[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 38

File: 7.jpg (71KB, 550x875px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
71KB, 550x875px
best irc client for android?
>>
I'm dabbling in seo for the first time to help a friend out with his restaurant. How do I choose keywords?

I'm building it on wix and it has an seo tool that analyzes keywords for "strength". So I just put in some of the most popular menu items as keywords. Is this basically useless or should I choose some hyper specific terms that like the business name, or "pizza [city of restaurant]" instead of simply "pizza"?
>>
>>60297479
HoloIRC
>>
what is tetris game's logic?
>>
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and to take a screenshot you have to swipe your hand across the screen to take a screenshot. Is there any way to change how you take a screenshot? Can I set it to something different?
>>
mysql index question: if I have a WHERE clause with more than one field should I have a composite index that includes all of them?

thanks in advance.
>>
File: wat.jpg (9KB, 212x221px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
9KB, 212x221px
Looking for a piece of software that can add text to PDFs. I tried LibreOffice but all fonts get replaced, which results in a messed up PDF.

I just need to add some text. Not remove anything, not move anything around.

Help pls
>>
File: wpid-86-touge.jpg (195KB, 666x490px) Image search: [Google]
wpid-86-touge.jpg
195KB, 666x490px
Which phones have best cameras? Preferably nothing too expensive.
>>
>>60298252
Home and Volume Up.
>>
>>60298623
If it's an editable form, Adobe Reader will let you do that. If it isn't one, Xournal will let you bring it in and overlay text and images on it.
>>
>>60298951
Sadly it's not an editable form.

Xournal looks exactly like what I need

Thanks a lot!
>>
File: 1467370087073.png (546KB, 1263x893px) Image search: [Google]
1467370087073.png
546KB, 1263x893px
Will change the label of a SSD/HDD after being labeled as "new disk" for a year affect the software installed/paths, something?
I mean, I know you can fuck up by changing drive letters, but what about the label?.

Thick awoo ass as a present.
>>
>>60299088
I NEVER had issues after renaming a partition/hard drive label as long as I can remember

works fine, no software should rely on it
>>
I'm going to run two commands monthly in cron. On Debian Wheezy, will there be any surprises using this?
SHELL=/bin/bash
@monthly echo hurr > /some/file && echo durr /another/file
>>
>>60299143
make sure
/another/file
contain the full path, or put a
cd /home/wherever &&
in front of it
>>
>>60297479
some months ago i started working at this company and they recently started changing our dell laptops to top of the line macbook pros. since i got one of the newer dells they don't plan to replace it anytime soon, but it just sucks and on top of everything it's running w7.

i recently had a couple BSODs that i tried to take advantage off, but the IT people say all they can do is reinstall w7. is there any way i can force (or fake) actual hardware damage without being too obvious? i really want to get rid of that slow piece of shit.

tl;dr: how can i fake bsod's on a w7 laptop or inflict hardware damage inconspicuously?
>>
>>60299187
tell the IT guy you'll suck his dick for a mac, faggot.
>>
>>60299088
what source owo
>>
>>60299213
quit projecting your sexual insecurities on others, retard
>>
>>60299187
>tl;dr: how can i fake bsod's on a w7 laptop
Fuck with the audio drivers
>>
>>60299290
wouldn't they log that kind of stuff from the domain controller?
>>
Guys, whats the maximum secure system/OS that you can think of ? I need a os where nothing can be spied on, everything entering and leaving is encrypted and just to be safe from everyone. Is such a thing even possible ?
>>
>>60297479
Who's the girl?
>>
File: ohjeeze.jpg (26KB, 278x253px) Image search: [Google]
ohjeeze.jpg
26KB, 278x253px
What are some good and free server box providers for prototyping server applications? If I were to get a box for personal use, how much would I pay? I'd essentially want a box that I could host a database on, maybe have an MVC for user friendly communication between database and devices interacting with server box, html front page to make use of my domain, et cetera. My ideal is just to have a server where I can put my scientific data into an sql database. Then have the server connected to a few devices around my house and have some kind of functionality. Finally, I'd create a small personal app or web page where I could control my devices and server remotely.
>>
>>60299315
Hey, you said you wanted a fast blue screen without blatant damage.
>>
>>60299417
i appreciate it, but i also said without being obvious
>>
>>60299169
Well, I guess it's fine then. Thanks.
>>
File: kbHbbMj.jpg (137KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
kbHbbMj.jpg
137KB, 700x900px
I have an audiophile question

I'm looking for a new audio setup for my battlestation.

I have a XLR condenser Mic, but I want to add new monitor speakers and headphones.

Would an audio interface be what I'm looking for, or is there a different device I can be looking at as recording isn't a dire need.

The only functionally that I'm looking for is a way to easily swap between speakers and to headphones
>>
>>60297479
>2017
>implying you need IRC so much that you want it on your mobile device
>>
How do I paste without formatting in Android? It seems to want to paste in RTF, even if RTF isn't actually supported in the app I'm pasting in.
>>
File: Untitled.png (40KB, 713x680px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
40KB, 713x680px
Been confused lately about how AMD lists their drivers like this, is the top one an incremental update that requires I install the lower one first? Or can I just update straight to the newest one on top? Why is it so much smaller?
>>
>>60299763
The top one contains everything, driver plus that AMD driver settings thing, Relive, Wattman etc..

I don't know exactly why "Radeon Software" is listed twice (old version?).

Minimal setup probably contains just the display driver and nothing else.

So either nr. 1 or 3.
>>
File: MDP2DPMMX.C.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
MDP2DPMMX.C.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
Why is display port so fucking shit?
>>
>>60297479
who is

>she
>>
so i dont have any writing permissions on my partitions if i boot into linux after shutting down windows
this doesnt happen if i restart from windows
any solutions to this fuckery?
>>
>>60300415
re-mount it with read and write permissions
>>
I want an iphone but im to poor so what other options out there iphone like phones?
>>
>>60300522
but why does it happen
I would like to avoid it completely
>>
>>60299386
There are no good free server providers. But you can find some good deals in the sub 5usd/eur range. What country?
>>
>>60299916
user problem
>>
7.1 surround sound headphones, gimmick or any good?
>>
File: logo.png (4KB, 202x32px) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
4KB, 202x32px
Do they still do the 99 cent mousepads?
>>
Is this kill?
What are some Linux programs that are able to do surface read tests?
>>
>>60300986
>>
irccloud
>>
>>60297479
Those have to be fake
>>
>>60300904
I already got mine so no fucks given.
>>
WTF is a private tracker?
>>
>>60298623
You could import it into GIMP, add the text, then export it as a PDF.
>>
>>60298832
>best camera
>nothing too expensive
Pick one
>>
>>60299386
Free servers are a joke. But both Linode and DigitalOcean have very good $5/month offerings with datacenters around the world. Linode is a little better at 1 GB RAM, 1 CPU, 20 GB Storage, 1 TB Transfer/month. DigitalOcean is the same except 512MB RAM which would still be enough for your purposes.
>>
>>60299742
No way that I know of.
>>
>>60299916
It's not.
>>
Really dumb question here, but say I want to format my computer. It suggests a back up, which I started doing forever, but couldn't I just copy the only files I actually care about to an external hardrive and copy them back? Seems like a no brainer to me, but Im bad with tech so maybe there is a reason for backing up I am not aware of.
>>
>>60301342
Yes
>>
>>60299763
The one on top(17.5.1) is the newest driver.

