[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hpg/ - Headphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 35

File: fuuk.jpg (248KB, 1718x2500px) Image search: [Google]
fuuk.jpg
248KB, 1718x2500px
>Headphone purchase advice
http://pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Please put some effort into your requests and questions.

If you dislike a suggestion, explain why and try giving a better suggestion to whomever asked.

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out infographic in >>>/g/csg

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:
>>59796529
>>
File: 20170409_145758.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170409_145758.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
He-350 owner... currently living in at 36°Celcius (min). Any earpads sealed with glue last just a month.

For now... i will just dye the foam to black. Are there any compatible earpads without shitty glue? Help me /g
>>
File: mpv-shot0008.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0008.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>59814446
Idol trash here. HD600 best $300 headphone. Love Live rocks. Idolm@ster also rocks. Schiit stack is the shit. Video related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sywUxZEqKlc
>>
File: fdsgfdhgfjhhku.jpg (157KB, 1343x893px) Image search: [Google]
fdsgfdhgfjhhku.jpg
157KB, 1343x893px
>>59814446
>tfw that one fag tries to tell you that the e10k sounds exactly the same as the fulla 2

Just no lmao. Me and multiple people can hear the bass and separation difference within seconds. The e10k is amazing for what it is, but it's not as good as the fulla 2. Cue the autists.
>>
What's the best IEM for under 40 dollars? the ones that came with my s5 (which were very good) finally broke. I found some on amazon which were supposedly identical to the ones that came with the phone, and after ordering them they turned out to be fakes. I'm tired of gambling with fakes, what would you guys recommend?
>>
>>59815019
>one
No.
>sounds the same
Wasn't the entire thing about not knowing with confidence instead of trying to spout absolutes into either direction like an idiot?

And we still don't know. Given any understanding of amplifiers, there shouldn't unless there is a problem. Both devices should work without any such problems within their operating limits. Vague terms attempting to describe sound aren't helping or convincing. And given any understanding of human perception, it's unsurprising to say that least that you hear a difference in all cases.
>>
File: W-Fashiontography-3.jpg (416KB, 1000x1508px) Image search: [Google]
W-Fashiontography-3.jpg
416KB, 1000x1508px
Reposting from last thread since didn't get any feedback. I'm leaning toward e215s. Thoughts?

>Budget
I'd like to stay below 200 dollars, but 100 would be great. Kind of depends on where the peak value is at. If spending 200 only yields me 5% more performance, I'd rather spend the 100 to get 95% of the way.
>Location
USA
>Source
Sansa Clip+ with Rockbox (came to /g/ in the past to ask about an MP3 player and that's how I ended up with that)
>Type of headphone
IEM. I want something light to travel with, good isolation. I fly a lot so would like one of those buttons some headphones have where you can hear/microphone the flight attendant without having to pull the IEMs out.
>Comfort level
Comfy!
>Sound signature
I guess nuetral or at least close to. I mostly listen to electronic music, mostly progressive house and minimal techno. So something crunchy isn't too bad either, but the other 20% of the time I listen to classical and piano so I don't want something really wacky for that.
>Past headphones
I had some high dollar Shure E535s from like 10 years ago. They have lived their life and died. I also have some Beyerdynamic DT770s that need a replacement top pad...
>>
File: mpv-shot0010.png (895KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0010.png
895KB, 1920x1080px
>>59815019
HD600 owner here, Fulla 2 is nice, but it doesn't provide enough gain, plus it sounds odd past 3 o'clock. The magni2 in high-gain mode does HD600 much better. I suggest you feed it from the DAC output of the fulla2.

As for the e10k? Chink garbage.

Btw: What's that strange surface to the left of your picture? Is that rubber? I'm pondering getting something like that to prevent my llsif/deresute device from sliding through the desk while playing.
>>
>>59815181
>And we still don't know

We literally do. I didn't even need to read the rest of your post.
>>
>>59815248
SE215 is a very bassy in ear. Default version doesn't have the controls you want but they sell a cable for it. It's a nice choice unless the bassy response isn't a problem.

>>59815289
>plus it sounds odd past 3 o'clock
Really? Contacted Schiit?

>>59815325
The only thing we know is that you aren't the brightest poster here and you have problems understanding what you are reading.
>>
>>59815352
The difference is night and day. It's almost as obvious as switching headphones. There's literally nothing else to say.
>>
>>59815352
>Really? Contacted Schiit?
It's only an issue with HD600 (not my other cans), and I only know about it because I have the Magni 2 to compare against.

I've also read other people do experience the same with their fulla 2's, so I figure HD600 are just too much for this device.
>>
K240MKII
K171MKII
K271MKII
Which?
>>
>>59815289
>but it doesn't provide enough gain, plus it sounds odd past 3 o'clock

Hi m8, I've spoke to you multiple times about this. Are you sure there's not a problem with your fulla 2? mine is loud as fuck before 12 on most songs and sources. I'm with you on the past 3 distortion but I never need to go past 2 unless it's a weirdly quiet song. I'd like to try a schiit stack but I prefer the fact that the fulla 2 plugs in via usb and it's all very clean and small. I love the volume knob too.
>>
>>59815443
It could be that you clip it at that point. If it's not defective that's pretty lackluster.

>>59815454
Why these?
>>
>>59815352
Thanks. It's a Shure aftermarket cable?

I think bassy is probably good for my genre of choice.
>>
>>59815019
>me and my brother
Tell me more.

>>59815493
MMCX is a common connector, so you can order from elsewhere if you like.
>>
>>59815480
>Why these?
Can't tell you because I don't know.
>>
>>59815514
uwotm8
>>
>>59815514
Thanks!
>>
>>59815493
Yes the one I was looking at was Shure CBL-M-K. I wouldn't be surprised if you could buy the in-ears with that cable included. Anon >>59815514 noted that the connector SE215s use is MMCX so you can use all sorts of aftermarket cables, too.
>bassy
More about your preferences than musical choices. You have Rockboxed Clip+ with a built in multi band parametric equalizer. Use that and don't worry about tonality.
>>
>>59815595
Awesome, thanks for the feedback. It's a big help.
>>
File: mpv-shot0012.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0012.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>59815462
>mine is loud as fuck before 12 on most songs and sources.
Mine too, but sometimes I like it real loud... yeah I know.

Most of the time I use it somewhere between 9 and 1pm on the magni 2 on high gain. The extra gain helps with classical music, and with some series/movies/videogames.

>I'm with you on the past 3 distortion
Good. I like how I can put the volume @ max, on magni2 in high gain, and it does still sound good. I don't like to use the HD600 with the Fulla 2 because I feel that if I can't max the amp's knob without distortion, the amp falls short of the cans.

After much testing at home, I now do keep my Fulla 2 at work, where it feeds HD380, which it drives pretty well. Volume knob 8-10 range for music, 10-12 for deresute/llsif through line in, fed from the OP3.

>I love the volume knob too.
Who doesn't. It's so huge and pleasant to tweak.
>>
File: umi_birthday_2017_clean.png (581KB, 726x1080px) Image search: [Google]
umi_birthday_2017_clean.png
581KB, 726x1080px
>>59815019
>>59815462
Re: that surface to the left, no comment? :/

Pic related: My setup, celebrating umi's birthday a few weeks ago.
>>
File: Heh(1).png (15KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
Heh(1).png
15KB, 200x300px
Posting again. No Sennheisers, please; too expensive. So far, I only have AKG K612s as a recommendation.

>Budget
~$300

>Location
Canada

>Source
PC (Realtek ALC1150 w/ 600 Ohm AMP)

>Type of headphone
Full size

>Open or closed
Open

>Comfort level
Maximum comfiness (Comfiness > Audio)

>Sound signature
Anything that isn't too v-shaped. Alternatively, anything that compliments this type of music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GdsftXc0yU [Embed]

>Past headphones
Nothing too high-end or worth mentioning. Let's skip that.

