[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/hpg/ - Headphone General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 48

File: 3b41debb95d53b289ec57588f62de68d.jpg (364KB, 1500x1489px) Image search: [Google]
3b41debb95d53b289ec57588f62de68d.jpg
364KB, 1500x1489px
>Goodbye Rato Edition

--PLEASE USE THIS FORM TO GET PURCHASE ADVICE--
>Requesting purchase advice:
http://pastebin.com/hjHkKDyM
Asking "Hey guys, what's your opinion on x?" is frowned upon.

>/g/ wiki headphone FAQ:
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

>Previous thread:
>>52876730
>>
Continuing thoughts on J.V.C HA-SZ2000

I saw a couple reviews of it, but it does seem to be a low production headphone that'd be risky to purchase. Supposedly legendary in bass.

Not buying it, but does anyone have experience with these cans? Highly curious about them.
>>
What is the best I can get for $500 that is actually worth it and not audiophile snobbery?
>>
>>52891809
an hd600 + objective 2 amp.
>>
>>52891809

hd600 for neutral beauty

hd650 for character

anything else youll have to get specific on what you want

and get an amp/dac. it's not audiophile bullshit you're just retarded if you spend that much and don't have the equipment to drive them
>>
Hey guys, looking to get some new cans.

>Budget
$1,500 USD
>Location
United Sates
>Source
Schiit Bifrost & Schiit Asgard 2
>Preferred type of headphone
Over-ear
>Open or closed
No real preference
>Comfort level
At least 7/10
>Preferred tonal balance
Something relatively accurate, but more bass emphasis or "v" shaped
>Preferred music
Classical, electronica, metal
>Past headphones
V-Moda Crossfades, Philips Fidelio X1

I'm currently contemplating the Fostex TH900.
>>
>>52891862
i just do not see the point of buying a 1500 dollar pair of v shaped, closed headphones. but if that is what you want, those are definitely it.
>>
Set me straight : if electrostatics aren't faster / cleaner than that dynamic shit, why do people say they are?
>>
>>52891928
i dont know, why do people think "the" hemi in a RAM truck serves any real purpose?
>>
>>52891845
your entire post is wrong
>>
>>52891926
They're $1,000 on Amazon.

They've also been described as sounding more open than most open back headphones.
>>
>>52891983
i mean i own both but thanks me too
>>
My precious HD 202 have aged. It's no longer considered "closed" because the earpads have worn out. It leaks sound now plus I have been using it for almost three years now.

Recommend some good heaphone for someone that liked the HD 202.
>>
>>52891845
define
>neutral beauty
>character

are you saying neutral as in it will give you the sound exactly as it was meant to sound or that it is flat and very boring, and by character that it colors the sound and makes it more than it actually is?
>>
>>52892040

you got it.

the tonal clarity of the 600s blew away my 650s, but I got bored with them faster than I got bored with any of my other cans.

I personally like my 650s more, even though the 600s are much more accurate to the source.

But then again, there's only so much you want to hear of wiz khalifa's "uhhhehhehheheheheueheheeh". I'd imagine orchestral/good music would sound much better. I'm just musically retarded.
>>
>>52892017
Bump. And it's really important for me that it doesn't leak sound.
>>
ye nigga where my khalifa bruds at
https://a.uguu.se/ynhzny_Gangster101ft.KingLos%28prodbySonnyDigital%29.opus
>>
>>52892114
i wont answer until you fill out the form, i dont know anything about the 202
>>
File: 1376215880154.jpg (92KB, 977x436px) Image search: [Google]
1376215880154.jpg
92KB, 977x436px
>>52892127
Sorry! Didn't see that.

>Budget
$100

>Location
Pakistan

>Source
Of what?

Over ear

>Open or closed
Closed

>Comfort level
Max

>Preferred tonal balance
Uh, what?

>Preferred music
Asia, world and soundtracks

>Past headphones
HD 202
>>
>>52892192
>source
like you know, pc's onboard sound, a phone, etc.

anyway, tell me how much you can get mdr-7506 for
>>
>>52891941
ok then why is the best headphone in the world electrostatic?

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/orpheus
>>
>>52892249
contin...

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/sennheiser-orpheus-hands-on/#/4
>What really shocked my well-worn ears was the Orpheus’ near-supernatural transient response.

how do you explain this, then? Electrostatic FTW, right?
>>
>>52892249
that headphone isnt measured, so we dont know if its the best headphone in the world. how about instead of sitting around making bait posts over and over attempting to learn, you just actually go learn?
>>
>>52892243
Not available in Pakistan. Found a store but it says "Contact for price".
>>
>>52892278
>that bait maymay again
You have no response to what is the objectively the best headphone in the world. Senn started the Orpheus project in 1991, and now, 25 years later they have what audiophiles say is the best headphone in the world
>>
>>52892319
there IS no response to give for that headphone. they are not measured. you are asking me to tell you how long a log is that has not been measured. these reviews are subjective. some people sat down and listened, and then typed some words about it. we talk in measurements here.
>>
>>52892304
i dont know where to go from here then. see if you can find some takstar pro80? living in pakistan is going to make things difficult
>>
>>52892341
>some people sat down
>some people
Audiophiles, not "some people". You talk in measurements and graphs, not true lovers of audio.
>>
>>52892368
Thanks anon. I have contacted those guys and will hopefully get a response. What do you say is a reasonable price for it?
>>
>>52892382
we and they alike love audio. but they have money to make with a review, and again, it has not been measured. not that i can afford it, but im not saying i would not like to listen to it, im saying i would never spend money on something that hasnt -at least- been measured. why would anyone?

>>52892403
i just dont know. here in the us they can be purchased for $66 on amazon
>>
>>52892403

>pakistan

two goats and a medium sized jug of water should be about right
>>
>>52892443
>im saying i would never spend money on something that hasnt -at least- been measured. why would anyone?
Are you some kinda poorfag? If you want to hear them, take a red eye flight to a trade show or event. Measurements don't mean dick in the audio game. Comfort means more, looks mean more.
>>
>>52892444
>goats
I am more of a sheep guy.

>>52892443
If it's $60 there then $80 to $90 will be a good price here.
>>
>>52891928
Talking out their ass, not understanding what charts actually are referring to.

>>52892278
>HE90
>that headphone isnt measured
It has, but I lost track of the chart. Near DF flat with treble dips, didn't see distortion or whatever plots.