The one in the middle is the older driver(17.4.4).

And the one on the bottom is a web-based installer that will download the newest drivers from their servers when you execute it.

Just use the newest one listed on the top.
>>
What is the best file duplicate searcher for windows 7?
>>
How much do Nvidia drivers on Linux suck?
I want to choose open source drivers for stability, but will proprietary ones have that much more performance?
>>
>>60301383
They dont
nouveau is dog shit
>>
>>60301386
How are AMD drivers? Both proprietary and free.
>>
I'm the time traveler to be again, my time is running out I have just a few days left. How do I go about learning to program a computer in the 90s? I'm a tech newbie, for people like me today there are websites and videos on YouTube nowdays but I'm going to the 90s, so what do I do? How does one learn programming back then? Please tell me step by step if possible.
>>
>>60301399
Both are shit
nvidia is really the only choise
>>
>>60301003
You could do the SMART long test which tests the entire thing instead of the short test. Not sure if that is available from the UI, might have to use the command line.

I've had good luck with the badblocks command which does a read/write test of all blocks on the device. Read some docs though because it has a destructive and non-destructive mode: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/badblocks#read-write_Test_.28non-destructive.29

It's not free, and it runs off of FreeDOS, but I highly recommend SpinRite. It's works some miracles on drives from me before.

That said, if your drive is dying, it's dying and no command will save you.
>>
>>60301409
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>60301342
That's what I do. Many people are too stupid to know what is important or where it is stored.
>>
>>60301383
Never had any issues. The only thing is if you are using UEFI/Secure Boot, you have to turn on OtherOS mode because the binary blobs aren't signed so the kernel won't load them
>>
>>60301202
It a bittorrent tracker. The tracker is what keeps tabs on peers(users) for a torrent. Public trackers sometimes suck ass, or let in copywrite holders that will log everyones IP and send out notices to your ISP. Private trackers are members only.

DHT has fixed a lot of the old issues with unreliable trackers, but the copywrite trolls are still lurking.

I don't use private trackers, I just use a VPN. It seems only hollywood stuff will get you a takedown notice, and only if you seed it for a while or spend a entire day downloading it. If your quick you might get out clear. Depending on where you live your ISP might not care. It doesn't seem like anime copywrites are enforced at all. Especially when no one in the US even owns the writes to it yet(no dubs out yet).
>>
Would like to learn about bluray burning and scanning, but haven't used optical media for well over a decade.

Where can I learn about it in detail?
>>
>>60301496
What is this "physical media" of which you speak?
>>
>>60301443
Isn't it customary to just disable Secure Boot?
>>
Please help me /g/.
How did the people who today are the top brass of IT companies learn programming in the 90s?
How did one get Linux back then? We're they easy enough to obtain that a moron with enough money could buy it?
>>
Is it worth buying a MLC SSD over a TLC SSD if I want to use it for the OS? Don't give a shit about gaming.
>>
easiest & cheapest way to get windows 7 without pirating? will win7 ever be free (no cost) to use?
>>
>>60301443
Googled for OtherOS, is this a PS3 thing?
Just found out windows 10 doesn't let you turn off secure boot, what the fuck.
>>
Hey /g/ please please help me.
Can you explain me how exactly could one learn programming in the 90s?
>>
File: wtf.jpg (456KB, 2413x1584px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
456KB, 2413x1584px
How the hell do I know what drivers to download? This is the first time I've built a PC and when I go to the website to update my mobo's drivers I get a big list of various drivers. Should I just download them all?
>>
>>60301598
No, technically operating systems from 20 years ago are still not gratis even though they are easily obtainable online and microsoft doesn't care about sites illegaly hosting ISOs
>>
What browser should I use instead of firefox on Ubuntu? Is firefox considered still good now days?
>>
Can I intentionally corrupt a file just to test muh ZFS to see if it's picked up in the next scrub?
>>
I'm having this weird problem with VirtualBox VMs.

I install crunchbang and update it so I can install the guest addons, but after a restart of the VM, the cursor freezes and I cannot type to login.

Though, root rescue is possible but can't get into GUI mode.

What should I do? I enabled 3D acceleration but nothing happened.

Note that I installed VirtualBox through the .run file because the one in the package manager is old as fuck.
>>
>>60298382
Yes, however that index will only be used if you reference both of the columns in the same query. If you had another query that looks at only one of those columns, that index would not be used.
>>
Is there a way to block internet access for certain apps like Candy Crush so my family members coming over would not play that shit in my house on their phones?

It would be easier to not to give them access at all but I can't do that.
>>
>>60301819
Dont use an antiquated os
>>
>>60299334
This depends. If you want to use and compile a version of linux that you have read the source code for, then maybe. Even then, unless you live in an opaque faraday cage, someone might be able to see what you're doing.
>>
>>60301853
Well it happens on other OSs too for some reason. Should I just install xubuntu and try it on that?
>>
>>60301850
Not without deep pack inspection.
Just dont let them on your network
>>
>>60300882
post model
>>
>>60301869
Alright, thanks anon!
>>
linux/unix md5sum question. I have a file, I copy it to a new directory and suddenly the md5sum is different.

Why? Does md5 take into account meta data of the file? (atime etc)
>>
Can you install linux on a droid 4 phone?
>>
>have gentoo and a few other distros on my ssd >have a 1tb HDD with a 750gb partition for storage
I plan on using the remaining 250gb to install windows. Could it still overwrite the ssds bootloader this way?
>>
>>60301707
Look at what you have and compare names.
>Should I just download them all?
Absolutely not.
>>
>>60301707
Download drivers for whatever isn't working, common culprits are ethernet, usb, audio, motherboard wifi. If everything's working for you you don'r ereally need to download any drivers, don't install what you don't need.
>>
File: .webm (778KB, 628x112px) Image search: [Google]
.webm
778KB, 628x112px
Didn't find a Stupid Corporations Thread so I'll post here.

Did anyone find a solution to this cancer that changes the position of the google search tab buttons?
>>
>>60301941
if the linux distros are on the SSD and you want to put windows on the HDD, then no it will not delete your bootloader. It will install MBR onto the HDD. When you boot, you will need to choose the second hard drive as the boot device.
>>
>>60301995
That's what I thought. Thank god.
>>
>>60301962
It changes based on what you type in.you are looking for a gfx card so shopping moves closer.
This is working as intended and there is nothing you can do to change it
>>
I got offered an iphone 6 16 gb silve with glass screen protector and a black protector without charger and earphones for 250 dlls the phone looks pretty clean but she says theres something on the screen that cant be noticed with phone pictures so i have to check that out in person

if that detail happens to be something super minor that i dont care is a good deal? i can buy a generic charger for like 2-4 dlls so thats not a big deal

or should i just save 500 dlls for a brand new iphone 6 32gb silver in the apple store? im kind bored of waiting and saving money (and i expect one more month of savings until i reach the 500 dlls)
>>
>>60302026
It's working as THEY intended, not from a user perspective.
When I search something the layout should stay the same so I know where to click.
What's next? They start moving around right as I start hovering above them so I can't click on them?

