[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 44

File: 1367523368832.gif (272KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
1367523368832.gif
272KB, 500x352px
Old Thread : >>60865231
>>
>>60876044
https://www.amazon.com/iCreatin-Unlimited-Shielded-Ethernet-Networking/dp/B00TGJHPGS/ref=pd_sim_147_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00TGJHPGS&pd_rd_r=TDRR481G7JEA5SWWQW6A&pd_rd_w=hyw6a&pd_rd_wg=v8s3P&psc=1&refRID=TDRR481G7JEA5SWWQW6A

will this speed up my internet connection
>>
Got an interview question asking to explain difference between access, excel spreadsheet, and sql, and to give an example of where it can be used.
I think I did good but can someone give me an example answer?
>>60876069
Unless you are currently using 4-wired 100Mb/s cable and your internet connection speed is over 100Mb/s, no.
>>
File: microwave-759484.jpg (125KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
microwave-759484.jpg
125KB, 1024x768px
>>60876044
How can I install gentoo Linux on this machine?
>>
>>60874487
Had a follow up question with this:
So if I have a brand new Dell and want to utilize YUMI to sneak Windows 7 on via a thumbdrive...

Would I need to configure anything special to the Win7.iso, like the dell drivers?

If not, would the Dell drivers be able to run in Win7 environment? I specifically have a Dell Inspiron 15 5567. I understand many of you say "it depends on the chipset" if the drivers will work. Is there a way I could check?
>>
File: 1491847562267.jpg (406KB, 600x1179px) Image search: [Google]
1491847562267.jpg
406KB, 600x1179px
>>60876044
Not sure where to ask, so I'll ask /v/ and /g/

I'm at my friends house and we're looking to play Rainbow 6 Siege together. He bought his through Steam, I bought mine through Uplay. His computer doesnt currently have the game installed, and the internet where we are is pretty slow, so it would take an age. I have Siege installed on my computer through Uplay alone - my question is, can I transfer a backup copy of the folder of Siege to his computer, and then have Steam recognize it and run it?(Or since you have to go through Uplay anyway, have uplay run it?)

I found some tutorials of transferring games from uplay to uplay and steam to steam, but not from uplay standalone to a steam-based uplay version.
>>
whats a good voice modulator that isnt a toy and easy to transport hand held or pocket wise with a headset the only thing ive found are toys or really shitty modulators.
>>
Red pill me on VPNs.
What are the chances action would be taken if I was downloading a torrent without a VPN?
What's the best one out there? Are free ones worth it?
>>
>>60876246
>What are the chances action would be taken if I was downloading a torrent without a VPN?
This is international website. We don't know what country you are in.
>>
>look for a video to learn C programming as a complete beginner
>the guy starts speaking in completely
incomprehensible indian accent
Every fucking time.
Anyone can recommend a video series or something that is very beginner friendly but is in native English or at least non Indian accent?
>>
What's the best cheap backpack on amazon?
>>
>>60876299
Videos aren't good for beginners.
Get a textbook and just tank it- a hundred or so pages in you'll know the fundamentals. Learn something easy like Java or C# to understand the basics of programming. The teaching resources for these two languages are much more vast, open and easier to understand. When you learn one language, it's easier to learn others.
>>
I've started a small business to sell a service that would benefit a lot of people, but the one guy who was supposed to be my sales guy is a strung out coke fiend so I have to make calls myself. Its been two months and I've only made $900. I'm going underwater with all my costs and contemplating suicide.

So I want to repackage my service as a product and sell it. I need to make a desktop application that pulls information from public sites based on the user's information, puts that data into in certain fields, then exports those fields to specific PDF files. What's the best way to go about doing this?
>>
>>60876400
shut the fuck up
>>
>>60876246
I've used expressvpn and downloaded hundreds of torrents and I've never had a problem with it. If you really want to be secure, get a seedbox. Its like $10 a month and it uploads for you so you never have to worry about your ratio on private trackers.

But for VPNS, I would recommend mullvad. Its much cheaper than express vpn.
>>
>>60876435
I know, I know.

Look I don't need to be spoonfed. I just need to be pointed in the right direction.
>>
>>60875224
>>60874586
>>60876216
>>60876091
you are not "fooling" the computer into thinking it´s installing win10
and i may have to clarify that this is only to provide drivers for the installation process nothing more
because (and i assume you had a problem with this) if you want to install win7 it will only work if it has the necessary drivers (chipset drivers if i remember correctly?) if not you would be unable to install it

in regards of the question weither the dell drivers would run in win7 that simply depends on if there´s a driver for it somewhere because (at least in my experience) if it´s compatible the producer of the hardware (not dell but realtek for example) will release the drivers but you will not be able to just go on and use the drivers w10 has on w7 at least in most cases i guess
>>
Whats better between stylish and greasemonkey?
>>
>>60876503
they perform different tasks
stylish is a botnet so of course greasemonkey
>>
>>60876206
Suck it and see.
If it doesn't work you'll just end up downloading it anyway.
>>
>>60876216
FUCKING ALWAYS AT THE TAIL END OF THIS SHIT.
>>
I'm a freelance artist and have been using this productivity timer app on my phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wlxd.pomochallenge&hl=en
I've looked tried a few different ones but I like everything about it better than the alternatives except I hate the aesthetic. Is there any way I can change the icons? I would love to switch out the stupid little soviet style characters with something else.
>>
>>60876544
shut the fuck up
>>
>>60876044
Is there a way to install any version of Windows with the need of a product key?
>>
>>60876563
Shit my bad. I meant without a key.
>>
>>60876563
download a different version of the iso
http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
not sure but i never had to enter it and i am using en_windows_7_enterprise_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677651.iso
>>
>>60876563
>Is there a way to install any version of Windows with the need of a product key?
Yes, get a CD or hardware with a Windows OS on it, it will ask for the product key at some point
>>
>>60876603
I meant without one.
>>
>>60876078
What kind of fucking question is that. What was the job?
>>
I'm thinking of installing Ubuntu with the minimal ISO because I hate how Ubuntu normally preloads lots of crap and I don't know the package names for all the bloat. Would the minimal iso omit anything important?
>>
>>60876478
Correct, thank you for the clarification.
I have a sneaking suspicion I purchased the wrong laptop today. It has the 7th gen Core i7.

If I really had my heart set on Win7, should I return it for a different model?
>>
>>60876599
Cool thanks anon-kun
>>
File: 1479973498520.png (55KB, 1080x900px) Image search: [Google]
1479973498520.png
55KB, 1080x900px
I used to use msdn to check hashes for Windows isos, but now I get this.

Anyone know what the deal is? Am I just fucked?
>>
>>60876629
you should try mint if you hate how heavy ubuntu feels.
>>
>>60876632
depends on how much you can be bothered with hunting drivers that might only be available from suspicious Russian websites
I have a 7th gen cpu too
and it took me quite some searching to get everything done
the worst were the chipset drivers
that´s why i permanently moved on to arch on it

and if you are really set on using win7 and you don´t want to search drivers like that
i´d recommend when you return this one, to check if the new one you´d buy has the necessary win7 drivers offered by dell and the likes before buying it
>>
>>60876662
visit the new portal?
i don´t see the problem there
>>
>>60876722
>visualstudio.com

Obviously that doesn't have shit
>>
>>60876632
It will be a pain to say the least. Also win 7 doesn't do updates on the latest gen of processors, so you'll need to at least do a hack if you want security updates on that model.
>>
>>60876710
I hate mint even more than Ubuntu. Plus it's developers are incompetent that's the worst distro for security.
>>
>>60876753
you should try arch if don´t want tons of crap preloaded
and it´s quite comfy if you can follow basic instructions once

>>60876731
just cause it´s called visualstudio.com doesn´t mean that they don´t offer the other stuff there.
after all Microsoft wouldn´t just remove your non visualstudio subscriptions would it?
>>
How to weaponize cheese
>>
>>60876783
hide it under the car-seat of a car standing in the sun in summer
>>
In vim, is there a way to search for two strings and have them match only if they are within a specified proximity of each other?
>>
>>60876764
I don't have any subscriptions. It just used to let me look at the available downloads and see their hashes, even if I couldn't download them there.

I guess it's telling me to fuck off, but it's bullshit and doesn't really make sense. I was wondering if there is any other way to see the hashes other than just trusting some guy that claims to have a subscription.
>>
So what the fuck is there to do in the fast-approaching future for someone who wants to remain on Windows 7 but with new hardware (like new Intel processors, latest mobs and shit)?

Kaby Lake + future chips only supports win10, apparently no one makes drivers for new computers/laptops for Win7.