>>52892512
There aren't many old Orpheuses left to hear, it has no replacement parts, and there is an newer Orpheus that serves as Sennheiser's dick waving product.
>>
>>52892861
oh it has been measured? would love to see it.
>>
I have the opportunity to buy a used ad2000x for $330. Do I do it, having not heard it?
>>
>>52891809
a K702
>>
File: myheadphoneshit.png (409KB, 2000x600px) Image search: [Google]
myheadphoneshit.png
409KB, 2000x600px
>>52892192
Takstar pro 80
>>
>>52892921
go for it, its very good for that price, it is quite bright and no bass though
>>
>>52891862
used K812 or lcd2
>>
>>52893526
currently my only phone is m50x/porta pro and various $5 earbuds. What will happen to me when I buy the ad2000x and try them for the first time
>>
>>52891728
budget
>30$
type of headphone
>looking for ear buds
comfort level
>max
tonal
>indiferent
music
>very wide intrests but lots of experimental music and indie rock
past headdys
>just fucking iphone headphones, liked the way they fit in my ear
>>
>>52893890
not this guy but im very similar

>budget
$45
>Location
US
>Type of headphone
in-ear buds
>comfort level
min-max
>tonal
would like bass, however i'd prefer it to be more accurate
>music
Electronic, Electro-Swing, Drum&Bass
>Previous
Audio Technica's ATH-CKR5iS
>>
>>52890549
>guys, is there any truth to that planar magnetics cant do surround sound dsp as well as dynamics?
Surround sound (binaural/headphone virtualization) DSP is dependent on things such as like frequency response, crosstalk, reflected sounds, phase and level differences between the two ears. To sound realistic, it needs to do this in a way that seems realistic, somewhat similar to the way the sounds get to your ears.
These aspects are all captured in the two channel IR (impulse response) measured at the eardrums. The IR defines all aspects of a linear system (it actually defines linear and time invariant systems, LTI). So, if we can duplicate the IR fed to the eardrum exactly, we don't need to know any particulars of how you hear, we can just match them by using DSP to adjust the headphone IR to duplicate the sound (convolution). You can adjust the IR from the headphone so that it has the same sound as it would have from any hypothetical position in real life.

In practice, it is tricky to keep the headphone matching that exact IR. Headphone frequency response changes if you move the headphone even a millimeter, changing the IR. Certain aspects of phase accuracy are more trouble than they are worth, and phase is a part of the IR. We deliberately stray from a precise IR convolution in real life, and it helps that we have knowledge of which bits of the IR are most important to keep accurate.
There's also the fact the since people have different ears, the IR differs, so you can only make rough adjustments. Fortunately, there are "cheats" we can use with human hearing and how the brain interprets sound to smooth out the inaccuracies of our loose approximations and improve the quality of positional audio.
>>
>>52893495
he didn't say that he was a faggot.
>>
File: hpg_setup.png (235KB, 1400x400px) Image search: [Google]
hpg_setup.png
235KB, 1400x400px
Fevers are no fun
>>
File: 1419601392169.png (92KB, 463x469px) Image search: [Google]
1419601392169.png
92KB, 463x469px
>>52894075
>>
>>52891928
Well why use condenser (electrostatic) microphones?
>>
>>52894038
>>52890549
>i read at a bunch of different places that planars have a very "linear" sound so they wouldnt be as good at it.
System linearity is highly desirable, although there's the question of "how linear do our systems have to be to sound good", how much effort do we put in to linearize the sound. We should go into linearity now.
By linearity, it scales inputs to output as a constant and each output produced relates to the input. If it weren't linear, it wouldn't scale, or it could "invent" a completely new tone.

As it relates to audio, an example:
Suppose an audio system has a sensitivity of 1 Volt = 94 dB at 1kHz and 1 Volt = 103 dB at 3kHz. If this were a linear system, we can input a 1 volt wave at 1 kHz and another 1 volt tone at 3 kHz, we would only get a 94 dB tone at 1kHz and another tone at 3khz, 103dB. No other tones are produced.
If we multiply the power input by ten, you should only get the two tones, now at 104 and 113dB. Multiplied by a hundredfold, 114 and 123dB

The non-linear system could have the same sensitivity with a 1 Volt input, but then give you 104 dB tone at 1 kHz, and a 110 dB tone at 3kHz with the 10x multiple. Or, new tone could emerge, at 2kHz for example. Both the non-linear scaling and the new tone are forms of non-linear distortion, both undesirable to sound quality.

I went overboard on the explanation as usual, should I try that again?
>>
>>52894075
i would have recommended a hd600 then
>>
>>52894389
>>52894038
its some interesting stuff to be sure, but i dont think i understand how to apply this to how these make different transducers... the same, as far as something like surround DSP goes.
>>
>>52894584
Linearity isn't bad, it's good, but planars aren't always more linear. The design doesn't matter, only the linear and non-linear outputs. For our sake, we will say that a "good" headphone has an irrelevant amount of non-linearity, and there are headphones that fit this.

The only difference then is in the impulse response. If we can match that, they sound identical, the output IS identical.
Most, not all, of the important details of the impulse response are given by the frequency response. So, matching the frequency charts gets them to sound similar with any DSP.

You want to control for frequency response, make sure that it is stable and consistent as possible. Things like frequency response can be easily fixed by using EQ, only if the frequency response is stable enough on refits. Still unclear?
>>
Are those expensive as shit headphones on massive drop actually worth the price for what they can do?
>>
File: mJKlkT[1].png (32KB, 934x540px) Image search: [Google]
mJKlkT[1].png
32KB, 934x540px
>>52894687
>Still unclear?
no, i see now. i mean, trying to apply some logic to the situation, it didnt seem likely in the first place. its just that i dont really understand how a dynamic transducer works physically compared to a planar (which i believe is very simple - typically a very thin copper sheet that is simply vibrated by magnets), so i didnt actually -know-. thanks a lot for taking the time to type this stuff.

however, you spoke about impulse response, so if you wouldnt mind, i want to ask about that as well. the image here is the impulse response from the hd800 as measured by tyll, who claims the hd800 is one of the best when measuring by impulse response. he also says that this, along with the hd800 300hz square wave are where this headphone really shines, and that these are the reasons he regards them highly.

so i wanted to ask two questions, because again, i read a lot of contradicting stuff fucking everywhere, and its a huge headache. firstly, do measurements such as impulse response really matter? as in, do the way we portray it in a graph like this one actually mean something to our hearing, or would it not be enough to be detectable? secondly, and agnostic to the first question, what importance do you glean from it the impulse response? what are we looking for; what represents a "good" one?
>>
>>52894112
Considering the price, why did you get the Benchmark over something like the Hugo?
>>
>>52894937
>Chord
No thanks.
>>
>>52894959
What's wrong with Chord?
>>
>>52894975
I don't trust companies that thrive off of the 6moons 'audiophile' crowd. I prefer something that has proven performance. Also Chord products look like childrens toys.
>>
>>52895005
Those are both fair complaints, and I only auditioned the Mojo once or twice, I did really like it though. Still, I'll probably be sticking to my Fostex.
>>
is WHAT HI*FI? trustable?
>>
>>52895184
About as viable a source as CNET. So, no.
>>
File: 710L2nqmFbL._SL1500_[1].jpg (58KB, 844x1500px) Image search: [Google]
710L2nqmFbL._SL1500_[1].jpg
58KB, 844x1500px
QUICK QUICK:

Shure SE215 for $100

or

Audio Technica ATH-IM70 for $70

Need: Isolation for drumming (100 decibels+)
Need: Great bass, great treble
>>
File: hpg2.jpg (560KB, 2100x720px) Image search: [Google]
hpg2.jpg
560KB, 2100x720px
>>52895221
>great treble

Not the SE215 then. It has good isolation and comfort though.
>>
>>52895254
Will the IM70 protect my hearing? Cheap as fuck. Might just throw earmuffs over them, would get inconvenient live though.
>>
>>52895328
Not sure, since I only have the SE215.

I think they mostly meet your other requirements, but treble has never been a strong point of Shure IEMs.
>>
>>52895328
>>52895393
I have the IM50s and they're kind of large and protruding to be wearing under muffs. They isolate but I have no idea how much isolation you need. They isolate less than my A151s which are balanced armatures and pretty much completely sealed.
>>
File: mad.gif (3MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
mad.gif
3MB, 240x180px
>>52891728
>Budget
100 dollary doos (I am a little flexible, but not spending more than 125)
>Location
Freedomland
>Source
Smartphone (Oneplus One if you're curious)
Looking for headphones
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Pretty comfy desu
>Preferred music
I like listening to liquid drum and bass, and occasional movie soundtrack
>Past headphones
Apple MA850G/A (in ear, shit broke in a week)
RHA MA450i (in ear)
Sony MDRXB50AP Extra Bass (in ear, currently using these)

I want something portable, and possibly not completely ass ugly.