Is there no grease script to FIX this broken non-userfriendly interface?
>>
>>60302040
buy a cheap flip phone
>>
>>60302062
you're be fanatical over absolutely nothing.
>>
>>60302040
buy a normal cellular phone
>>
I am trying various DE of ubuntu. i have tried the unity, gnome, xfce and kde. i do not like the gnome and unity. my options are xfce or kde. i heard a lot about xubuntu and i like the xfce DE it comes with. but i just installed kubuntu on the virtual box and now i do not know why people do not like kde. so my question is

is kde not preferred simply because it uses high amount of resources ? i am running linux OSes on Virtual box and free Vmware as well. i can see there is some difference in performance. the performance is not my main problem. i have a decent laptop and i think i can make it work. so why would people not like kde above the others. is it more prone to crashes and freezes than xubuntu? are there some programs that run on other flavors of ubuntu that cannot run on kde and vice versa?

i just would like to know the benefits of using or not using kubuntu and xubuntu. i am also a programmer who has not had much experience with linux except to program. so i like the fact that both kde and xfce offer a lot of choices for customization. but i believe kde has more choices. isnt that a good thing. the more you can do without going to console and write commands tha easier it is to switch over from windows.?
>>
>>60302075
This is a total opposite of user-friendly interface, stop defending something that is broken.
>>
>>60302089
But it isnt.You're being sjw over absolutely nothing.
The nano fraction it takes you to read the tab isnt worth getting butt hurt.

Dont use google
>>
File: 1469422781454.jpg (16KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1469422781454.jpg
16KB, 238x192px
Simple image combiner? Not smart enough for paint.net, krita, GIMP, etc. I just want to combine 2 or more images horizontally or vertically.
>>
>>60297479
Pls don't post pics of fatties on my board.
>>
>>60302086
I was in your position. I eventually chose debian, which ubuntu is built on. You can then choose kde, xfce, whatever you please. I prefer xfce because its minimal. Enough for browsing internet and command line everything else.
>>
>>60302101
You're not helping, thus stop replying to my posts.
Stop using sjw in the wrong situation, stop breathing.
The nano second it'd take Google to fix their shit would waste less time for everyone.

This is a major problem and if you search for the problem you'll find out very fucking easily that it's a major fault on Googles end because there's hundreds of posts and threads about it.
>>
>>60302125
>hundreds of people
>hundreds of millions of people use google every day
>hundreds
>100
Its a non issue.Im sorry you're fucking autistic and cant read new tabs that show relevant information pertinent to your search query.

Dont use google.
>>
>>60302148
You that daft that you think EVERY FUCKING person that has a problem makes a thread for it?
>autistic
Stop outing your conditions in /sgt/. You can blog those things elsewhere.
>>
>>60302169
If it was SUCH AN ISSUE more people would be bitching about it.But only those as autistic as you are.

Dont use google,no one is forcing you to use google. It is setup how THEY want it,it is THEIR project and they will do as they want.Dont use google.

Keep having your little tantrum on a no name anime imageboard on the internet.

Dont use google
>>
>>60301930
It's supposed to only use the contents of the file, not any metadata. If you diff the two files, do they show differences?
>>
>>60302190
There is no search engine that have as many results.
Shut the fuck up manchild, keep using your GoGoFuckYourself search engine with 1% of the content in it.

Is autist your favorite word just because you suffer from it?
Have you considered mental help from /b/ you seem to talk like them, so go back to that place.
>>
>>60302216
It doesn't. They're image files, so not sure if diff or sdiff would work. The only thing I can think of, is that this is on an external hard drive. Maybe the file is being slightly corrupted when using cp?
>>
File: ddg.png (3MB, 1701x8000px) Image search: [Google]
ddg.png
3MB, 1701x8000px
>>60302219
>DDG
DDG is no better then google,infact its worse.

I use searx.me, you may want to try it, oh wait, you just want something to bitch about

>reflecting this hard
>>
File: 1489054168618.png (3MB, 1636x1491px) Image search: [Google]
1489054168618.png
3MB, 1636x1491px
How is that thing called? How can I embed my own files?
>>
>>60302242
You attach a bitmap to the bottom of an image in paint, save as png. Make sure it works.
Also that modification is illegal.
>>
is there any way to completely block youtube's new material design?

youtube.com/new

right now deleting cookies does work, but i doubt that will be the case forever.

the new layout completely breaks youtubecenter and the dev of that userscript already said that he won't fix it.

the main reason i use youtube center is because it allows me to download youtube videos. is there any extension that does this that works with the new layout?
>>
>>60302276
youtube-dl
https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/
Works on everything else as well, usually.
>>
File: 1493713472021.jpg (23KB, 531x250px) Image search: [Google]
1493713472021.jpg
23KB, 531x250px
Any working nyaa replacement yet?
>>
>>60302238
diff is fine. All that matters is the file contents, not what they mean.
>>
If someone has my public PGP key but I don't have theirs, it's safe to just ask them to send me their public key via encrypted mail, right?
>>
>>60302265
Yeah, but how can I convert random files to bmp and get that rainbow thing
>>
>>60302241
>searx.me
Tried, it now, it's slower than GoGoFuck, GUI looks like Yahoo from 15 years ago.
Lacks resolution information without opening the images.
Overall it's lacking in many places, but I guess it's a new search engine thus is just in it's infant stage and will hopefully be something in a few years.

>>60302289
Currently:
https://nyaa.pantsu.cat/
For regular stuff and
https://sukebei.pantsu.cat/
For the lewds.
>>
>>60302303
Thanks anon, appreciate the help. I guess it'll be a mystery? out of 50k image files, there is only one that is causing issue.
>>
what's a good operating systems book to read?
>>
>>60302313
>it's safe to just ask them to send me their public key via encrypted mail, right?
Yes, in fact you can ask for it in plain unencrypted mail. There's no issues with that, it's called Public Key for a reason, it's perfectly safe to hand it out in the open, the Private Key is what should be kept safe.
>>
>>60302349
Has Anyone Really Tried an Good OS Even as Decided to Use Reading Want to do Books Read Like?

Do you want to use a tablet or a laptop/desktop for your reading?
What a bout a Kobo Aura ONE 7.8?
>>
>>60302284
i completely forgot about that, thanks.

could you tell me the default download location of youtube-dl? right now i'm using the 'open with' firefox extension. when i open a youtube video and click on the 'open with' button, it runs youtube-dl with the current site as input and downloads the video, i just don't know where to. it's not in the download folder (where the youtube-dl.exe is located) and not on the desktop or the video folder.
>>
>>60302315
Literally just change the file extension.
>>
>>60302313
Think of your/their public key as a lock, and your/their private key is the key.

