[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 31

File: 1494683129568.jpg (68KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494683129568.jpg
68KB, 800x500px
Old thread: >>60395542

What are you working on, /g/?
>>
>>60404110
Killing myself in c#

Also first for rust
>>
C + + 1 7
>>
C++(+)
>>
File: dlang_chan.jpg (139KB, 470x545px) Image search: [Google]
dlang_chan.jpg
139KB, 470x545px
Threadly reminder that dlang-chan is not dead; she's going to have her GC tumor removed (eventually); and she's super duper cute and easy to prototype in! Say something nice about her, /dpt/!
>>
Working on an IRC enabled bot that should constantly stream toprated games of a videogame or optionally search and find games the viewers request it to stream.
>>
Rust
>>
>>60404175
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F5uPLdMaJg
>open talk
>the guy introducing is the same as the last two (three, four?) years
>Alexandrescu still hasn't fired these unprofessional fucks
What's wrong with him? Is he oblivious to it or is he getting this good a deal on them hosting the conference?
>>
Recommend me somewhat interesting project to try out Rust, somethin at least little bit useful not fizzbuzz shit
>>
>>60404221
>or is he getting this good a deal on them hosting the conference
If I were to guess, it would be this, or he likes them for the some god forsaken reason. Either way, I understand your pain, anon: that shit's unbearable.
>>
>>60404273
a 3d maze generator.
>>
>>60404293
That sounds bit hard esp for first time rust user...
>>
>>60404327
Then maybe fizzbuzz is for you, champ.
>>
>>60404273
Command line unix file manager / fork of ranger
>>
>>60404366
That sounds OK, thanks
>>
best way to do multiple return in C?
>>
>>60404198
No.
>>
I want to learn C# for Unity but my brain is definitively not wired for anything like that.

And the documentation isn't retard tutorial enough for me.
>>
>>60404405
Passing pointers to the function.
>>
>>60404405
Pack your returns in a struct you've defined specifically for the function. And then on the calling site directly move the values out of the returned struct.
Gives the compiler the most room to move.
Using pointers to return stuff has problems with aliasing, can make code a lot slower.
>>
File: maze.jpg (74KB, 256x685px) Image search: [Google]
maze.jpg
74KB, 256x685px
>>60404327
Mostly talking about a text based multilayer maze.
So not a graphical 3d one but just a {X,Y,Z} one.
So something like the one in my picture.
>>
>>60404437
>Using pointers to return stuff has problems with aliasing, can make code a lot slower.
If you're not reading shit from the pointers, no it won't. However, restrict exists for all of your aliasing problems.
A struct is just another annoying type to worry about, and C doesn't really have a nice way to unpack them.
>>
File: programming_in_lisp.webm (387KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
programming_in_lisp.webm
387KB, 426x426px
/dpt/-chan, daisuki~

Ask your much beloved programming literate anything (IAMA)

>>60404405
None. Let the user manages that through the arguments.

>>60404358
Please, don't say that.

>>60404273
contribute to uutils
https://github.com/uutils/coreutils

>>60404175
>let's remove c++'s problems by adding ours.

>>60404110
Thank you for using an anime image.
>>
>>60404521
I told you to kill yourself years ago.
Why haven't you done it yet?
>>
>>60404411
Just jump into unity with the basic shit. Put a cube in and figure out how to change its color on keyless. Just Google your way through it. That's what I did 3 years ago and now I do it professionally.

Also I'm here if you really need retard help
>>
File: 1457364933964.jpg (22KB, 377x299px) Image search: [Google]
1457364933964.jpg
22KB, 377x299px
>>60404221
>>60404358
>>60404521
Who said that and why are you quoting it?
>>
Hey guys can you help with a little python problem?
I have a package that will contain multiple modules ('server' and 'client'), and structured it like this:

package
├── clients.ini
├── config.ini
├── docs
├── logs
├── Makefile
└── server
├── aes_auth.py
├── aggregator.py
├── clientsparser.py
├── cli.py
├── custom_http_errors.py
├── __init__.py ## This file runs the server
└── server.py

I cd into 'package' and use 'python -m server'. It runs fine, but when I quit it using ctrl+C I get:
/usr/bin/python: No module named server.__main__; 'server' is a package and cannot be directly executed

I have no idea where the error stems from really, I read the hitchhikers and the PEP on package structuring but I'm still lost, anyone have an idea where to start looking?
>>
>>60404538
The thing is that when I google features I want I find code that doesn't work at all or I don't know enough to take the parts I need/change it.

Or I don't find anyone who has tried making the same thing
>>
>>60404653
well what kind of stuff are you trying to make?
>>
I've only heard bad things about C. I don't mind spending a few days/weeks learning a language but I don't really want to if it's useless. Should I?
>>
>>60404465
Oooh i imagined like real 3d maze u know like in fps games, thats managable then haha
>>
>>60404726
you should definitively not.
>>
>>60404726
it's pretty useless if you're not getting very low level with it. if you don't see yourself working in any environment where C would be useful then there's no need to learn it.

Personally I would say learn a little bit and see if you need it from there.
>>
>>60404473
>C doesn't really have a nice way to unpack them.
The compiler does. If you pack them in a struct and assign the members of the struct to other variables the compiler infers that it could put those return values wherever you store your variables. If you pass a pointer the compiler simply does have less freedom to operate, regardless of restrict because it often can't be sure where they're pointing to. In the trivial cases it certainly can but in the not so trivial cases adding a pointer to the mix just adds one too many steps to the process and the Compiler says "fuck it" and does whatever it has figured out so far.

So if your only intent is multiple returns and not to work on memory in place (another common use for output arguments) making a struct is better.

I agree that having another struct in there is slightly ugly but how much of an issue is that really? Unless you name it confusingly I don't see the issue. If you use autocomplete of some form and you don't have a way to mark certain names as not valid candidates for autocompeltion that's an editor issue clearly. If you look at the code written this way I think it's better than having to pass an output argument simply because it's more explicit because a return is a one way thing and an output argument isn't necessarily that. Defining a struct at the top of your function definition isn't that ugly even. It's certainly more ugly than single return functions but it's better than output arguments.
>>
>>60404408
Yes
>>
File: cara_gee_theexpanse_2-4.jpg (87KB, 1179x671px) Image search: [Google]
cara_gee_theexpanse_2-4.jpg
87KB, 1179x671px
Someone give me a brief gestalt on generators in Python.