>tfw Grado Prestige Series Sr80e isn't available in closed variant
>>
>>52895483
take it you want bass?
>>
File: right.jpg (86KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
right.jpg
86KB, 800x600px
>>52895548
That's correct.
>>
>>52895454
well drums are fucking loud, to say the least, especially for the drummer. Now bring in vocals, bass, and guitar. That much.
>>
>>52895629
I used to take my Shure (515) to the gun range. That was with tri-flange tips and modded tri to bi-flange tips. They obfuscated outside noise that much. I don't know about the IM50s but looking at the construction and tips I don't think it is on the same level for noise obfuscation.
>>
>>52895580
gonna say takstar pro 80
>>
>>52894885
Driver design is just a means to an end, sound quality.
>dynamic transducer works physically compared to a planar
In terms of how the force is created, it is the same. Calling it a planar dynamic, or flat dynamic driver would be telling of how similar the principle is. The force is generated in the same way, but the wire is now laid out flat instead of a spun coil.
>A wire is placed in a magnetic field, a current is passed through, and the resulting motion is perpendicular to both the current in the wire and the magnetic field. For the most motion(cross product), wire should be perpendicular to magnetic force "lines".
AKA Lorentz Force. Tyll referred to it by Fleming's rule of motors in an article, which is just a mnemonic for the Lorentz Force. The electric motor makes force in the same way, but a flat driver has different mechanical properties.

>as in, do the way we portray it in a graph like this one actually mean something to our hearing, or would it not be enough to be detectable?
The impulse response contains everything, and you apply a lossless transformation of time into frequency (Fourier transform) into constituent frequency response and frequency phase to make it easier to analyze. Effects such as pre-ringing and room echoes are not easily seem on an FR chart or phase plot, but Fourier analysis can be applied in other ways to visualize these effects.

The only undesirable thing I can think of easily shown is pre-ring, which is not something that a single driver headphone can do. So, the impulse offers little of anything that isn't better seen in other ways. This extends to his other time domain measurement, the square waves, which are less useful than an impulse.
>>
File: hpg.png (788KB, 1462x734px) Image search: [Google]
hpg.png
788KB, 1462x734px
Ay
>>
>>52895802
if im understanding this correctly, then tyll must be thinking the impulse response does more than what you say. for him to prop up an entire headphone's existence just because of its impulse response and/or square wave seems silly from the way you explain it. maybe hes just being more carefree with the details?
>>
File: hpg.png (2MB, 2160x1440px) Image search: [Google]
hpg.png
2MB, 2160x1440px
>>52895903
Ay lmao
>>
File: 670px-Si_sinc.svg.png (74KB, 670x533px) Image search: [Google]
670px-Si_sinc.svg.png
74KB, 670x533px
>>52895802
>>52895961
>however, you spoke about impulse response, so if you wouldnt mind, i want to ask about that as well
Perhaps I should explain what an impulse response is. Some of it is implied by the name, the system response when it is fed an impulse, but we can go further than that. An ideal impulse (Dirac delta function) has perfectly flat frequency response because it is made of all frequencies, DC to infinity, fired off simultaneously at equal amplitude. The delta function rises and settles instantly, and it would look like a spike on an impulse chart.
Nothing can really move infinitely fast, so a real impulse would be more gently sloped, and the peak would be more rounded off. This shows the actual speed of the system at work, it has a limited upper frequency. It would start to look more and more like an actual delta function if we increase the frequency limit, the width of the "hump" would narrow and it would be moving faster.
Pic related, from the wikipedia article on sinc functions, although I would take care to note that the sinc function used isn't a very realistic function either. Sinc(Ď€*x), if it represented position, would have a have higher frequency and speed by a factor of 3.1415... compared to sinc(x).

>claims the hd800 is one of the best when measuring by impulse response. he also says that this, along with the hd800 300hz square wave are where this headphone really shines, and that these are the reasons he regards them highly.
>what importance do you glean from it the impulse response? what are we looking for; what represents a "good" one?
Since the ideal delta function would look like a spike, however difficult it is in reality, it should be a simple spike. See here for an example.
>http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/MrSpeakersMadDog2014.pdf
There are several reasons why you don't want this.

But first, do you know what the concept of the derivative in calculus is?
>>
>>52896258
i never took calculus. but from random learning i only know that they have something to do with figuring out the slope of a non linear line
>>
>>52896413
>>52896258
I'm a bit tired at this point, so some thoughts may not be all together.

>the slope of a non linear line
The derivative would be represented by the value of the slope, the steepness of any line at that point. The rate of change, speed and velocity are examples.

Anyway, the mechanics of using the derivative on a sine go like
>a sin (b*x) ≥ a
And then the derivative of this:
>a*b cos (b*x)≥ a*b
"a" represents the amplitude, "b" is the frequency. The derivative, the slope steepness, increases as frequency "b" increases, showing how the steepness in an impulse shows up. Large high frequency peaking add more, larger peaking in the impulse response, and other things. Go look up damping on wikipedia or the rest of the internet if you want to know more details right now.

Remember how the impulse is a product of all those linear bits, including the frequency response. Changing the frequency response changes the impulse in some way.
Now about why the delta function, the ideal spike, isn't desired. These types of measurements include the frequency dependent amplification of the ear, of course affecting frequency response and also the impulse obtained. The brain has its own filter adjustment mechanism that tweaks the FR based on adjusting out its own ears.
If you noticed earlier, the Mad Dogs had a flat uncompensated response and a fairly neat single bump in the impulse. The compensated response plunges in the treble because what it actually does is attempt to cancel out the effect of the ears, an EQ on top the brain's EQ.
The impulse response that includes the effect of ears is not going to produce a flat uncompensated FR when transformed. The compensation that the innerfidelity graphs use is a guess at how the brain uses its mental EQ to adjust for sound, as is any other target.
>>
>>52896413
>>52896723
Normally, a diffuse field equalized response is taken as a reference, and a minimum phase impulse response is generated from that curve, minimum phase being a type of system that if frequency response is obtained produces an exact impulse response by itself.

Some charts showing what the impulse response and square wave would look like if they had matched his target curves.
>http://www.changstar.com/www.changstar.com/index.php/topic%2c496.msg8527.html#msg8527
Tyll spends a lot of article space expressing how he isn't absolutely confident in any target curve, not his, diffuse field, or the Harman curve. This means by extension that he isn't sure of an impulse shape as a reference.