Sending a lock out into the open is fine.
>>
>>60302416
>>60302284
nvm, found it. it downloads to
C:\Users\root\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
could you tell me how to change the download location? 'open with' supports commands.

i skimmed the documentation and didn't find that option.
>>
>>60302417
Paint tells me it's not a valid bitmap
>>
>>60302402
I meant books about operating systems
>>
>>60302488
go into your file explorer, find the file and rename it <file>.bmp
>>
>>60302488
>niggers.fuck
>nigger.bmp
>nigger.png
>>
>>60302460
-o formats your output
>youtube-dl -o '~/Downloads/%(title)s.%(ext)s'
>>
>>60302506
That's what I've done. Paint doesn't accept dragging and dropping the "file.pdf" that was renamed to "file.bmp", it tells me it's not valid.

>>60302513
Not sure if you are trying to help or just trolling.
>>
File: yt.png (35KB, 820x306px) Image search: [Google]
yt.png
35KB, 820x306px
>>60302416
If it's too hard, just use:
(marked red) https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-youtube/
Or
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-downloader-lite/?src=search
I have YT-DL but I often just use the extension instead of having to deal with that program.
Though Google as usual fucks everything up and has now separated audio from video so if you want 1080p, you have to use YT-DL
>>
File: thumbs up money.jpg (65KB, 389x400px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up money.jpg
65KB, 389x400px
>>60302544
thanks a ton, now it's downloading to the right folder! this is even better than youtubecenter as it allows me to download age restricted videos without signing in.

i'm going to read more of the documentation, maybe i can find some more useful stuff. i'm thinking of making a button to download the .mp4 and one for .webm, i hope that works.

though, youtube-dl doesn't seem to want to set the creation/modified date correctly, but that's just a minor issue.

>>60302578
thank you as well, but i got it working now.

'open with' is great and so is youtube-dl. time to get rid of ytc
>>
>>60301575
Get a 3D TLC SSD.

850 EVO, ADATA SU 800, etc.

Avoid 2D TLC.
>>
>>60302607
I loved YTC but I also stopped using it because Youtube kept changing so much that there were periods were almost all improvement addons had to be updated from scratch.

Not the Youtube-DL person, but here's what I use when I don't use any of those two addons I gave you.

https://github.com/MrS0m30n3/youtube-dl-gui

I don't want to type code unless I really have to since I've grown out of the 1337 hacker things and just want things to work.
>>
File: Speccy.png (67KB, 774x554px) Image search: [Google]
Speccy.png
67KB, 774x554px
What should I upgrade in order to see the best possible gains for muh gaymen?
>>
>>60302662
Your whole build, AMD sucks for games, specially the FX series.

You only can get a better videocard, but thats it.
>>
>>60302662
cpu
>>
>>60302656
yeah, gui's are always preferred on my end as well. thanks for the link!
>>
File: Cornelia_format_tools.png (20KB, 532x315px) Image search: [Google]
Cornelia_format_tools.png
20KB, 532x315px
>>60302242
>>60302571
Found this if anyone is interested.
>>
File: ytdl.png (7KB, 686x483px) Image search: [Google]
ytdl.png
7KB, 686x483px
>>60302691
Yeah, much faster thus less time consuming, something I start to think many Linux users hate.
As if they want the journey to be fun instead of the product.
>>
>>60302662
Sound Blaster
>>
>>60302683
Yeah I can't exactly afford a new build now which is why I'm asking what I could upgrade. I'm hoping after I move at the end of the summer I'll be able to build a completely new rig.
>>
Have a closed loop cpu liquid cooler, the part covering the cpu is making like a really loud grinding noise, when I turn on my pc it just overheats and turns off within 2 minutes.

Do I need to replace the cooler or is there something else I can do?
>>
>>60302718
Well there is nothing you can upgrade right now that will affect gaming.
Upgrading to 16GB RAM maybe.

Also why is your RAM wokring at 1444MHz?
>>
>>60302647
Thank you.
I'm looking at ADATA SU800 since it's the only one on amazon that's offered at 128gb, but I've never heard of the brand. How is its reputability?
>>
>>60302758
How have you never heard of ADATA? they make somewhat reliable memory cards and USB's

If you wanna reliability go for the 850 EVO.
Dont buy 120GB SSDs get a 240GB and up.

If you wanna something cheap that werks get the SU800.
>>
>>60302662
Without needing to buy a new mobo and CPU?
slap in another 8GB RAM in it.
I used to play GTA V on max and it made Windows 7 shit itself and tried to revert aero theme to basic over and over again.
Got free 8GB 2400MHz and that problem was never seen again.

But if you want more FPS in games, I'd start by looking at a new Intel or Ryzen because a shit CPU with a good GPU is a shit system, but a good CPU and a shit CPU is a good system but with less FPS.
>>
>>60302710
that's because you are ignorant, you can use the -a flag with youtube-dl to resume downloads or download a playlist. that means you can just create a playlist on your yt account and add videos to it with the watch later feature, then you can have youtube-dl sitting in the background as a cron job / systemd service auto downloading them whenever

>>60302717
no. NO.
>>
>>60302774
I've never purchased parts on their own, so pretty out of the loop. Sorry for being a retard.
Any reason why 240gb over 120gb, or is it just because of the better cost/gb?
>>
File: out.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
out.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>60302703
Test
>>
>>60302807
Well, to start a 120GiB SSD will be 111-112GB, a clean install of windows alone uses 25-30GB, then after adding some basic programs it will leave you with 40-50GB free space that junk files and updates will eat with time.

Also they last less(Still it will last years) and are slightly slower than the 240GB because how wear leveling works and the number of NAND they have.
>>
>>60302662
>FX CPOO
What you think
>>
File: net.png (42KB, 759x491px) Image search: [Google]
net.png
42KB, 759x491px
I'm about to install an OS in virtualbox but I'm not sure which option to select for network

I'm almost always using a VPN on my main OS, but I want my VM to not use one (show my regular IP). Which option do I select?
>>
File: s.jpg (96KB, 630x473px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
96KB, 630x473px
>>60302787
>that's because you are ignorant
No that's because I stopped caring about muh terminal 1337 spamming.

Click->work
not
Code->code-code-code->work?->code->code-"work..."

I've seen those webm making threads where people go all:
>oh you just have to urce> -c:v libvpx-vp9 -pass 1 -b:v 1000K -threads 8 -speed 4 \ -tile-columns 6 -frame-parallel 1 \ -an -f webm /dev/null ffmpeg bla bla bla bla

No, it should be, a gui where I set size, in a cute little window, and then naming it when I save it.