Do I:
1.) give up because it's impossible
2.) research endlessly for work arounds, peruse hobbyist forums for like-minded individuals and hope that user patches are made
3.) feel like an idiot because it's really not this hard
4.) fuck it all and switch to Linux?

I know end result is #4, but for proprietary school shit and games I can't be arsed right now.
>>
Thank you again for your input!

>>60876711
Yarg, that's what a friend is warning me about right now. I'll check on other models that the store was selling and see if they have W7 drivers. I will certainly make use of YUMI eventually though, thank you for the info!

>>60876737
Yeaahhh. I am not doing gaming or anything on this laptop-- strictly for business and watching youtube when travelling. There's just a few things I desire:
+ Numpad
+ Win7
+ No advertisements and notifications saying I can sign into skype when I want to. Holy dick.
>>
File: Untitled.png (6KB, 523x243px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
6KB, 523x243px
I'm in a living complex with internet as a provided utility. right now I have my router set up in wireless bridge mode, but the connection is shit. there's an ethernet jack on the wall that I'm assuming will let me connect to the same network somehow. how do I configure my router to use the wired internet connection, but keep my shit on a seperate subnet?
>>
>>60876764
I have trouble getting anything to work in Arch. Anytime I try to install something from the Aur I get errors. this includes Metate week which I don't want to use matay without and KDE connect which failed to do anything no matter which version I installed. if anything should break are we unable to focus on anythingfor the several days will take me to fix it. I would use Solus if it could run KDEconnect.
>>
>>60876859
Yeah, I'd say do windows 8, but they're cutting updates to that too. Microsoft really are great pulsing dicks. If you just need browsing/office, there are a shitton of thinkpads etc that will work great for you.
>>
>>60876854
get qemu or the likes and run win7 in it until you completely move to linux

>>60876879
hmm that sucks of course
you could go with antergos maybe? (not sure how much bloat they install)
but in my experience their repo is less volatile than aur and it´s still not as bloated as most i´ve used besides it
>>
>>60876869
Literally just use your router's default settings. You'll have a closed NAT type and added latency, but your file sharing etc will be isolated. I'd think about how important that is to you and consider just joining the network at large.
>>
>>60876910
>(not sure how much bloat they install)
a terrible display manager that lags horribly on all of my computer's. if I wanted to use Arch I would just use Arch.

I just want to know if you Ubunttu minimal I so will omit anything I would care about. like support for printers, my Wi-Fi card, anything security related Etc. I've accepted I'm not smart enough to use anything else.
>>
File: 1496468698806.jpg (54KB, 305x255px) Image search: [Google]
1496468698806.jpg
54KB, 305x255px
what does this mean /g/?
>The motherboard M.2 slot #0 shares bandwidth with a SATA 6.0 Gb/s port. When the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6Gb/s port is disabled.
>The motherboard M.2 slot #1 shares bandwidth with SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports. When the M.2 slot is populated, two SATA 6Gb/s ports are disabled.
>>
Give me some ideas where i can spam my shitty survey links to make money from, already tried youtube comments but its too much work
>>
File: acer-swift3-sf314-51-3718.png (43KB, 422x390px) Image search: [Google]
acer-swift3-sf314-51-3718.png
43KB, 422x390px
Looking to buy pic related

Only thing I'm worried about is it has only 4Gb ram and it's not upgradable.

I've been working with 4Gb with my current laptop for the last 4 years and I've never had any complaints about performance, but I'm worried that I might need more in the future.

I only really use it for college (no video/photo editing or gaming) and watching movies/series.

You guys reckon I should look for something with more RAM or will I be fine?
>>
>>60876931
I forgot to mention that I'm using ddwrt. so all I have to do is plug my router into the wall and shut off the antenna and automatic configuration will make everything just werk?
>>
Can I use an external mechanical drive to boot live usbs? Dongles are too slow to write to.
>>
I need to enable DirectPlay in Windows 7 but the Legacy Components section in Turn Windows Features On or Off is missing. How do I enable it now?
>>
>>60877078
>shut off the antenna
If you want a wired-only connection, sure. The network setup should detect your connection just fine. Routers pretty much default to being routers, so it doesn't take anything special to nest yours behind the main one. It won't be a great setup for gaming/torrenting/voip, but a lot of people get by alright on it.
>>
>>60877020
If you using Linux, probably not. If you using Windows I'm sure we'll get even shittier in their future end I need to let three or four gigs of RAM instead of 2.
>>
best way to make a semi-decent resume with :
- no professional experience
- boring school projects

I would ask in /dpt/ but they'd just tear me to shreds. Field is software engineering and I graduate with BS in 6 months.
>>
>>60877020
How much longer until you graduate? DESU, anything less than five years and you should just go for the 4gigs.
>>
>order motherboard and case through newegg, everything else through amazon
>amazon shit coming in every so often, last shipment will arrive this thurday
>newegg tells me stuff was delivered to PO Box Friday and today
>go to post office today
>nothing there, so I ask front desk, they say i need a USPS tracking#
>mfw Newegg shipped by FedEx
>go home, call FedEx
>automated phone system tells me this was a smart post or whatever, so i must call the sender about any problems
>get on customer service with newegg, mansplain her my problem, she tells me i need to call fedex
>told her i already did
>tells me to ask my neighbors
>excuseme.txt, my post office doesnt have neighbors
>tells me to call USPS
>call them, robot USPS needs a USPS tracking #
>Put in FedEx tracking#, obv doesnt work
>tell newegg the shit doesnt work
>she tells me to call USPS and tell them the problem
>bitch you just told me that
>tell her its an automated system and theres no customer reps because offices were closed
>bitch says sorry, you gotta take it up with USPS, ends convo
fuck newegg and fuck fedex. guess im buying everything through amazon now
>>
File: Untitled.png (278KB, 1383x681px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
278KB, 1383x681px
>>60876044
Why is it taking so long to scan my computer?
>>
>>60876887
I was thinking about that. I've got a 2010 Samsung that's actually of decent quality (nothing like thinkpad) that has the most minimal W7 setup a non comp-sci major could possible throw together. Only issue is that battery life caps at 2hrs unplugged. Slowly dying and can't fully charge.
>>
>>60876966
It means that if the M.2 slot is populated, one SATA 6Gb/s port is disabled.
>>
>>60877168
You're graduating in half a year and haven't done any interesting private projects yet?

Anyways, I'd just build a bunch of cool things. It doesn't really matter what you do, as long as they use whatever skill you want to show on your portfolio.
>>
>>60877372
You have 3 viruses
>>
>>60877168
Write a comfy tiling window manager for Weston.
>>
Need to get a 2nd GPU so that I can connect some monitors that I got for free.

My main GPU is a GTX 970, and I am thinking about adding a HD 6450.
How well would that work? I need to extend displays, so I am not sure if that would affect it.

I have free ports on my 970 but need to connect 3 monitors.
>>
>>60877449
I have several "projects" but they're very uninspiring and boring. I've worked on a few interesting things for school so I've been focusing on them.
>>
Where is Windows Classic theme on W10? Did those fuckers do away with it?

Does anyone know of any sort of user-created theme that makes a believable "classic windows" environment?

Pic related. From:
http://kizo2703.deviantart.com/art/Windows-classic-theme-for-Windows-8-RTM-8-1-10-325642288
>>
So my graphics card doesnt give signal to the monitors, is hidden in the device manager, and the fans are still running. It worked earlier today but after switching hdmi cables while it was plugged in and then turned off and later turned it on to find it doesnt give a signal, does this mean I broke it?
>>
>>60877420
You could replace the battery, or get an external. A 2010 with an SSD is fine for most basic shit
>>
Is there a way to make Plex stay in folder view on a phone? It used to default to that for me but I updated it and now it defaults to grid view. Can't find anything in the settings about it.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (20KB, 1904x211px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
20KB, 1904x211px
Is this adware? I didn't install anything recently on my computer, and it's not EXTREMELY invasive as it only pops up in google searches every once and awhile.
>>
>>60877656
I was looking around for a battery but could only find refurbished ones. Bit of a gamble what you get- so I hear. I could probably try looking harder, but I'm sort of leaving next week for 2 months on the road. CONUS though, so not like going abroad. Unless you know of some magical battery warehouse?

