Most likely an issue with the power delivery system that causes it to drop power after it heats up too much, which would cause ray beam to stutter, leaving you with the flickering that you are seeing.
>>
File: 1491688250507.png (453KB, 498x717px) Image search: [Google]
1491688250507.png
453KB, 498x717px
I have an external DAC/Amp in which is controlled by alsa. I use the alsamixer volume control to set it at 100 (0dB), but sometimes when I disconnect, it lowers itself to about 72, how can I make sure that the volume stays at 100 every time i connect it and use it?

I've already tried
sudo alsactl store
but it doesnt seem to work. I'm on the latest xubuntu version in a thinkpad w520 if that helps
>>
>>60888374
If alsactl store is not doing it, try setting everything through pulseaudio and pavucontrol. It tends to remember things better anyways.
>>
>>60888247
If I were to take a guess, and it's only a guess:

Given that looks like a crt, possibly the capacitors that charge the electron gun are now kinda marginal, and are not quite able to recharge themselves/hold enough charge to fully illuminate the entire screen every refresh cycle.

The walking dark band that we can see is clearer in the video because the video recorded is relatively low fps.

Try dropping the refresh rate, it might give the caps more time to charge. But ultimately that monitor is on the way out, bad luck.
>>
File: 1489010650727.jpg (388KB, 766x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489010650727.jpg
388KB, 766x1024px
>>60888397
Damn, I was hoping I wouldn't have to use pulseaudio. I like to use mpv and ncmpcpp through alsa, and everything else through pulseaudio.
Thanks anyways lad
>>
How do I make mpv save screenshots with a specific file naming scheme (specifically the default format that MPC-HC saves them in)?
>>
File: 1497224348721.jpg (270KB, 945x1303px) Image search: [Google]
1497224348721.jpg
270KB, 945x1303px
I want to return to programming. I only ever used the IDE Codeblocks and Eclipse as per my school's instruction without customizing either one.

I didn't find them especially comfortable and have certain things I dislike about each. Eclipse in particular it bothered me so fucking much that if you didn't observe the proper directory 'tree' saving something it would't work. Like I couldn't just save a random scrap of java code on my desktop and compile it, Eclipse would throw a fit.

What program do people suggest I write my code in? Are these IDE's still acceptable?
>>
File: gekfo.jpg (63KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
gekfo.jpg
63KB, 500x445px
Am I stupid for wanting to replace the loud 4000rpm fan in pic related (cooler for 125w phenom processor) with a 2000rpm case fan? It currently sounds like a jet engine, my mobo doesn't have fan speed settings and I use debian. Would my processor overheat, it's slightly undervolted.
>>
>>60888247
Don't open that shit. Between the lead, the radiation, the compressed gas and the supercharged capacitors, the inside of a CRT is about as dangerous as anything in computers gets.
>>
>>60888592
My thinking about IDEs seems to contrast what everyone else thinks. Honestly all IDEs tend to have their own problems, so I pick one that incorporates as many languages [that I use] as possible. I shamefully use netbeans because I find myself using C/C++, php and java. I would want to deal with one IDE rather than a separate one for each language, cuts down on the uncomfortable switching between languages.
>>
I'm trying to find a job as a fresh out of school programmer.

What parts should I send my potential employer when they ask for "excerpts from my source code"?

I don't wanna look like an amateur by sending them my entire school project.

What do they want to see, in example, in C++ source code?
>>
>>60888226
I have an x230 and it can only do 4K@30
>>
>>60888601
your mobo very likely has the speed settings for the cpu pwm fan.

its just might be bit difficult to setup
check speedfan and some guides how to enable control, or how to let it start as admin on every boot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OkBRELqEgM
>>
Im using EzPE3 to make a custom Win Pe build, anyone knows where does it output the ISO file to?
>>
File: 20170613_165638.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170613_165638.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>60888370
So I need to drain the voltage out then? Pic related is how dirty is inside, it's the best picture I can get from outside with my POS smartphone camera. Cleaning would help anyways, right?
>>60888429
It unironically happens backwards, I've seen it happen more when it's on 60hz than 85hz or even 120hz at low resolution (and yes, it is an CRT, a 14 years old one). What I think you could answer is: if I leave it as it is, is there really any possible danger to myself? I mean, would the monitor explode on my face or it would only never turn on again? I can always get another cheap and probably better used CRT, but if I don't have to, it would be better.
>>60888626
I won't open it myself probably, I'll look around if there's a technician with experience with CRTs, but I need to know what's happening to it so he can understand what to do.
>>
>>60888650
you send link to your github
they look around in it
they dont want snippets of code on your cv or some shit
>>
File: 1496114774754.gif (1MB, 348x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496114774754.gif
1MB, 348x300px
I have a project where I need to take a command from the internet (think, someone pushes a button on a specific Web page), then use webhooks to get a raspberry pi zero-w to activate a gpio pin. So I downloaded the Prota Pi OS thinking that would make it easy. Turns out I can't even get the prota OS to work on the pi zero. I burned the image to the SD card, plugged it all together, and I don't even get an indication that the R Pi is working. Ie, no video on hdmi, no AP showing up on wifi, no nothing. I tried plugging a couple of different wifi dongles in, just in case the built in wifi wasn't working for some reason, but I just can't seem to get anything to happen. Is my pi busted out of the box? Am I just an idiot missing an obvious but critical step?

Does anyone have experience using prota OS on a raspberry pi zero? Any suggestions on how to access a webhook with a different OS and get it to activate gpios? Sorry for my ignorance, but we all need to start somewhere.
>>
>>60888729
>So I need to drain the voltage out then?
You can't. They're not designed to work that way. A capacitor can hold its charge indefinitely. CRTs aren't meant to have internal issues repaired.
>>
How would I go about increasing the size of the custom board list through CSS?
<span class="customBoardList">[<a href="//boards.4chan.org/lit/">lit</a> / <a href="//boards.4chan.org/a/">a</a> / <a href="//boards.4chan.org/co/">co</a> / <a href="//boards.4chan.org/g/">g</a> / <a href="//boards.4chan.org/vp/">vp</a> / <a href="//boards.4chan.org/r9k/">r9k</a> / <a href="//boards.4chan.org/his/">his</a> / <a href="//boards.4chan.org/tv/">tv</a> / <a href="//boards.4chan.org/wsg/">wsg</a>] [<a title="Show all" class="show-all-boards pointer">…</a>] </span>