I'm sure I forgot something or didn't explain something too well, that will wait for when I've rested. Leave a thought behind.
>>
I'm about to order the HD 600. Do you guys think that I'm about to fuck up?
>>
>>52896932
you still? dude, do it
>>
>>52896934
i-i've never posted...
>>
>>52896945
well youre not fucking up anything, other than that you might need an amp at some point if it doesnt get quite loud enough.
>>
File: waifu headphone favorite album3.png (863KB, 1400x582px) Image search: [Google]
waifu headphone favorite album3.png
863KB, 1400x582px
Still on the fence about which closed semi-portable headphones to pick up. Budget ~$300, eyeing a DT770
>>
>>52896723
>>52896743
well i can tell you im learning a lot, i just dont know if im learning as much as youd hope. i do understand the purpose of df and its relationship with the harman studies done for headphones. but yes i see, i suppose at the end of this is first deciding on what makes the most sense

>>52897023
nad viso hp50
>>
>Budget
$300 for an earphone and amp combo
>Location
Murrica
>Source
Jailbroke phone
IEM
>Open or closed
High Isolation
>Comfort level
Decent
>Preferred tonal balance
Warm or bassy
>Preferred music
Electro house, J-pop, rock, acoustic guitar/piano/violin
>Past headphones
soundmagic e10s
>>
>>52897091
ue900
>>
>>52897142
I meant $300 to buy an earphone and amp together.
>>
>>52897173
the only use of an amp is to make it get louder, not a lot of iems need this
>>
These will _hopefully_ be my endgame.

>Budget
$1500
>Location
Australia
>Source
Magni 2 soon™, exempt from budget.
Full
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Decent enough. To add on, I didn't find the M50s uncomfortable, unlike many others.
>Preferred tonal balance
Neutral
>Past headphones
M50. Yeah, I know >Meme50

I am highly interested in planars.
>>
>>52897178
Is there any IEM that benefits from an amp?
>>
>>52897228
http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/product/sennheiser-hd800-audiophile-headphones
>>
I have $1100. What is the best pair of headphones that is actually worth the money that I can afford?
>>
>>52897243
not that i know of

>>52897263
you still need to fill out the form
>>
>>52897243
an amp will clean the signal for sensitive iems. so yes an amp will benefit iems especially if you're listening from things with wonky output impedance like smartphones.
>>
File: 8663787896292889819.jpg (26KB, 400x504px) Image search: [Google]
8663787896292889819.jpg
26KB, 400x504px
>>52897266
sdfghjkll fine ANON

I want neutral/natural/best for mixing, whatever that means.

>Budget
$1100, $1600 if it's on amazon
>Location
USA
>Source
desktop with a p nice motherboard
>Comfort level
MAXIMUM
>Past headphones
Superlux HD668B
Sennheiser HD201
>>
>>52897228
MrSpeakers Ether if you want to keep your neck, Audeze if you don't mind it snapping every once in a while.
>>
>>52897320
spending that much money, i take it you can have open headphones.

hd600 are the most neutral headphones out there. to ensure you have a clean signal, and to buffer up the price because you have a high budget, you can slap on an odac+o2 amp+dac. id get it from jdslabs.com
>>
>>52891862
Get the 00's on the massdrop
>>
>>52897409
really, you're saying that $500 worth of gear is basically as good as it gets without being negligible?
>>
>>52897290
That is the source benefiting from the amp than IEMs.
>>
>Budget
>Location
United Sates
>Source
PC ( Sound Blaster zX card)
Over-ear
>Open or closed
No real preference
>Comfort level
Pretty comfortable, Looking to be playing gaems for long times, More comfy then my Q701's
>Preferred tonal balance
More bass emphasis, Or neutral,
>Preferred music
Classic rock, electronic, metal, dance
>Past headphones
Q701's
Been looking at HM5's they are cheap, and seem nice.
Comfort is more important than sound 'Quality'
>>
>>52897598
Yes.

After $500, including amp, it's cork sniffing. ~$300 will get you the best sound+comfort/build without being negligible, and about $200 into a dac/amp will get you all you need on that front. This is why I always suggest people just save their money until they have like $400-$600 to blow all at once.
>>
>>52897320
HD800 if you insist on using all your money and are willing to mod or EQ it.

>>52897409 if not.

HD600 is the most neutral overall, but it may sound boring/veiled if you're used to emphasis in bass or treble. See that one guy early in this thread who prefers HD650 over his HD600 for example.

HD800 is bright and less neutral, but partly because of the treble emphasis you get a heightened perception of detail and openness. Mod or EQ recommended since it has a well-known spike at 6khz.

Since you're stepping up from >$50 gear, I would try out different headphones first before blowing that much money. The HD600 looks best on a graph but in the end it is your own ears that count the most for you.
>>
>>52897778
This, honestly.
>>
>>52897409
>odac+o2 amp+dac

>not modi+magni

cuck has been detected
>>
>>52897853
Same schiit, except you have things in two enclosures instead of one.
>>
>>52891792
They measure like ass, even in the bass. Two driver meme.
>>
>>52897622
XPT100, which are basically rebranded HM5 with two sets of earpads so they're a better value.
>>
>>52891809
HD 600 and O2

>>52891862
TH-X00 from Memedrop is better than TH-900 and a lot cheaper.

>>52891928
Marketing of electrostatic transducers likes to parrot that idea and a lot of audiophiles are gullible enough to buy it. Limited speed would limit the bandwidth of the headphones and this is not an inherent issue with almost any transducer type except for some BA drivers.

There are some benefits to electrostatic transducers like potentially lowered distortion relative to dynamic drivers, especially at a high SPL. However as distortion really isn't a problem in most headphones at the listening levels they are used it's mostly irrelevant.
>>
>>52893890
>>52893940

Xiaomi Hybrids.
>>
File: Speed.png (32KB, 824x268px) Image search: [Google]
Speed.png
32KB, 824x268px
>>
>>52898307
>>52891845
>>52891824
Did you read the request of >>52891809? He asked for something which isn't audiophile snobbery, which automatically rules out both the HD600 and the O2.

>>52896932
Not at all, if you're a sound engineer or a music producer and you want to boast about your "neutral" headphones when you're with your friends.
>>
>>52898745
He also asked what is the best for under 500 and I answered. How is the HD 600 "audiophile snobbery"?
>>
>>52898785
> audiophile snobbery
The HD600 is overpriced compared to other open headphones performing as good (if not better), which are cheaper (sometimes even half as cheap as the HD600).

> HD 600
> the best under 500$
No, that would be the HE400i.
>>
>>52898842
Not that anon, but as >>52895254 I would say they are comparable, enough that I would hesitate to get the HE-400i above $400.

Honestly, anything over $200 could be considered audiophile snobbery. In fact when I mentioned the $300 HE-400i deal to a friend while it was still going on, he literally told me that it sounded nice but he wasn't really into "that audiophile stuff."
>>
I need very budget headphones, are sennheisers HD 201 good choice?
>>
>>52898914
> I would say they are comparable, enough that I would hesitate to get the HE-400i above $400.
HE400i has much better bass it puts HD600 into shame and it has much better imaging and a more spatious sound.
>Honestly, anything over $200 could be considered audiophile snobbery.
I personally would define audiophile snobbery as the starting point when the extra money you pay don't correspond to a real quality improvement over a cheaper product.
>>
File: IMG_20160210_124755~01_noexif.jpg (399KB, 2498x905px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160210_124755~01_noexif.jpg
399KB, 2498x905px
>Budget
60€-100€
>Location
Germany
>Source
Android Phone, but mostly the amp on the picture
Full-sized
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
They should be comfortable, but I prefer better sound quality
>Preferred tonal balance
bright or V-shaped
>>
>>52899002
>HE400i has much better bass
It definitely does, which is why I bought it. I like the HD600's overall tone more though.

>it has much better imaging and a more spatious sound.
They're similar for me, though I have the newer revision of the 400i that removed the backplate and apparently made it sound more open.