I was thinking about an external, but my suitcase / courier is starting to fill up too much already.
>>
>>60877752
>suitcase / courier is starting to fill up too much
There is so such thing as "fill up too much".Either it is full or it isnt.
>>
>>60876044
Miktex or Texlive for Windows?
>>
>>60877761
Think of it like a little asian girl. You can either just fill her up, or you can permanently modify her shape.
>>
>>60877761
Hah! Listen, I spent my mid 2000 college years with darkalex modded PSP and charger in one cargo short pocket, NDS w/R4 and charger in other cargo short pocket... all because my bags were full of shit. I'm not even a comp sci major. I never signed up for this goddamn.
>>
My friend recommended putting my OS onto an SSD. Is there anything specific I should know about the one I'm getting other than how much storage it has
>>
>>60877795
Some work better than others, but they're all a huge upgrade from an HDD. Newer is generally better, the 850 is a good model.
>>
File: specs.png (20KB, 446x365px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
20KB, 446x365px
CPU seems pretty fucked, wat do?
>>
File: 1495238894591.jpg (511KB, 835x603px) Image search: [Google]
1495238894591.jpg
511KB, 835x603px
All I need to do is share my screen or window with a friend over the internet with a neglible delay.

I don't need to setup a server. I don't need virtual audio cable and three different programs hooked together through an OS emulator. All I need, is skype screen sharing but with audio and without the white noise. Please, help me.
>>
>>60877866
replace the thermal compound and attach a good heat-sink (properly) attach proper cooling fans in proper orientation
>>
>>60877876
u mean other than google hangouts?
>>
if i buy a vpn and i live in one town, could my friends in other states also use the same vpn that im paying for, or will they have to make due by purchasing their own?
>>
>>60877499
Bump
>>
Taskbar is doing this really weird shit where the top 25% or so of the icon loads properly but the rest either lags or stays as it was before it acted up, wat do? I can't show proof because it looks fine in screenshots but this is the second time it's happened in a week now and I'm getting concerned.

Also I'm >>60877866 if it has anything to do with that
>>
>>60878005
You would be able to share. Just depends how many connections your VPN allows. PIA for example allows up to 5.

You should split the costs with your friends to save money.
>>
>>60878062
thank you sir, which vpn is best if i want to get away with pirating
>>
File: googlefuckingmymouth.png (15KB, 397x156px) Image search: [Google]
googlefuckingmymouth.png
15KB, 397x156px
A month ago, I got a google voice number after using an android app to receive the 6 digit code. After I closed the window, my number went away, and I could no longer receive calls from the number that I chose (I think from Tennessee or something), so it tells me that I can choose a number.
I click that link, and it leads me to choose a number from different cities. I choose a New York number, and then it tells me to put my phone number so that I can receive a 6 digit code like last time.
Well, I put the phone number, and it says that I can't use that number. What the fuck is this?

Why did it lose the original number I chose, and why is it not letting me pick a new one??
>>
>>60878070
No problem bro, I personally use PIA and it's great.
>>
File: 1496470857609.jpg (16KB, 480x424px) Image search: [Google]
1496470857609.jpg
16KB, 480x424px
>>60877940
Google hangouts fps is maybe 2fps. 15fps would be fine but 2 is unusable.
>>
to all the people i've helped in this thread but never heard back from:
you're fucking welcome, cum-guzzlers!
>>
>>60878113
twitch maybe?
>>
File: SIMS.jpg (30KB, 554x341px) Image search: [Google]
SIMS.jpg
30KB, 554x341px
>>60878136
>>
File: 1496705025544.jpg (65KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
1496705025544.jpg
65KB, 680x680px
>>60878135
It looks and sounds great but has a 30sec+ delay even with the "reduce delay" beta option.

My friend and I tried Skype screen share, Nvidia Geforce stream share, Google Hangouts, Twitch and Mixer. Why is this so difficult? 15fps, 1-2 second delay. Doesn't seem hard. Every program we try fixes one issue, but brings up another. Google hangouts has 3fps. Skype screen share has good fps but no audio sharing. Geforce only supports 3 games. Mixer's delay is insane like Twitches.

I want to die. I want to play a VN with a friend. It doesn't need to be high fps. But I don't want ot have to left click, wait 10 seconds, then progress for EVER. SINGLE. DIALOG. BOX.
>>
>>60876044
best gaming monitor under 300?
>>
>>60878136
Check and post what the crpytic link was like.
If it was base64+random characters dont worry.
Run Adwcleaner and Malwarebytes in that order.
>>
>>60877734
Run Adwcleaner.
>>
im using throttle stop to undervolt my laptop and am trying to find a way to get it into the toolbar instead of the task bar. If i hit the close button or right click close window it just goes back to the task bar. Its not a huge deal but id rather have it not take up space there since it just runs in the background
>>
File: 1343430599662.jpg (52KB, 524x451px) Image search: [Google]
1343430599662.jpg
52KB, 524x451px
So I come back from work tonight and find that somehow my external hdd (wd elements 2tb) is apparently corrupted.
Here's what happened:
>left pc on to download and seed torrents while I went to work
>return home 10hrs later, forgot I left my pc on
>so as I usually do I press the power button to turn it on
>instant regret as I remember it was on already
>turn it back on and check tixati
>cannot find download folder
>so I unplug the usb and replug it
>windows cannot read usb device blah blah malfunction
>I replug it in another usb socket and same shit

I don't know how this could've happened, the drive isn't even a week old. How can I fix it? I tried using chkdsk but it can't access it seemingly.
>>
>>60878273
Use testdisk
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Step_By_Step

Probably need a Live linux USB, Ubuntu or Mint should be fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exq-aWBmRyI
>>
>>60878273
That was always been my experience with external drives + bittorrent. There is just something about that combination that rips the drive apart.
>>
>>60878194
>VN
???
>>
>>60876438
Seed boxes are tiny as shit, I've never seen one above 3TB, and the ones that come close to it is far more than $10 a month.
>>
>>60878319
Visual Novel

999 specifically and maybe the previous Sherlock Holmes game.

Why is this so difficult?
>>
>>60877876
Everything will give you 10-15 seconds delays tops thanks how streaming works.
>>
Is it possible to get ublock origin to not block the recent posts blurb on the front page? I've tried and failed for an hour. I want to enable cosmetic filtering but make an exception here.
>>
>>60877734
>Is this adware?
Fucking obviously
>>
>sound randomly mutes itself when playing things with audio in Windows 10
What the fuck?
>>
>>60878294
so I need to run I need to run test disk from linux? I got to the choose media screen and it can't detect it, this was done under windows.
>>
I want to get emojis on my touchbar when I'm not using messenger, how do I accomplish this? I know that I can press ctrl cmd space to get a list of them but i want it on my touchbar goddamnit.
>>
My dad's Galaxy S5 is stuck on 5.1.1 and says there are no updates available.

Any solutions? Google has proved pretty useless for me.
>>
>>60876454
Perl or Python would be the easiest. Perl in particular is designed specifically for working with and parsing text.

It sounds like your plan is to essentially give away the thing that makes your business special. Why not offer the service via the web?
>>
>>60877536
7 was the last windows with classic theme
>>
>>60878255
Thanks, always forget that's a fucking option
>>
>>60878428
android versions are pushed by the service provider. if your company doesn't update, then that's it. u want marshmallow or nougat, buy s7 or s8
>>
>>60878446
Except I also have an S5 with the same provider and I'm on 6.0.1
>>
>>60876629
Try it and see. This is stupid questions thread, not 'guess what I want' thread.
>>
>>60876044
Whats better for gayming and general use a r5 1600 or r7 1700, and why? [spoiler] money is not a factor [/spoiler]
>>
>>60878450
in that case, just wait.
i had two phones of same make (S7) T-mobile and carrier.
6 weeks between them getting nougat
>>
>>60877020
Just get a chromebook. Cheaper and does everything you want. You could even get one from Acer if that's your preferred brand.
>>
>>60878400
It's usually best in a linux command line I find, if nothing else keep a USB handy to recover at least some lost files if the file system can't be restored

There's how to mount it

https://forum.level1techs.com/t/system-rescue-cd-testdisk-how-to-get-data-to-external-storage-device/94032/3
>>
>>60878463
I'm not on Nougat, I'm on Marshmallow, which was released a while ago.
>>
>>60878255
Actually just restarted after the cleaning and it's still showing up for some reason

>>60878389
There's a reason I'm in this thread m8
>>
>>60878194
why not just vnc?
fps isn't great because it just sends a jpeg at a time, but latency is good because it just sends a jpeg at a time
should be a-ok for remote VN play
>>
>>60877546
boot an ubuntu LTS live usb or dvd and see if it works there. re-seat and card in it's slot and make sure any required power connectors are connected to the card securely.
>>
>>60878474
Check your browser add-ons.
>>
>>60877795
Samsung 850 EVO is pretty much the /g/ recommended model. Mine is 250GB and it's been great. The newer ones are Samsung 750 EVO and Intel 600p, and they're still good, but not as certain of a track record as the 850 EVO.
>>
>>60878474
90% chance it's in your browser settings or extensions.
>>
>>60878481
Is it a joke or are you actually retarded? You want me to send jpegs with a program so that I can play a video game with a friend? Is it computer hour at the retard school?
>>
What backup software do you recommend?
>>
>>60878273
>somehow my bargain basement 1-year-warranty piece of shit drive is apparently corrupted.
Check it's smart status from Windows. WD probably has a simple official tool you can use. If not, try speedfan or such.
>>
>>60878507
>>60878486
Looked in my extensions before anything else, they're clean. Only things I have there is Adguard, Avira, and Sad Panda
>>
>>60878455
Do you have to buy AyyMD? Intel equivalents are still better for gaming with the price dips.