Is what I want to make bigger
>>
>>60888713
>debian
>speedfan
Yeah not gonna work. This is why I was wondering about changing the hardware.
>>
>>60888764
So it's fucked then? Do I let it just die?
>>60888429
Now that I'm reading this better, you do realize the problem is the less-than-a-second flicker on the video and not the dark band that's common when recording a CRT with a smartphone camera, right? I'm probably misreading you though
>>
>>60887496
I'm having a problem with my thinkpad x60. The latch no longer works quite right. It used to be that the lid wouldn't come up when locked down. Now it comes up about an inch this doesn't effect the actual computer but its not fun. Should I attempt to fix it myself with some canabalized parts from a broken t60 or just take it to someone else? Also it has a bunch of autistic stickers on so how can I take those off without damaging the rubberlike surface of the lid?
>>
>>60888874
>Do I let it just die?
If you can't find an external solution.
>>
Has anyone ever had any problems with Windows 10 and 7 installed at the same time? My friend has 10 installed on an SSD and 7 installed on his HDD, and it's giving him all sorts of errors.
>>
File: index.jpg (10KB, 248x203px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10KB, 248x203px
I have some spare time and spare pc parts laying around and im thinking of making a *coin miner

Everything will be made from used parts i have laying around, but the real question is whether its even worth it

Im planning on using a 2gb Radeon 6970, which isnt spectacular, but it should give me at least some value

From some quick calculations i see that the system would consume about 450w at 100% usage

a 6970 could mine 9~11mh from what i see online

I live in a all-in rent place, so i dont have to pay electricity seperatly , but even then, is it worth it?

>tl;dr
Would mining on a 6970 for fun be worth it?
If i can buy a pizza every week im happy, or just hold on to the *coin to see when i could cash it
>>
Would an RX 550 be a worthwhile upgrade over an R7 265?
>>
Is there a specific substance for the other basic tastes that represents the maximum value of that taste, kind of like how nothing can taste saltier than pure salt? Is there a substance that represents 100% sweetness that nothing can taste sweeter than, or 100% sourness, bitterness, etc? Or does it not work that way?
>>
File: css.png (124KB, 1349x675px) Image search: [Google]
css.png
124KB, 1349x675px
>>60888801
Increase or decrease the size to your liking.
>>
>>60888733
I don't use Github. We were advised against using it for anything in our university.
>>
What did he mean by this?
>>60888841
>Never be afraid to ask /g/, anons will always help you and others will shit on you. That's fine, just try to take that vital piece of information with 0 ego.
>>
>>60888949
Could you answer me then what I've asked before
>is there really any possible danger to myself? I mean, would the monitor explode on my face or it would only never turn on again? I can always get another cheap and probably better used CRT, but if I don't have to, it would be better.
>>60889086
It would actually be worse, look for a RX 560 or something more powerful
>>
>>60889190
Yeah I meant 560
>>
>>60889216
Ok, keep in mind though that a RX 560 is like 12% more powerful, if you have the money, go for something higher (e.g. an 1050Ti which gives you 30% more performance)
>>
File: Screenshot_20170613-180254.png (119KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170613-180254.png
119KB, 1080x1920px
>keep getting severe weather warnings on my phone
>fucking four for the same thing in the last couple hours
How do I disable these? Phone is a Galaxy S7. Everything I find online says to go to the Samsung messaging app and pick settings, but there's nothing under there at all.
>>
>>60889402
did you try looking in your weather app's setting
>>
If I just want something cheap that can browse the internet should I get a netbook or a tablet
>>
>>60889440
>tfw too tired to think to open the accuweather widget that came with my phone
There was a weather notification option that I unchecked but nothing about severe weather alerts. Hopefully that fixed it.
>>
I got the parts for my new PC in but I'm still waiting on the case. How risky is it to just use it without a case in the meantime?
>>
>>60889480
If you're in the USA, severe weather alerts can also be coming straight from the NWS.
Look here:
www.nws.noaa.gov/com/weatherreadynation/wea.html
>>
>>60889479
get a thinkpad x60 and put puppy linux on the internal hard drive.
>>
>>60889492
Are you going to spill something on it?
Do you have pets who might climb on it?
If no, then go for it. You'll need to find out how to jump the power switch on mobo.
>>
Friend of mine is having her gf come to visit from argentina. The gf wants to buy a smart phone here, because its expensive as fuck there for no reason. As long as she gets an unlocked one without a sim, would she be fine when she goes back to argentina and tries to get it set up there? Is the cwdm/gsm a US only thing or is that worldwide?
I know theres international versions of phones that you can buy and use in the US, but ive never seen anything about US versions being used outside of the us
>>
Anoyone has the image with the pedophile quotes?
Where the girl were undercover police?
>>
My Firefox worked great for a while and now it's a piece of shit. I uninstalled it then reinstalled it and still being a piece of shit. I only have the hoxx vpn, uBlock, and duplicate tab addons. Is it just a Windows 10 thing?
>>
File: 1070mini.jpg (9KB, 270x186px) Image search: [Google]
1070mini.jpg
9KB, 270x186px
So my display crashed while playing a game the other night. I re-did the connections, even re-seated it in the slot, nothing. Today, I got a friend 750 Ti and plug it and I got display again right away, everything working normal.

GPU is definitely ded right? Gonna start RMA tonight.
>>
>>60889664
Never buy Mini version of cards, they usually skip VRM cooling which is important.

See EVGA exploding VRMs.
>>
>>60889684
I've had zero issues with heat. It was at around 50C when it died. I was playing Warcraft III. The 1070 runs pretty cool, I haven't seen it go over 73C under stress testing.

It's ded tho right? Swapping out GPU would confirm it?
>>
>>60889713
>Try Card, no image
>Try another card, works
Yes, Zotac has really good warranty so dont worry.

If you get image while you are using BIOS it means it still works, otherwise if you dont get image at all its FUBAR.
>>
I'm looking for a small UPS for a Raspberry, can't find a powerbank doing it.
>>
Running W10 LTSB and recently updated. Now I can't type via the start menu to search for shit.

Any help on this?
>>
>>60889739
I got no display. Monitor would sense something was hooked up, but it wouldn't display anything, not even BIOS. Hooked up the other card and got full display.

Have you RMA'd anything from Zotac before? I hear it can take 30 days. I have to send it back from Canada.
>>
Why does qutebrowser keep crashing on 4chan and when is it going to be updated to the new webkit.
>>
>>60888496
Wait - what's wrong with pulse?
>>
How much wam is enough for a detoated server?
>>
>>60889765
Took them 4 days to send a new card since they received it, in total i had to wait 8 days since i sent it, and im from Mexico.