When the fuck would I use one of these?
>>
>>60404726
C is still used in a lot of places, especially open source software, and basically everything low-level. It wouldn't be an overstatement to say it's the foundation of modern computing.
If you don't know C, there is a seriously large swath of very important code that you will be incapable of reading and understanding.
Fucking just learn C. Don't fall for the rust-shills' memes.
>>
>>60404811
What a clueless idiot. Perfect /g/ type
>>
>>60404811
>memes
>>>/v/
>>
>>60404668
Basically inventory system, a collection system, and I need to have the meshes of items collected during a playthrough appear in a scene but without like being all in the same point passing through each others.
>>
>>60404845
alright try this.

for inventory, just start with a List, you'll need to import systems.generics (unless you're on 5.6 I believe its default import now). Just add picked up items to the list. Then look into using the unity UI system and basically just set up designated spots for the menu to pop up, and overlay thumbnails in the menu for the items the user has. You can go way more in depth and there are way better systems, but this is probably the most beginner.

collections obviously the list, and use colliders for pickups, if they shouldn't collide with them, set the "is trigger" checkbox on the collider.

keep a second list and every time an item is picked up, if its never been picked up before add it to the list, if it has been picked up before, dont add it. when you need to show them just go through this list.

Might have misunderstood you on that last one, so if I got that wrong try explaining it a little better.
>>
>>60404941
also there are plenty of tutorials on inventory systems, but they will vary in complexity. theres some made for RPGs and others made for simple display. search around you can definitely find plenty.
>>
File: why.jpg (26KB, 524x350px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
26KB, 524x350px
>>60404811
>It wouldn't be an overstatement to say it's the foundation of modern computing.
>>
>>60404941
>>60404963

I'll try looking up what you said. A friend told me I shouldn't need list for what I wanted but I don't know shit.

Anyway I need to search more. Thanks
>>
>>60405022
I mean, I'm more of an AI programmer (super shit with any GUI) but you'll almost always need some sort of list to track an inventory. You may not use List specifically. i'd run that by him though. He might be more knowledgeable in this area than I am.
>>
>>60404273
https://github.com/das-labor/panopticon.git
>>
>>60405072
>GPL V3
>GPL
Why would you want to ever touch that?
>>
Any good IDE/setup for rust?
>>
>>60405120
Eclipse has a rust plugin doesn't it?
>>
>>60405120
VS Code probably has a decent rust setup now.
But i think it actually has an "unofficial-official" IDE now.
>>
Why do people state C# is better then Java?
>>
>>60405247
Why does it matter? Something being better than absolute shit wouldn't really mean anything.
>>
>>60405247
Because they use windows.
>>
>>60405247
Yeah, it's a statement with no weight to it.
It's like saying a pile of horse shit is better than a pile of cow shit.
>>
>>60405247
Because it objectively is. You can argue about .NET vs JVM, but C# is miles ahead of Java. Mostly because the latter is too focused on backward compatibility and haven't improved in the past 20 years.
>>
>>60405247

The language itself is far better, but the ecosystem is another story.
>>
File: anal beads.png (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
anal beads.png
2MB, 2000x2000px
>>60405247
C# has a lot of syntax sugar that makes it pretty easy to write and get things done. Java has thankfully started to "catch up" with streams, but there's 20 pain points in one day if you're used to C# and you go to write something in Java.

In addition to the language itself, C# has a really fantastic toolset surrounding it. Depending on what you're trying to get done, you can spend a few minutes with C#, spend a few dollars in Azure, and have something delivered and hosted that Just Werkz™

Overall, Java isn't bad at all; there's many things it has going for it. Java has much better multiplatform support, even with the release and improvements to Mono and .NET Core, but overall using C# to accomplish tasks in a business environment is extremely efficient and easy.

I would say that I prefer C#, but I would not say that C# is objectively better than Java.

Anyone who says this is making absolutes without context.
>>
>>60405284
How much does Microsoft pay for one of these posts?
>>
I found best intellij plugin in the world!

https://github.com/cocuh/intellij-background-chibichara
>>
>>60405301
Did you even read the post you're responding to?
>>
>>60405301
about the same as oracle pays an intern to break java for the day
>>
File: xor_.gif (141KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
xor_.gif
141KB, 800x600px
I've been working on a logic circuit simulator. I still have some features to add, and there are probably some bugs I haven't found yet, but I think it's starting to work pretty well now.
>>
>>60405458
what'd you use to build it?
>>
>>60405458
Looks wicked.
>>
>>60405458
Why does it look like shit tho?
>>
>>60405458
To me this seems extremely pointless. You're running logic circuit simulators on logic circuits.
>>
Why is Brendan "Homo" Eich so bad at designing language?
>can't dynamically modify css class definition
>not multithreaded, dom functions are not required to be thread safe
>>
File: 1458588190310.jpg (37KB, 348x342px) Image search: [Google]
1458588190310.jpg
37KB, 348x342px
>>60405584
Full story? Where is this from?
>>
>>60405584
>>can't dynamically modify css class definition
what
>>not multithreaded, dom functions are not required to be thread safe
it probably wasn't made with big concurrency in mind
>>
>>60405600
>>>can't dynamically modify css class definition
>what

If there is css class
.red {
color:red;
}

In js you cannot just do something like

document.css.classes['red'].color = 'green';

That would change color in dom object that has class .red into green.
>>
starting out on some beginners' books for Python and Ruby, after being out of the professional IT gig for several years (in which i mainly used Oracle PL/SQL and Perl).

how pleb am i?
>>
>>60405584
>>60405600
>>60405637
Not programming.
Discuss this in >>>/g/wdg/
>>
>>60405498
BBC Basic, Brandy interpreter on linux.

>>60405506
Thanks.