I've used my immense share of CMD and Terminal use in the past, but new things arise and I don't have time to deal with all the new things you are born into, because for me it's a 3rd, 4th, 5th or even 6th language.

If it's good enough, it have a working GUI, so unless it have a GUI it's not good enough, simple as that.
>>
>>60302837
works
>>
File: anime_girl.png (2MB, 2220x1512px) Image search: [Google]
anime_girl.png
2MB, 2220x1512px
How do I find a laptop charger for an ancient laptop at 3.30 am so I can take my exam at 9am because I forgot my uni doesn't allow Linux or dualbooting on digital exams?
>>
>>60302924
You dun goof'd. Just take out the HDD and put it on your desktop
>>
>>60302842
That feel when my laptop has only 32GB of eMMC storage.
>>
>>60302842
That makes sense. Thanks!
>>
Redpill me on captcha.
>>
>>60302944
Get the 850 EVO if you dont know what to buy, its a safe buy since its so far the most reliable SATA SSD out.
And since you dont gave 240GB will be more than enough.
>>
>>60302930
Luckily I found a win10 usb but it really hurts to lose all my rice
>>
>>60302924
Walmart should sell those multiple laptops power adapters.

>>60302959
>you dont gave
Since you don't game*
>>
>>60302961
Less ricing, more work.
Use Windows and stop wasting your time.
>>
>>60302969
I'm Norwegian, so no stores are open at the moment.
>>
Recommend me some external HDDs
>>
>>60302837
>Error: Your image contains an embedded file.
Hmm, just wanted to see if the old way worked, turns out it didn't.
>>
>>60302959
Yeah, that's what I'm planning right now.

I know this is impossible to answer, but could you tell me what would be reasonable to expect in terms of prices?
I heard that due to manufacture shortages, they are actually getting more expensive. Looking at camelcamelcamel, I will probably wait a bit for the 250gb to get around 90-100, but I don't want to fuck up and watch it get more pricey.
>>
>>60303013
A 240GB 850 EVO should be $+-90 in the US.

And the price is because NAND manufacturers are fixing prices because they noticed they only will lose money fighting for prices.
So RAM, SSDs and other stuff price increased.
>>
Is there a way I can turn https://www-drv.com/site/[gibberish]/Website/index.html into a proper domain? Like I want the effects of that website to be in effect, I just want to make sure all someone has to go to is the domain I want and that url above is completely hidden
>>
>>60303028
It's 108 right now, which is the highest it's been for almost 2 years.
Oh well, I guess I'll just jump when it's reasonable.
Thanks for all of the help.
>>
>>60303063
Holy shit it is $108 in the US, price increased a lot in 2 months.
>>
Why are raspberry pi zeroes being sold when there is the pi zero W available? Do the pi zero (non wifi) have a different usage scenario that I can't figure out? Or is it just for people who want to save a bit of $?
>>
How does corruption work?
Does it occur when there's a problem on the hardware level (ie does reformatting always fix the problem), or is it purely a software fuckup?
>>
Best free program for converting FLAC to 320?
>>
>>60303215
Both can cause corruption.
>>
>>60303259
ffmpeg
>>
>>60303282
Alright, that's what I figured. Is there any way to distinguish which it is?

Alternatively, is it possible that chkdsk says everything is fine but in reality it's not?
I had bad files on my drive but everything I did indicated that there were no bad sectors. If it's a software deal, I figure I can just reformat the drive and start using it again.
>>
What do I need to know to get work at a 3d printing company? I might have an in at one, what would be the minimum amount of knowledge I need. I have a 3d printer and have printed a few things successfully.
>>
Why do some software like peazip require download of a .deb file instead of being available through sudo apt-get?
>>
if I make a live usb of win7 how can I completely wipe it after I install? just format it? back when I installed ubuntu I couldnt format the live usb after installing.
>>
>>60303308
Data corruption can happen by multiple things, it could be everything, bad RAM, hardware HDD damage, or a corrupted windows install.

Doesnt exactly means your HDD is bad, could be, but you cant confirm it that way.
>>
>>60303374
I should have probably mentioned that this is an external hard drive.
Does that change anything?
>>
>>60303259
Chances are you're already using a program that can, namely Foobar.
>>
>>60303396
There is the chance that the enclosure is damaged and you can salvage the HDD then.
>>
>>60303450
Sorry for retarded, is there any indication that it's because of the enclosure at all? There's no damage on the outside as far as I can see although maybe that's not the best measure.
There were a number of files that would basically freeze the entire file manager. After deleting those, everything runs fine again (I think). So if there's nothing wrong, I thought I could reformat just in case, but use it as is.
>>
what should i put on my resume if

>bachelors in CS from shitty state university
>bad gpa (2.55)
>never worked on any big projects outside of coursework
>no prior job experience

do i just be like "i have a degree lol" and hope they let me in?
>>
TCP question:
Suppose a connection has been established between A and B and everything has been set up, etc...
Say host A sends two segments back to back. B acknowledges those segments, however the first one is lost and the second arrives AFTER the timeout mechanism is triggered. So, A will resend the first segment. After this, A will, of course receive the second acknowledgment.

My question is - will B acknowledge the re-send of the first segment? or will it send another cumulative acknowledgement for both segments? I've tried to demonstrate below:

A -> B (SEQ = 127, 80 bytes)
A -> B (SEQ = 207, 40 bytes)
B -> A (ACK = 207) (LOST)
** TIMEOUT **
A -> B (SEQ = 127, 80 bytes)
B -> A (ACK = 247)
B -> A (ACK = 247) ???? OR B -> A (ACK = 207)
>>
I tryd to install Arch on my laptop and the encrypted lvm I setup is stopping the system from booting normally. I'm beginning to wonder if I actually need for disk encryption or not. it's supposed to be in case my laptop gets stolen but it seems to be causing me a lot of problems. am I being a paranoid neck beard? Should I just forget about it or would I regret it later?

>>60303344
Probably disqualified from Debian repositories for some reason. same reason the Steam client isn't in the repositories.
>>
File: windows_pls.png (38KB, 598x449px) Image search: [Google]
windows_pls.png
38KB, 598x449px
>tfw installed windows on my thinkpad
>USB device is broken and can't reformat.
>Windows is literally raping my computer.
>>
Can I bond a NIC and Wifi-card on windows 10 to increase LAN file transfer speed?
everything I try and research is about multiple internet connections or doing it router/server side. I just want to pull from both over the same LAN since my computer is in a shitty spot respective to my network drives and I can only pull around 100mbit over power line and optimistically double that over wifi.
>>
>InProcServer32\D:\CheckVer.ocx
>InProcServer32\D:\DriverCDHtml.ocx
What the fuck are these?, is ccleaner fucking it up again?. This is appearing as a registry error on a new HDD
>>
>>60303548
>new windows install needs updates and drivers

wow who would've thought.
>>
how do I find love?
>>
>>60303533
Is it a bad sign if it's disqualified?
I can't find PPAs for it either, does that mean if failed qualification multiple times?
>>
im really fucking bad with linux im not sure where to even get dependencies for virtualbox.
>>
>>60303499
There's no easy way to tell.
>>
>>60303511
me again. figured it out. it's most certainly the first option, because the receiver would only send cumulative acknowledgments. if it sent an ACK for the first segment again, then the sender would believe that it hasn't received the second, which isn't true. so the receiver only sends a cum. ack.
>>
Could someone simple english explain how trees work (the data structure)?
If it's like a linked list just that you can link multiple things, how is it that you can get away with only two pointers?
>>
>>60303632
Alright, that sucks. Thanks.
>>
File: ic01nh45-03.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ic01nh45-03.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
What cable is this? Bought a Type-C IO port and this was on the other end. Dont know where to plug it in
>>
So that dumb ass Creator's Update installed itself over the weekend. Now I'm leaving the house in the morning and coming home to find the computer on by itself.