I hope you have a IGPU.
>>
>>60889764
Did you disable the search, cortana, superfetch, or anything like that? Forget how it works, but all that shits linked in win 10. I disabled one of those and lost my whole start menu. Undoing it fixed my issue
>>
>>60889793
Holy fuck I would be in love with Zotac if I got a replacement in 8 days. Nope, Ryzen life is suffering. I have a laptop I use as a Netflix machine for now.
>>
>>60889176
Why?
>>
File: emlmirybs02z.jpg (85KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
emlmirybs02z.jpg
85KB, 640x800px
>>60889141
t-t-t-tanks senpai

I really don't know diddly about html.
>>
>>60889813
Atleast is not a ASUS card, there you would be fucked in a loop with customer support getting them to accept your RMA request they denied because whatever problem the card had was your fault.
>>
>>60889807
I've still got the search indexer service running and the databases are built. I'm trying out different stuff but it seems like the search function in the start menu AND taskbar are just completely unresponsive. Tried to sfc /scannow and it didn't detect any anomalies. Also tried to reinstall dependencies through powershell but to no avail... I'll keep trying. Thanks for your response.
>>
>>60889141
>>60888801
I don't suppose there'd be some way to center it or indent it further from the left?
>>
>>60889657
Can somebody help me please?
>>
>>60889885
What do you mean by a piece of shit?
>>
>>60889912
Really slow.
>>
>>60889885
I want to call you an idiot but I don't know how to word it, but please provide more information other than "it's a piece of shit", what, do you just not like Firefox?
>>
>>60889839
Well, I went with Zotac not only because the price was right, but also I heard good things about their customer service. I didn't expect to have to use it so soon, but here's to hoping it works out. Thanks for the information.
>>
>>60889924
It's acting really slow
>>
Got a Surface Pro 3 as a gift. Just wondering what the best program to view manga/ comics on it is.
>>
>>60889978
Honeyview.
>>
File: Screenshot (191).png (455KB, 1425x802px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (191).png
455KB, 1425x802px
>>60889912
>>60889924
>>
>>60889094
Correction, nothing can taste saltier than annon.
>>
Best SSH Client for android?
>>
How can I save 4chan threads to my computer (like CTRL+S) but with the script intact so I can click reply numbers to make the reply appear within posts, etc
>>
I'm putting together a PC.
When I tried turning it on without the hard drive it started normally and went into the bios menu.
Then I turned it off and plugged in an SSD. As soon as I turned it on, the SSD started crackling and smoke started billowing out. Like what the fuck. I immediately turned it off. Part of the label on the SSD has been burned off.
I'm perplexed. Was it the SSD that was defective? Or maybe my power supply?
The power supply is brand new, but the SSD is used.
>>
File: 1161px-Lugduname.svg.png (28KB, 1161x602px) Image search: [Google]
1161px-Lugduname.svg.png
28KB, 1161x602px
>>60889094
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetness
>>
>>60890148
Probably SSD.
That is not normal at all.

Dont use the strip of SATA power cables you connected to the SSD, try with the HDD.
>>
>>60890148
Sounds very much like the SSD.
>>
>>60889870
To center:
.customBoardList { text-align: center; width: 100%; display: block }

To indent:
.customBoardList { margin-left: 50px }
>>
>>60890167
>>60890172
I think so too. And I hope we're right because it was cheap. The power supply was expensive.
>>
i think my ssd on my x220 kicked the bucket , whats the best way to try to format it // fill it with 0's or some shit. I tried using gparted , right now im tryping this on ubuntu booted from a usb
>>
File: Gray1018.png (28KB, 300x308px) Image search: [Google]
Gray1018.png
28KB, 300x308px
>>60890154
Is this really how taste buds look up close? The idea makes me vaguely uncomfortable
>>
>>60890217
What SSD, PNY, Kingston?
And what PSU?
>>
is there some kind of volume control program similar to sound blaster for windows 10? my volume levels are low then fucking high and then crazy bass. i can barely make out voices, but music is so loud and drowning.
>>
>>60890253
What the hell, Im gonna gut my tongue out now
>>
>>60890234
You could always microwave it and then smash it into a few hundred pieces
>>
>>60890270
seems the best option atm. It fails everytime i try to install ubuntu , saying it cant create an ext4 partition, i cant even delete the partition without it failing
>>
>>60890263
This is the SSD:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167026
Power Supply:
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139039
>>
File: 1496744434935.jpg (643KB, 1024x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1496744434935.jpg
643KB, 1024x1020px
>>60890183
I am grateful.
>>
>>60890234
>1200w PSU
Why? what are you running, Tri-way SLI?
Corsair doesn't make the best PSUs.
Also that is a really old SSD.
>>
>>60890253
a rabbit's
>>
Is an Arduino worth it?
>>
File: 8920_4.jpg (48KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
8920_4.jpg
48KB, 728x409px
Would it be possible to load multiple 2D images into some kind of 3D program that uses them to get an accurate 3D model, to be used in blender, SFM, Maya, whathaveyou?
>>
>>60890337
Depends, what are you doing?

Arduino is more /diy/ material than /g/ material.
>>
>>60890308
Crypto currency mining
>>
File: 20170613_173841.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170613_173841.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
what kinda shitty ssd is this? came with an x220 i bought off ebay
>>
I got the phanteks p400 case and set up the LED strip. Everything was working fine this morning, the LED button changed the color of the strip and everything. But just an hour ago the LED button started turning off my computer instead of changing colors. wtf happened, send help pls
>>
>>60890356
One of the early enterprise MLC Samsung SSDs, it was the 2nd gen SSDs.
Huge failure rate among them.

You can find them for $20 for a reason.
>>
>>60890377
>>60890356
Those are horrible in comparison to todays SSDs, they were rated for 10k IOPS and 80MB/s read and write.
Also the controller shits the bed often, which i assume happened to yours too.

Buy an ADATA SU800 or a 850 EVO.
>>
>>60890377
cheers. luckily i was able to get my data off it before it got completely fucked. Have a better ssd comin in the mail right now
>>
I don't believe this. I restart Windows due to an update and next thing I know, Firefox doesn't remember my layout and add-on settings. Including my NoScript settings. Very irritating. Closing and opening Firefox didn't fix it and I know I didn't set it to revert everything to blank.

I doubt I can make it back to how it was before but at the very least, what made Firefox want to wipe my custom settings without my saying so?
>>
I pulled off my heatsink to reseat it because the screws weren't seating properly, when it dripped fucking thermal compound onto some small circuity on the motherboard. What do?
>>
>>60890422
Clean it with isopropyl alcohol.
Or pray it isnt conductive.
>>
What's the best source for pirated ebooks?
>>
>>60890524
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/
http://libgen.io/
Book4You dot org

there's plenty
>>
>>60889790
Everything
>>
>>60890434
I guess it's going to be a bit of both because that crap got into some very tiny crevices.
>>
>>60890555
Thanks, and checked
>>
>>60890253
Literally everything looks super fucked up, up close. Microscopes were a mistake.
>>
Why is overclocking even a thing?