Otherwise gaming performance is similar enough that you might as well go 1600 to save money (even though you said it doesn't matter).
>>
>>60877795
850 EVO is the gold standard.
Minimum 240GB or more.
120GB are slower and last less because how they are made.
>>
>>60878455
>money is not a factor
Then go for Intel since the main use will be gaming.
>>
File: 1448383829076.jpg (19KB, 384x484px) Image search: [Google]
1448383829076.jpg
19KB, 384x484px
>>60878467
Oh god I just plugged in my usb stick and now windows is saying its corrupted. I hate my life.
>>
File: 1496070957493.png (1MB, 1181x629px) Image search: [Google]
1496070957493.png
1MB, 1181x629px
Can anyone give me a compelling reason to use tmux over screen or vice versa? They both seem to do exactly the same thing.
>>
>>60878530
reinstall browser if all else fails
>>
>>60878508
>asking questions in a stupid questions thread
>thinks he knows more than the person responding
>>
>>60878601
He suggested sending jpegs to play a video game, so yeah, I'd say I know more than him. Idk anon. Maybe I'm crazy.

Do you want to play video games with jpegs? Maybe I'm frustrated of asking a question, or seeing someone ask a question, and getting fucking retarded answers or suggestions back. His reply made me wonder if I was actually on the steam forums. Works for me :^) I'll pm you answer!
>>
>>60878518
bump
>>
>>60878508
Not him but sending video is more complicated than images.
With video you have to handle encoding, then nonstop upload of the video.

With a image it takes nothing and its send and received instantly.
You are playing a fucking VN, not a 144FPS videogame.

Streaming is somewhat resource intensive, why do you think twitch all people in twitch have a 8-10 second delay, MINIMUM.
>>
>>60878627
I have the resources, that's not the problem. It's garbage services that arbitrarily add a 30 second delay blanket to everyone because of 3 idiots.

Do these jpegs play sound? If not, why the fuck would I want to play a soundless game with a friend? Music, voice acting, sound effects, cause it's not like that shit is important or anything...
>>
>>60878616
Maybe re-read the answer and find out who the real retard is in this situation. 'Sending jpegs' is how VNC works internally. For most intents and purposes, it's streaming video.
>>
>>60878616
MJPEG is a pretty effective encoding system when low latency is desired and, since there's no inter frame dependency. That's why VNC uses it (among other options)
>>
File: 1361918759568.jpg (19KB, 192x279px) Image search: [Google]
1361918759568.jpg
19KB, 192x279px
>>60878521
smart status can't find the external drive and wd digital lifeguard diag program just detects my internal drive

>bargain bin
this drive was $70
>>
>>60878508
that's some big assumptions regarding what VNC is there, buddy

webm related, playing a simple game from my VPS (VNC over SSH), latency is around 50ms

>>60878643
you're using a voice system to talk to your friend anyway, right? why not use that for game sound?

FUCKING 4CHAN MY WEBM DOESN'T CONTAIN A FUCKING EMBEDDED FILE, SHIT
https://my.mixtape.moe/wjnyzf.webm
>>
>>60878596
Unfortunately that also didn't help.
>>
>>60878691
>MY WEBM DOESN'T CONTAIN A FUCKING EMBEDDED FILE

Did you download it from 4chan in the early days before the embedded file checks were in place?

If so, you might want to destroy it, and wipe the drive...
>>
>>60878715
Anon has probably produced 1,000$ worth of Bitcoin for someone since he downloaded that webm.
>>
>>60878715
no, i encoded it just then
i'm getting real tired of encoding things 10 times just to get one that works
>>
>>60878726
Isn't a single bitcoin worth hundreds if not a thousand dollars these days?
>>
my phone got stolen 2 weeks ago because I live in a lovely country, I'm tired of not having a phone so I'm buying one tomorrow, I've decided to go for a samsung galaxy J7 2016 because the J7 prime has a shit display and the extra RAM doesn't make it seem worth it.
is my logic alright?
what would be a good alternative?

sorry for bad englando
>>
>>60878763
>>>/g/spg
Next time install Cerberus so you can track your stolen phone.
>>
>>60878770
that wasn't the question.
I don't really mind either since it was a shitty samsung galaxy fame that I was using temporarily and it barely had any dickpics.

thanks though.
>>
>>60878806
No problem, still any mid end $150 phone should be good enough for most stuff unless you wanna a really good camera.
>>
File: Capture.png (53KB, 1910x937px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
53KB, 1910x937px
>>60878691
>you're using a voice system to talk to your friend anyway, right? why not use that for game sound?
Yeah lemme use Discord for game audio.... ps. if you didn't get it, I'm calling you a retard for suggesting retarded shit.

>>60878691
>that's some big assumptions regarding VNC

Ok! Let's do it. I went to the VNC website. it wants me to watch a video. OK! let's watch this vidoe cause /g/ user xXdipshit420Xx recommended it . I watched the video which told me next to nothing, so thanks for that recommendation retard, very helpful. I'm now giving them my email which surely won't put me on any market spam bullshit lists. So thanks again for that.

aaaaaaaaaaaand now I'm here after downloading a VNC

Thanks buddies. You're so helpful. I def want to remote control my computer from my own computer. this is DEF what I asked help for. Thanks so much! Also if the fps is shit beacuse it's pictures, why would I use this program that doesn't work over google hangouts? See? This is why I called you a fucking retard.
>>
>>60878821
>"the VNC website"
>"I'm now giving them my email"
>"remote control my computer from my own computer."
>"doesn't work over google hangouts" (wat)
i don't know how to help you, anon. do you have adhd?
>>
>>60878855
idk anon, you know anyone giving lobotomies? Can I get a referral so I can better understand your retarded fucking "use a knock-off of teamviewer for your video game anon, it'll be great" suggestion?
>>
Trying to figure PGP out

"Send an email to [emailaddress] for your purchase inquiries and pricing for license bundles. Please use this [PGP] key for all your emails and don’t forget to attach yours, preferably in a separate, PGP encrypted, zip file."

So how does this work? Do I send an email attached with a .zip of my PGP message and public key? Then whenever they send a reply, I use their key to decrypt their message?
>>
Do I need to install the Windows Automated Installation Kit to make my own Windows PE with custom drivers or do those builders take care of that? Is it hard?
>>
>>60878895
absolutely nothing in your post was specifically suggested to you
realvnc? discord? giving away your email? watching any videos?
you went off and did your own thing
it's very hard to help someone who makes so many assumptions
>>
File: 1497189327091.png (48KB, 336x280px) Image search: [Google]
1497189327091.png
48KB, 336x280px
>Which email domains won't ask for phone numbers or real names?
>>
>>60878699
Of course it helped, it narrowed down the problem.
>>
>>60879015

You could buy your own domain, use whois privacy and setup your own email server.
>>
>>60879044
I just want throw away emails that won't get disabled because 'hey, we want your phone number now'
>>
File: 4erect.jpg (38KB, 308x446px) Image search: [Google]
4erect.jpg
38KB, 308x446px
>>60878294
>>60878467
>>60878521
Okay so on a whim I thought my usb drivers must be fucked, so I went to device manager, right clicked on usb controllers, and selected scan hardware changes. I restarted the computer and voila both the external hdd and usb stick are working! Very odd, but at least I don't have to spend all night buggering troubleshooting.