>>60405516
I personally like how it looks, but anyway, it uses custom text character definitions to draw the components. It's limited to 8*8 pixels per character so everything ends up being pretty low res looking.
>>
>>60405653
go shitpost to >>>/reddit/
>>
>>60405637
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/CSS_Object_Model/Using_dynamic_styling_information

but i would add a class to the element instead and make a style rule for that
>>
>>60405668
>>60405680
Web "dev" discussion doesn't fucking belong here. There is a special thread for your kind.
>>
>>60405692
>bu.. b bu.. muh SAFE SPACE
use name so you can be filtered faggot.
>>
>>60405755
I'm not the poster you're replying to, but webdevs bring the most mundane, stupid shit to these threads. A lot of it isn't even real programming.
Go back to your fucking containment thread.
>>
>>60405755
>muh
Go be retarded somewhere else
>>>/v/
>>
Alright gee

How do I attribute an array position to a different array in another object? Using java btw
>>
>>60405808

I don't understand the question
>>
>>60405808
say I have int 8 in position 9 of array int x[10]

How do throw that into postion 2 of array int y[10]
>>
>>60405940
Meant to quote you >>60405817
>>
>>60405940

y[2] = x[9];
>>
>>60405977
That easy? wew

Nice dubs btw
>>
>>60405940
y[2] = x[9];
>>
>>60406002
You might need to read up on arrays some more m8.
>>
IO () is such a bullshit type. It can only take on a single value, denoted IO (), but no two instances of that value are equal.

Why is the real world so ugly?
>>
>>60406088
IO a is equal to IO b iff a is equal to b.
() is equal to ().
>>
Not a hater of C++, I actually want to learn it and respect people who know it. But like coming from Python, I just wanted to download the HTML contents of a webpage right?

In python it'd be be something like

import requests; content = requests.get(url).content

In C++, I had to do all this:

#include <curl/curl.h>
#include <string>
#include <iostream>

size_t fwrite2(char *contents, size_t size, size_t nmemb, std::string *s) {
size_t newLength = size * nmemb;
size_t oldLength = s->size();

s->resize(oldLength + newLength);
std::copy((char*)contents, (char*)contents + newLength, s->begin()+oldLength);

return newLength;

}

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
CURL *curl = curl_easy_init();
std::string s;

curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, argv[1]);
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION, fwrite2);
curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_WRITEDATA, &s);
curl_easy_perform(curl);
curl_easy_cleanup(curl);

std::cout << s << std::endl;
return 0;
}

Is this normal? To go through callbaks and 10 times more lines of code for something that's apparently not even memory safe?
>>
>>60406387
>Is this normal? To go through callbaks and 10 times more lines of code for something that's apparently not even memory safe?
That's because curl is a C library, you fucking dolt.

Also, yes that's normal for C libraries.
>>
>>60406402
But everyone recommended it for C++ as well. I guess there's a wrapper curlpp for offering C++ functionality, though not sure how much easier it is
>>
OOP > Functional > Procedural > Java-esque "OOP"
>>
>>60406429
I guess curlpp makes it more humane https://github.com/jpbarrette/curlpp/blob/master/examples/example01.cpp

So I should just stay away from C libraries
>>
>>60406429
>But everyone recommended it for C++ as well
Because it's relatively decent and up-to-date while other libraries that are equally up-to-date usually are proprietary and require you to use a restrictive license (as in, you can't use this for commercial purposes without paying us a gorillean dollars).

>I guess there's a wrapper curlpp for offering C++ functionality, though not sure how much easier it is
Depends on how well you like to deal with C.

Keep in mind that CURL strings doesn't play very well with C++ std::string because of RAII. You have undefined behaviour in your code.
>>
>>60406442
This makes no sense. "OOP" and "Procedural" are types, but "Functional" is a value of those types.
>>
>>60406466
>So I should just stay away from C libraries
No. That's fucking stupid.
Basically every library worth giving a shit about is written in C.
You need to realise that you're not working in some ultra-abstracted babby scripting language anymore.
import solution
soulution.run()

isn't going to work anymore. You'll actually have to learn how to program something.

I would highly recommend you stay the hell away from C++, though.
>>
>>60406480
>>60406511
Ok I think I'm quite out of my depth. I did an undergrad in CS for nothing cause I'm still a dumbass
>>
>>60406511
>""abstracted""
>>>/g/wdg/
>>
>>60405660
>BBC Basic
What a madman
Are you a britbong?
>>
>>60406555

did they not teach you Java at the very least?
>>
>>60406555
And that's why teaching python as a first programming language is a fucking mistake.
People become unable to reason about or understand anything behind the scenes.
>>
>>60406573
Yeah but that was easier (making a gaem) and it was a bunch of years ago. Since then I've just been doing python/data science/machine learning and now I'm seemingly useless
>>
File: 1460154349168.png (164KB, 319x354px) Image search: [Google]
1460154349168.png
164KB, 319x354px
>>60406604
>python/data science/machine """learning"""
>>
>>60404804
basically making anything iterable, with lazy evaluation
>>
>>60406646
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>60404804
when you want to read something too big. like a huge xml file. you can just read sections and then discard them instead of storing them all in RAM when you dont have enough. or when you read a live stream that keeps feeding information
>>
can anyone help me get this working? Using visual studio 2017 and curlpp through nuget package manager and have these errors when trying to compile
Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
Error C2491 'curlpp::Option<OT>::~Option': definition of dllimport function not allowed
Error C2491 'curlpp::Option<OT>::Option': definition of dllimport function not allowed
Error C2491 'curlpp::Option<OT>::Option': definition of dllimport function not allowed
Error C2491 'curlpp::Option<OT>::setValue': definition of dllimport function not allowed
Error C2491 'curlpp::Option<OT>::updateMeToOption': definition of dllimport function not allowed
Error C2491 'curlpp::Option<OT>::clear': definition of dllimport function not allowed
Error C2491 'curlpp::Option<OT>::getValue': definition of dllimport function not allowed
Error C2491 'curlpp::OptionTrait<OptionType,opt>::OptionTrait': definition of dllimport function not allowed
Error C2491 'curlpp::OptionTrait<OptionType,opt>::clone': definition of dllimport function not allowed
Error C2491 'curlpp::OptionTrait<OptionType,opt>::updateHandleToMe': definition of dllimport function not allowed
Error C2491 'curlpp::NoValueOptionTrait<option>::NoValueOptionTrait': definition of dllimport function not allowed
Error C2491 'curlpp::NoValueOptionTrait<option>::clone': definition of dllimport function not allowed
Error C2491 'curlpp::NotAvailableOptionTrait<OptionType>::NotAvailableOptionTrait': definition of dllimport function not allowed
Error C2491 'curlpp::NotAvailableOptionTrait<OptionType>::clone': definition of dllimport function not allowed
>>
>>60406604
At least try reading a C++ book or something before you give up. It's very obvious that you're just jumping into the language without knowing a thing about it.
>>
>>60406732
>definition of dllimport function not allowed
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7657552/definition-of-dllimport-function-not-allowed