Why can't manufacturers give me the chip performance I actually paid for /g/?
>>
>>60890684
Because product lifetime and reliability is a thing too.
Also all CPUs are different, this is what we call the silicon lottery.

This is why XFR and Turboboost is a thing, so your CPU can "overclock" on its own based in temperatures while in a considerable range where it wont fail or go up to 102°C and hit thermal shutdown.

There are motherboard limitations such as VRM and MOSFET configurations and their heatsinks, voltage controllers and etc.
Most motherboards can OC a CPU on its own but wont be a perfect OC.
CPU sellers doesnt know if you will use a simple motherboard or a motherboard designed to overclock.

But most and main reason, jewish tactics.
>>
>>60890684
They do. Overclocking is your choice. The don't hide the default specs from you.
>>
>>60887496
can i install drivers onto my usb that already has windows 10 installer?
>>
>>60890814
Maybe. I had Windows 7 bootable/installable from a USB and I also copied my drivers into another folder on it and I could boot to the USB, format/install and then install the drivers off of it. If you can make it bootable and then also open it up and copy files to it, you can most likely just put your drivers in a folder in it and it should work the same.
>>
>>60890853
Do i put the installation files in one folder, and drivers in another, or just leave the installation media alone and make a folder for drivers
>>
>>60890914
Don't touch the existing files for installing, the BIOS or w/e most likely relies on those being in a specific location like the root folder. If you just create a folder in the root folder and put the drivers in there you should be good.
>>
>>60890814
"install"? depends.

Just copy what you need to a separated folder and use it once windows is fully installed.
>>
Would torrenting through an anonymous proxy be a good alternative to a vpn?
I just don't want my isp sending me notices.
>>
Is an LG oled 4k tv good enough for 4k gaming? What are the ones that are considered true 4k? I thought any tv that said 4k was just that but that doesn't seem to be the case.
>>
how can I make it so chrome remembers to use tomorrow for 4chan?

>inb4 use some script

no thanks i tried 4chanx along with other addons and they always break with chrome

>inb4 chrome
>>
Does Windows 10 ltsb fuck up with grub during installation?
Will/Should I format my dualboot hdd before installing it?
>>
File: 54326.png (175KB, 1021x611px) Image search: [Google]
54326.png
175KB, 1021x611px
Anyone here use(d) voicemeeter?

I can't hear anything and I can't get the audio levels to rise to any music I play on my computer. The user manual doesn't say anything, just to select what I have.
>>
http://free.appnee.com/v0-9-2-amt-emulator-adobe-all-products-universal-crack-patcher/

When I try clicking "download", I get a deceptive site warning in Chrome. Should I continue anyway?
>>
>>60891238
>Does Windows 10 ltsb fuck up with grub during installation?
All windows do as far as im aware.
>2nd question
No if you have a 2nd partition ready.
>>
>>60891254
So I can just install ltsb on the old windows partition and fix grub without having to do anything with the linux partition?
>>
>>60891290
Yes.
>>
Thinking about purchasing a HD 6450 or other small GPU so that I could connect more monitors to my PC.

Would there be issue extending displays and dragging windows from monitors connected to second (AMD) GPU?
My main GPU is a GTX 970.
>>
looking around at settings on my router i found that the "mode" is set to 54 Mbps but there's a 300 Mbps option
would changing it make my shit faster?
>>
>>60891347
Get a cheap GT card for the sake of compatibility.

>>60891357
Do you have more than 54Mbps? If yes, yes, if no, no.
I assume you are talking about TKIP and AES.
>>
Lately my file explorer, the search bar/cortana thing, and the Windows 10 photos app haven't been functioning. I'm not sure if I have a virus or anything, or if the registry is fucked, but I've been thinking of doing a clean install of Windows.

Could this take care of it, and if so, what is the best protocol to back things up and seamlessly put them back onto the machine? (obviously using an external HDD)
>>
>>60891375
>I assume you are talking about TKIP and AES.
The hell does his encryption scheme have to do with it?
>>
>>60891386
freefilesync
>>
>>60891395
TKIP limits your internet speed to 54Mbps tops.
>>
>>60891375
>Get a cheap GT card for the sake of compatibility.
Thanks, I was considering that but not sure which. Looking for something very cheap (Since all it has to do is add more monitors).

Lets say I got something like the GT 710. Would it work right away or would I have to mess around?

What worries me is that I wont be able to drag shit through displays.
>>
>>60891416
You will be able to drag shit around.

Remember you wont be able to do intensive stuff on the monitors connected to the GT card.
>>
Is there a way to make my pc forget all USB devices? Everything I plug in it thinks is an iPhone. Would I be able to just plug everything back in after this and have them work?
>>
>>60891432
Indeed. The most intensive thing the GT card will have to do is YouTube, and I am sure it can do that without issue.
>>
>>60891461
Yeah it can do it easy.

There is the GT 1030 but is $20 more expensive if you wanna do something else, and that point might aswell get a low end GTX card for $100 for the sake of having 3 -4 ports.
>>
>>60891488
Honestly all I need is one extra port (I have three extra monitors, and only two ports available on my 970). But I might as well put all three or at least two on that second GPU to make the load on my 970 less.
All I need is something simple, not trying to spend a bunch.
>>
Recommend me good free, online resources, that are not books, to learn C as a complete beginner to programming. I am using programiz, but would like to know if you know of similar others. Code academy apparently doesn't teach C.
>>
>>60891510
>to make the load on my 970 less
It really doesn't matter these days. A secondary monitor doing something simple has practically no impact on the overall performance of the GPU.
>>
>>60891168
Uses a cookie to remember it.
Don't open in private browsing mode/turn cookies back on/etc
>>
If I update the bios on my mobo, do I need to download all the updates in order or just the most recent?
>>
I want to learn how to program a program that will compile all of my statistics i have in excel that contain how much work i grinded and stats ive collectd in my life.

How do I go about doing this?

I dont know a thing about programming ._.
>>
>>60891913
Most recent.
Avoid doing it at all tho, there is a huge chance of fucking up.

Why do you wanna update your BIOS? it wont give you better perfomance at all in anything.
>>
>>60891556
Why not books? That ANSI C book is C is only like ~300 fairly brief pages and halfway through it you'll be mostly set if you're familiar with other languages
>>
anyone remember the cuckio meme?
>>
File: DCDzZi-XYAAiUDH.jpg (51KB, 598x682px) Image search: [Google]
DCDzZi-XYAAiUDH.jpg
51KB, 598x682px
The new version of Skype doesn't show up in volume mixer or task manager.