Strange that you say more spacious because I know that one of the few complaints about the first revision HE-400i was that it sounded like a closed headphone. My personal take on the 400i's advantages is that it's better in detail perception, clarity, and separation rather than spaciousness or tonality.
>>
>>52899077
>They're similar for me, though I have the newer revision of the 400i that removed the backplate and apparently made it sound more open.
HD600 makes things sound like they've been recorded in a closet. HE400i might not be the most spatious headphone in the world, but it's still better than HD600.
> My personal take on the 400i's advantages is that it's better in detail perception, clarity, and separation rather than spaciousness or tonality.
Actually these things you listed aren't opposed to each other. Good headphones have good clarity, detail and separation without sacrificing spatiousness.
>>
File: 1241636.jpg (912KB, 2144x1424px) Image search: [Google]
1241636.jpg
912KB, 2144x1424px
>that feel when K7xx master race
>>
Is the O2 DAC+AMP worth it? I currently have AKG Q701 headphones, but have recently purchased the Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 cans. How much of a difference will the DAC show, considering I am currently plugging what I have into a recent year Yamaha amp?
>>
>>52899243
No, Fiio E10K costs much less and it works great with the Q701. Leave the O2 to audiophiles and "sound engineers".
>>
>>52899169
>HD600 makes things sound like they've been recorded in a closet.
Again, they're very similar for me, and most reviews I read while researching the HE-400i tended to say that it sounded more closed than the HD6xx series, at least for the original revision. I kept this in mind as a drawback when deciding to purchase, and so I was pleasantly surprised when I found out Hifiman also removed the backplate for the revision which made it sound more open.

>Actually these things you listed aren't opposed to each other.
I meant that tonality was the HD600's big advantage over the 400i, while spaciousness was equal.

For me the HD600 has a fuller and more natural tone, as in the instruments sound very close to how they are live. On the other hand, the 400i is very clear but the sound has a slightly unnatural character which is its biggest drawback for me. I would even say the 400i is better suited for mixing because it sounds very clear and separate, but I often get the feeling that I'm examining details and layers rather than being immersed in the song. I never get the realistic "I'm there" feeling as I do with the HD600.
>>
What are the comfiest closed headphones suitable for big noggins? Sub 100 Euros. Would be kewl
>>
File: vo6-outer-gatefold.jpg (584KB, 3452x1747px) Image search: [Google]
vo6-outer-gatefold.jpg
584KB, 3452x1747px
>>52898222
Thanks annon. You're doing gods work
>>
>>52899028
Want something excactly like this dude
Right now I have:
Teufel Move because I got them cheap.
Razer Electra because I'm a huge faggot.

I'd like to replace both of them with one pair of good headphones, something I can use for muh gayming and driving to work via train.

So they should preferably be good at blocking out sound. I watched MKFC and the AT MH-50 and Beyerdynamic Custom Pro One seem okay.
>Preferred tonal balance
Definitly bright, I hate too much/ boosted bass
Btw I'm wearing glasses
>>
>>52899028
>>52899871
MDR-7506. You guys also may want to replace the pads.
>>
>>52899915
What pads would you recommend?
>>
>>52897055
The one explaining the derivative should be less than or equal to and not greater than, what a mistake. I only meant to invoke that to show how the shape of the impulse can change, not the core of what I wanted to say..

What I wanted to convey was

-What affects DSP?
-What is linearity?
-What is an impulse, what does it do and how is it important?
With a bit on how the driver works and measurement problems.
>>
>>52900196
Lot of choices.

From a quick search, these look like the best cheap option:
http://www.amazon.com/MDR-7506-MDR-CD900ST-Headphone-Replacement-Cushion/dp/B00M8T5YHU/ref=pd_sim_23_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=4197keBkcNL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=0SJTN8DZNFAF711NWZTR

Apparently Brainwavz pads fit as well, which have the bonus of being usable for many other popular headphones.

If you want to splurge, you could go for the Auray sheepskin pads. The price for those on Amazon got insane though, so ordering from bhphotoandvideo would be better.
>>
>>52900300
thanks man, probably going with the sheepskin for 30$
>>
Is Sony generally a good brand?

I have about 40 euros to spent, I mostly listen to generic rock music. Not a lot of choice where I'm from
>>
>>52900780
The brand that comes closest to being generally a good brand is AKG, and even that has a ton of retardedly awful ones

don't go by brand names, go by recommendations

for that budget, your options are probably superlux 681/668b, samson sr850/950 (which is a 668b clone), monoprice 8232
>>
>>52899001
no
>>
>>52898842
>No, that would be the HE400i.
Nope. Considerably more colored response and closer to audiophile snobbery than HD 600 would be. Performs worse, costs more.
>>
>>52900966
>performs worse
stop memeing

only bad thing about 400i is the drop from 1-2k
>>
File: fr-he400i.png (36KB, 614x386px) Image search: [Google]
fr-he400i.png
36KB, 614x386px
>>52900981
Which is significant, the treble range in general is much peakier.
>>
He400i vs HD600?
>>
>>52901002
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD600.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANHE4002014.pdf
hello
>>
>>52901034
Seen them countless of times.
>>
>>52901046
>600 clearly peakier in treble
hello?
>>
>>52901025
Why not both?

They make good complements for me. Sometimes the HD600 sounds too soft for some music where the 400i is really satisfying.
>>
>>52901094
Im considering the hd600 since its considerably cheaper than 400i. But, compapred to grados, how much do they leak? The grados my roommate has leak like crazy even on moderate volume.
>>
>>52901025
He400i, you shoudnt even consider the HD600 its overrated shit, the K702 would be fair competition for the he400i
>>
>>52901125
a lot
they're open
if you wanted closed, you shoulda picked up the x00s on massdrop, over now though
>>
>>52901129
I highly doubt anyone would take 702 over 600 if they were the same price
>>
>>52901137
I dont "want" closed. I want good phones. For example I have porta pros which are completely open and they leak far less than grados at the same volume. With grados I can hear whats playing on them down the hall. Not so for porta pros.
>>
>>52901125
400i leak a ton, almost as loud going outward as it is into your ears.

HD600 doesn't leak as much but it is still significant. If you don't want to disturb other people, I would go with a closed headphone instead of either of them.
>>
>>52901160
the hd600 has horrible build quality and shit soundstage, the K702 is better even if the K702 was $350
>>
>>52901181
>If you don't want to disturb other people, I would go with a closed headphone instead of either of them.
But why doesnt muh porta pro leak that much then? Is it because of small driver size? Also, is driver size overrated?
>>
>>52901179
so you want x00
>>
File: oh.jpg (29KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
oh.jpg
29KB, 256x256px
>>52901194
I really wish you people got banned
>>
File: 51de5d11_DSC_0048_01.jpg (34KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
51de5d11_DSC_0048_01.jpg
34KB, 480x320px
>>52901315
I wish sennheiser had better build quality, i might consider them if they did.
>>
>>52901299
Have no experience with Porta Pros but I'd assume they are designed to leak less. I mean they're called "Porta" Pros for a reason right?

As the other anon says, TH-X00 probably would've been a good choice for your situation. Despite being closed, they do leak somewhat and are not really portable headphones.
>>
>>52901025
K702 or HE400i would be a better consideration tbqh
>>
>>52901389
>open headphones
>portable
pls don't

I wouldn't even use semi open as portable headphones
>>
What are some affordable /hpg/ approved mics?
>>
>>52901420
I have a store where I can demo hd400i and higher such as audeze lcd series. Its an hour away from me, and there are no prices on the website. On the other hand, I contacted some craigslist seller last night about buying his used ad2000x for $320, but I would also have to travel an hour in a different direction. On the other other hand I can get hd600 for $280 new on amazon.