Final question; does Amazon.com ship to Canada? Also, a DAC + AMP recommendation would be appreciated, but not needed.
>>
>>59814535
BUMP for feedback :(
>>
File: mpv-shot0011.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0011.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>59815867
>Alternatively, anything that compliments this type of music.
That is earrape on my HD600. I don't even want to think about how murderous it might sound on something v-shaped.
>>
>>59815847
Challenge:

Don't post Umi or any idolcrap, don't blog about them on /g/ and don't avatarfag, idols or not.

Are you a bad enough dude to succeed?

>>59815867
The idea behind listing old headphones is to describe them. What you liked or disliked in those so that it's easy to get a picture of what you might like.

Comfort is subjective but AKG K612/K702 or DT880s are generally considered to be comfortable. Sennheiser has plenty of affordable models too. Fidelio X2 is bassy and usually pretty comfy too. You have lots of options.
>>
>>59815907
Those are pretty sensitive ears you have there; what music do you listen to?
>>
File: mpv-shot0005.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0005.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>59815997
>Don't post Umi or any idolcrap,
Nothing wrong with doing that.

>are you a bad enough dude to succeed?
Bad? I'm not bad at all. Except when I actually need to be. Which hopefully doesn't involve 4chan, else I wouldn't even bother posting here.
>>
File: 1470592224317.jpg (1MB, 3681x2055px) Image search: [Google]
1470592224317.jpg
1MB, 3681x2055px
>>59815019
Excerpts from

Aug 7 2016
>m8 I own the 600's and the odac and my brother owns the e10k. The o2 sounds slightly better, the bass is stronger and everything else feel slightly improved. If you're new to this game you might not care or even notice the difference but it's real. The odac obviously costs a lot more so you just need to decide if it's worth it for you. If money is no problem get the odac, it's slightly better. Period.
>They aren't identical. They're very close but the o2+odac combo sound richer. The e10k is noticeably thinner sounding. Like I said though, it's a small difference and one that most won't care about. This is my end game so I wan't it to be as good as possible. I could easily sell this combo, buy the e10k and make a good chunk of money back but i'm not going to because the o2 is slightly better. I don't deal in memes, price or graphs. I know what I hear and I can hear the difference straight away on most songs. But i'll stress again that they're very close and the e10k is a better option for most people who don't care enough. It's a great amp+dac, especially for the money.
>If they're exactly the same I'd fucking love to hear you explain that one.
>I'm still comparing them and the odac sounds slightly more rich with extended bass. I'm not fucking making it up either. I'd love to sell this and buy an e10k instead but it's slightly worse with my 600's and it was the same with my 702's when I first bought it. Period.

Aug 26 2016
>I owned the odac wih my hd600's until I tried my brothers e10k. They both sound exactly the same after extensive testing with the 600's[...]Don't fall for the memes.

Mar 24 2017
>I've only owned the e10k and odac combo before the fulla 2. Both of those sounded EXACTLY the same to me but from a quick test the fulla 2 seems like it sounds a little bit different but with better bass.
>>
>>59816002
Random C64 SIDs and Amiga MODs, Metal, Classical, OSTs from videogames and anime, idolm@ster/lovelive/otheridoltrash, oldish electronica.

Yeah, that video hurts to listen to somehow, whereas SIDs somehow do not.
>>
So I got a pair of audio technicas that I really like, but I mostly use them for gaming and lack a mic. What's the best way to add a mic?

I'd rather not have something big as my rig is out in the open in my appartment and I don't want it to look bad.
>>
>>59816125
I doubt they're all the same person.
>>
>>59816125
Chuckle. There must be more. I swear I've read at least ten brotherblogs with awful listening impressions of the same gear. These then being reposted to the following threads as truths to the point of nuisance.
>>
>>59815997
I currently have SHP9500S'. I used to have HD 518s, but became too muddy for me after I got used to the SHPs.

What I like about them:
>Comfort, specifically their wide pads
>Sound separation, especially compared to my last pair
>Soundstage, despite lacking depth

What I don't like about them:
>Shallow pads
>Non-replaceable pads
>Lack of bass
>Treble grain

As for Sennheisers, I don't think I will be considering any of them; HD 6X0s are $500+, and HD 5X8s are $200. At that point, I think there are better options. AKG K612s, K701s, and DT 880s are affordable, so thanks for the recommendations.
>>
im getting the cheapo sennheisers hd 201.Am i doing bad?
>>
>>59816302
For how much?
>>
>>59816327
20E
i really cant see any other good alternatives for somewhat closed and lightweight headphones
>>
>>59815847
Sorry, I didn't realize that you asked about the surface in my setup. I can't even remember what it's called but I bought it as a slight cushion for when I put my headphones down, without actually hanging them back up. I had one side of my 702's stop working in the past for no reason and the only thing I could put it down to was the fact that I put them down on my desk quite often. The truth is that they probably weren't soldered properly in the first place and I had to re-solder them to fix them.
>>
>>59816352
Oh, I see.

I'll eventually figure out a decent solution for the sliding OP3 issue. For now what I'm doing is putting it against my keyboard (das keyb 4 ultimate w/browns), which actually protrudes a bit over my OP3.

It's not perfect; The device still moves around sometimes. But it's decent-ish.

A rubber-ish grid is probably The Way, but unsure what to get or where.
>>
>Budget
~100$

>Location
US

>Source
iPod, phone, or laptop.

>Type of headphone
Full sized.

>Open or closed
Closed.

>Comfort level
Just nothing terrible.

>Sound signature
Warm to neutral. Details are nice.

>Past headphones
Nothing worth mentioning.

Probably going to get m40xs, am I making a mistake?
>>
>>59816125
Wow the autism is strong with this one.

I did say all that and I did convince myself that the o2 sounded better than the e10k. That was my first ever amp/dac upgrade so there was obviously a placebo effect. I bought the o2 expecting it to sound better. That wasn't the case with the fulla 2, I bought it for the extra features. I felt like a fucking retard after realizing that the e10k and o2 sounded the same.

The difference with the fulla 2 compared to the e10k is big. It's not slight at all and I've had absolute normies compare them and they hear the difference. We're talking blatant bass differences here at a very minimum. the e10k sounds quite flat in comparison.
>>
>>59816565
>We're talking blatant bass differences here at a very minimum. the e10k sounds quite flat in comparison.
Hmm. Is it the dac or the amp I do wonder.

Maybe chain the e10k output to the Fulla 2, and see if there's any improvement vs e10k alone. I'd also try the opposite, except for some stupid reason e10k lacks line-in.
>>
>>59816407
Damn I wish I could remember what this stuffs called. It's actually connected via string inside the sponge material so it's pretty sturdy as well as flexible.
>>
>>59816649
>It's actually connected via string inside the sponge material so it's pretty sturdy as well as flexible.
Sounds pretty good, if it's also rubbery / totally not slippery.
>>
Are the differences between the HD650 and HD600 not too important?

If I like a little bass am I okay with getting the 650 or is it just not that smart to do that when I can get the 600?
>>
>>59816672
The question is, do you prefer no bass over veil, or veil over no bass?
>>
>>59816700
I don't even know what veil is, my old headphones aren't audiophile at all to be honest.

I guess some cover to worse quality music doesn't sound that bad? But I wouldn't know since my current headphones aren't that good so It's literally all cover.
>>
>>59816125
Mar 25 2016
>So /g/ I just tested the o2 amp (no dac) vs the e10k, I was told a few weeks ago that I wouldn't notice a difference besides a volume increase, wrong. Me and my brother could hear a difference straight away, I even did a blind test and ended up stopping the first song after ten seconds, and guessing rightly. The o2 amp clearly has more clarity. Explain lads.
>Please stop being offended e10k owner. I only bought the o2 amp for a specific reason whilst owning the e10k myself but it turns out that it ACTUALLY sounds better. than the e10k. Me and my brother could hear the difference immediately, and we proved right with a make shift blind test.