I feel like I'm in the fucking Twilight Zone. Is Microsoft Apple now? This is nuts. I literally can't close Skype or uninstall it.
>>
>>60892000
oh give it a couple of years and they might get sued again
>>
How do improve the performance of my PC/ Know my PC is working at its best?

I already deleted system32 and downloaded three terabytes of ram.
>>
File: Capture.png (20KB, 449x145px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
20KB, 449x145px
>>60892007
what the FUCK is going on!?
>>
>>60892000
Removed to make it more app like.
>>
>>60892085

this is the worst timeline
>>
File: 1347895769128 (2).png (44KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1347895769128 (2).png
44KB, 350x350px
>>60892085
What if you're in a call and the other person's mic is too loud? Like....literally wtf do you even do? This is so fucking bizarre.
>>
Stupidest question of all coming through:
If I'm downloading a file from a website (specifically a huge .rar file), do I need to keep the site open while it's downloading, or will it keep downloading even when I close the site?

Also if anyone knows how to download Android 5.1.1 for free that'd be great, since the site I'm using is making me do a "slow download" if I don't want to bay $8.
>>
Most of the boards I have been on have projects or collaborative creations, apart from a wiki. Even [s4s] has made a CSS theme, some musical albums and a radio site with some pretty good content. But what projects has /g/, as a group, created?

Has /g/ actually made software?

(I would have started a thread for this but 4chan won't let me start threads for some reason)
>>
Getting 80/40 century Link fiber to the node dsl tomorrow. Not sure if it's bonded. What's the hot shit dsl modem right now?
>>
>>60892110
They had to add UWP apps to it somehow.
Open sound, playback, select speakers, right click, properties, advanced tab, uncheck allow apps to take exclusive control of this device".
Restart.
>>
>>60891960
I just did a Ryzen build, I was under the impression that a bios update helped improve ram speed.
>>
What must I do to develop a game and retain 100% of the rights to it? Stuff like gamemaker obviously doesn't work.
>>
>>60892167
We run Pantsu.nyaa.cat.
Pomf clones.
Install gentoo Wiki and FTP.
Generals in general.
A OS.
Every time there is something wrong with the site we look into it (Recent example tracking malware ads related to ekansovi (https://gist.github.com/anonymous/2817663df6d7eb8103d6c9936005fd88 and https://gist.github.com/anonymous/b9b1a4699bfc1039bd067fca78d7a6a5 THAT STILL ARE NOT FIXED BECAUSE HIROYUKI IS TOO BUSY STREAMING MOBILE GAMES).
And more.

Our "services" are usually not needed.
>>
>>60892167
Also Clover which is considered a mistake because the nature of mobileposters.
>>
>>60892228
>>60892240
That's some cool stuff. Cheers Anon.
>>
>>60892053
>M$ can now remove programs at will from your computer
We're one step closer to having corporate overlords. Remember, conservatards/libertardians/alt-rightists: this is the future you chose.

captcha: royal circula
>>
>>60891857
I may keep a stream, video, or camera feed open. But nothing major.
>>
>>60892270
That is nothing, no really, unless you are playing a 2K+ video at 60FPS its nothing for a low end dedicated card.
>>
Windows... uh... semi-reinstalled itself? I restarted my computer, was greeted with a "Windows is updating" message, and then this. Default wallpaper, default taskbar size, custom theme gone, all apps settings removed (lFirefox lost all plugins, history, etc, Sublime Text loaded as if this were the first time)... my files are all still here, and all programs still installed. Just... WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>60892289
Open event viewer.
>>
Is it okay if I don't install updates for Windows 7 SP1? Like, will it affect any games I play?
>>
>>60892279
Exactly. So no biggie. First though I am gonna check to see if I can use the ports available on my motherboard.
Any idea how to extended the monitor and mess with all of those settings if one of the monitors is using the iGPU?
>>
>>60892312
click what now
i fully expect this to be irrecoverable, but i just want to know what triggered this
>>
I've just set up a new desktop PC at my folks' house, but no internet. There's already another one with a working internet connection and a modem-router. The thing is, there's no way in hell I can connect the second PC to the first one's modem with an ethernet cable and also I can't move the PC closer to the modem. I have a spare router, is there any way to use it to get the wifi signal from the other one or something? (Obviously I have absolutely no idea how a router works or what are its limitations)
>>
File: 1496209782881.png (376KB, 1024x676px) Image search: [Google]
1496209782881.png
376KB, 1024x676px
What antivirus should I use?

Been using bitdefender and it's started to go fucking mental, blocking firefox, game launchers all sorts of shit even blocking it own exe when i went to reinstall.
>>
>>60892411
Malwarebytes and Adwcleaner.

>>60892377
Windows Logs, System.

>>60892324
No difference, you need to install 4.5 Net framework and C++ packages manually tho.
Only worry for the first one, the latter gets installed automatically by games that need it.
>>
>>60892385
Buy a $10~15 PCIe or USB(TPLink only) wireless card.
>>
How do I get rich?
>>
File: memes.png (265KB, 1172x950px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
265KB, 1172x950px
>>60892431
What the HECK... I restarted just in case it came back to normal, and back to normal it is. While it was it was default, I checked if my Appdata folder (which stores all the settings) was removed, and it was still there, will all my actual settings. They were all there, it was just not being read...

I had Windows updates disabled. I don't know what happened. The only thing I notice different now that it's back is that it's asking for an activation code, so I guess the crack I used got busted or something... could that be it?

Picture related is the only remotely relevant thing I could find within the time this happened. Other two is keyboard driver not loading, and Samsung shoverlware program not starting.
>>
>>60892575
Check your startup list (Microsoft Autorun>Logon).
This sounds shady as fuck and the only thing i can think of is the admin account failing to load and you being sent to the recovery account but you would have got a warning when you did.

I would have draw the line there and reinstalled, not sure if you wanna go full paranoid tho.
>>
>>60892638
I was thinking the same exact same thing. Everything fits except the message... maybe I missed the warning? Not sure at what point it would have appeared.

Not sure what you mean with Autorun>Logon.

I'm gonna run Malwarebytes now. I really don't want to deal with an actual reinstall because I did one 2 weeks ago and I have too many program and settings that are a chore to reintegrate. Definitely backing up all my shit for sure now, I was actually in the process of setting it up when this happened.