Looks like you're trying to define these functions as external and also giving them a definition in code.
>>
>>60406571
Haha, yeah, I am. I grew up with Acorn computers so BBC Basic is a natural choice for me
>>
>>60406732
>>60406878
Added CURLPP_STATICLIB to preprocesser definitions and now I am faced with these errors. Forgive my ignorance, I'm sorta new to all this. I know get the errors:
Error    LNK1120    5 unresolved externals
Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol _curl_easy_strerror referenced in function _main
Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol _curl_easy_init referenced in function _main
Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol _curl_easy_setopt referenced in function _main
Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol _curl_easy_perform referenced in function _main
Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol _curl_easy_cleanup referenced in function _main
>>
>>60406742
I'm not gonna give up, but learning from books is just so slow when they keep going over syntax and focusing on overly detailed things I forget 5 minutes after. I wish there was a more practical approach idk
>>
>>60406939
Do you have the curl (not curlpp) library added via nuget package as well? It seems curlpp may have a dependency on curl that doesn't cause nuget to pull in the curl package automatically.
>>
Iv been doing code academy as Im a total newbie and want to learn java. I have no idea if its efficient way though nor what I should do afterwards.

Is there any resource for this stuff?

Also, how many hours does one have to study or write code till he can make a decent software or an app? 3 thousand?
>>
>>60407177
If you're a total newbie, I would use a more concise language.
>>
>>60407533
"concise" doesn't imply "non-shit".
>>
>>60407617
All programming languages are shit.
>>
>>60407676
In what way does this contradict what I said?
>>
>>60407766
It doesn't. You seem eager to pick a fight. Are you hormonal? Is this your time of the month?
>>
>>60407177
I don't know how good/bad code academy is, but I've started learning java on edx. There's a great 3-part course there, intro to programming with java or smth like that, from university of Madrid, I would really recommend that to anyone starting in this
>>
Took me ten minutes to make this /g/, how good is it?

public void carQuantity(){
int test = 0;
int total = 0;
Person x = null;
for(int i=0; i<ListD.size(); i++){
test = this.ListD.get(i).getQuant();
if(test>total){
total = test;
x = this.ListD.get(i);
}
}
if(x!= null){
System.out.println(x.name+" "+total);
}
}
>>
>>60407827
>this.ListD.get(i).getQuant();
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>60407827
>+" "+
I strongly disagree.
>>
>>60407792
I haven't jerked off in a long time. Sorry.
>>
>>60407979
All good my friend.
>>
>>60407827
Works/10
>>
>>60407827
>clusterfuck language with inelegant syntax
Get good kid
>>
Why are books so fucking expensive
>>
>>60408172

Because you get PDFs instead of buying them.
>>
>>60408189
but then I have to buy a tablet to read them
>>
>>60408217
One $80 tablet vs multiple $100+ books

hmmm
>>
>>60408230
>$80
perhaps in burgerland
>>
>>60408217
I'll give you a tablet if you love me senpai :^)~
>>
File: 1492839061317.png (766KB, 1120x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492839061317.png
766KB, 1120x1200px
>>60408283
ofcourse I love you anon
>>
>try to upload screenshot from glorious 5K iMac
>file size too large
lmaoooo
>>
>>60408374
Source?
>>
>>60408560
It's from my computer. It's only like 5MB too.
>>
>>60408622
Do you mean you wrote that story yourself? I want to read the full version.
>>
File: 1494802992271.jpg (93KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
1494802992271.jpg
93KB, 480x600px
I wrote a C program that scrapes 4chan for jpgs, pngs and webms
I wrote it using the libcurl library but I'm failing to break it up in to different functions
I think this is because of the library but I might be completely wrong
Anyone want to see if they can break it up?
>>
>>60408716
Oh, sure thing!

>>try to upload screenshot from glorious 5K iMac
>>file size too large
>lmaoooo on /dpt/
>>
I just graduated with my masters in computer science, and landed my first job. However it's programming in C# and I've never used the shit. What is a decent first project to do with C# to get a solid grasp on its symantics and familiarize myself with its libraries? I don't want some shit beginners tutorial, just a project idea so i can sit down with the documentation open and start working.

The position starts in July, so I have about a month. They're providing 6 months of training, but I want to go in already knowing.
>>
>>60408750
Goodluck with all that CP you'll download. Hope the fbi isn't onto you already.
>>
>>60408890
C# compiler.
>>
>>60408890

do you not know Java?
>>
>>60409015
I know java pretty well. I've done quite a lot of android development.
>>
>>60408278
Chuwi Hi8.

Ships from China, should be cheap anywhere.
>>
>>60409150

C# is that but all the names have changed, and you have a few additional timesaver features.
>>
>>60409150
>android """development"""
>>>/g/wdg/
>>
>>60408890
>masters in computer science
>needs to ask /g/ what a good project to learn c# with is
I think you need to get a refund.
>>
File: tfw no deriving (Monoid).png (19KB, 722x238px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no deriving (Monoid).png
19KB, 722x238px
looks like it's time to use -THAT-
>>
I have Python and C

What jobs should I be looking for?
>>
>>60409352
Probably some job which will accept people with a very low IQ.
>>
>>60407155
I do, it adds all the dependencies too. I think it might not be finding the .lib files correctly? A post also pointed to mismatched SSL or SSH library version, i forget
>>
>>60409417
Why is that
>>
Has anyone ever read Stroustrup's homepage and large FAQs on C++ style?