How do I prevent Windows from somehow physically turning my computer on to phone home? If the damn thing would turn itself off then it would be slightly less irritating. But the fucking thing stays on and runs up me electricity bill.

I'm 100% sure I disabled fast boot up. Maybe a class action lawsuit?
>>
>>60303602
>Is it a bad sign if it's disqualified?

depends on your outlook and the package.

Most packages are disqualified for not having a compatible license. IDK peazip personally but it probably includes code/libraries to extract non-free formats, which means the code can't be hosts on debian's servers without them infringing copyright law.

Sometimes packages are disqualified for being just total shit quality, and others because nobody wants to/has the resources to maintain it.
>>
>>60303671
yeah mate you go ahead and start a class action against microsoft because they maybe turned your computer on but probably you just pebkac'd.
>>
I bought a rpi 3 and it will be here in a few days. I don't have a monitor for it and want to do a headless install. I know how, my issue is connecting to it for the first time with ssh, it'll have default credentials and be connected to the internet. Can I just plug the ethernet cable into my laptop and rpi and ssh that way? How would I do that?
>>
>>60303674
Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks.
This goes a little on a tangent, but how does qualification for AUR packages go? Or rather, is there any qualification at all?
>>
>>60303126
It's cheaper. Hardware interfacing projects may have compatibility issues.
>>
>>60303671
>>60303683
also, have you tried the fucking power switch on your psu/wall socket?
>>
>>60303569
please respond ;_;
>>
>>60303670
It's the new standard motherboard type C plug. Most boards don't have it yet.
>>
>>60302945
Google finger printing you.
>your ip connects to google search engine
>google gets finger print
>use google service
>checks finger print to identify who it was
>can match with your search results or basically anything google you use
tl;dr it's satan
>>
>>60303738
Well shit. Is there an adapter for it? My mobo supports 3.1 but no mention of Type-C
>>
>>60302987
just get a hdd dock
>>
>>60299088
not in most cases

in linux for example, you can mount identify disks using their label, but these days UUIDs are more often used instead
>>
>>60303693
> Can I just plug the ethernet cable into my laptop and rpi
That wont work for a headless install because the RPI wont get an IP from your laptop, you need to plug both to a swith/ruoter/modem with dhcp, then you need to find which IP the RPI got, for that you can use a network scanner
>>
>>60303606
when you install it through your distro's repo the libs and shit should also be downloaded
if not, move to a friendlier distro
>>
>>60303718
Yup. Started that tonight. Easiest solution to the problem but the most inconvenient having to reach around the fucking case under my desk. Maybe I'll rearrange my setup for easier access this weekend.
>>
>>60303789
Yeah I figured as much, which is my issue.
I have a really long ethernet cable from the apartment below and can't switch off the internet for a minute to change the rpis password while it connects to the internet. It would leave a sense of doubt in the back of my mind.
>>
Why does ddr4-2400mhz CL14 @ 1.2v perform the same if not better than ddr3-2400mhz CL11 @ 1.65v? I mean I see there is a voltage difference. I know that with both kits, you can usually get a lower CL rating out of them to further educe latency.
>>
>>60300415
windows 8+ hibernates instead of shutting down when shutting down normally
this marks the partitions it uses as being in hibernate, which is a special flag
the ntfs driver in linux respects this flag and will only mount ro by default, to avoid breaking the hibernate status

you can override this, but it would be better to just disable "fast start" in windows, which restores normal shutdown behaviour
>>
>>60303569
The registry "errors" in CCleaner are nothing to worry about. Do the backup+cleanup if it makes you feel better but it is not necessary.
>>
>>60301496
i've never touched any bluray stuff, but i do know makemkv can dump them, and i imagine they work the same as dvd's as far as authoring and burning goes
>>
If I get a new HDD and am choosing what to format as, is there any downside of using BTRFS/ZFS as opposed to ext4?
>>
>>60303652
Look at pictures of data trees on google, its really easy to understand that way, basically you have if you were on POO you would have and Object with 2 attributes of type Object, and of course those attributes will have 2 Objects each and their sons an so on, of course that would made an infinite chain of Objects so the limits of the tree are Objects set to NULL.

>>60303600
Install gentoo

>>60303560
Link aggregation is a pain in the ass even on linux, on windows it can only be hell to set up, just give up and install proper CAT5e.

>>60303818
>can't switch off the internet for a minute
Why would you do that?, if your switch its connected to a residential router/modem then most certainly it has port 22 closed to the Internet but even if that wasn't the case it would be unlikely for your router to redirect traffic to the RPI.
>>60303972
No downsides, just benefits but be aware that ZFS has a lot of overhead and some BTRFS functions are still experimental.
>>
>>60298623
Bluebeam
>>
>>60302348
probably corruption
>>
>>60302107
imagemagick
>>
>>60303836
Voltage is irrelevant. DDR4 adds bank groups, which allow a bit lower effective latency for smallish transfers. For very small transfers the lower CAS on DDR3 should win a little, for large transfers they should be about equal.
>>
>>60303972
Not really unless you want to use RAID on btrfs (that's still very much a work in progress). Snapshots, subvolumes etc are breddy gud.
However ext4 just werks so if you don't care about cool features and want a stable, fast filesystem go with that.
>>
>>60303997
>then most certainly it has port 22 closed to the Internet
How would I check this?
>>
>>60303997
I get that, but why can 2 pointers in particular be enough for all cases?
That would create a binary tree, I don't see how it can connect more than two. To get the third you could make a grandchild, but that would defeat the purpose.
>>
>>60303591
Why would you assume its a new install? I've had that install for a few months and while I was in the middle of programming in VS my machine started heating the fuck up and windows was gobbling a million resources all over the place.
>>
>>60304142
Install windows 7 then.
There is Windows 10 LTSB if the botnet bothers you.
>>
>>60304092
Ah ok makes sense.
>>
File: a.jpg (342KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
342KB, 1024x768px
>>60302936
plenty of space
>>
>>60304142
So, what is the problem with your USB ports?
>>
>>60304118
>>60303997
Thanks for the responses. When talking about overhead, speed, and stability, is there that appreciable of a performance difference?
I don't per se need these features, just that I figure it might be worth having if I want them down the line, and I don't want to reformat if the time comes.
>>
>>60297479
>all tits no ass
Atrocious.
>>
>>60304248
You probably wouldn't notice any performance difference. They're all pretty similar on hdd.
>>
>>60304301
You mention hdd in particular, anything against for ssd?
>>
File: chain.jpg (120KB, 1300x1390px) Image search: [Google]
chain.jpg
120KB, 1300x1390px
>>60304119
http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

But really, even if it was open, there's no way your router will decide to redirect traffic from your public IP to the RPi private IP unless the RPi did a UPnP request to the router(if you're installing raspbian or any sane distro then it wont)

>>60304137
Think of it this way, you have a container with left side and right side to store things, then you put this container inside the right side of a container of the same type, then another on the left side, at the same time this container its contained on the right side of another container of the same type and so on.