Thanks for staying with me, anon, really appreciate it
>>
>>60892689
Microsoft Autorun is a program to check everything that starts with your computer.
Logon is the section that shows everything that starts when windows does.
>>
Is it possible to hook up an HDD to a laptop?
>>
How can I do a case sensitive text search in Chrome? I don't see the option when I Ctrl+F and see no way to enable it. Can the world's most popular browser seriously lack this basic functionality?
>>
>>60887496
i just installed ubuntu for the first time and I'm kina lost desu, like i'm really enjoying the newness of it all and I can tell the OS gives you much more freedom, but I'm lost sometimes on how to do simple things like install and run a program I downloaded off the internet. Is there any source that I can read up on to help out with this?
>>
>>60892699
Yeah, nothing weird there, just what I set up.

I'll leave it at this. Interestingly so, you can use Windows without a license key forever, all the cons are that it has a watermark on the desktop. Guess they make enough with the spying empire.
>>
>>60892734
Yes. If it's a regular 3.5" HDD, use a USB to SATA cable/dock with power adapter. If 2.5" you can use the ones with just the USB connection.
>>
>>60892734
With an enclosure?
>>
File: Capture.png (429KB, 2493x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
429KB, 2493x1199px
What does this mean and how can I get round it?

I don't have an NVidia card. There's an option in the settings to use the CPU but that ramps up my CPU usage to 70% which I'm not sure is too safe
>>
>>60892874
You can just run MSToolkit you know.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:FB59D3260575A6BFDE6880CE4FF8893D10F01B06
>>
>>60892767
If doing a search with Ubuntu and "name of program" doesn't turn up discussion of it on Ubuntu forums, it probably doesn't run on Linux.
>>
>>60892909
Get an nvidia card, or use CPU. 100% CPU usage forever is fine.

>>60892767
the google, search ubuntu + what you want to do.

>>60892201
Use only public domain or non-copyleft free software components.

>>60892165
You don't need to keep the site open, you do need to keep your browser open. There is no such thing as just downloading Android 5.1.1, you would need a specific distribution made for your specific device.

>>60892179
With VDSL2 you generally don't get a separate modem, you do modem/router and often access point combined. What sort of features/performance do you need?
>>
>>60892909
Its safe, its a intensive operation.
You need a NVIDIA GPU to use CUDA.
>>
>>60892996
>There is no such thing as just downloading Android 5.1.1, you would need a specific distribution made for your specific device.
I know that, I found the N910V firmware on some website linked from a tutorial on how to unlock my bootloader, I was just wondering if anyone knew of a better site. At this point it's already halfway downloaded though...
>>
>>60892996
>>60893013
>100% CPU usage forever is fine.
Thanks
>>
>>60888592
Vim
>>
How do I analyze the RAM in GDB?
>>
File: 1461485942738.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
1461485942738.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>buy new gpu (rx460) for my old 2009 build
>it doesn't even POST with the new card
I read around and concluded that it must be because the BIOS isn't UEFI compatible. I flashed the latest update which said UEFI, still nothing. Is there anything I could do about this or should I just kms?
The card works fine, tried it on another PC.
>>
>>60893139

Why do you need it in the other PC so bad?
>>
>>60893208
The PC I tested it on isn't mine. I just want a machine that could run new titles to play from time to time.
>>
>>60893239

Maybe the PSU can't handle it? I can't be of much help, sorry.
>>
Where do i download up to date textbooks for comptia and other certs?
>>
>>60893254
That was my first concern, it's a new mid range PSU and more than adequate for that card.
>>
how do find out which graphics card will be compatible with my mother board?
>>
>>60892753
You can't, as far as I know. It was built around simplicity and speed.
>>
Which system is better?

Assuming you have no current parts:

i5 2500k with GTX 1700

or

r5 1400 with GTX 1060
>>
>>60893297
http://pcpartpicker.com/

this site will tell you if there are incompatibilities
>>
>>60893326
err I mean 1070 guys
>>
>>60893346
>>60893326
better for what?
>>
>>60893378
pure gaming
>>
>>60887591
Underrated
>>
>>60893418
if you're playing at 1080p@60fps, you'll have more fun with the second build. anything above that and you'll want the better gpu.
>>
>>60893335

holy shit this is way too confusing i don't really understand
>>
>>60893448
Would the 1070 be bottlenecked by the 2500k overclocked?
>>
>>60888736
>duke3d_e1m1.gif
>>
>>60893448
I plan to only play at 1080 not going to 1440 for quite awhile I'd say. Just looking for a good build to hold me over for 2 or 3 years at least. I know going Ryzen would give me better upgrade options down the road but honestly if I can get a 2500k and a motherboard for under ~100 dollars sounds like quite a deal to me.
>>
Gtx 1070 may be needed for 4k
>>
File: a.png (925KB, 1293x969px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
925KB, 1293x969px
>>60893494
>>60888736
>>
>>60893465
which motherboard do you have and which gpu(s) are you looking at?
>>
>>60893465
It's not hard to use faggot, it outright warns you of any incompatibility problems or issues. Also I doubt whatever graphics card you're going to use is going to be incompatible with a modern day motherboard.
>>
>>60893488
yes, but not as much as you might think.
>>
>>60893139
>read around and concluded that it must be because the BIOS isn't UEFI compatible.
Its a GPU, it has nothing to do with UEFI, that is OS stuff.

Alright lets start, did you had a GPU before?
>>
>>60893535

i want a gpu around $100
>>
>>60893139
what PSU? maybe you fried the mobo when you took off your old graphics card
shit happens
>>
>>60893579
gtx 1050

now we need to find out what motherboard you have. but i agree with >>60893547, chances are it's going to fit your mobo, unless your mobo is like 15 years old.

when did you buy your current pc?
>>
>>60893579
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/tQPzK8/msi-radeon-rx-460-2gb-video-card-radeon-rx-460-2g-oc
>>
File: motherboard.png (119KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
motherboard.png
119KB, 1680x1050px
>>60893579

forgot pic
>>
>>60887496
Is Thinkpad a meme?
>>
>>60893623
You fucking kidding me? That's a sandy bridge mobo and that shit can take modern GPUs like rx580s and 1080tis just fine.
>>
>>60893623
that's a pretty new mobo, it will fit any modern card. gtx 1050 or rx 460 are your choices.

personally i'd go with the nvidia card (1050)
>>
>>60893629
Define meme.
If your definition of meme is the same than /g/ definition of meme that is "Something that has lot to talk about doesn't mater if its good or bad" Yes.

Thinkpad laptops are really good specially for their price and reliability.
>>
>>60893569
>OS
>before post
Alright then
>>60893590
Nah, it works flawless with the old card.
>>
>>60893666
Your GPU is not posting because its starting correctly.
Still no image because something is wrong with your GPU.