Several months of "me and my brother" performing experimental error later:

August 17
>Someone try and prove to me why the o2 sounds better than the fiio e10k with the hd600's. I'm comparing both and it's incredibly hard to tell, i'm 95% sure they sound exactly the same with these headphones. I'm leaning towards selling the o2 because it's a massive waste of money if the e10k is doing the exact same job. Not to mention it's usb only and doesnt need a power lead. I'm talking about specifically with the hd600's. Which are clearly easy to drive.
>That's my point. I've owned a lot of good headphones and the differences are fairly obvious. I know the e10k is weaker than the o2 but with the hd600's they sound EXACTLY the same. I've tested both extensively to make sure.
>>
>>59816633
>Maybe chain the e10k output to the Fulla 2, and see if there's any improvement vs e10k alone

I'll actually try that next time. Either way they're both dac+amp combos and they sound different straight away. If you look at my previous quotes you will see that I said that they're very close. That was obviously me convincing myself that the o2 was better, and I remember how 'hard' I had to listen to hear a difference. it costs 4 times as much and it's powered by the mains, rather than usb. Of course it's going to sound better right? I was fairly new to this hobby then and I've since proclaimed that expensive amps/dacs are most likely a meme. I don't feel the same after buying my fulla 2. Like I said, I bought it for the extra features and I expected it to sound exactly the same. It doesn't. For the sake of this argument I'm not even going to say that it sounds better, but it certainly sounds different at the very least.
>>
>>59816666
It's not exactly rubbery, more foamy if that makes sense ,but It's very grippy. I'll search for it again a bit later or tomorrow. I'll reply back here when I find out what it is.
>>
>>59816279
You could always get a DT880 which is the least strong v-shape of the DT family and EQ the treble down to your liking, it comes in many impedances so it shouldn't be a problem finding on that fits exactly the gear you have.
>>
>>59816808
Thanks
>>
>>59816800
Great, thank you.
>>
>>59816672
I've owned both and I think the 600 is better. You will most likely prefer the 650's if you've only ever heard trash bassy headphones/iems like we all did at some point. They're honestly very close and the 650 isn't a blatantly more bassy version of the 600 imo, it just doesn't sound as clean. You will win either way, you will either both of them.
>>
>>59816672
You can grab either and it'll be fine.

HD600 and HD650 are more close to each other than not. They're both excellent cans for the price.
>>
>>59816767
>If you look at my previous quotes you will see that I said that they're very close

I meant the e10k and the o2
>>
>>59816302
shameless bump
>>
>>59816853
>You will most likely prefer the 650's if you've only ever heard trash bassy headphones/iems like we all did at some point.
I'd add to that: Immediately prefer, rather than a week or two after. Neutrality takes a while to get used to.

But at the end, it is better. Went through a lot of 600 vs 650 reviews before pulling the plug.
>>
>>59816302
At that price? Probably not. That's budget for a pizza.
>>
h, I bought the 600's first and ended up buying the 650's afterwards because I just need to know, and I assumed they would be a bassier version of the 600. I was disappointed. They barely had any more bass, they just didn't sound as clean or nice. That said, they're still the second best headphones that I've ever tried. Much better than 702's, k712's and x2's for example.
>>
>>59816672
Go to >>59816947
>>
>>59816766
Aug 7 2016
>What the actual fuck. I can actually hear the difference between the e10k and the odac. Why the fuck would you buy an amp that expensive 'for no special reason.
>Btw I bought the 650's last week from amazon as a test and they're technically worse than the 600's. The only improvement is the bass and the extra amount is TINY. The 600's sound better overall and the vocals are clearly better. Not even trying to be a dickhead or argue. I'm just being honest.
>>
>>59816412
M40X's are slighty V-Shaped while keeping the mids on the neutral side though aren't bad once you replace the pads since the stock ones are uncomfortable. The headphones below are also worth looking into.

Status CB-1/Somic MM185
NVX XPT100/Brainwavs HM5
>>
File: Arctis 7.png (201KB, 1000x575px) Image search: [Google]
Arctis 7.png
201KB, 1000x575px
>>59814446
Best headphone, prove me wrong.
>>
>>59816964
Thanks, I'm on bad form tonight.
>>
>>59808458
>Does anyone know what the difference between the Superlux 668b and 669 is? One of them has tons of glowing reviews and a lot of coverage, the other one just seems to have slipped out afterwards without anyone noticing it.

Both use the same drivers. 668B is open while the 669 is closed. I'm using the 668B's as my daily driver and have my 669 Clone, Samson SR950, in the closet as a backup set.
>>
>>59817005
>$150
>Wireless
>Gaming headset
This can't be good. Try going lower into the sub-$100 territory.
>>
>>59817049
Not an argument.
Just your own disbelief.
>>
File: 158267-2.jpg (409KB, 1920x1480px) Image search: [Google]
158267-2.jpg
409KB, 1920x1480px
>>59817086
Ha! Keep enjoying your virtual 7.1 surround sound, you delusional fuck. The true king has arrived. You have two? I have 8, you silly clown. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>59817129
Go away.
>>
>>59817005
>>59817129
>$150
Custom One Pro
>>
>>59817129
>that cheap leatherette work
>>
>>59817005
You spent money on that?
>>
Anyone here can help me with the Afterglow LVL 3 headset? My friend bought 2 pairs and the quality is mediocre aside from the constant crackling on our end. He bought a new pair and the problem is still there. Shitty headset or easy fix?
>>
>>59816835
Found it lad!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Spot-45500-125-Non-Slip/dp/B00UALIYVQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1491778898&sr=8-4&keywords=non+slip+mat
>>
>>59817146
>>59817168
>>59817183
Can't prove me wrong, eh? Kek. That was only the beginning. Take a look at these bad boys; and look! A metal headband. No snapping; already better than Sennheisers.
>>
>>59817192
>https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Spot-45500-125-Non-Slip/dp/B00UALIYVQ/
Whoah, thanks!.

In uk amazon, even! I'm in Ireland, so that's ideal.
>>
>>59817190
Shitty headset. I used to have one of those when I used to play on console andnit had the same problem. What platform are you using them on (Console, PC)?
>>
>>59817247
Any V-Moda shits all over it.
>>
>>59817190
I'd suggest to stop throwing money away in gaymer headsets.
>>
>>59817255
We talk over discord via phone while I'm at work then over ps4 when I'm home. Problems there both times.
>>
>>59817266
Kek. I'd like to see you prove me wrong.

>Metal headband
>No snapping
>Auto-adjusting FR
>Over-ear and in-ear at the same time

What's not to like? You can't even beat >>59817129 for the price.
>>
>>59817318
Why not just have IEM's at work and a seperate pair of headphones at home?
>>
>>59817254
Glad you're happy, but it more of a reference if anything. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the actual listing I bought from but it's the same product.

>In uk amazon, even! I'm in Ireland, so that's ideal.

I'm 3/4 irish but born in England. Happy to help another celtic bro ;)
>>
>>59817367
>IEM's
Im not that nerdy. I use default samsung earbuds and have had no complaints.
>>
>>59817471
uwot
>>
>>59817373
I'm not Irish though... I'm Spanish. Currently living in Ireland, but trying to GTFO to Tokyo.

Hoping my next job interview goes well...
>>
>>59817471
Thats what IEM's are. In-ear Monitors as in they go in your ear like your samsung earbuds.
>>
>>59816964
>>59816947
>>59816853
>>59816854
Thanks guys, I guess i'll shill the extra ~50 for the 600's since I'm basically goin all out anyways.
>>
>>59817572
A Spaniard living in ireland, I love it. I assumed you were irish but |I don't actually care lol. Japan is the end game? Good luck, I hope you make it bro.
>>
>>59817594
Well done. These are often called end game for good reason.
>>
>>59817584
unconventional for me tho, I dont need noise cancellation or amazing quality.
>>
>>59816125
>that speaker placement
aids
>>
>>59817679
>HD 600
>End game
>>
>>59816191
Modmic.
>>
File: mpv-shot0002.png (872KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0002.png
872KB, 1920x1080px
>>59817661
>Japan is the end game? Good luck, I hope you make it bro.
Yeah, thank you.