Have a beer on me lads! Cheers!
>>
>>60878902
Nononono

>Person A shares their public key with Person B.
>Person B uses this key to encrypt a message and send it back to Person A.
>Person A then uses their own private key to decrypt the message.
>Person B‘s public key can be included in the return message or published publicly.
>>
Are there any really cheap mice that /g/ recommends?
>>
Is a wireless mouse likely to interfere with my wifi?
>>
>>60879134
not likely
>>
>>60879134
Yes.
>>
can i have Windows users in a domain with a linux domain controller?
>>
I have been a web"""dev""" intern for a year now. My internship was supposed to be only for the summer of last year. Anyways, I'm thinking of dropping out of college and devoting all my free time into learning more about my job. My bosses do not check if I am even attending college. Would this be a good idea? Or should I just keep trucking along because you need the degree?
>>
>>60879202
you need the degree
>>
>>60879202

Definitely get the degree.
>>
>>60876044
where do i get a licensed windows 7 iso to run in a vm?
>>
>>60876044
does anyone have either/both of these notebooks?
OMEN by HP (15-ax206ng)
Lenovo Legion (Y520-15IKB)
i can get both of them reasonably cheaper than less cringy non gamer notebooks but i can´t for the life of me tell how the quality of the hardware/general build/panel is
which one would be recommendable assuming the hardware is exactly the same
>>
>>60879432
>HP
>ever considering HP
nope, nope, nopenopenoepnoepnoepnoenieoeneonoenreonaoesadghjdhjfkd
>>
>>60879437
is hp really that bad?
i never had much contact with them so i am not aware of any glaring issues
>>
>>60879391
MDL torrents
>>
>>60879447
the only things any good are their really, really, really fucking expensive shit
because everything else got fucked after that woman CEO took over
>>
I was working on my laptop and a bead of sweat hit the inside of my laptop. How long should I let it dry before I try and turn it on? 24 hours?
>>
>>60879448
whats MDL stand for?
>>
>>60879457
you should wipe the area with clean water (to avoid leftover residue), then let it dry 24 hours
>>
>>60879463
mydigitallife
>>
File: dumbassme.png (4KB, 459x147px) Image search: [Google]
dumbassme.png
4KB, 459x147px
Beginner here. What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>60879504
not sure but don´t you have to add std::?
>>
>>60879492
Would isopropyl alcohol work too or is that bad for the inside of the laptop?
>>
>>60879542
i'm not sure
>>
File: 71OdCRi7gyL._SY355_.jpg (16KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
71OdCRi7gyL._SY355_.jpg
16KB, 355x355px
I am pretty fucking sure I remember some tablet from way before the yoga that used this cylindrical shape for one rim too, but I cannot remember its name and google only provides the yoga over and over again.
Anyone remembers what it was called?
>>
>>60879542
it should work fine
>>
>>60879038
That probably means I probably just installed some shit on my computer when I was downloading something else then.
>>
>>60879504
Been awhile since I've used C++, but I think all your doing is calculating the sqrt, not displaying the outcome.
>>
How would I view pictures and webm's I saved on my pc of por-CATS... how would I view pictures and webm's I saved on my pc of cats.. on from my iPad?
>>
>>60879448
>>60879502
what about these:
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

are those not full iso's?
>>
>>60879504
What's the problem? Do you receive an error?

It's worth noting you ended your print statement and are basically doing nothing with that squareroot calculation.
>>
>>60879504
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
float result = 0;

result = sqrt(9);
printf("Square root of 9: %f\r\n", result);

return 0;
}

Put "\r\n" at the end of your printf string. C doesn't add this automatically. If you don't do this, your output will just spew on a single line.
You have to explicitly tell C what to print, otherwise it won't output anything.
Look up how printf formatting works. The %f tells printf to insert a floating point number there, and the number used is the second argument to the function.

The arguments to main(int argc, char *argv[]) are:
argc - the number of arguments given to the program at runtime
argv - the array of "string" arrays of the actuall arguments.
>>
>>60879015
cock.li
>>
>>60879599
Try it, I don't use it.
>>
What custom css do you faggots use for this site? I want to change a few things but don't know how and want an example.
>>
>>60879706
just get oneechan
>>
File: 1482386837921.webm (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1482386837921.webm
2MB, 1600x900px
>>60879706
4chan-x or whatever plugin
write your own
>>
/technologically retarded/ here, is there a way to connect ethernet cables to a normal wifi router? I want an ethernet connection but all the good ISPs only offer wifi.
Never used wifi before by the way so I have no idea how this works.
>>
File: 34059873.png (333KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
34059873.png
333KB, 1920x1080px
>>60879706
4chanx + oneechan
>>
>>60879221
>>60879232
Well not the answer I wanted to hear, but it's better than making a mistake. I'll just use my free time this summer instead. Thanks anons.
>>
According to this: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1800X/3647vs3916

Intel is better then AMD at a lot of the single core stuff, but AMD blows intel out of the water with the multicore, aren't most systems today using multiple cores to do tasks?

Im wondering which to get

>inb4 hurr durr intel botnet
> hurr durr im a poorfag so go for amd
>>
>had one, weak-ish password for everything
>now have secure passwords, different ones for each service, including the email accounts I used for these services
am I (more or less) safe again now?

>>60879706
here's a great CSS, video has a link to a pastebin and previews/demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw2M8dXK6tc
>>
Lenovo e570

My speakers dont work but headphones do what do?

Have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers no change. Unable to boot a linux distro right now in case its windows
>>
Any recommendations for speakers? I don't have a budget but I don't want to spend shit loads.
>>
How do I get around the r e d d i t wordfilter.

I used to use Alt 0173 but it doesn't work anymore.

Please help.
>>
I didn't get an answer in the relevant thread so here it is.
When is the ethereum block chain sync supposed to finish? I try to set up a new account and it runs for more than a day now, the downloaded block data is over 21 GB and doesn't seem to stop. My internet is not that slow, should be about 50 MBS. How long should I wait?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-13-14-26-49.png (640KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-13-14-26-49.png
640KB, 1440x2560px
my dad wants to play metal slug on his phone using one of these mame emulators but he wants to play with a bluetooth controller
i connected mine to his phone but how do i setup the god damn controls?
plz help
>>
So, I have a laptop with Winbot 10 enterprise and Xubuntu on dual boot.
I want to change the Winbot 10 to Winbot 10 ltsb. Is it better to wipe the whole drive and reinstall everything from scratch or is there a safe way to install ltsb without touching the Xubuntu installation?
>>
What's a small program/utility for extracting pictures from a PDF?
>>
File: Capture.png (82KB, 1836x790px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
82KB, 1836x790px
I have 2 WD Black 1TB drives.

Total space on each is 931 GB, and I have the same files on both, but on one they occupy only 770 GB and on the other 830 GB.

Both drives are formatted as NTFS, and they contain the exact same files.

Why is size on disk smaller on D?
>>
>>60881149
windirstat
>>
>>60876044
Is the poor meme true on here? I never see anyone talking about the Lenovo X1 Carbon but it apparently has good reviews. Anyone here have one?
>>
if i installed steam onto a backup drive, say a hdd, instead of my main sdd. do all the game install automatically install to the hdd now? just installed something and couldnt be bothered to check what folder it went to
>>
>>60876400
hire a pajeet
>>
>>60881303
You have to define where the games go. Not sure if it defaults to the install location of the program itself.
>>
/g/

I am really confused.
So I have my Switch setup pretty wonky but it works.

So to explain what's going on you'll need to understand the setup:

I have my Switch's HDMI going out to an HDMI to VGA cause I have an old VGA monitor that is alright and it just works. As for the sound, I have it going thru an aux cord down to my 2nd computer's mic off the top of the Switch. When I plug it in and play, I can this square sounding buzz coming thru. I tested it on a normal HDMI TV (It's not my TV and I never go in the living room when my step dad is in there). I didn't get the static out of it. So to make sure it wasn't the aux port on my Switch, I plugged the stereo directly into my Switch. Found out, it wasn't the issue.

So I think it's the HDMI to VGA. I have concluded my issue

>OK anon, what do you need help with then?

Why does that happen? Are they running at different voltages that is messing with the Switch's dock causing the square sound to come out? I tested it also with my headphones/bluetooth speaker (aux in), and got the same thing.