Why don't people write web pages like this anymore? It's so information dense and well presented with no web 2.0 garbage anywhere to be found.
>>
File: Dog-jent.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Dog-jent.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Which is of these 2 options is the better career path? Talking solely on an objective point of view, meaning taking into account pay rate, employment rate, quality of life, etc. Software development vs Computer Science? Also, I would like to know why YOU guys think one of these is better than the other. I am planning on choosing one of these 2 as my definitive career path, so hearing your opinion certainly helps.
>>
>>60409630
Do you like programming or do you like math?
>>
>>60409479

I've skimmed them, yeah. It's good stuff.
>>
>>60409637
I like programming the most. Although, I am working hard on getting my math up to snuff.
>>
File: 14574896753820.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
14574896753820.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>60409682
Is there anywhere I can read the full story?
>>
File: explain this bullshit.jpg (59KB, 471x694px) Image search: [Google]
explain this bullshit.jpg
59KB, 471x694px
>make project with a bunch of .h and .cpp files
>.h files are in "include" folder, .cpp files are in "src" folder
>copy them to new project
>set everything up the exact same way as first project
>get error when I write
include "File.h"

>have to write include
"include/File.h"

>never had to write it that way before

WTF
T
F

>>60409699
Here, I fixed the fucking code tags.
>>
>>60409722
But where is this from? Can you give me a link to the full story?
>>
>>60409651
I feel like I shouldn't shit on your parade, but CS and SE programs in schools are wildly unpredictable and may range from competent to utter garbage Oracle™ Certified™ JAVA™ EE™ Job Training, you get the whole gamut from programs that barely have any math, and programs that are all math and no computers.
And a lot of firms ask for a CS degree despite it having NOTHING to do with their job description.
99% of CRUD application development will never need a single smidge of CS-related math, EVER.

What are your goals?
>>
>>60409630
It is 100% based on what you're actually looking to do with it. If you want to be a code monkey or write cool software that people can use, software development is fine for you (this advice can vary depending on learning path). If you're looking to develop advanced algorithms and "reinvent" systems, or do game programming, or do anything with 3d graphics, or any of that sort of advanced stuff, you'll want to lean more towards computer science.

as someone that loves programming and now does games for a living, I regret getting a degree in computer science. The school I got my degree at put way too much on theory, and everything up to this point I learn 95% on my own. It wasn't worthless, but not worth 5 years of my life.

My first job out of college, I had a CS masters, and the guy next to me had an architectural degree. The employees just needed to see a bachelors on your resume and they'll give you an interview.

At this point in my career, I wish I had just gotten a history degree, but stayed steady on my programming in the meantime. Would have opened up a lot more opportunities early on for a lot less debt/time/frustration.

Just make sure to really look at what you want to do, and do that. Look into every aspect of it and make sure you still want to do it, but be ready to move on if you really feel like it.
>>
>>60409736
My goal is to actually create software. I always like the thought of creating stuff. So just for that reason software engineer sounds like a better option, however, I am also interested on what makes the computer "tick". By "tick" I mean knowing how OSs work, how to create them, stuff like that. I totally understand your point, that's why I am mainly studying on my own time(while also going to school). Any topic that my school fails to teach me, I can easily learn it on the internet. Honestly, the degree is the least important thing for me, I am mainly interested in the skills that I want to learn. I just want the degree so that companies don't toss my resume to the garbage bin at first glance.
>>
>>60409170
>out of stock
rip me
>>
>>60409822
Man, this is some solid advice. I really thought that you mainly needed a CS/SE degree to get hired by companies. As I told the other anon, I want to create "advanced" programs, to even "reinvent the wheel",and not be a regular code monkey. That's why I am currently reading about algorithms, and polishing my math. Anyways, hopefully I can get good enough to make programming my profession. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>60409722
Either they are not actually in the folder, just a pretend folder like C::B does, or your project already has the /include in a linker/compiler search directory.
>>
>>60409965
No problem, but don't forget that not all jobs will just want "some bachelors". A lot of jobs will require a CS bachelors, and if you decide to forgo that, those are positions you'll have to miss out on.

Best advice I can give you though, is always be building things. be building while you learn in class, be building while you're in the shower, build day and night. The only person that can build your portfolio is you. Don't worry too much about how things look, just make sure they're functional. Get yourself a website and show off some things you have made.

But also remember to take breaks to do other things. Hang out with friends, walk your dog, go to the shooting range. I dunno what you do. Just do things. your mind will need that time away to figure things out subconsciously. Your brain will do the work there, and you can use those activities to inspire your next project. You can't code 24/7, eventually you'll run out of idea. You have to get out and get more.

Just keep at it and you'll get there as long as you actually work at it. Can't freeload your way to the top.
>>
Is "summing the primes under 2 million" considered a trivial task?
>>
>>60410142
sum (takeWhile (< 2000000) primes)
>>
>>60410142
Yes. If you don't know how to do it already it takes about 5 minutes of researching the seive method and about 10 minutes to implement it.
>>
>>60410160
>10 minutes to implement it
It's literally 6 lines of code in Python.
>>
>>60410102
Anon, thanks a lot for the advice. It really shows that you have gone through a lot of experiences to get where you are. I definitely will take that advice on doing other stuff other than "coding". I get really frustrated when I don't "understand" something, or when I can't solve a problem. So yeah, taking my mind elsewhere will definitely help loads, as you say, my mind will solve it subconsciously. Again, thanks anon.
>>
>>60410230
Hey its a good general estimate. Just get those to my desk by 4:00
>>
hey guys i just found out about this site "twinstrangers.com" it lets you upload a pic of you and matches you with people who look similiar (statistically there are 6 strangers worldwide who look exactly like you) i wanted to try it out but they want money for it -.- could /g/ make a webiste like that but make it for free?
>>
>>60410439
Make one yourself pajeet.
>>
File: yukari_hoho.png (15KB, 153x177px) Image search: [Google]
yukari_hoho.png
15KB, 153x177px
>>60409292
>masters in computer science
>can't get a research position in industry
He obviously paid to go to grad school and never published anything.
Though desu without retards like him those who can actually do research like me couldn't make 50k a year by just sitting on their asses and read/write journals.
>>
>testing batch jobs that interact with hdfs
>1 hour feedback loop
kill me
>>
>>60410504
would not be here if i knew how to
>>
File: 1456444692459.jpg (57KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1456444692459.jpg
57KB, 600x450px
Has anyone here solved ~ P = NP yet?
>>
I'm learning Java syntax with 'Head First', meanwhile I want to make a simple film rating program with GUI, where I can input titles, ratings and posters and then to make it appear as a simple top list and change according to the input
>>
>>60411158