Did you correctly placed it in the PCIe slot?
RX 460 doesnt need a 6 pin cable so it should work with the motherboard only.
>>
File: time_distortions.webm (1MB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
time_distortions.webm
1MB, 720x576px
Why does VLC suck so bad with streaming over LAN? It looses sync after 10 minutes with video and audio glitching. Only happens when streaming using HTTP and works fine with UDP but I'm unable to use it for the time being. Or better yet, suggest a better media player capable of playing unicast streams.
>>
>>60893654
And what about Linux?
Is it good, or it's Anon's bad joke?
>>
File: autism.jpg (25KB, 403x433px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
25KB, 403x433px
Im trying to install gnu/linux (xubuntu,ubuntu) and when i want to boot the installer i get weird lines all over the screen when booting uefi, when using legacy i get something about noveau or whatever, what to do? i tried both usb sticks and dvds, I also managed to install linux before and it just worked
>>
>>60893690
Boot in compatibility mode
>>
>>60893666
First check in BIOS if the GPU is being detected on the right PCI-E lane. If you have an integrated GPU in the CPU connect monitor to mobo so you have display output.
Or you can install the new GPU driver by doing this:
Plug monitor into old GPU or integrated GPU.
Stick new GPU in second PCI-E lane.
Install new drivers for GPU. Installation should automatically detect if the GPU is plugged in. This is assuming you're on windows like a typical retard of /sqt/.
Restart, confirm drivers are installed, shut down, plug in cables to new GPU.
>>
>>60893687
that depends entirely on what you use your pc for. linux can be great.
>>
>>60893687
Depends for what you use it.
Security and developing wise its really good unlike windows.
For casual use? Mixed opinions based in what you need.
For gaming? Bad because availability but good for the games that were designed to run under it.

Its really good to have a Linux USB around if you computer fails, you can start it from a USB with no problems.

If you have minimal computer knowledge stay with windows.
>>
>>60893634
>>60893647

i have 14 gigs ram and integrated graphics right now i just installed windows 10 like a week ago

i figured everything should be running pretty smoothly(minus video games) in terms of running multiple tabs at once but when i have facebook open and i'm buffering youtube videos and have a few other tabs open everything is really fucked; everything becomes really choppy idk whats wrong am i missing drivers or something?
>>
File: mokatokki-post-0030.jpg (166KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
mokatokki-post-0030.jpg
166KB, 500x500px
thanks for the tech support and have a nice day /g/entlemen
>>
>>60893716
Open GPU-Z.
If you never installed GPU drivers you do need them.

>>60893666
Is by any chance your new card a AMD card and your old card a NVIDIA card?
>>
>>60889772
> Why does qutebrowser keep crashing on 4chan

Probably because you use it with the old QtWebKit.

> and when is it going to be updated to the new webkit.

As soon as you install a newer QtWebKit on your system.

See: https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/blob/master/qutebrowser/html/backend-warning.html

(will be displayed on the first start with the next release when using legacy QtWebKit)
>>
>>60893716
windows 10 should automatically install all the drivers you need.
i'd try turning hardware acceleration on or off or switching browsers to see if the issues persist.
>>
>>60893687
Not for AAA gaming. For everything else like daily use it's great.
>>
File: Capture.png (176KB, 503x252px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
176KB, 503x252px
How do I give my music files a cover in >Windows?
Right is what I want, left is what I've got
>>
>>60893716
>when i have facebook open and i'm buffering youtube videos and have a few other tabs open everything
Block fucking ads and useless javascript, you mong. If you don't you're an ignorant scrub. Welcome to mainstream hell.
>>
>>60893747
.ico files.
>>
>>60893676
As I mention at the end of my post, tried it on another configuration and it worked fine. I guess I'll try removing the chipset heatsink which might be causing a problem.
>>60893728
Yes, rx460, old one is oem nvidia 310
>>
>>60893757
How can I add one, or tamper with the existing one?
>>
>>60893766
>I guess I'll try removing the chipset heatsink which might be causing a problem.
Anon stop baiting people.
>>
File: 1387400771953.png (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1387400771953.png
14KB, 400x400px
Can I mine BTC/Etherium on my laptop iGPU?
>>
Any better way to link an IP address to a location / address than various websites on the web? They state it's a "general" area but I want something more precise.
>>
>>60893766
Do not remove the chipset heatsink.
>>
>>60893705
>>60893708
>>60893744
Thank you Anon

But, why i can't customise some sort of things?
Like I can't put chromium tabs in the title with gtk+ _[]x
There is only two options, native chrome buttons, or additional bar. Both options looks like a shit
>>
>>60893773
>>60893795
It touches the card because there's not enough clearance, I'll install a smaller one.
>>
>>60893777
Yes you can
>>
>>60893777
Yes, you will make $0.01 per day tho, and this is talking about a Haswell or better IGPU.
>>
>>60887496
ive just come home today and tried to boot up my regular computer but heres what happens:
>press the start button
>hear the computer rev up, can hear the hard disk start spinning
>HDD squeaks twice, and the revs down, can no longer hear it
>computer boots as if normal, bios works. boot drive menu shows all my disks
>i select my SSD (not hdd) from the boot drive menu, it goes into the dual boot screen fine (got linux installed too)
>select run windows
now one of two things happens, if i spam f8 and then boot in safe mode it stops at classpnp.sys every time, if i just let it start normally it goes into the "loading windows" screen and just stays there (literally waited 20 minutes)
I have also tried running linux mint which i had installed, but it goes to command line with a bunch of errors and doesnt boot properly.

My OS is not even installed on this HDD, what could there be a problem with?
i am about to use a USB drive to see if that will boot, and check my disk from there.
any other ideas on what could be wrong?
>>
File: 1489509947645.png (347KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489509947645.png
347KB, 1366x768px
>>60893803
You'll have to ask desktop ricers or chromium devs for a solution.
>>
>>60893841
sounds like something corrupted your windows install. could be hardware failure or something else.

boot from the windows install dvd and run sfc /scannow
>>
>>60893770
A: use a shortcut, or if you wanna do a whole album the folder icon.
Right click>Personalize>Change icon
>>
>>60893835
It's Sandy Bridge. Maybe they will be worth more someday? If I started mining at the beginning even if I only had 1 or 2 BTC i'd be rich comparatively.
>>
>>60893841
>>HDD squeaks twice, and the revs down, can no longer hear it
dead mouse in computer
did you have a previous windows OS installed in HDD? why didn't you move the bootloader or whatever was in system reserve to the SSD
>>
>>60893862
Then you will mine $0.005 per day if not less leaving it 24 hours working at 100%.
You need a GPU to mine at all.
>>
>>60893862
>mining on a laptop
Give up, you're way too fucking late. The only thing for you is regret.
>>
File: Folder image changed.png (201KB, 1082x282px) Image search: [Google]
Folder image changed.png
201KB, 1082x282px
>>60893859
>>60893770
Pic related.
>>
File: 1391754349947.gif (154KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1391754349947.gif
154KB, 360x360px
>>60893874
>>60893881