I'm also the leakbro concerned about noise leak. What do? Not get anything?
>>
File: 1428890472237.jpg (216KB, 640x637px) Image search: [Google]
1428890472237.jpg
216KB, 640x637px
>>52901803
Get the HD 600
>>
DACport Slim is on Massdrop right now for $99 if anyone's looking for a dac/amp.

Basically an E10k with more power.
>>
>>52901858
leak?
>>
>Budget
130-150 euros for the headphones themseves, ~15 euros for a microphone, and ~100 eur for accessories required (Amp, DAC etc)
>Location
Finland
>Source
Embedded sound card of mobo (or a separate source which can cost up to ~100 euros)
no idea. Headphones that cover my ears
>Open or closed
No idea. sound leakage doesn't matter, will only use @ home
>Comfort level
Comfortable? yes please, will be using these ~4-12 hours per day
>Preferred tonal balance
I like to hear the music like it was ment to be heard, no extra bass or anything.
>Preferred music
Rock, Metal, Classic (I listen to everything from AC/DC to Wintersun & Meshuggah to Bach & brass music)
>Past headphones
Generic headsets under 40 eur pricetag.

Ordering from abroad is not a problem.
>>
>>52901897
Again if you're that concerned about leak, I wouldn't get open headphones in the first place.
>>
>>52901932
It just annoys me when my roommate plays HIS grados and I can hear them. Anyway, this hi end headphone store has the He1000 in stock for demo. Is it worth it to drive 1 hour to listen to that and 400i? I only have an iphone 4 as a source, no portable amp.
>>
how do i clean cloth pads?
>>
>>52901973
>I only have an iphone 4 as a source, no portable amp.

Try to get >>52901879 or an E10k if you're going to buy one of those headphones then.

Does the store have other headphones to demo? I mean, you're probably not buying the HE1000, and the HE-400i is one of the last things I would buy if I cared about leak.
>>
>>52901973
>iphone 4
It's okay.
>>
>>52901898
k612 + e10k/e07k/>>52901879/shiit magni 2
>>
File: 1453990127862.jpg (598KB, 1682x1088px) Image search: [Google]
1453990127862.jpg
598KB, 1682x1088px
Should I get m50x or sony mdr7506 for prolonged gaming?
>>
>>52902492
neither
m50x is shit and 7506 is nobass

get takstar pro 80/cloud hyperx
maybe xpt100
>>
>>52901858
>>52901315

[sennshilling intensifies]
>>
>>52902427
What makes the AFK K612 better than Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro? I can get them for the exactly same price
>>
>>52902655
akG*
>>
>>52902655
the K612 is neutral and the DT990 is v-shaped
>>
i recently bought a pair of HD650s, did I do good /g/?
>>
>>52902655
see >>52902676
also, semi open vs open

>>52902736
sure
>>
Alright, i'm about to get the AKG K612 headphones.

I'm about to order them from an european music retailer, Thomann. If anyone knows any good headphone amp/DAC from them, please advice (to save in shipping costs)
>>
File: 1452088781467.jpg (65KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1452088781467.jpg
65KB, 500x750px
>>52902531

Looking into HyperX Cloud series, but I'm not sure which one

>HyperX Cloud
>HyperX Cloud II

or both are just the same?
>
>>
>>52902025
>the HE-400i is one of the last things I would buy if I cared about leak.
I have a m50x and the pads get so warm in the spring / summer / autumn its unbearable. Even bought new pads but it gets so hot I can only wear earbuds and portapro which causes my sound quality to suck an with earbuds theres no soundstage as well
>>
>>52902922
cloud 2 has worse sound(rumor, but haven't heard any claims of better sound) & significantly higher priced
>>
File: hpg.jpg (229KB, 1400x582px) Image search: [Google]
hpg.jpg
229KB, 1400x582px
>>
I bought some Hifiman HE-400's for 160e.
All I do with them is play cs a few hours a week, running them off a chinese $3 usb dac.

How'd I do guise
>>
>>52903494
How's the sound leakage ?
>>
>>52903494
:|
>>
File: Waifu headphones and albums 2.png (776KB, 1446x958px) Image search: [Google]
Waifu headphones and albums 2.png
776KB, 1446x958px
>>52900591
I went for the sheep skin, one hell of an upgrade imo.
>>
No bullshit. what is objectively better

HE 560 or LCD 2
>>
>>52903494
I can easily listen to music on speakers while using them. And talk with friends if I have them on with nothing playing out the headphones.
As far as leaking out, they're pretty good head speakers. They even sound really good from the outside.

>>52903608
I'll build an o2 variant for them later :]
>>
>>52903648
The HE-560 is objectively less painful to wear for extended periods of time at least.
>>
what will be my first feel when I hear k702+e10k for the first time?
>>
I traded my ATH-m50's for a pair fo Sennheiser 558, and I'm pretty disappointed so far. What should I do? I want to upgrade, and I'm not sure if I should rather go closed back, I just think the concept of open ear sounds cool. What should I upgrade to that's better than the Sennheiser Momentums?
>>
Clueless pleb here. looking for durable earphones/headphones with no noise leakage, I don't want to annoy my roommate.

>Budget
ÂŁ40
>Location
UK
>Source
?
in ear earphone or over ear headphone
>Open or closed
uh closed
>Comfort level
8/10
>Preferred tonal balance
rich bass
>Preferred music
idm, electronic, hip hop, dance
>Past headphones
skullcandy, JVC, samsung earphones (came free with a phone) and many others i forget.

My cheap earphones never last me longer than a few months, one ear always goes quiet or stops working, i don't even throw them around that much. Because of this I'm scared of buying anything expensive because I think it will probably break quickly.
>>
>>52903817
"Wow"
>>
>>52903843
dt990 would be good for you
>>
>>52903889
I tried them once, not too impressive. Also didn't have an amp

Anything else?
>>
>>52901002
>>52901034
>>52901046
>>52901088
Tyll's frequency response graphs aren't really the best things, BUT his square wave response graphs can provide a lot of useful info on the headphones he tested, if they're read correctly:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/headphone-measurements-explained-square-wave-response-page-2#sSC3ZSE9IwdVfe33.97

According to the square wave graphs, He400i is much better than HD600.
>>
>>52903648
Weight/pressure and price favor the HE-560. I think 560 goes for 700 to the 1000 dollar LCD-2. Used is cheaper still.
LCD-2 is more sensitive than HE-560 in the low range, but less so in high frequencies.