Good for you.
>>
>>60411104
N = 1
>>
>>60411174
Ideally I'd be able to make a functionality that would automatically copy links to the posters on IMDB based on the input title.
>>
>>60405247
value types
>>
File: Thumbs up_3.jpg (53KB, 638x425px) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs up_3.jpg
53KB, 638x425px
>>60401560
>he doesn't count arguments as the very first thing his program does
That... that actually sorted out my ailment of what to do when no arguments are given.
Cheers, condescending Anon. My code has become objectively less shit.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>

/*Simple drag 'n' drop C/C++/Java compiler caller*/

int main(int argc, char **argv){
if(argc==1){
printf("\nNo file given.\n");
return 0;
}

if(argc>2){
printf("\nWhat are you even trying to do.\n");
printf("Assuming first argument is the intended file.\n");
}

if(strrchr(argv[1],'.')==NULL){
printf("\nUnrecognised file type.\n");
return 0;
}

char fileName[40], output[80];
strcpy(fileName,
(strrchr(argv[1],'\\')==NULL
? argv[1]
: strrchr(argv[1],'\\')+1
)
);
char *fileExtension = strrchr(fileName,'.')+1;

*strrchr(fileName,'.') = '\0';

if(strcmp(fileExtension,"cpp")==0){
printf("\nCPP file detected.\n");
snprintf(output,
sizeof output,
"g++ \"%s\" -o \"%s\"",
argv[1],
fileName
);
}
else if(strcmp(fileExtension,"c")==0){
printf("\nC file detected.\n");
snprintf(output,
sizeof output,
"gcc \"%s\" -o \"%s\"",
argv[1],
fileName
);
}
else if(strcmp(fileExtension,"java")==0){
printf("\nJAVA file detected.\n");
snprintf(output,
sizeof output,
"javac \"%s\"",
argv[1]
);
}
else{
printf("\nUnrecognised file type.\n");
return 0;
}
system(output);
}

>4chan won't let me post from quick reply because the system thinks I'm automated spam
I'm a frequently-posting persistent autist and amateurish: I can understand the misunderstanding.
>>
>>60406511
>embracing accidental complexity makes me feel better than others
>>
>>60411104
>daily programming thread
>starts talking CS
Please remain on topic.
>>
File: ran_tewi_wink.png (82KB, 350x238px) Image search: [Google]
ran_tewi_wink.png
82KB, 350x238px
>>60411104
>~P = NP
For sufficiently small P yes.
>>
>>60411491
Beginning output with '\n'. Absolutely disgusting.
>>
File: anaconda.png (233KB, 1138x608px) Image search: [Google]
anaconda.png
233KB, 1138x608px
Thoughts?
>>
>>60411583
Use torch or theano.
>>
>>60411560
What is "small"?
>>
>>60411794
youre dick
>>
>>60411794
Yours.
>>
>>60411560
I am pretty sure it's supposed to be ~ (P = NP).
>>
File: I cant believe youve done this.png (49KB, 247x314px) Image search: [Google]
I cant believe youve done this.png
49KB, 247x314px
>>60411820
>>
Just got some thigh socks and spironolactone
where should I start on learning to program?
>>
>>60411273
What the hell is a "Value type"?
>>
>>60411865
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/articles/csharp/language-reference/keywords/value-types
>>
>>60411865

int a = 5;
int b = a;
b = 4;
System.out.println(a); // 4

You copy the value, not a reference to it.
>>
>>60411902
I don't visit government websites.
>>60411926
How is that a "Value Type"? The word doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense.
>>
>>60411964

public class RefType {
int a;
}

public struct ValType {
int a;
}

RefType refType1 = new RefType();
refType1.a = 5;
RefType refType2 = refType1
refType2.a = 9;
// Now refType1.a equals 9

ValType valType1 = new ValType();
valType1.a = 5;
ValType valType2 = valType1
valType2.a = 9
// valType1.a still equals 5

>>
What does /g/ think about Ruby? I find its minimalistic syntax very pleasing.
>>
>>60404110
Combining and modifiing some tools to make a proper OSINT suite for personal use.

Any hints on that? Also I can't put creepy to work properly anymore.
>>
>>60412077
what the fuck is this? Dynamic scoping?
>>
>>60412132
It's an insult to any intelligent programmer.
>>
>>60412205

come back when you've learned C kid
>>
>>60412228
Elaborate. No meme answers.
>>
>>60412373
>meme
Mind fucking off?
>>
>>60412373
>Some may say Ruby is a bad rip-off of Lisp or Smalltalk, and I admit that. But it is nicer to ordinary people.
-- Matz
>>
>>60412418
>ad rip-off of Lisp or Smalltalk
And that should tell you a lot considering how shit Lisp and Smalltalk are.
>>
>>60412452
Wahhh! People use languages I don't like!!!
>>>/trash/
>>
>>60412471
This is a bad argument.
>>
>>60412418
Mind giving some concrete arguments?
>>
>>60412652
It literally was not designed and the ideas they stole, Matz implemented poorly.
>>
>>60412692
>stole ideas
You can't be serious.
>implemented poorly
Again, can you give one (1) example?
>>
>>60412418
>But it is nicer to ordinary people.
So it's nicer to non-programmers. Why are we discussing it here?
>>
>>60412791
Before you are a programmer, you were a non-programmer. It's a gateway language to programming.
>>
File: 1424846396553.jpg (65KB, 665x662px) Image search: [Google]
1424846396553.jpg
65KB, 665x662px
>program crashes
>start debugger
>program doesn't crash
>>
>>60412819
Who the hell are you quoting, retarded frogposter?
>>
>>60412791
Fuck off with this elitism bullshit.
>>
Simultaneously learning C++ and relearning Java. Kill me.
>>
>>60411926
this prints out 5 fuck you for making me check
>>
>>60412812
Only if your idea of a gateway language is something which inevitably cripples anyone who learns it and way it does things(especially at an early stage).
>>60412847
You can fuck off to some other thread if you don't want to discuss programming. Or better yet, to some other website where people seriously use "elitism" as an argument.
>>
>>60406387
Where the python code can fail in ways that are difficult to diagnose, the C++ (or really just C in C++) is more explicit. Yet, that is still short without all the error checking you should be doing.