No love live arcade machines in Ireland. That's just how much life does suck in here.

Now, kidding aside, I spent a couple weeks there last spring, and now I absolutely have to live there no matter what. The pull is quite strong.

Once there, I'll make sure to get myself some stax earspeakers™.
>>
I currently have 2 headphones, HD600s and TH X00 that I use with my Lake People G109 amp. Is this my endgame? I want to try out some planars or a flagship thats a step up. What would you guys recommend?
>>
>>59817703
>I dont need noise cancellation
iems dont have noise cancellation other than some bose shit i think
>>
>>59817776
Get a HE-6
>>
File: LainLaugh.gif (295KB, 700x704px) Image search: [Google]
LainLaugh.gif
295KB, 700x704px
>>59816766
>>59816989
>>
>>59817752
I'm not an anime fag but I appreciate what japan do on every level. Did you speak jap at all when you went there? did they
seem to appreciate the fact that you're a white European?

I'd love to live there but I've never thought about it seriously.
>>
>>59817857
>Get a HE-6
Recommending hifiman shit.
>>
>>59817944
That's a nice argument you've got there.
>>
>>59817934
>Did you speak jap at all when you went there?
Yes, I tried hard to use it in shops and such.

>did they seem to appreciate the fact that you're a white European?
Idk. Nothing to compare to, as my japan-living friends are also all from Europe.

They were really accommodating and visibly happy about my effort to actually speak Japanese, despite my shitty level.

I know ~1k kanji and can read manga somewhat, but my grammar is terrible, so I have a hard time composing sentences.
>>
>>59817964
>That's a nice argument you've got there.
Their QC is infamous. Their shit does break. Their customer support is a bad joke.

Do some googling if you don't believe me; There's enough of that out there to know to stay the hell away from hifiman.
>>
>>59817703
You can get VE Monks if you dont need 'noise cancellation' since you can hear everything around you just fine.
>>
>>59817857
i thought these needed speaker amps to power them?
>>
>>59817979
>They were really accommodating and visibly happy about my effort to actually speak Japanese, despite my shitty level.

I can imagine. It must be weirdly satisfying having a conversation with an old japanese person knowing that they don't really like foreigners in general, especially those that don't care about the Japanese way of life.

What kind of work are you hoping to get out there? English teacher? I don't really know why/how western people get to live in japan.
>>
>>59817993
Schiit is guilty of the same crimes, and worse (blowing out peoples' headphones), yet they're shilled to hell and back here. People here are just butthurt that hifiman's entry level headphones blow commonly shilled garbage like the HD600 out of the water.
>>
>>59818195
>What kind of work are you hoping to get out there?
IT related. System administrator or software engineer.
>>
>>59818279
Is there a demand for that? or are you just that keen to work and live there?
>>
>>59816125
>>59816766
>>59816989
Part of me hopes to this is elaborate trolling but there's too much effort over such a long period of time and it isn't entertaining enough in single posts to be just that. As a collection this is hilarious however.

I remember well how he went into recommending whatever device sounded the best(he knows what he hears and isn't new to the game) religiously after each brainlet bros listening session. They also resulted into a plethora of posts telling others what's worth it.

>the difference in bass between HD 650/600 is TINY
>meanwhile these boxes on me and my brother's desk which barely even touch the frequency magnitude vary from "totally-not-placebo-night-and-day-improvement-because-i-heard-it-obvious" to "stop-wasting-your-money-they're-exactly-the-same-i-tested-it-to-make-sure"

Gee I wonder what's going on in there.
>>
>>59818402
Your samefagging is showing. You're no better.
>>
>>59818400
>Is there a demand for that?
There is some demand, yes. Japanese are very awkward with computers, and importing talent helps them a real deal.

>or are you just that keen to work and live there?
I'm keen to, but I am an engineer in computer science, and all my experience is related. It would be harder to find a job in a field I have no experience in. It would also pay shit; Tokyo is an expensive city. I need to be able to live to some standard.
>>
My headphones started cutting out in the left earmuff so I want a new pair. My old pair was a corsair "gaming" headset. Will I regret spending only ~$40 on a pair? I live in canada so I was just going to swing by canada computers.
>>
>>59818470
Anything Superlux is great for their price except for maybe the 681 EVOs unless youre into NiggaBass.
>>
>>59818468
I get what you're saying overall. You want to live the japan dream, and it seems you have the means to make it happen. It's going to happen for you eventually. Enjoy it m8, you've made it.
>>
>>59818536
>Enjoy it m8, you've made it.
I'll save that for when I'm there. Now there's a lot of work to do.

I have a videoconference interview soon... it wasn't easy to get to this point, and fucking up would be so easy... like missing or "good"-ing a note in love live sif and breaking combo.
>>
>>59817729
They're front firing speakers that are used for background tv noise 95% of the time. When I roll over to play my ps4 the position is perfect.
>>
>wear glasses
>every headphone is incredibly uncomfortable to wear
>can't afford contacts

Its not fair.
>>
>>59818656
>every headphone is incredibly uncomfortable to wear
Shouldn't happen. Over ear should be alright.

If it's not alright, something is wrong with your glasses. They should be slightly touching your head in the vicinity of the ear, where headphones would meet your head.

If they're separated, they're not adjusted properly. Bring it up to your optician.
>>
>>59818233
There is no evidence that any headphones were blown, and after that accident they offered a free patching to any assgard and their customer support is good. Hi-fi memes customer support is shit, build quality of their products WENT DOWN with time and their comfort is as bad as audeze, except for he1000, and they were actually bribing reviewers with cheap in ears to leave a 5 star reviews for their high end headphones.

>>59817776
>>59817857
>>59817944
Only HiFi senpai that I would suggest is HE-500 but it might be a bit of a sidegrade since they are somewhat similar to HD600 but they are decent, have a good midrange, better sub bass, and if chinks didn't fuck up with their build they are ok. Otherwise STAX lambda series for that sweet, sweet midrange or HD800, don't get 800S you can mod HD800 with no problem. But otherwise you have HD600 with sweet midrage and TH000 with sweet bass.
>>
>>59818656
Buy glasses with really thin arms, and get headphones with really soft squishy leather pads.
>>
File: 307.jpg (72KB, 788x685px) Image search: [Google]
307.jpg
72KB, 788x685px
>>59818580

>I'll save that for when I'm there. Now there's a lot of work to do.

That's the kind of mentality that tells me that you'll make it. You fucking want it. Now go and get it.

I'm going to bed. Enjoy your Japanese future you cunt.
>>
>>59815462
>I'd like to try a schiit stack but I prefer the fact that the fulla 2 plugs in via usb and it's all very clean and small. I love the volume knob too.
Modi2 is also USB. As you've got a Fulla2 already, you could just chain Fulla2 DAC output to Magni2 input. If you get the Uber version, you could even connect your speakers too.

Modi2 *uber* would provide usb, optical and coax spdif, with a button to switch inputs. Modi2 non-uber offers no value over the Fulla2 you already have.
>>
>>59818759
Good night. I should also go to bed sometime soon, if I'm to make it to work today.
>>
>>59818656
What? I wear glasses and I've never had a problem. I'm talking multiple styles of glasses.

I've used dt770's, 702's, k712's, 600's, 650's t50rp's, t40rps and x2's.
>>
>>59818752
Keep drinking that schiit kool-ade, stupid goy.
>>
>>59814910
Bottlehead crack is better.
>>
>>59816994
Thanks!
>>
File: 1450286152730.jpg (312KB, 519x778px) Image search: [Google]
1450286152730.jpg
312KB, 519x778px
>over\on ear
>flat foldable
>portable
>under 75
>>
>>59818848
Butt I am a shlomo myself? Check m8 shitter.
>>
>>59818855
That's tube-based. Would compete with lyr2 or vali2, not magni2.