HE-560 is more "neutral" compared to the darker LCD-2, both take to EQ well.
>>
>>52902736
no

>>52903889
stop shilling beyersremorse
>>
>>52903817
that feel when masterrace
>>
>>52903989
if you want V shaped beyer is the way to go
>>
>>52903928
Square waves are even less useful for reasons touched on previously in the thread. Stop using them.
>>
>>52904054
>wanting v-shaped
why
>>
>>52904183
because he had m50x, got 5x8 and was disappointed
what the fuck do you think he wants, retard
>>
>>52903863
xiaomi piston 2's from ibuygou?
>>
>>52904285
prob fake
3 is better in everything but looks
get them from bigbargainonline on ebay
>>
>>52903928
tyll's raw data is fine, its the compensated curve thats bad. and as someone else said, not much at all can be gleaned from the square wave
>>
>>52904266
who wouldn't be disappointed by sennshit?
>>
>>52904033
I must have that feeeeeeeeeel
>>
>>52901002
my 400i arent anything like this. going from 7-10khz sounds completely flat, maybe 10 is a bit under the previous but it most certainly never goes up. is this one of the earlier ones?
>>
>>52904266
I don't really like v-shaped, I just thought they had better clarity. Neutral is best, thing is, many headphones think neutral means "no bass". The sennshit on my ears sometimes completely remove the bass guitar licks I'm so used to getting from every other headpohone.
>>
>>52904285
>>52904296

The mi piston 4's are even better.
>>
>>52904578
you mean hybrids?
ehh, they look even worse, look more uncomfortable and have more bass

only good thing about them is that they have more treble too
>>
looking for a pair of ~$40 IEMs or closed headphones to plug into rhythm game cabs at round1
>>
>>52905350
what kinda jack plugs into that shit?
3.5?
>>
>>52905416
yeah

they put headphone amps on all the rhythm games
>>
>>52905445
what the fuck dude

maybe get E10s if you can stretch budget
>>
>>52897254
>Hurry beat the price rise
Wtf. Haha that's funny as fuck. These were cheaper if you got them grey imported from overseas.
Addicted to Audio. If you're reading this fuck you. Why do you have to raise the price?
>>
What's the cheapest way of making my phone/headphones combo louder?
>>
>>52906579
Mint amp.
>>
I noticed some Hifiman posts in this thread.

I got a 400S open box and a pair of focus a pads for $290, and used it for about a week. I like it, but they're only my second audiophile headphones besides the dt 770.

Booklet says they need 150 hours of break in. Is break in for realsies?
>>
Total pleb here, I'm just gonna give up trying to figure it out and buy whatever's recommended. I doubt I'll notice a difference much anyway. I was recommended Sennheiser or Audiotechnica by some pseudo-/mu/ friends.

>Budget
$80-$150ish (Cheaper is better but I want something decent)
>Location
Canadia
>Source
PC, sometimes Nexus 5
Over ear
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Wearing them 8-10 hours+ a day on average, comfortable is nice but I won't be a bitch about them either
>Preferred tonal balance
n/a
>Preferred music
Ska, rock, punk, video game noises (MOBAs and FPS)
>Past headphones
Some Bose ones that fell apart so I took them back to Costco
>>
File: 1452343186869.png (18KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
1452343186869.png
18KB, 120x120px
>>52907007
>Booklet says they need 150 hours of break in.
>>
>>52907089
Probably something like the Takstar Pro 80 or a Cloud Hyperx ii (whatever you can get cheaper). Both are the same headphones really.
>>
>>52907007
>they're only my second audiophile headphones besides the dt 770.
you fell for the hifiman meme. Me? I experienced the same damn thing. It was like - REALLY? This is IT?
>>
what's the best way to wrap up earphones
>>
>>52907302
By loosely coiling them in your hand then storing them in a IEM bag. No wrapping or you break shit.
>>
>>52907089
>>52907089
Takstar pro 80
>>
>>52907278
I'm pretty satisfied with them actually, maybe it's because I'm new. I'm just wondering if there's anything more to be known about the legitimacy of "break in" besides Tyll's article and this post >>52907125

Also, what's the Hifiman meme? Isn't almost everyone and their grandma shitting on the 400S? I wanted to try something neutral-ish and open for the first time under $300.
>>
>>52907488
You should have signed up for the head fi loaner program instead of buying them outright without hearing them. Headfi really is a much greater audophile community than this shithole
>>
>>52907488
K702 would do good for that of under $300
>>
>>52897320
Comfort level? The HD800 should do the job. Had the (pretty similar I guess) HD700 on in a store and god, they are comfy. Your ears have so much room, it's incredible.
>>
File: intredasting.jpg (40KB, 604x499px) Image search: [Google]
intredasting.jpg
40KB, 604x499px
>>52907536
>head fi loaner program
Woah, I wasn't aware that existed.
>>
File: 1359100877203s.jpg (8KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
1359100877203s.jpg
8KB, 211x246px
>Torrent a Daft Punk .flac album
>They're all 2880kbps
So this... is the power of .flac
>>
What's the general consensus on the NE800M's. I need some iems in the <$100 range.
>>
File: 1400545918542.png (237KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
1400545918542.png
237KB, 479x479px
Sennheiser HD558 or Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro (250 Ohm version)? Or something else for 140 euros?
>>
>>52907719
>>
>>52907719
K612
>>
>>52907671
24bit 192KHz? Why?
>>
>>52901420
>>52901129
>>52901194
The k702 are not even close to the HD600. Let me guess, you got K702s because your ugly waifu wore them.

Don't try to convince people to make the same mistake you did.
>>
>>52907719
HD 558
>>
>>52907748
24bit 88KHz actually
Don't ask me these things I'm not Daft Punk
>>
>>52907733
>>52907746
>>52907767
well shit
>>
File: hipster_douchebag.jpg (250KB, 540x719px) Image search: [Google]
hipster_douchebag.jpg
250KB, 540x719px
>>52907812
I'm asking why did you download it at that format instead of 44.1khz and 16 bits like a normal person.
>>
>>52907831
What do you want to use them for?
>>
File: Grado_SR80i_33801814_02.jpg (64KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
Grado_SR80i_33801814_02.jpg
64KB, 770x433px
Are they just memes?
>>
File: sennfagsbtfo.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
sennfagsbtfo.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>52907763
>>52907767
dumb sennshill
>>
>>52907951
Uncomfortable and shit sounding. Real meme is a "high end" Grado.
>>
Is a Portapro better than a PS1000?
>>
>>52907951
Nobody in these threads ever mentions the grados. I've tried several time to gauge the quality asking but my posts always go unanswered.
You're better off asking elsewhere.
>>
>>52907984
Nobody in these threads is cultured enough.
>>
File: 1446717422372.jpg (475KB, 800x1093px) Image search: [Google]
1446717422372.jpg
475KB, 800x1093px
I'm thinking about buying a takstar pro 80, but I'm worried about their durability. Do any of you have experience with them, are they flimsy or will they actually last me?

Also, does anyone know if this seller is reputable? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FXSVSDW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A3C4SURL44WJ1J
I don't want to get ripped off.
>>
just got my sound magic e10s with the mic adapter thing