If anyone has a possible answer I thought it would be /g/
>>
Is there a way to make my pc forget all USB devices? Everything I plug in it thinks is an iPhone. Would I be able to just plug everything back in after this and have them work?
>>
Just fucked up my internet connection.
Cannot see Wifi or Ethernet tab in my Task manager.
What do?
>>
>>60877536
Kek
>>
Anyone here have a G4? What's a decent ROM for it that isn't LineageOS?
>>
I'm starting my first programming job tomorrow and it's C#. I've never touched C# but have tons of experience in Java. Will I do fine as I am?
If not, what's a good crash course site I can read up on today?
>>
>>60881607
Sorry, Moto G4
>>
>>60881088
>>60881088
>>60881088
guys
guys please
>>
>>60877536
microsoft removed it because it was autistic
>>
>>60877372
Slow scan of HDD takes forever.
Nothing extraordinary.
Unless you have SSD or chose quick scan there's nothing wrong.
>>
File: 20170613_223007.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170613_223007.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Alright this sounds dum, but I have recently noticed that my mouse might have a scratch on the sensor? If I shine the light form the mouse you can see a black line in the middle. Tried getting a q tip and clean any dust in the in the sensor with no difference. I am I going crazy or is this a problem?
>>
>>60881826
Is there anything wrong with the tracking?
>>
>>60881862
I couldn't really notice until anything worng until I saw today. It's a Logitech g400s btw
>>
>>60881898
Well if your tracking is fucked up it's time to replace it
>>
File: 1456453067271.jpg (41KB, 551x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456453067271.jpg
41KB, 551x720px
>>60881911
How would you be able to really accurately measure tracking? Do Logitech even make g400s anymore?
>>
File: 1497210579139-qa.jpg (4MB, 4000x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1497210579139-qa.jpg
4MB, 4000x2988px
Where can I buy a desk similar to the one in the pic related?
>>
>>60881951
Nigga it either works fine or it doesn't, draw some shit in paint or something, try to make straight lines or circles
>>
>>60881985
Ikea, local furniture stores.
>>
Why is the Internet so slow now? When I first got broadband in the early 2000s I was blown away by how fast pages loaded. Now, we seem to be back to dial up tier page loading speeds and web browsing performance and frankly it's ridiculous. The hardware I'm using is exponentially faster than the hardware I was using then. My internet connection is also exponentially faster yet browsing the web is like treading through molasses at times.
>>
>>60882158
The web is now bloated as fuck nowadays. It's not just simple html pages anymore man.
>>
File: 1471156733405.jpg (205KB, 673x604px) Image search: [Google]
1471156733405.jpg
205KB, 673x604px
Anyone know a good, cheap network card that has drivers for Windows 10?
>>
>>60881623
pls reply
>>
Is there any real difference between the k70 Lux and k70 Rapidfire mechanical keyboards?

I was intending to purchase the rapidfire but I can get an RGB lux with the same switches for 10 euro more.
>>
thought of something /g/, how the fuck does Google/youtube have that much storage to use? I just did some math and a 12-hour video is 102GBs if it's around 720p, if it's 1080p it's likely a lot higher.
So if it's NOW on youtube, no longer streaming and saved to it, cause we all know there are several people doing it, WHERE the fuck do they have that much storage? They have to have several million petabytes there. If data is this cheap, why is it not to the public?
>>
>>60882598
it's not cheap, dummy. they just have a shitload of money.
>>
I've left my RX 570 to mine overnight, it's been at least 10 hours of straight mining, it's synced and showing 20Mh/s(undervolted the card)

I've set up a pool with
https://ethermine.org/

Pretty sure I got the .bat file right since it started mining, but my wallet still shows 0 when i
geht attach
eth.getBalance(ethminer)

Shouldn't I have something by now? 1/10000th of a coin at least?

Never got into mining
>>
>>60882625
Well obviously it's cheap enough for them to do it. I heard a rumor that we maybe writing on diamon soon.
>>
File: aixtron_machine-375x500.jpg (36KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
aixtron_machine-375x500.jpg
36KB, 375x500px
what's the cheapest CVD machine i could get that will let me make my own CPU?
>>
what's the best alternative to Photo on Windows 10? I uninstalled it because fuck why not but now what I can use as an alternative? (no notepad)
>>
>>60882647
I've been mining ubiq, a fork of ETH and my 3hr avg is 37MH (Nvidia 780+970).
I get a couple of coins a day, but payouts sometimes take a while to process.
If your pool has a page for monitoring (work completed) I'd check that rather than your actual wallet. I didn't get my first payout for about a day and a half
>>
>>60882733
Notepad?

Just use Ifranview, I absolutely hate windows 10 photo, it cuts off images. I want something that works exactly like windows 7 photo but can't find anything like it, Ifranview controls differently
>>
>>60882598
a bulk order of a mere million bucks can probably get you a metric fuckload of space

looking at current retail prices (damn they're a lot cheaper than last time a looked), it around $100 for 4TB, or $25 per TB, so even retail a million dollars will get you 40,000 TB (40 petabytes!)
>>
>>60882598
Google has $100 billion of yearly revenue, sure they can afford some hard drives

Plus, IIRC they were using scrap hardware when they were starting out, and they still probably do
>>
>>60882773
Well I know about bulk (I goto sams!) and if they can do it that cheap, why can't they sell it as cheap? I read that a company is working a diamon hard drive. Suppose to be able to keep way more data.

>TFW you will never live in the decade of owning a phone with a PB storage.
Then again, phones are able to shoot at 4K so maybe.
>>
>>60882815
yeah i saw their story, pretty interesting.
>>
>>60876299
Kek. Try this you fag.

https://youtu.be/tvC1WCdV1XU?list=PLAE85DE8440AA6B83
>>
>>60876299
Why the hell people keep looking for videos on programming?
Read a book you fucking nigger
If you can't read, you won't be able to learn how to program even in BASIC, because MSDN is in text form, not in a video form
>>
Where can I find an apk for the contacts app from lineageos? My stock one is so fucking slow.
>>
Does anyone know how to remove CPPFLAGS when compiling a program, specifically Firefox? Using export CPPFLAGS+= works fine when adding them but export CPPFLAGS-= results in an error. I'm trying to get rid off -fno-omit-frame-pointer and replace it with -fomit-frame-pointer.
>>
>>60876544
Hows life as a freelance autist? I tried a productivity timer before and I didn't really get into it.
>>
The RX 580 I am selling on Ebay is auctioning for $370.

Is that good enough or should I go for the green?

XFX 4GB GTS XXX model btw
>>
>>60882975
What about books on tape?
>>
>>60876854
>intel

There's your problem.
>>
>>60883058
What are you on about? That's like twice what you'd get. Do you even have any feedback?
>>
>>60883102
It's not an intel specific problem.
>>
Can someone recommend me a good Chrome extension for reverse image search on multiple services at once?
>>
Is it okay for my PC tower to be on it's side?
Installed my new GPU and it had sag so i've decided to lie it on it's side
>>
>>60882975
Not him, I'm totally capable of reading but hate reading books. I'm a visual learner.
>>
>>60883253
then you're gonna have a hell of a time, because programming is not a visual (as in non-text) activity
>>
>>60883241
Mine has been on its side for months.
>>
Housesitting for my friend while he's on vacation, not going to be back for another week but had to have his dog put down last night after it suffered a stroke. Should I tell him about this right away? Or wait until he gets back so I don't ruin his vacation?
>>
>>60883271
>implying I'm a beginner programmer
>implying I didn't learn programming via school and youtube tutorials

Programming and reading walls of text are entirely different things.
>>
>>60883289
Just replace the dog with a thinkpad and it's like he will never notice
>>
>>60883289
wait
>>
>>60883289
>killing your friend's dog
Hes gonna have a shitty time when he comes back.
>>
I'm about to build a new computer because my old one died.
Salvaging wasn't really an option because most parts were already quite old.

However I'm not too sure whether I should build and use it now, or after I'm moving away from here.
Transport is not an issue but it's more so the fact that the place were I currently live at, we have like 3 or 4 other computers connected to the same router.
They're all using cracked versions of Windows 7 and one of them has a lot of virusses on it because the person that owns the computer isn't very smart and she doesn't pay attention to what she's installing.

Could this possibly fuck up my computer in a way because I'm connected to the same router? Would it be better to wait until I move to my new place in like half a year and build it then?
Or are there ways I can isolate my PC / prevent my PC from getting infected being connected to the same router as all the other PCs?
Or is this not even possible?

Looking forward to reply
Sorry for my bad English, I try my best
>>
>>60882991
It seems the Contacts app is located in /system/priv-app so you can't just install it like any other app which is probably why the APK isn't available.

I uploaded it here but yeah since this is /g/ you don't have to trust me, just trying to help you though.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=32019949943265676110

Download it and extract it then launch a terminal/command prompt from within the folder and run
adb root
adb remount
adb push Contacts /system/priv-app/
adb push ContactsProvider /system/priv-app/
adb reboot

Some important things:
1. It's probably a good idea to check first so the directories don't exist (you can use adb shell, then ls /system/priv-app | grep Contacts). If they do exist you should back them up by issuing adb pull /system/priv-app/Contacts and adb pull /system/priv-app/ContactsProvider.