I'm somewhat curious about tubes, as the last time I heard any I was still a small child.

The fact that they only last a few thousand hours is not very appealing.
>>
>>59818934
Porta Pros
>>
>>59818945
>schiit shills are kikes
Color me surprised.
With Jews, you lose.
>>
File: Schiit Lyr.png (1MB, 1239x6421px) Image search: [Google]
Schiit Lyr.png
1MB, 1239x6421px
>>59818752
>There is no evidence that any headphones were blown
Asgard was "merely" unsafe, as far as is known.
Schiit Lyr did destroy drivers.

>>59817857
Discontinued for some time.

>>59818153
Not quite.
The sensitivity is exceptionally low compared to other modern headphones. As it is low impedance, it is especially challenging for devices with limited current reserves.
However, the impedance of the HE-6 is much higher than that of any loudspeaker.
>>
>>59819023
>Discontinued for some time
There is this thing called buying used.
>>
>>59817776
>Is this my endgame?
You are the only person who can say whether you want to buy more things.
So, do you want to try stuff out for its own sake? Or do you have some clear motive in mind?

>>59819033
Sure you can. The availability is just not reliable. Not as popular as old Stax sets, for instance.
But why the HE-6 anyway?
>>
What music player should I get that doesn't cost over 50$? Literally something that supports lossless and has lots of storage would be enough.
>>
>>59819023
>Asgard was "merely" unsafe, as far as is known.
Isn't that their very first amp?

I know they had some issues at first which led them to adding protection relays to everything. They even retrofitted them to customers for free.
>>
>>59818784
So Your'e saying that the magni 2 is a better amp than what the fulla 2 provides?
>>
>>59819188
It gives more power than the Fulla 2 at the same price so yes, it's a better amp.
>>
>>59819205
Thanks. I'm going to try it.
>>
>>59819023
Yes, Lyr did blow schiit up my bad, but it was made specifically for orthos being able to deliver 6 watts into 32 ohm and there were warnings about that.
>>
>>59819145
>Isn't that their very first amp?
It was launched with the Valhalla.
The issues with the Lyr happened a couple of months before Shike reported his problem with the Asgard.
>>
>>59819188
Objective: More power, more gain, gain switch, more effective with higher impedance loads.

Subjective: Effectively as good as the fulla2 with HD598, but much much better than the fulla2 with HD600. Confirmed by several anons here and some other people elsewhere.
>>
>>59819322
Thanks also. I'm pulling the trigger. I'll return it if it's clearly not better than the fulla 2.
>>
>>59819277
>Yes, Lyr did blow schiit up my bad, but it was made specifically for orthos being able to deliver 6 watts into 32 ohm and there were warnings about that.
Oh. Classic tube amp. People will always fuck up despite warnings.

It's good to try and add protections against foolishness. Good thing they've learned from these early experiences.
>>
>>59819372
>it's the user's fault their hardware was garbage!
Schiit fanboys most delusional in all /hpg/? Oh yeah.
>>
>>59819322
Please link with schitt product you're actually referring to.
>>
>>59819414
>schiit fanboys blah blah.
There's also gonna be people who fry their equipment by plugging the 110V AC adapter to 220V AC, and worse.

Hardware makers can't be held responsible for users who ignore every warning, do moronic things and end up blowing their hardware up, if not outright killing themselves darwin award style.
>>
>>59819436
http://schiit.com/products/magni-2

As compared to: http://schiit.com/products/fulla-2
>>
>>59819473
Yep, cause not remembering to unplug your headphones every time you power cycle your hardware is definitely not trash design.

Schiit retards think it's acceptable for your computer to fry your mouse, keyboard, and monitor if you don't unplug them before turning your computer off or on. That's how delusional they are. Then again, they bought from a company literally named after shit, sooooo
>>
File: mpv-shot0014.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0014.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Idol trash signing off. Time for some well-deserved sleep.

Good night, anons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C94QCsFUUk
>>
>>59819277
>>59819372
It's not like they set their headphones on fire or played music at very high levels until the driver popped out.
The culprit was the power cycling transient, which is in no way a feature.

But this is all history.
>>
>>59819528
I don't think you understand what the Lyr issue was.

As for power cycling the asgard with headphones attached, it was scary for a subset of headphones, but it never broke anything. They added protection relays to everything after that.
>>
>>59819566
>nothing happened! i swear!
Denying reality is a staple of Schiitards.
>>
>>59819495
Not sure if my fulla 2 would sound worse.
>>
>>59819562
It was a somewhat schitty design, after all as far as I know they DID say you could use it with your dynamics. I am planning to get Vali 2 from them, been reading on them recently and this was one of the things that I saw.
>>
Had a $40 gift card on hand, so I ordered some 668B's on a whim.

Only other open headphones I've ever had are SHP's, will they complement each other, or will I end up leaving the 668B's on the shelf?
>>
File: 1474033901948.jpg (53KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
1474033901948.jpg
53KB, 1280x536px
>>59814446
ID on these cans?
>>
/hpg/ I just took the pads off my k712 for the first time and saw a small circular foam pad in there. What the hell, I thought, why not try them without the foam pads on the driver and see what happens?

They turned into treble canons. That's why not. Piercing highs and sibilance where before I could hear clear vocal enunciation and cymbals. This led me to wonder if anybody has tried similar pads on the drivers of k702 etc. and what effect it has on the reportedly harsh high range.

Has it been done?
>>
>>59821409
sony mdr-xb950bt

don't

they're blutooth with niggerbass
>>
File: DSC_0011_1.jpg (94KB, 400x333px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0011_1.jpg
94KB, 400x333px
>>59821409
Sony XB950BT
>>
>>59817005
>wireless
>steelseries
>closed
>fashion cans

Your opinion is just wrong anon.
>>
>>59821484
>>59821409
More importantly, if you lose/break the 3mm jack, the only one that fits in the headphones is the spare/replacement cable Sony offers, which is $50. I have a pair, lost the cable, and now I can only use the Bluetooth which sounds like crap running on Linux Mint
>>
>>59821645
We all learn that wireless peripherals are shit at one point in time. You learned when your headphones broke I guess.
>>
I need a headphone that has a small but tight band, over the ear style without cups, and is not bulky

I need it for running, ear buds keep slipping out and make me rage

Any suggestions?
>>
>>59821715
only bluetooth devices with apple's W1 chip work well. they do it right. there's a bunch of beats with it that sound OK if you need wireless.
>>
File: IMG_20170410_173718.jpg (2MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170410_173718.jpg
2MB, 4608x3456px
some chink shit arrived
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-10-00-19-56.jpg (101KB, 1440x576px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-10-00-19-56.jpg
101KB, 1440x576px
What kind of sound signature is this? V shaped, slightly v shaped? Im trying to get more familiar with these type of charts.
>>
>>59821715
The issue was that I lost the cable jack, so now I can only use them wirelessly unless I want to put in half a hundred for a simple wire that probably cost Sony only $5 or less to make. The bluetooth to my surprise also sounds fine from my phone or iPod. It just doesn't connect well with the Bluetooth drivers on Mint.
>>
>>59821824
It's hard to tell without knowing the compensation curve they're using but that looks V shaped.
>>
>>59821824
Where do I find this so I can get a chart?
>>
>>59821755
So on ear headphones? Cheapest on ears I can recommend are Koss SportaPros or Koss KSC75's. For running, I would take a look at earbuds that go around your ear rather than straight down since they generally stay in your ear a lot better like Tennmak Pros, MEE M6 Pros or Soundmagic E30's.
>>
>>59821884

Yeah I have a pair that loop around the ears but they still get loose and kinda come out

I'll check those out, thanks
>>
New to headphones, bought a HD598 ($240 Australian price, and that was for open box so it was a discount), 1. is it worth getting a DAC + amp? 2. If so, for what price?