If you think that's verbose, try initializing a vulkan context with full error checking. Wanna draw pictures? Well, not for another 800 lines.
>>
>>60412847
Ruby babby pls
You are bad, Ruby is bad and you should feel bad. Faggot.
>>
>>60412847
I always knew ruby was for lesser programmers but this is just embarrassing
>>
Why did I use Matlab when Fortan 95 exists?
>>
>>60412885
>ask why Ruby is bad
>no answer received, 'its too nice, why bother discussing it'
>you don't want to discuss programming

Do you have a brain cancer?
>>
>>60412939
I don't know, why did you?
>>
Guys i live in a country with 20%+ unemployment rate, i applied to 50 job applications and received a single call back, devops junior

Problem is, i have no idea what devops even do in the company. Googling basically says it's a culture, not just a company subsection or something like that. It also says its goal is to increase the productivity by automating tedious jobs in the company, which lead me to believe that devops job differs from company to company.

Can anyone explain to me in little more detail what that job looks like, i can't fuck up this opportunity, i have lifelong disease (which they don't know about) and this is pretty good company
>>
>>60412934
>>60412938
Not an argument.
I don't even use Ruby, I considered learning it but thought that asking /g/ for valid critique first was a good idea.
>>
>>60412949
If you're not quoting anyone, please stop typing in a retarded fashion.
And please learn the way replies work on this website. You're not necessarily talking to the person who said that.
>>
>>60412939
Why did you use matlab at all?

>tfw function overloads mean manual validation of arguments

Also, why use fortran for anything? Just use C or C++.

Seriously, fortran is just a meme language and is still lingering for the same reason we still had COBOL in the early '90s.
>>
>>60413006
Why would you be asking about Ruby in a thread about programming? Obviously the other thread will be more knowledgeable about it since their (your) kind usually deals with that stuff more often.
>>
>>60413032
Ad hominem. Again, not an argument.
>>
>>60413005
>>>/g/sqt/
>>
>>60413005
obviously it depends on the company but typically devops = development + operations

development = writing software
operations = deploying said software to servers, restarting stuck servers, installing stuff onto said servers, etc
>>
>>60413019
>meme
>>>/v/
>>
>>60413066
>Ad hominem
Are you genuinely retarded? Learn what that word means before using it.
Your reasoning is flawed if you seriously think people in a programming thread should be knowledgeable about something other than programming.
>>
>>60413082
I understand that but it puzzles me what devops people do, programmers write code, admin set and deploy servers, once they both start working, what's there to even do?
>>
>>60412939
the thing you need to keep in mind about matlab is that it is, at least, calling into the correct linear algebra libraries, because the best implementation of even basic algorithms like matrix multiply is highly non-trivial

if you're correctly using the same libraries then no, you don't need matlab
>>
>>60413019
>Use languages without proper arrays instead of Fortan
Right
>>
>>60413082
>>60413104
Not programming.
see >>60413068
>>
>>60413096
>Ruby is a dynamic, reflective, object-oriented, general-purpose programming language.
Ruby is clearly a programming language.
You, instead of answering my question, dismiss it claiming that is not worth being called programming language, hence I should not ask about it in the first place.
>>
>>60413104
devops people both write code and do admin work. there are no solitary developers and operators. some companies think this is better than having separate teams for developers and operators. for example, developers might write code that has a heavy operational burden without knowing, but in a devops world developers are acutely aware of the operational cost of their code because they themselves are responsible for it.
>>
>>60413150
It's not a stupid question either

And every /dpt/ is filled with shit, to be honest
>>
>>60404110
Wtf, I have that book.
Haven't read it yet though.

Is it good?
>>
>>60413152
>Ruby is a dynamic, reflective, object-oriented, non-programming language.
By your reasoning this is also true.
>instead of answering my question,
I can't answer questions on the subjects I'm not knowledgeable about. The only thing I know or care about is programming, which Ruby isn't.
>hence I should not ask about it in the first place.
Asking about it in a place which is focused on programming is pretty retarded.
You might want to check out >>>/g/wdg/ if you really care about getting your questions answered.
>>
>>60411826
Savage!
>>
>>60413202
>Wtf, I have that book.
How did she obtain that book then? Are you lying?
>>
>>60413104
so like at my university the deployment is a large cluster of computers, with slightly strange hardware (only slightly), that is administered by a batch scheduling system. meanwhile, the users are all computational scientists, who know matlab or python well enough, but don't know dick about hardware or distributed computing

so there's like 6-8 guys whose job is to
> make sure the resources are being efficiently utilized
> teach the programmers how to efficiently use the resources
> keep downtime to a minimum
and very often what will happen is that some major lab will need to do a big project that requires them to own a set of resources with special characteristics (e.g. 10 new-ish machines with GPU and infiniband interconnects), but they don't know dick about provisioning those or how to deploy their shit, so they end up needing a lot of hand holding

i have no idea what your job would look like but that's what it looks like here
>>
>>60413177
But how do you prepare for such interview, i'd have to know both programming in java/c#, win server, linux server, scripting, deployment, that's impossible
>>
>tfw I use too much loops in my cl
>>
>>60413220
Wow, you're opinionated, that's for sure. Why is Ruby not a programming language then?
>>
>>60413240
you said it's a junior position, how many of those skills did they actually request?

obviously you need to know some things to get the job but if you need to know literally everything it's not a junior position
>>
>>60413271
Loop is fine.
>>
>>60413284
>Why is Ruby not a programming language
It is not in the set of programming languages.
>>
>>60413346
That's what I thought.
>>
>>60413336
Problem is they said i need only basics of OOP, server basics and scripting basics

Shit, that is so vague, it could mean anything
>>
>>60413346
VILE PLATONIST
>>
>>60413451
I am pretty sure the set of programming languages is computable.
>>
>>60413338
Yeah, but they're half of the values for let bindings, which itself runs another loop in the &body.
>>
Rust is just
>>
>>60413733
Yeah, I've written a bit of code like that too. What are you working on?
>>
>>60413786
Rust is injust. The Rust developers are the real fascists.
>>
File: bowden.jpg (6KB, 198x255px) Image search: [Google]
bowden.jpg
6KB, 198x255px
>>60413831
There's nothing wrong with fascism. Nothing wrong with it at all.
>>
>>60413831
Who is not a fascist?
>>
>>60404538
You work on Unity professionally? I'm stuck doing ASP.NET webdev stuff and tho miscellaneous backend stuff, nearly full stack, but I want to do something else. When I was a kid I always wanted to make vidya. How can I switch over? Is unity the most in demand or should I learn something else. I kind of miss C++ and being closer to the hardware, desu.
>>
>>60413882
lenin because he's deeeeeeead
>>
>create myObject pointer
>have function that returns Object pointer
>call function, set myObject equal to return value
>use myObject for whatever I need it for
>later
>need new Object with different values
>use same myObject pointer, set it equal to different function that also returns Object pointer