You could also take for a different example a circular chain where each link has a left link and a right link, pic related.

>>60304248
ZFS its a more niche FS made for NAS and data storage, on my NAS it uses 12Gb of ram as ARC cache only. On the other hand BTRFS has some cool features that ext4 don't without the overhead of ZFS, and last time i checked only RAID5/6 are still experimental.
>>
>>60304341
Thanks for the reply.
Maybe I'm just stupid. I understand how this makes a binary tree, because you can have two containers each.
If you want three or more, how does having just two containers work?
Your picture has a chain in a circle, but you don't actually make it point to itself anywhere, right?
>>
>>60304405
> but you don't actually make it point to itself anywhere, right?

In theory you can(i have done it with Java), but normally you would end the chain with NULLs at both ends.
>>
This happens not too often but in the speaker properties in sound properties in the enhancements tab, every time I uncheck the disable all sound effects, it unchecks it, then checks it again, and if i just leave the window open, it does it automatically. I'm using windows 8.1 with the default Realtek audio controller. How can I fix this?
>>
>>60304341
>12Gb of ram as ARC cache only
I don't know what you're talking about, but that sounds like a lot.
>>
>>60304339
On SSD, btrfs benchmarks a bit slower than the rest. But on HDD they are closer. SSD filesystem bench here, this guy does all kinds of linux benchmarks:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux-411-fs&num=1
>>
>>60304511
Thank you.
>>
>>60304341
>if you're installing raspbian [...] then it wont
Thanks for the peace of mind Anon.
>>
>>60304460
So in order to get three children, you basically have a binary tree with two levels and leave the fourth slot as null?
Isn't this still basically a binary tree.
>>
>2 hour hands on workshop on Malware Reverse Engineering! Learn how to analyze a REAL malware sample found on a point-of-sales system from Randy Pargman, a computer scientist from the FBI Cyber Task Force here in Seattle.
>This will be an interactive session in which each attendee will learn some of skills that Randy uses on a regular basis at his job with the FBI. Come prepared to participate with your own laptop! All needed software will be provided.

You think the provided software will run on linux?
>>
>>60297479
>tfw your boobs are 30% of your body mass and their gravity pulls your head down every time stop at a crosswalk
>>
which alternative to Microsoft Office is the best?

Libre, Open, WPS... ?
>>
>Had a windows firewall popup just a moment ago
>It was about Firefox
>It wanted access to public networks
>All I was doing was browsing /g/ when it popped up

What the fuck
And why?
>>
>>60304928
Libre
>>
>>60304940
gracias
>>
>>60304938
Mozilla maintenance service trying to update?
>>
>>60304981
Maybe, but I tried the update and it claimed that everything was up to date.
furthermore, this has never happened before with previous updates.
>>
>>60304928
Open was, until devs abandoned it and started libre
>>
>>60303956
Thanks man, I'll look into it. Though I'm more interested in burning data to blurays and how to know that you have a good quality burn.

My understanding from some light research is that you can analyze discs to see how well they burned, and possibly see how much they have degraded over time.

I'd like to learn more about this, but cannot find a lot of information on it.
>>
Anyone have experience getting programs to work in Wine? I have something that's not on AppDB.
>>
I wanna grab a bunch of used 2.5" HDD for storage i have from the laptops i repair and people dont wanna pay for them.

What would the cheapest way to have them all connected to a computer so i could access them?
>>
>>60305238
Also what is the cheapest way to adapt a 2.5" to a 3.5" bay?
>>
>>60305238
If you want more than your mobo has then get a multi port PCIe sata card or two (not that cheap sorry). Some have as many as 8-10+ sata3 6gb/s connections.
You can also get a few more with USB but this chews into the total USB bandwidth.

>>60305247
Probably this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FD8YJB4/
>>
>>60305322
>$9
My old case came with 3 and was $40, by that logic it literally paid itself on adapters.

I was thinking for another computer from scratch.
>>
My Windows 10 activation is fucked. Is it worth looking around for an activation key or should I just buy a legit copy?
>>
Do I need an ISP if I plan to purchase access to a VPN? I mean, do I need to continue having an ISP provide me internet services from their modem/router or can I end it with the ISP, just get new modem and router and only use a VPN or is that just me thinking up something impossible?
>>
>>60305354
MSToolkit.

Get the original one in Mydigitallife forums.
>>
>>60301413
I would NOT reccomend doing any intensive IO stuff other than spinrite, and doing a previous backup of all the data.
170 reallocated sectors and 44 sectors on Current pending sector count are a clear indication of degradation.

After the backup, and only then, you can do some testing on level 2 of spinrite, but due to those numbers the drive is FUBAR. The only scenario in which that drive is reusable is having all failures in one point and not spreaded all over the disk's surface
>>
>>60302086
for VM use, i would recommend Xubuntu or Lubuntu due to their lightweight DE's. Only use Kubuntu if you are a die-hard fan of KDE or had to use some program dependent on the environment.
>>
File: vL1YBnY.gif (1MB, 700x449px) Image search: [Google]
vL1YBnY.gif
1MB, 700x449px
How do I make friends on IRC? Do I need real life friends? How do I make real life friends? This is important.
>>
Trying to config Vichan but when I put things in instance-config.php should there happen something? Because seems like website stays unchanged, should I rebuild or something?
>>
>>60305418
>How do I make friends on IRC?
You don't. You just make friendLY with people in rooms. Unless you want insane norweigans stalking you across servers.

>Do I need real life friends?
Not when you have anime

>How do I make real life friends?
Refute the idea that you watch anime, smell bad, or are unappealing to be near in general.
>>
>>60305451
>insane norwegians stalking you across servers
Does this actually happen?
>>
If I plug in one monitor into my GPU and another into my motherboard, what would happen?
>>
>>60305524
I have insane koreans and russians fucking with me. The russians I sort of get because I shitpost cyka blyat and Ñ…yecoc)))))) a lot which pisses them off, but I don't even know what I did to piss of the koreans.
>>
>>60305526
Based in the motherboard chipset it will either work or BSOD.
>>
>>60305543
Hahah what the actual fuck? North or South?
>>
Anyone have the Kindle Paper white? Or any of the Kindle e-ink readers? How are they in battery life? Do they really get weeks of battery as advertised?
>>
>>60305524
Not necessarily norweigans but you /will/ get some crazy fucknut from 3000 miles away trying to hunt you down across servers if you get too friendly with the wrong weirdo.