and 3. how long should I expect these headphones to last before they break? (assuming I'm careful and never take them anywhere away from my computer)
>>
>>59822123
1. No
3. 1 year until pad replacement, 5-10 years otherwise
>>
>>59815248
Id look into the Gr07 Classic or Gr07 bass edition. Both are on the warm side with a relatively balanced sound sig with the bass edition being ever so slightly more bassy. Probably 2-3 db more in the midbass. They both have removable cables and are comfy.
>>
K612pro or HD380pro? Same price.
>>
>>59822307
One is closed and one is open. If that doesn't matter to you, I'd go with the K612 because it doesn't have a wonky frequency response like the HD380 does.
>>
>>59822321
>One is closed and one is open
If I wanted better bass I would pick up hd380pro I'm guessing?
>>
>>59819414
>>59819528
>>59819576
Are you a little dim? Are you going to call me a Schiit fanboy for asking this?
>>
>>59822390
If you wanted more bass, yes.
Better is subjective, and I tend to think that less but tighter bass is better. If you want more boomy head-shaking bass, you might not agree.
>>
>>59822392
Not an argument. Not that your ilk ever make real arguments.
>>
>>59822431
No, I never posted in the first place. Go read what was said again. This time without the idea that someone who doesn't think all Schiit is shit or simply has a neutral tone has to be a Schiit fanboy. I truly don't know how did you manage to derive that from what the anon(s?) said.

Want to tell me what was the problem with Lyr because I don't know either.
>>
>>59822472
No, you're the one who needs to go and re-read. It's very clear what I was addressing and if you don't get it, you lack basic reading comprehension.
>>
How noticeable is the loss of quality or intensity of sounds in wireless headphones?
>>
>>59822123
>HD598
Sounds very different with an amp, due to strange and very pronounced impedance vs frequency. Schiit Fulla 2 suits it well.
>>
>Budget
500-700 usd or less
>Location
Russia
>Source
ibasso dx80
>Type of headphone
full size
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
depends on the sound
>Sound signature
I've always preferred neutral
>Past headphones
none, didn't listen on the go
>>
>>59822747
There's no known decent wireless headphones, at any price.

Not even up to $50 standards.
>>
>>59822789
Sennheiser HD380 Pro.
>>
>>59821824
awful

20db notch in the treble, and a 10db bass boost

that looks terrible, no matter what the chart is
>>
>>59822789
Beyerdynamic dt 250/dt 150

Check out any live radio gig, or orchestra recording. Chances are they're using those headphones.
>>
>>59821810
Wrong thread anon >>59822599
>>
What is the hd 559 comparable to? Can't seem to find much about it on google.
>>
File: ATH-M50X.jpg (285KB, 1500x1279px) Image search: [Google]
ATH-M50X.jpg
285KB, 1500x1279px
Owned these for about 2 years now and I finally figured out why I was dissatisfied with the bass compared to my portapros. Today when I pushed them in on my ears I finally found the sound I was looking for. Essentially I want the on-ear headphone feel (where you can feel the vibration against your ear) on my m50x. Are there any thinner paddings that could accomplish this or will I have to make my own?
>>
>>59823117
Just get a different pair of headphones. You might like Beyerdynamic Custom Streets.
>>
>>59822801
Not neutral.

>>59822789
MSR7 might be good.
>>
>>59823189
Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqI7gQbuSoE
Just watched this video and have no idea wtf this guy is talking about. I'm not an audiophile or anything but I do listen to a lot of music and really enjoy when the audio sounds full. The m50x doesn't really do that for me I guess I've just put up with it for years since I had them lol.

I'll def check these out.
>>
>>59822793
Not this nonsense again.
>$50 standards
The what?

>>59822747
Intensity as in amplitude? That isn't dependent on the data transmission method used.
>how noticeable
It's dependent on the technology used, sample used and your own listening skill. Anything from not noticeable at all to awful. The standards and technologies used are a mess making wireless headphones a bit hard to research on. The shortcomings of the technology is comparable to lossy encoding. It doesn't show up in measurements. Measurements also don't tell about their self noise which is another potential problem with wireless headphones.
>>
>>59823281
>The what?
Wireless are so bad that $50 wired headphones will sound better than any price wireless.

They're not even worth considering at the time.
>>
>>59816125
Now sober and I still admit to everything. I only come here when I'm drunk and like I said, that was the first amp upgrade I ever made, and I didn't know much at the time. I'll put the o2 down to placebo effect, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually better than the e10k. Who knows, either way both were very flat ad harsh sounding from what I remember. The fulla sounds completely different to the e10k and o2. I challenge anyone to compare them.
>>
>>59823337
That is just a complete nonsense but do explain, what exactly do you think is the problem with wireless headphones' sound quality? I'm interested in knowing what does the wireless data transmission have to do with it and what do you base that'd claim on. And it's yet again the same stupid argument based on the already flawed premise that "because wireless sounds worse than a wired headphone it isn't worth to buy wireless". If you'd put any thought into this and people's different needs for headphones you might realize that even if you were right on wireless always being worse sounding, there would still be people who would buy them due to the convenience or whatever their personal use case might be.
>>
I got a pair of K621 and the cable that is inside the phones is broken i think as i lose sound and the sound becomes wierd but when i move the cable it fixes it.
Anyone know how to fix it? Or should i just buy new ones?
>>
>>59823392
It's nothing to do with technology/electronics, fool. Nobody is saying it's not feasible.

There's just no known decent wireless headphone, that's all.
>>
>Location
Australia
>Budget
$1000 au
>Source
cambridge dacmagic plus
>type
Planar Open backed
>Earcup
Circumaural
>Balance
Neutral + Detailed
>Purpose
Recording and tracking

>Previous headphones
K712
dt880
dt150
ad700
hd600

Want some planar bass but still want something I can use to record guitar and vocal tracks. If I have to go dynamic to do that I am willing.
>>
>>59824452
at the moment I'm considering the he-560
>>
Are these worth the money?
aiaiai.dk/configurator
H04 S04 E05
>>
>>59824663
Lol @ sound profiles.

Those 3-band FR tell the story: Absolute trash.
>>
>>59824452
Can't really suggest a planar, but I do wonder: What's your fav among your previous headphones, and why.
>>
>>59825191
Can you suggest something else? Looking for closed back and good sound quality. Main source Pc/android (99%/1%), movies, anime and games. These looked appealing because they were modular. Considering I've broken quite a few cables, the detachable cable was really nice. Also the prospect of being able to change each piece was really intriguing
>>
File: Dracula.jpg (24KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula.jpg
24KB, 1280x720px
Let's have a laught and relax with our headphones /g/ents, shall we?
http://debofnight.andcuriouser.com/
>>
>>59823829
>There's just no known decent wireless headphone, that's all.
I can think of multiple. Am I crazy?
>>
>>59825305
Does it absolutely have to be closed?

If so, DT770, HD380 Pro.
>>
HD600/650 owners are the strongest race
>>
I don't understand

Is the Xiaomi redmi 4 better than the Xiamo redmi note 3 pro?
>>
>>59821824
Get an actual FR graph. I assume that is just some manufacturer's shit.
>>
>>59825642
>I can think of multiple. Am I crazy?
Don't keep them to yourself, SHARE!
>>
>>59826058
Have to be strong not to cry when it snaps.
>>
>>59826244
Not happening.

Only retards would try and stretch the headband.
>>
>>59823673
Sounds like a broken connector. If you have a soldering iron, cut the end off, and reterminate it.