I just wanna be apart of something, but i'm fucking poor
>>
>>60893901
Buy AMD stocks right fucking now.
>>
>>60893896
>>60893859
It's not the folder icon I want changed, it's the .mp3 files themselves
>>
>>60893914

Really?
>>
>power cuts out and comes back on
>router stops routing
>try 30/30/30, still nothing
>unplug everything, let sit for 30 minutes
>replug, still nothing

Currently I have it unplugged again, what are my options? It just blinks blue now. Pls don't say new one
>>
>>60893841
okay heres an update, i have booted with ZorinOS and i can view all my hard drives and they work as they should.
Ive made some backups (just in case) but my windows will still not boot. i have windows 7 installed, in case that is important. I will try booting into windows and then doing a disk check after i finish making more backups

Also, it should be noted that i used to have an old hard drive (it failed) that made the same squeaky sound right before it failed, i never took that hard drive out in hopes that one day it might suddenly work again.
Could it be the old hard drive, even though it hasnt worked in a long long time, just starting up again and attempting to run for a few seconds until it realizes its fucked?
or is it a sign that my current hard drive is about to fail?

Could this be an issue with some other part of my computer?
>>
>>60894006
>made the same squeaky sound right before it failed, i never took that hard drive out
what the fuck man
I don't need this /g/uro story
>>
>>60893928
pour about half of your assets into it
you're going to regret it if you don't
go long term don't short like a faggot if you're poor
>>
>>60893915
The only easy way is creating a shortcut and changing the image somewhat the same way you would do with a folder.
Would you believe windows doesn't have a way to do it?
>>
>>60894026
>Would you believe windows doesn't have a way to do it?
Yeah, I guess. Thanks anyway love
How do the files that do have an icon get them then? Is it in the file or what?
>>
>>60894021

How does one buy a stock, never done it, and they don't teach you actual useful shit like this in school
>>
>>60894055
They have them based in the default program they use.
And some video files have some thumbnails that use random parts of a video based in its lenght.
Same way folders use thumbnails to give you a idea what files are they stored on them.

What you want is put a different image based on the song.
You could do this:

Make a shortcut of the mp3.
Right click>Properties
In the bottom click the change icon button.
Then you will be able to do what you want.

But you cant edit the file itself.
>>
>>60894014
whats wrong with that?
never caused me any problems

>>60893858
yeah, could be this, but the fact that it is affecting my other OS too leads me to think it might be a problem in the SSD and the HDD sounds are just something unrelated
also i dont have a cd drive, when i installed windows i used a USB cd drive but i sold it.

>>60893867
>dead mouse
>squeaking
also no i only installed windows on the SSD.
>move the bootloader
wat
>>
>>60894090
>They have them based in the default program they use.
I meant like the Tarzan icon in >>60893747. It's from the Tarzan soundtrack, how does that have an Icon where other files don't? Is it just embedded somewhere or something?
>>
>>60894128
Are you using Windows media player?
>>
>>60894131
"Groove", the stock Win10 app. Is that generating the thumbnails?
>>
>>60894169
Windows 10 (Atleast LTSB does) uses Windows media player.
To make it easy, drag your music to your Music folder (duh).

Open Windows media player, go to music section.
Then drag a image over the file you want.
It should be that easy if you are using 10.
>>
>>60894169
>>60894204
>>
>>60893845
Ok, thanks
>>
Is there a way to get vids off of xvid or pornhub without an extension? Useless fucking apps never turn up anything.
>>
>>60894245
VideoDownloadHelper should dectect everything on those sites.
>>
>>60894249

Thanks m8
>>
My laptop screen flickers when it's on battery mode. It gets worse the lower battery it has. When it's plugged in it works perfect. Do I need to get a new battery?
>>
>>60894204
>>60894227
Windows 10 uses Groove.
I'm not sure Media Player was even installed until I went and did it.
>>60894227
Aren't you using MPC-HC there?
>>
>>60894245
youtube-dl can handle those too
>>
File: grafics.jpg (22KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
grafics.jpg
22KB, 268x265px
Why do nerds exist?
>>
File: 1495949536975.jpg (198KB, 1200x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1495949536975.jpg
198KB, 1200x1500px
Is it possible to stream my desktop audio to a friend via internet?
>>
>>60894363
They don't anymore.
>>
>>60893937
Update
>take router across room
>plug into different outlet
>works fine
OK cool
>take modem from across room, shuffle my cords around
>have modem and router all ready to go
>plug router in, it's back to not working
WHAT THE FUCK
>decide to plug ethernet cord from modem to pc, fuck it
>can't find a way to set up wired connections
Just kill me
>>
So I got a Yoga 3 Pro back when they were new, what 3 years ago now? It was always a bit slower then I thought it should be but since I only use it for email/web it was never an issue.

Recently I started to get wifi dropouts, fresh WIn10 install didn't fix. Decided to try and swap out the M.2 wifi card from the Broadcom one it came with to a Intel 7265 and not only did it fix the wifi issues but I got a noticeable speed bump, even things like youtube that would drop frames when running full screen 1080p video drops zero frames now. Is it really possible the Broadcom chip was fucking up the entire system that bad?
>>
I just finished collecting 120 stars on Super Mario 64 using my keyboard, playing on Mupen64.

Is there something wrong with me?
>>
>>60894508
Write a program that does it for you
>>
>>60894534
people have already done that
>>
>>60894006
okay another update
ive done a bunch of backups, my windows drive seems to be okay, but windows never loads past classpnp.sys
how the fuck do i repair it?
>>
Recommend me a working irc client for android, and ill be off this website forever.
>>
File: Aurora Apple.png (327KB, 560x403px) Image search: [Google]
Aurora Apple.png
327KB, 560x403px
Is it worth it to learn Delphi?
Also, why is it better to index an array using strings instead of integer?
>>
How can i regex "reddit spacing"?
It's even possible?
>>
>>60895012
You can't because there's no way to know whether it was the proper situation whether you would leave a blank line or if it isn't.
>>
new thread >>60895103
new thread >>60895103
new thread >>60895103
>>
>>60890344
That's basically how 3D cameras work isn't it?
Thread posts: 330
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.