Is this a bad idea?
>>
>>60404726
C is easy and is the mother of most modern languages. The concepts you'll learn are universal and the syntax is nearly ubiquitous except for functional languages and Python's spacing
>>
>>60414011
>Is this a bad idea?
You could have just said "pointer" once, and then the answer is "Yes."
>>
>>60414024
>C is easy and is the mother of most modern languages.
That must be why most modern languages are shit.
>>
>>60414011
>Object
>Is this a bad idea?
Yes.
>>
>>60414042
How are you jumping to that conclusion?
>>
>>60413798
4chan ncurses client.
There is so much dependency on multiple dynamic values, like scren size, how much posts to display (which depends on length of posts), that I just have to keep some global variable and loop through it a lot.
>>
>>60414086
Are you using cl-charms then? I've heard it was a pain to use.
>>
File: 123456789.jpg (307KB, 1023x1007px) Image search: [Google]
123456789.jpg
307KB, 1023x1007px
>>60414061
>>
File: 1492987801054.jpg (98KB, 1080x749px) Image search: [Google]
1492987801054.jpg
98KB, 1080x749px
>>60414061
>implying he is wrong
>implying we wouldn't be better off if LISP had won
>>
>>60414137
No, croatoan, cl-charms is garbage and fails at what should be a working program.
>>
>>60414201
Lol, well thanks for confirming that. I'll have to look into croatoan.
>>
>>60414192
Lisp is equal to C.
>>
why is everyone in /dpt/ such a dick
>>
>>60414235
Welcome to 4chan.

Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>60414235
You put a bunch of autists in a room and you expect everything to be perfectly fine?
>>
>>60404613
Can I bump this? Really lost here
>>
Webkit browser for framebuffer with tabs, video acceleration, adblock, possible mouse support too
>>
>>60414024
>C is easy
no
>>60414024
>is the mother of most modern languages
no
>>60414024
>the concepts you'll learn are universal
no
>>60414024
>and the syntax is nearly ubiquitous
no
>>
>>60414380
>no
Yes.
The rest is correct though.
>>
>>60414235
because /dpt/ is just insecure manchildren who need to lash out at someone because they are afraid to stand up to people in real life
>>
>>60414449
>real life
>>>/r/abbit/
>>
>>60414456
>>>/p/lebbit
>>
>>60414456
lol
>>
File: C language influence.jpg (66KB, 298x871px) Image search: [Google]
C language influence.jpg
66KB, 298x871px
>>60414380

>>C is easy
C isn't harder than Java or C#. All you need to understand is memory.

>>is the mother of most modern languages
>no
See pic

>>the concepts you'll learn are universal
>no
See pic

>>and the syntax is nearly ubiquitous
>no

Even Rust looks a lot like C. Iterators, method chaining, lambda are built on top of a syntax very close to C.
>>
If I cout a pointer, and it says 0xe, that means it's a nullptr, right? I'm creating it and calling a constructor but it keeps crashing when I try to call a function on it.
>>
>>60414832
nvm fixed it lol
>>
best book for linux kernel development? i saw a good one but it was for v2.6...
>>
>>60414740
50% of the listed languages are irrelevant
meanwhile, SQL, Ada, Erlang, Elixir, Ruby, Python, etc. are not based on C. Languages like Swift and Rust have basically 0 similarity in terms of experience that you can transfer.
>>
>>60414832

it's very close to a nullptr so it's probably a nullptr that's been badly cast
>>
File: 1476899775627.png (114KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1476899775627.png
114KB, 320x320px
>>60415073
>tripcode
>>
>>60415073
>Elixir, Ruby, Python
All trash.
>>
>>60407841
What is wrong with that specifically? Seems to get the job done
>>
>>60415152

You're using a shitlang that doesn't overload operator[].
>>
>>60409303
This is actually one of those cases where dependent types could make this a lot easier. If you know at the type level that you have two lists of equal length, you can just define monoid multiplication of the lists as zipWith of monoid multiplication on the elements.
>>
is it lin-ux or lie-nux?
>>
>>60415225
I used used generics (GHC generics) and the generics deriving library
>>
>>60415239
Not programming.
Fuck off to your containment thread.
>>>/g/fglt/
>>
>>60415239
Not even poofy brits say "lie-nux".
>>
>>60411583
It won't want none unless you got buns, hun.
>>
>>60414832

nullptr is address 0.
0xe is address 14. Still invalid, but not null.
>>
What do you guys think of Java 8?
>>
new thread:
>>60415320
>>
File: me.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>60415239
>>60415265
lie-nux sounds more natural to my finnish ears but then again i also prefer jif over gif
>>
>>60415305

It's pretty good. Nowhere near as good as C# but it learned a few tricks.
>>
>>60415343
well jif is correct.
and if you goo from Linus, itd be "lee-nux". But youd sound like a faggot.
>>
>>60415141
Elixir and Ruby are better than C/C-likes
all used by industry as well
>>60415096
>I don't like what you said but can't find a flaw in it
>>60409303
what is the definition of your Env? looks overly complicated tbqh
>>
>>60415641
>Elixir and Ruby are better than C/C-likes
In what way does this imply that they are non-trash?
>all used by industry as well
In what way does this imply that they are somehow relevant?
>>
>>60407827
shit
public Person personWithMaxQuantity() {
return Collections.max(this.ListD, (p1, p2)->p1.getQuant()-p2.getQuant());
}
>>
>>60415944

Lambdas make my dick hard.
>>
Apart from terser/more readable code, is there any difference in C++ between a static function with a parameter for the object and a nonstatic-function with implicit this-paramater?

You should know this.
>>
>>60416052

Nonvirtual as well, of course.
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.