Did you buy used tho? If not, get them replaced, assuming theyre still within warranty.
>>
>Budget
~£200, flexible

>Location
England

>Source
Fiio x1, PC

>Type of headphone
Full size

>Open or closed
Closed, but could do open

>Comfort level
Would be willing to compromise for better sound

>Sound signature
Neutral, but willing to toy with others

I listen to a lot of dreamy, hypnotic type stuff - don't know what kind of headphones would compliment sounds like this desu (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_ICl20EJjY for example)

Thanks!
>>
>>59826506
K612
>>
What would happen if I used an RCA to 3.5mm female adapter to plug the headphones in, instead of putting the headphones into the proper dedicated 3.5mm port?
Would this damage the headphones? What if I did this with one of those generic amplifier/subwoofers meant for desktop speakers?
>>
File: m2u-rr-1920.jpg (65KB, 960x647px) Image search: [Google]
m2u-rr-1920.jpg
65KB, 960x647px
>>59826603
Dropped my image
>>
>>59826506
Sennheiser HD600.
>>
>>59826603
It'll output line out level into your headphones. Potentially killing them outright. [or your ears]
>>
>>59825684
Don't want sound spilling out, so it must be closed, yes.
>>
>>59826603
Line level outputs. They're not meant for headphones.

The impedance of line outputs is high, so it'll probably sound shit. Shouldn't blow them up, but that's not the right way to plug headphones...
>>
Who does k612pro cost as much as dt880pro where I live?
>>
>>59826321
>retards
>HD600/650 owners
Pick exactly two.
>>
>>59826182
Wrong board, you're looking for /CSG/
>>
>>59826794
No idea, but k612 pro are better headphones anyway.
>>
KZ ZST or KZ ATE ?
I can choose one of these chinkshits.
>>
"Pro" cables are a meme, right? No sense paying twice as much because one has a gold plated connector?
>>
>>59827388
Yes and no. Shit cables can have negative impact on audio quality. But going full audiophile on cables is retarded too. Just don't buy complete shit and you will be fine. I like chinkshit Vention cables very much. Gold plated, good quality shielding and good quality cables in general. Very cheap too, but you need to wait for chink shipping. You can also make your own cables cheap if you can solder.
>>
>>59827476
Fug, guess I should return the bottom of the barrel cord I picked up from wallyworld on the way to work.
>>
>>59827388
What to look for in a good cable:

-Build quality(bends easily enough but doesn't stick in shape or get tangled)
-Good connectors(sturdy, good termination to the cable with a relief, locking if this applies, gold and rhodium plating is there to prevent oxidation and corrosion)
-Shielding from interference
-Proper length and gauge if it's a speaker wire
-Looks

>no sense
Up to you. This doesn't necessarily cost much at all.
>>
>>59826224
AKG N90Q
Bose QuietComfort 35
Sony MDR-1000X
LG Tone Platinum HBS-1100
Jaybird X3
Beats Solo 2/3
Most of the Sennheiser RS lineup for home use
>>
>>59819528
Actually a better analogy would be someone corrupting their USB because they didn't use "safely remove hardware", which is still the recommend process by the engineers who designed it, and then crying about it
>>
>>59828018
None of those are particularly known for their SQ.
>>
>Budget
more or less £100

>Location
UK

>Source
PC

>Type of headphone
full sized

>Open or closed
closed

>Comfort level
They will probably be on my head all day, so I'd be nice if they were comfy

>Sound signature

>Past headphones
I've never had any specific headphones that costed more than £10, I would like to finally invest in some decent ones
>>
>>59828772
Brainwavs HM5
>>
>>59822946
What I've heard about 559 is that it is actually worse than the 558 it "succeeds".

HD599 is however an actual overall improvement on HD598, with most noticeably a little more bass.

This is all hearsay... sadly there's very little in terms of reviews of these new cans.
>>
>>59828772
Are you absolutely sure you need them to be closed?

Else, I'd suggest HD599, 598se or 558.

Closed: HD380 Pro
>>
File: 1477250816474.jpg (116KB, 724x897px) Image search: [Google]
1477250816474.jpg
116KB, 724x897px
Are there headphones that specialize in soundstage? Or ones generally known for their superior sound stage?
Also, how much does sound stage depend on recording quality?
>>
>>59829222
AKG K712's have very wide soundstage
>>
>>59829222
>Are there headphones that specialize in soundstage?
ath-ad series, open akg headphones, hd800, x2's,
>>
>>59829222
>Are there headphones that specialize in soundstage?
No because they barely have it and with headphones it's entirely dependent on the frequency response.
>Or ones generally known for their superior sound stage?
Not really. Use EQ to do what you can if you want to prioritize on it over response accuracy. Additional DSP like crossfeed can help to shift headphones more into loudspeaker like reproduction where stereo image is more coherent.
>Also, how much does sound stage depend on recording quality?
Stereo is a requirement so in that sense it's entirely dependent on the recording. Most music is stereo. How the track is mixed is what fundamentally dictates the image and how the stage is laid out. You'll heard it when it's played back through stereo loudspeaker setup. Soundstage is the product of stereophonic audio and our sound localization process. Headphones omit the localization cues required for it hence stereo audio through headphones sounds like all sounds are panned inside your head as opposed to a stage in front of you.
>>
File: 1489480050018.png (10KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1489480050018.png
10KB, 645x773px
>>59829418
So it doesn't matter much because it's fundementally flawed(lack of actual travel distance) and I should get closed because it does what it's supposed to do(bass)?
>>
>>59827363
ZS3 > ZST > ATE
>>
>>59829527
Don't listen to him, he's $10 Walmart shitphones anon. He thinks that EQ will turn $10 Walmart shitphones into HD800s.
>>
>>59827007
City people chose AKG
>>
>>59829222
HD598, HD800/S, grados
>>
Hey I just bought a corsair void wired, and the sound sounds a little muffled so I installed their corsair utility engine so i can play with the volumes. the utility engine disables my drivers though and my headset is undetectable by windows until i uninstall cue
>>
>>59830019
Return them and buy something not shit.
>>
>>59829991
No they choose beats.
>>
>>59829527
It's not about travel distance per se but sound localization is dependent on both ears working as sensory inputs for the same sounds so some distance is required for this to work naturally. You can't create soundstage on headphones alone and the little which headphones do alter it can be dialed in afterwards with EQ.

>Closed
If you have a good closed back in mind why not. If you need isolation closed is the only option. Open back headphones can reproduce bass just fine but closed backs have an advantage at potentially keeping pressure in better and allowing deeper extension. It varies a lot from model to model.

>>59829809
It's getting pretty weak anon. You still haven't brushed up basics, somehow still feel confident enough to give advice on concepts you evidently have no clue on and still didn't actually understand what I wrote back then or are just misquoting me for shitposting purposes. Please quit, it's regressive.
>>
How do I make my Superlux as effay as the AKG anime girls wear?
>>
>>59830110
Become an anime girl first.
>>
>>59830086
You're not wrong; My friends won't dare try my PortaPros because "Looks>Sound" normies want effay.
>>
>>59830134
Done, what else
>>
>>59830138
Some effay headphones sound good too. They're just relatively uncommon and most are quite expensive.
>>
>>59830138
PortaPros sound like shit though. Actually I think looks are the only reason to use those.
>>
>>59814446
IS THERE A RIGHT WAY OF EQUALIZING HEADPHONES? OR SHOULD I JUST TURN UP THE BASS
>>
>>59830110
Buy an amp, buy a dac, buy an AKG.

Or better, just get HD600.
>>
>>59829222
>>59829418

There are headphones that specialise in soundstage, HD800 were made after a speaker response in a diffuse field however speakers will still blow headphones when it comes to soundstage altho there is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gk5Tw6yWGo but speakers still are your best bet.