2. Freezing your current Contacts app is probably a good idea.

3. Keep in mind that since the identifier is different your data will be stored in another location thus you'll need to migrate all the contacts.
>>
>>60883319
>implying you cant just factory restore it
>>
>>60883253
That's really your time to waste so whatever

But every 20 minute video is something that fits in a paragraph which takes a minute to read
Lectures only make sense when they're LIVE and you can ask a question
>>
I'm new to ffmpeg. Say I have a 100 videos in one folder that I would like to extract the audio out of, how would I do this in ffmpeg?
>>
>>60883345
Factory restore won't help when they reconnect to it afterwards right? Or do you mean my computer?
>>
>>60883362
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ffmpeg+batch+extract+audio
>>
File: Costco_Logo-1.png (17KB, 507x146px) Image search: [Google]
Costco_Logo-1.png
17KB, 507x146px
https://www.costco.com/concierge.html
Anyone have experience with Costco's return policy on laptops? I'm going to give a W10 laptop a shot. Is the 90 day return policy voided if you activate windows?
>>
>>60883374
>build computer
>get your sisters computer HIV

>move out
>factory restore
>her aids no longer plague your computer
>???
>>
>>60883389
Just ask Costco?

As far as I know W10 has support for activation that's non-transferable (i.e. has no key) so it shouldn't really void the return policy since you can't return the laptop and keep the license

But just ask Costco support
>>
>>60883347
>split screen into 2 windows
>put on 2.0X speed
>follow along with tutorial
>type while listening/watching
>???
>profit
>>
>>60883011
Optimization flags is not a toy
>>
>>60883322
Holy moly, thanks a lot! I'll try and see later since I'm at work now. Yeah, I know that most of those spps require flashing since that's why there's no apk. thanks again
>>
I'm asking here because i think this is where i found it.

There was this chrome extension that was basically just a blank page and you could write notes on it, just courier-style text.

Anyone know what it is?
>>
updating ffmpeg with homebrew always overheats the shit out of my computer

is there any way to throttle the cpu usage in homebrew?
>>
>>60883319
Don't worry about it. Just make sure your shit's up to date and disable file/printer sharing. Maybe throw comodo firewall on there. And scan the fuck out of any flash drives you share.
>>
File: 1411905585410.jpg (18KB, 264x246px) Image search: [Google]
1411905585410.jpg
18KB, 264x246px
>>60883426
Talking to people is kinda scary though.
>>
If I bought a PS3 controller on eBay for $24 did I most likely get diddled with a cheap Chinese fake? Didn't even know that was a thing before I bought it but now I'm hella worried. Seller is located in the US and said he'll take it back no questions asked if I'm not happy, but it did take a lot of prodding for him to even say that he's sending me an official Sony controller in non-vague terms (though he did eventually do so) and he admitted he's dropshipping it from a supplier in Maryland.
>>
>>60883402
Aye but I would like to start playing some new games and I have to create accounts and stuff so when my PC will be infected from the start, I might just wait a little irght?
>>
>>60883389
I doubt it'll be an issue. OEM Windows licenses are tied to the motherboard anyway, so it's not like you activating it will fuck over the next person that buys it.
>>
>>60883426
>>60883506
Also, what's the deal with the no key thing? Being told laptops don't come with Windows stickers anymore. If you had to reinstall windows 10, do they ask you for a key or serial # or anything? Or is it tied to your Microsoft account?
>>
>>60883488
Hey, so I just update Windows 10 everytime an update is available, disable folder and printer sharing and that'd be enough?
I might check into comodo firewall but I'm always a bit hesitant on using these kind of software programs outside of what Windows has in it.
I won't share any flash drives.

Thanks for your quick and helpful answer :-)
>>
>>60883533
It's tied to your motherboard. The sticker thing was an archaic system.
>>
>>60883389
>I'm too much of a pussy to call them up and ask
This is why I hate my generation

>>60883506
Holy shit are you seriously? WTF is your problem? Grow some damn balls. If you can troll on the internet, you can call up a place and ask them a 30 second question and get done in 30 seconds.

Seriously, you're one of the biggest reasons why I fucking hate my generation with a passion. How is talking to someone scary? Give me 1 good reason why?
>B-but what if they say something mean
You faggots over analyze everything.
>>
>>60883554
If you're using windows 10 you should be fine. Comodo is great, but usually overkill. And 3rd party firewalls tend to be a pain in the ass to use, just because of all the rules you need to set.
>>
Is there anywhere I can ask someone to help me with some jquery code?
Stack overflow has a few answers on the subject at hand so it would just be marked as a duplicate. I don't want to have to learn the language for this one time I need to do something.

I have two working functions I need to put together in jsfiddle but I don't understand the syntax enough to do it myself.
>>
>>60883608
>implying shitposting on the internet is the same as talking to people irl
>>
>>60883608
i have the same problem and i'm curious which generation you're referring to
and i also don't really troll, even here where i can easily disown any post i make, i have a hard time posting something that could attract negative attention
>>
My 4TB of storage is soon to run out. I am moving toward building a home server, but until that happens a little later this year what should I start investing in as far as solid HDDs? They will be intended to be long-term storage.
>>
>>60883608
Ehh, don't make fun of it
Anxieties are usually a result of continuous negative experience
I used to be like that and it's pretty hard to overcome
>>
>>60883630
Thank you, so to make sure: My computer and data will be completely safe and not possible to get harmed when I'm using an updated version of Windows 10 and I disable folder / printer sharing once I finished installing it the computer, despite being connected to the same router?
There's a NetworkHDD here too, could that harm if I don't copy anything from or to it?
>>
File: 1392904738829.jpg (107KB, 257x503px) Image search: [Google]
1392904738829.jpg
107KB, 257x503px
>>60883608
SEE
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I TALK TO PEOPLE
>>
>>60883608
Not liking to talk to people on the phone is a thing. Some people get over it, some people don't. Everybody's problems and reactions are different. They've studied kindergarteners and found that some people are born experiencing much more anxiety/emotional impact from interacting with others. Shit that is easy on some people might be hard wired to make others a nervous wreck, and require 10 times the effort to overcome. Different personalities and dispositions need different coping mechanisms and advice.
>>
>>60883686
there's a bunch of ways you can go, depending on budget and needs

do you have a backup system? will this be your backup system?
what kind of performance and redundacany do you need?
>>
>>60881623
>>60882505
;___;'
>>
>>60883660
If you can take the time to take 2 minutes to shit post, what's going to hurt talking to a human being? This is what I have told people over and over, while people troll, there are still people will get pissed off at it they can find you or if you piss off the wrong person, they will end up kicking your ass

>>60883684
Good dude, that's what matters. If you can be nice on the internet, and nice in real life, do it. I get why you have that fear, but just stop caring SO much what people think of you. I do youtube and vid.me and I got over it and I have a lot of fun. You will figure it out as long as you keep pushing yourself.
Millennials

>>60883702
I'm making fun of the person, not the anxiety. I have anxiety too. I've had anxiety attacks. But the issue is that so many of us now live practically on the internet and don't socialize anymore in real life. There is no real "anxiety," if you think there is you've never truly socialized.

>>60883743
You did literally nothing wrong. You shouldn't feel like shit.

>>60883744
I do agree to a good bit of that, however the issue lies with the parents not trying to help them, not push them and make them understand it's not the worst thing in the world. Instead of trying to make it work, they pander to it and find a new means of it. "No Billy, you don't have to goto school today. We will let you stay home!" And you know what happens to Billy? He turns basically into Butters on South Park. He turns into a truly pansified dumbass who will whine about not having a GF, not having a life, not having friends and do you know why? Because he's too "scared" to go out and talk to them cause now all that shit that has happened, he now has a fear of confrontation.

Now ask yourself something anon, do you see yourself as that or is that good at all?
>>
>>60883791
not many people have respect for people who get jobs they're not qualified for while we struggle to find jobs we are qualified for
>>
>>60883805
Its easy to say senpai, but for people who have social phobias talking to strangers doesn't fly so good.
>>
>>60883824
Back in the 90's I could understand that when it was a lot less common, now we have people wanting a mental disorder for no reason. I have a friend who basically wants to have a disorder so he can be basically a special snowflake.
>>
File: 1462971315057.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1462971315057.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
>>60879658
sugoi sugoi
arigatou sutooranjiyaa san
>>
>>60883819
aww ;_;'
>>
>>60883805
>just stop caring SO much what people think of you
i understand this, and i am trying to, but it's not easy
>Millennials
doesn't really mean much, there's no concrete definition for it
i'm 27, which may or may not be millenial, depending on who you ask
>>
>>60883786
This will be my backup proper. Right now I have an onboard "catch all" sort of drive because I noticed my media drive failing in CrystalDisk and I have one external as my "off-site" but it's not going to cut it very shortly.