IRC isn't exactly secure or anonymous, it's pretty easy to follow people around.
>>
>>60305585
South of course. The northern ones are too busy waiting in line for their daily dose of coke.
>>
>>60305599
>coke
What you think are
We no USA
We in line for medicine!
No Soda!
Soda fat!
>>
>>60305618
I hear meth passes for good medicine over there
>>
Is it a good idea to open a HDD?
>>
Is information technology a good field to get into? I'm not good at math or science but I'm okay with building and diagnosing computers. I feel like if I make the wrong decision on a course I'll regret it and not want to further myself into doing something with my life. I work a dead end job and I lost my father 2 weeks ago so reality is starting to set in that I need to change myself for the better.
>>
>>60305688
lol no, why would you?
>>
>>60305788
Something is making it to not work correctly.
Works at 2MB/s tops.

Its not like if it stops working working it would mean anything since its already in a FUBAR state.
>>
Best music player on macOS that isn't iTunes and just werks like musicBee on windows?
>>
is there any way to get the kind of private mode they have on touchwiz on my oneplus 3t?
I need a good way to hide videos and pics that doesn't involve an ad infested 3rd party app
>>
>>60305847
Well if it wasn't broken before, opening it will definitely make sure it is. What else have you tried to fix it? You'll only get a learning experience out of opening it, at that point I would say just watch a youtube video to save yourself the effort.
>>
>>60305966
Run a surface read test, disk is FUBAR (2800 remapped bad sectors so far) but as long i can store stuff on it i could care less since i plan to use it for something that i will end deleting eventually.
The HDD is an almost new (440 hours) 500GB WD Blue from a client laptop i replaced.

I can store on it, but the problem is it works at 770KB/s-2MB/s tops.
>>
Since there is no currently existing security thread...
I'm struggling with this simple question out of the security chapter in my networks book -
"Suppose certifier.com creates a certificate for foo.com. Typically, the entire
certificate would be encrypted with certifier.com’s public key. True or False?"

True, right? The certificate is decrypted using the CA's public key right?
>>
>>60306006
>>60305966
But well, i guess i will follow the good ol saying from where i am from.
"You learn from ruining stuff".
>>
File: 1492219247374.jpg (29KB, 1024x771px) Image search: [Google]
1492219247374.jpg
29KB, 1024x771px
>>60305598
>but you /will/ get some crazy fucknut from 3000 miles away trying to hunt you down across servers

My life would be infinitely better if i had an arch enemy halfway across the world that wanted me dead.
>>
File: FileFreak.png (57KB, 1349x621px) Image search: [Google]
FileFreak.png
57KB, 1349x621px
Is FileFreak still a functioning website?
Just a random old link as an example, I want to see if I can recover some old files that linked to the site.
http://filefreak.com/files/731005_trzjf/Jonathan.mpp3
>>
>>60306045
Send pics
>>
>>60306098
Nm fixed it
>>
Why did my computer just wake from sleep mode for 15 seconds then go back? It never did this before and it's done it twice in a few days...
>>
>>60306015
Yea. Since site A is the one making the encrypted certificate, it uses their public key.
>>
What's the easiest way to transfer a file from my hardware os to a VM one?
ideally without using the internet
>>
>>60306137
>Nm
What?
>>
>>60306256
he meant to type nvm
>>
>>60306104
In 2 or 3 days I will it and i will post it here.
>>
>>60306015
go to the wiki and search for fucko and make the thread
>>
>>60306256
neb mine
>>
>>60299088
No that is just a label. What OS?
>>
>>60298252
Home and power button,
That feature you're talking about I belive is called smart screen capture or something like that which I promptly disabled and used the home and power button method
>>
File: 1482647477117.gif (2MB, 393x396px) Image search: [Google]
1482647477117.gif
2MB, 393x396px
>>60306321
>>60306321
>>60306321

New.
>>
>>60299334
tailsOS. Just check https://prism-break.org/en/ out there is a good list of privacy respecting linux distrubutions. But at the end of the day your practices are what ensure privacy. Complete security obviously impossible.
>>
>>60299334
tailsOS. Just check https://prism-break.org/en/ out there is a good list of privacy respecting linux distrubutions. But at the end of the day your practices are what ensure privacy. Complete security without any knowledge of computer systems is an unrealistic expectation. You must know what you are running to be safe.
>>
>>60306137
>Nm fixed it
How?
>>
File: trashman82.jpg (101KB, 584x649px) Image search: [Google]
trashman82.jpg
101KB, 584x649px
>>60299916
Stop trying to bait
>>
>>60300536
Chinese knockoff comes to mind.
>>
>>60305782
Well if you want to study an information technology course then you won't need great maths, just simple elementary level. You may find it more worth however to get certifications and gain as much experience as possible. If your more interested in computer science you will need some more maths but regardless your just need to be able to understand computer logic. In computer science you have a broad field of areas that you can specialize in, some of which require more maths than others, for example databases would require you being stronger in maths than software development. It doesn't matter so much which IT pathway you want to go as much as having a strong interest that will keep you motivated.
>>
im looking to buy a modem/router for wireless + wired purposes. currently have a 30m ethernet cable running to my residence outside, modem/router inside cannot be moved. so i want it for better wireless and so i dont need a second cable running out. what should i be looking for? want something that can work with a 3ds, had some old piece of shit it just didnt wanna work though.
>>
>>60306428
google helps!
https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/routers/compatible.jsp
>>
>>60305363
Clearly you don't understand how and ISP's or VPN's operate. You pay an ISP, they provide you a connection to all others on their network and their network is connected to the larger network and that is the WWW, put simply. A VPN simply changes your address which confuses aka encrypts your connection to your ISP who hence will be unable to see all the stuff you love to do. It essentially provides a layer of privacy to your connection but there are problems with it and a VPN alone is not enough. The only use they have alone is if you want to view nation restricted content for example.
>>
>>60306178
Desktop or Laptop. Maybe the mouse just moved, or something landed on your keyboard?
>>
>>60304487
Do you have another sound manager installed?
>>
>>60306321
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7KB, 480x360px
>>60302241
Knowing your ip is different from tracking you activities moron. How else will the server know where to send? You can't be anon just by using a search engine you baka.
>>
test
>>
ok, whats the point of choosing this over regular kingstom valueram option? is heatspreader worth it? and also what the fuck is xnp or pnp?
>>
Ryzen 7 and Xen
there is no news on ryzen and i want to virtualize evetything in my pc (inluding widnwos vm with GPU Passthrouh), and me like xen.
Intel has vt-d for gpu/io amd have amd-v, but will it work and how performance wise, becouse xen aperantly like intel
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.