>>59829527
Just get what sounds good for you, if you want to complement your speaker set up then you can go for something like HD600 with relaxed sound, nice highs and forward vocals/midrange.
>>
>>59829222
DT990
>>
>tfw my astro a40s are still going strong but desperately want a new mic and headset
GOD DAMMIT IM SICK OF THESE THINGS
>>
>>59833282
>headset
>>
Should I get the Superlux HD-668B, HD662 EVO, the ATH-M40x, or something else entirely?
>>
>>59833537
Depends on your needs, wants, and budget
>>
>>59833561
Something balanced and comfortable, over-ear
Budget should be around 100 dollars or lower. But out of those, which one is the better option?
>>
>>59814446
What's the highest audio quality wireless headphones I can get? Need them to be wireless for commuting. I don't mind a little bass but harsh highs are definitely a no.
What would you suggest?
For in-home use I have my hd600s btw.
>>
>>59833579
what about HM5?

superlux are bright, not balanced.
M40x not comfy enough unless you change pads.
>>
>>59814446
Is it bad for your headphones to have them at full volume for extended periods of time? sometimes i just like having my headphones on my desk and using them like a speaker
>>
HD600 master race here.
>>
>>59833746
Those are significantly more expensive than the M40x where I am. I could always change the pads on the latter, do you think they are a good choice other than that?
>>
>>59833977
Status CB-1/Somic MM185 are similar to the M40x's and won't need new pads.

Comes with 3.5 detachable, so you can use a boom pro for your gaymin needs.
>>
is DT770 and fidelio x2 the only cans that i can get for niggerbass that can be used without an amp?
>>
>>59835341
Basically; From there when you get an amp, grab Argon.
>>
>>59835373
what the fuck language are you speaking
>>
>>59835341
Don't get the 770's for bass, I made the same mistake.
>>
>>59835407
what do you recommend then?
>>
>>59825200
I've had the k712 for so long now I wouldn't be able to reliably compare them to anything I had previously. But if I had to answer probably the k712. From my admittedly scratchy memory the dt880 the only thing close but was a little bit more closed in and had less detail.
>>
>>59835437
Creative aurvana live, vmoda m100, fidelio x2, fostex x00 are all very bassy from what I've heard. The 770 has very well defined bass, and good sub bass reproduction, but it is not an extremely bass heavy pair of headphones in my opinion
>>
>>59835577
Whut? 770's are far bassier than all those headphones. TH-X00 would be the closest.
>>
>>59835632
>770's are far bassier than all those headphones
I guess I'm just retarded and have high expectations then.
>>
>>59835384
DT770/X2's are probably the best you can get without needing an amp. Once you do get a nice amp like a Magni2, ModHouse Argon's would be the next closed bassy upgrade.
>>
>>59835662
I recently got the DT770, they're not as bassy as I expected, which is a plus to me.
>>
I need help trying to decide between a few headphones.
>The headphones
I'm trying to pick between the HD 700, HD 650, HE 400i, HE 500. But I am more than willing to take suggestions for other headphones
> Budget
Around $450
> Location
Maryland
> Source
I'm going to buy a decent DAC and AMP to supplement it (right now I'm thinking of a Schiit stack).
> Open or closed
Open
> Comfort level
I tend to listen for several hours at a time, so comfort is important.
> Music
I mostly listen to classic rock, metal, and punk
> Sound signature
I'm not too sure as to what exactly I want here, but I do know that I don't want anything too bassy and like both the vocals and instrumentals to be clear. Really I just want something well suited to rock, whatever that may be.
> Past Headphones
I currently use ATH-M50x. Overall I do enjoy these headphones quite a bit, but something about them just feels lacking (the best word I can think of to describe this is 'shallow')
>>
SHP 9500 owners, any EQ tips for a plebian?

I understand the basics, just wondering what frequencies to cut and the Q to make them more neutral.
>>
>>59836048
HD 650 sound perfect for you
>>
File: zoom-g3n-256214.jpg (389KB, 1000x741px) Image search: [Google]
zoom-g3n-256214.jpg
389KB, 1000x741px
Alright guys, help a poor musician out. Looking for over ear, open back. Flat EQ. Must be able to reproduce clean bass guitar fairly well. Comfort is not a big deal. I'm sure you've heard this before, but I'm pretty much asking for something to do basic mixing with for dirt cheap. I'm talking $10-20. Audio source will be PC sound card.

Not looking for anything amazing, but I have two major goals this month: pay rent and send a demo out. Songs have guitar, bass, keys, drums, and reverb.
>>
>>59837236
If I had to pick one headphone for cheap: Superlux HD-681, the non-evo. You don't get flatter in that price range and EQ can help with the remaining coloration.
>>
File: _laying_1.jpg (122KB, 795x530px) Image search: [Google]
_laying_1.jpg
122KB, 795x530px
http://www.akg.com/pro/p/k872

This has gone completely under my radar. I bet it's shit but I'm hoping it isn't.
>>
>>59837305
Thanks a million.
>>
i can hardly hear the difference between my m40x and ~$20 euro sony earbuds, are my ears retarded?
>>
>>59838235
IEMs are just good
>>
>>59838353
How much do I have to spend to get mind blowing audio then
>>
>>59838481
you can probably drop acid for like $20
>>
What's a fair price for a used E10K?
>>
File: mpv-shot0018.jpg (1024KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0018.jpg
1024KB, 1920x1080px
When you've got HD600 :)
>>
Okay so I brought the K7xx and the Schitt Fulla 2.
Had them about a month and I must say I'm a little underwhelmed.
Comparing these products with the Logitech G35 Headset I was using, they're way comfier and I can single out instruments slightly better in music. Audio is also noticeably better.
Am I missing something because this isn't $300 better than my Logitech G35 atleast to my ear.
>>
>>59838634
wtf I love hd600 now?!
>>
>>59838676
https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=character&charid=71884

Keyword: Narcissistic
>>
>>59838593
Less than $50.

Asked them why are they selling it?

They probably got a Schiit Fulla 2 or the Modi/Magni stack.
>>
>>59838666
K712 is better.
XX is good though.
Good choice anyway.
>>
I think my HD600 cable might be messing with the left channel of my headphone. Before buying a replacement driver I want to get a cable first to see if that fixes it.

I would get the HD650 cable but 3m is stupidly long for a desktop headphone, in fact it's the reason why my original cable might be damaged, it's so long that it falls to the floor often and gets ran over by my 185lbs body and chair.

You guys know any cheap HD650 cables that are preferably 1-1.2m long?

I was thinking this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271906435720
But I dunno about it's sound quality compared to an OEM
>>
>Budget
200USD
>Location
Tokyo
>Source
PC
>Type of headphone
Full
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Any is ok
>Sound signature
neutral or warm
>Past headphones
ATH-MSR7
>>
>>59838235
Price isn't an indication of quality and in ears can be just as good or better than over ear headphones. If your in ears have similar frequency response as the M40X they are going to sound similar. Being able to hear that coloration is a skill which you can train, nothing to do with your ears unless you are tone-deaf or lost your hearing.
>>
>>59838866
>But I dunno about it's sound quality compared to an OEM
If you're worrying about *cable* sound quality, you should turn yourself over at an audiophile clinic.

That is quite severe.
>>
Is E10k comparable with Q1?
>>
File: mpv-shot0001.png (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0001.png
3MB, 1280x720px
>>59838866
>I think my HD600 cable might be messing with the left channel of my headphone.
Why not connect the sides flipped? If the problem switches to the right, you'll be sure the cable is to blame.

>it's so long that it falls to the floor often and gets ran over by my 185lbs body and chair.
FFS, run it through a different path. Such as your desk, from behind the desk.
>>
>>59814446
What about Beats™ by Dr. Dre™? Do you like them?
>>
>>59839963
Brilliant choice! we at /g/ highly recommended them.
>>
>Budget
100$ Max
>Location
US
>Source
Laptop
>Type
Full sized
>Open or Closed
Closed
>Comfort level
I would prefer headphones comfortable for extended periods of time.
>Past headphones
I’ve never had anything above shitty gaming headsets. I’m currently using a pair of Panasonic earbuds that I despise, so any entry-level pair will be a huge upgrade.
>>
>>59840702
Generic recommendations:
HM5/XPT100
Status CB-1 - can use boom pro for vidya.
M40x - likely need pads.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.