Budget isn't a huge issue. I'm not so tech savvy that I'm going to make it into some crazy seedbox or giant server rack, but I do want to use it as something that's remotely accessible and will have the power to be a media server.
>>
>>60883865
Millennials are between 1984-2004 but some have stated 1997.
>>
>>60883805
>But the issue is that so many of us now live practically on the internet and don't socialize anymore in real life. There is no real "anxiety," if you think there is you've never truly socialized.
That's really some nice armchair psychology there

>I do agree to a good bit of that, however the issue lies with the parents not trying to help them, not push them and make them understand it's not the worst thing in the world. Instead of trying to make it work, they pander to it and find a new means of it. "No Billy, you don't have to goto school today. We will let you stay home!" And you know what happens to Billy? He turns basically into Butters on South Park. He turns into a truly pansified dumbass who will whine about not having a GF, not having a life, not having friends and do you know why? Because he's too "scared" to go out and talk to them cause now all that shit that has happened, he now has a fear of confrontation.
Lmao, dude, just stop, you're borderline retarded yet you're trying to somehow diss people based on their issues
>>
>>60883805
It's easy to think you have all the answers, because you've found something that works for your problems.

>There is no real "anxiety," if you think there is you've never truly socialized.
Absolutely disagree. Some people are more successful than others in overcoming it, but it's fully possible to experience crippling anxiety no matter what your social experiences have been. And your attitude can make things much worse if you hard line it with the wrong people. There's a reason psychiatrists don't have "Just toughen up!" printed on their doors. I think it's great when people are able to stretch their horizons, but taking a demeaning, aggressive tone about it, and minimizing their struggle, definitely isn't helping.
>>
File: 1479330499689.jpg (119KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1479330499689.jpg
119KB, 680x1024px
how does bitcoin wallet work when its generating private keys for some address

1. there is no global data about who owns what wallet
2. you can start a PC offline, never connected to internet, run wallet, and generate yourself wallet with private keys
3. to that wallet you then send from anywhere coins and they are there accessible by you and your offline private keys
4. preventing the fact that two people could get same address is done by having gargantuan pool of addresses. More than there are atoms in the universe.

But how does the wallet generate the private keys for some chosen wallet?
Or is it other way around? First they generate private keys and that means some random wallet is tight to that?
>>
>>60883732
The networked drive would not be accessible with sharing disabled, so you're good. Nothing is 100% guaranteed to be safe in digital security. If a world class hacker decided to hack his way directly from your sister's computer to yours, he might be able to. But modern OSes are designed to be pretty resistant to network attacks, so you should be good. If it really bothered you, the paranoid measures would either be comodo, or putting your computer behind its own router.
>>
Where is a good place to learn redux and redux form in addition to the documentation?
>>
>>60883926
I admit I'm not, but everything I'm saying is more-so on personal exp from what I'm seeing everywhere.

>>60883955
There is a difference between anxiety and social anxiety. Anxiety can come from all types of sources but when you don't put the effort into trying, you never get anywhere.

>>60884006
As one idiot I heard in the US once said "the US dollar isn't backed by gold but by people's faith" so we aren't worth jack shit.
>>
>>60884015
How exactly can I effectively disable sharing completely?
I'm a bit insecure about my own compuer knowledge.

I'll try comodo then, I have no option to get another router unfortunately.
>>
>>60883732
>My computer and data will be completely safe
No they're not. But the chances of getting intro trouble as long as you keep your OS updated and follow some basic computer hygiene rules are negligible, so you don't have to worry about that.

To be fair, your network is probably much less of a threat than sharing same space with your sister. If she'll decide to charge her phone off you PC while you're away, she might still give your computer HIV.
>>
>>60884125
She won't touch my computer, that's for sure.
What would you consider basic computer hygiene rules?
>>
What's a good 'professional' term to replace codemonkey with? Just saying developer for everything just doesn't cut it
>>
I've been using Puush through ShareX to upload screenshots and shit to send to friends, but its been giving me errors and stalling at 100% so I want to change.
What would you guys recommend I use instead?
I want to be able to:
-Upload shit without it being posted to the public
-Have it saved in an account
-Be able to upload other files and stuff like webms
-Not be restricted by upload limits
-Give only a direct link to whatever I'm uploading. Not linking to a page full of ads and shit.
I'm sure there are plenty of options in ShareX by default but I don't want to go through all of them one by one.

Would Google Drive do this? I don't know if it would share my account name or anything like that. I know one friend uses gyazo, but it looked limited to just images.

I guess multiple uploaders would work too if necessary since sharex does that automatically.
Thanks, and sorry if I typed that like a retard. I'm massively sleep deprived
>>
>>60884186
programming solutions generalist
>>
>>60884168
Well just don't run anything shady from sources you don't trust and use common sense

Downloads from official websites are in general trustworthy
Program on a MEGA link from 4chan is a gamble
Self-extracting archive called how_to_hack_bitcoin.exe is most likely a virus

Getting anti-virus today is a waste of time/computer resources
>>
Is this website legit for downloading games? Anyone use it or have a better alternative?

http://fitgirl-repacks.site/
>>
File: 61zCUQmDjJL._SL1000_.jpg (100KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61zCUQmDjJL._SL1000_.jpg
100KB, 1000x1000px
looking for a good/cheap tablet to read scans, is this any good?
>>
File: qBittorrent.webm (803KB, 1036x730px) Image search: [Google]
qBittorrent.webm
803KB, 1036x730px
>>60884493
qbittorrent?
>>
>>60884574
When ever i use search it will never add the file with the 'download' button i have to open a browser and get the magnet link that way.
Why
>>
>>60884574
holy shit I didn't know qbittorrent does all that. I use tixati.

Are those download links guaranteed to be safe though? kind of makes me anxious that I see reviews or the uploader
>>
>>60884603
anxious that I can't see** reviews or the uploader
>>
>>60884603
>>60884621
Do you have mommy hold your penis when you go piss?
>>
>>60884006
>more than there are atoms in the universe

How many zeros is that?
>>
>>60884627
>making sure I download from a reputable source makes me a pussy
don't want someone mining off my computer man
>>
>>60884640
Then take proper car of your system.
Scan shit before you install it.
>>
>>60884603
>Are those download links guaranteed to be safe though? kind of makes me anxious that I see reviews or the uploader
Obviously they're not. Neither are the links from any other warez sites because they ran by private groups that have no liability or reputation to uphold. Domain linked in >>60884493 didn't even exist until last fall
>>
>>60884093
I was trying to say it's the difference between 100% sure and 99% sure. Nothing is ever 100 except a permanent airgap. You should be fine either way though. You disable file and printer sharing under Network sharing center>Advanced sharing settings. You can also uncheck the box under your network connection's properties.
>>
>>60884671
>Trusting scans
>2017
>>
>>60884671
>>60884692
aight, i'm just gonna sort it by the most seeders and then download whatever crap comes up first
looks somewhat shady but i ain't no pussy
>>
Does Fraps kill game performance at all?
>>
>>60884311
Thank you for your recommendations, I'll make sure to follow these up.
So besides that and disabling file / printer sahring, is there anything I can do?
>>
How much space should I leave for Win 10?
Is 20GB enough?
Just want to have it installed for using internet baking.
>>
There is any way to add the media tweets of certain whores to my RSS feed?

I don't want to get into shitty twitter
>>
I have a 240GB SSD with 223GB, how much space should I leave free on it? I hear they start to slow down a lot when they get close to being full
>>
>>60884730
The point is if you pirate software you are most likely going to end up with unseen malware. That's just a fact. You can be cool with it or not.
>>
>>60884770
You're asking questions that have been answered already. You can use a limited account in windows, pick a DNS from norton or comodo. Run malwarebytes occasionally. Use firefox or chrome with ublock origin. If you want an always on AV, bitdefender free does a decent job.
>>
>>60885032
You can just not use the space. Some over-provision at the factory. If you want to leave 10-15 unformatted that's up to you
>>
>>60884836
With updates that might be pushing it. You might consider finding one of the versions of 10 that uses less space than usual
>>
I need a Win10 Enterprise LTSB N .iso to make a VS virtual machine. But I can't find it anywhere, pls help
>>
File: 1472314294009.jpg (36KB, 450x429px) Image search: [Google]
1472314294009.jpg
36KB, 450x429px
>>60884067
All I wanted was to see if I could survive without Windows Classic themed operating system, ya big bully.
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.