very naisu
>>
>>52907984
they are shit
>>
>>52907980
Yes. Objectively better warranty, comfort and pricing. Portapros can also be listened for extended periods of time.
>>
>>52907937
mostly music and sometimes movies. maybe a few games here and there. I don't really listen to one genre of music in particular. Thanks in advance
>>
>>52907980
I'm also wondering what would a Portapro with Grado extra large bowl pads would sound like. ima browse google for any results.
>>
File: file.jpg (50KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
50KB, 800x600px
>sennheiser
not even once
>>
>>52908130
>i broke my headphones but it's not my fault
>>
>>52908150
if you look at sennsheisers the wrong way they break, they are brittle shit
>>
>>52907951
They are lively and energetic. Great for electric, house, etc.
>>
>>52907951
Grados are worse sounding than almost any headphone. Even skullcandy makes better sounding cans
>>
>Budget
$100-$1000
>Location
Murica
>Source
android galaxy or a laptop
Over-ear
>Open or closed
I'm asking you
>Comfort level
more comfy= more better, i can flex on this though.
>Preferred music
electronic, metal, hipster shit
>Past headphones
sol republic master tracks
>>
File: tumblr_nwvuqd63eW1qla6e4o1_540.jpg (101KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwvuqd63eW1qla6e4o1_540.jpg
101KB, 540x540px
>Budget
Around $100 shekels
>Location
Australia but the location will mostly be on my ears
>Source
PC - Realtek Drivers
>Open or closed
Closed
>Comfort level
Anything I can wear for at least 8 hours comfortably.
>Preferred tonal balance
Accurate for Gaymes directional etc Bass emphasis would be nice for music
>Preferred music
All rounder no particular preference, don't mind some EDM
>Past headphones
Razer Carcharias, Couple of Logitechs hard to remember honestly the Carcharias is one of the best I've had in terms of durability but had grounding issues and consistent static at times. Had to solve this with a separate usb adapter directly connected to a powerboard
>>
>>52908816
>phone and laptop
if youre going to be listening with other people in your vicinity, youre going to want closed... will you be?
>>
I already have hd598se and m50x, just bought a fiioe07k bc the damn 10k went up to $110.......what is the next pair of headphones I should buy that are under $250
>>
>>52909562
you should have gotten hd600 instead of 598
>>
>>52909590
I just got the 598se bc they were on sale for $90
>>
>>52909612
the 600s are far better than them
>>
>>52909674
Ill buy some then fuck, why not
>>
>>52909019
I forgot to add It needs a quality mic as well if possiable.
Shameless self bump
>>
>>52908816
k702 and o2+odac
>>
File: 1453660768212.png (3KB, 473x454px) Image search: [Google]
1453660768212.png
3KB, 473x454px
>>52909674
>>52909612
>>52909590
its all veiled shit who cares
>>
File: 1452586413670.gif (729KB, 716x620px) Image search: [Google]
1452586413670.gif
729KB, 716x620px
>>52909693
>he got memed by the sennshills
>>
Reading reviews on amazon about hd600 they say that its "too slow for metal" and 2 stars. What did they mean by this? Should I get planars for metal?
>>
>>52910114
>electronic, metal
>K702
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>52910201
K702 works well with metal and some electronic music
>>
>>52910235
K702 are cold and slow. You might use them for J-pop, Mio, but it is a disservice to suggest them for electronic and metal.
>>
>>52910253
>slow
back to head fi with that nonsense
>>
>>52909019
>>52909873
just buy a headphone or hyper x cloud
>>
File: yjultg.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
yjultg.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
>>52910263
>I cannot argue with what he said so I will call him names and hope no one notices
>>
When I worked at [spoiler]Best Buy[/spoiler] as seasonal, I got a pair of Sony XB950BTs. Best headphones I've ever used. Now tell me how shit they are and what I should get next.
>>
>>52910180
dumb audiophile with his dumb phrases he doesnt understand
>>
>>52910180
K702 is good for metal from personal experience
>>
>>52910276
sennshill fuck off
>>
>>52910279
>>52910281
tell me if hd600 really is too slow for metal or not and why he would say this
>>
>>52910278
Sony headphones tend to suffer from nigger bass. Fill out the form if you want suggestions on headphones.
>>
File: 8RONicl.jpg (33KB, 338x495px) Image search: [Google]
8RONicl.jpg
33KB, 338x495px
Best portable wireless headphone?
>>
>>52910291
How surprising! Busted on calling people names simply for disagreeing with him and the loser continues to resort to name calling.

>>52910302
Avoid wireless as much as possible.
>>
>>52910295
Its not "slow" that's nonsense its just veiled shit and bad for a different reason
>>
File: 1446414284093.jpg (183KB, 900x1426px) Image search: [Google]
1446414284093.jpg
183KB, 900x1426px
>>52910312
someones mad
>>
>>52910312
>Avoid wireless as much as possible.

Would love to but I can't, it's for uni, no space for cables
>>
File: 71DRUDw05OL._SL1500_.jpg (83KB, 1500x1050px) Image search: [Google]
71DRUDw05OL._SL1500_.jpg
83KB, 1500x1050px
At what price point would you actually consider buying beats?

For the sake of simplicity just talking about beats pro which range from about $300 to $400 depending on what color plastic you want
>>
>>52910357
yes you do dipshit wireless sounds like pure ass
>>
>>52910360
the solo 2 are actually pretty good. but theyre on ear, im not interested in that. the rest of them are not worth any money at all
>>
>>52910320
wait the hd6 is bad? I heard that its the best mid-fi you can get. Where they shilling?
>>
>>52906998
>Mint
http://tangentsoft.net/audio/mint/
This thing?
>>
>>52910348
>>I cannot argue with what he said so I will call him names
Oh, the irony. Let's see. I'm a mad, head-fi, sennshill? You seem to have no end of shitposts or even enough sense to know when to stop posting. Are you so immature that you have an irresistible need to have the last word? Let's test this out.

There is nothing to be said to someone having a tantrum thus there is nothing to say except that there will be only one more response. That response will be "it almost hurts to be right so often." That will come in response to your expected shitpost in response to this post.
>>
>>52910388
Yes.
>>
File: 51QE5H9ZmRL._SL1000_.jpg (32KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
51QE5H9ZmRL._SL1000_.jpg
32KB, 1000x1000px
>>52910302
assuming youre not just trying to get a reaction then JayBird BlueBuds X, 8 hour battery life, good sound, and wont fall out.
>>
>>52910385
>mid-fi
stop

>why are they shilling
because they have post purchase rationalization and want other people to make the same mistake they did

K702, HE400i, and DT880 are all better than the HD600 or 650
>>
>>52910422
i have a 400i, and thats not true. the hd600 is more neutral than all of these. if you dont like neutral, thats your choice, but if the argument is neutrality, youre wrong. and around here, best = most neutral (to most of us anyway). unless youre also on a mission to change what best means on /hpg/, you must accept the hd600 are the most neutral, lest i tell you, again, to learn to read a graph
>>
File: 1452215431678.gif (25KB, 511x510px) Image search: [Google]
1452215431678.gif
25KB, 511x510px
>>52910398
>I'm a mad, head-fi, sennshill
bingo
>>
>>52910449
It almost hurts to be right so often.
>>
>>52910448
proof?
>>
>>52910448
lol no
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANHE4002014.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/SennheiserHD600.pdf
>>
>>52910463
all measurements reflect it except one site: headroom. they are the only ones that have very different measurements from everyone else, so they most likely fucked their setup somehow. not to mention all headphones look almost exactly the same from them, which raises its own red flag even without external information. i personally use tyll's uncompensated raw data, because as ive said before, even he regrets using the curve that came with his hardware

>>52910506
if you think the 400i are more neutral, youre looking at the compensated curve. learn about the harman curve and look at the raw data
>>
>>52910520
>excuses the post
kys
>>
File: IMG_20160201_083829.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160201_083829.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
I bought westone w40's. They're the best listening experience I've ever had.
>>
>>52910274
I'm in a Headphone General thread because I want suggestions and opinions, of course i need to get some headphones.. So why Hyper X Cloud?
>>
File: 1452748159554.jpg (1MB, 1672x1672px) Image search: [Google]
1452748159554.jpg
1MB, 1672x1672px
>>52910506
>that HD600 driver matching
fucking disgusting
>>
>>52910549
hyper x cloud is a takstar pro80 with a mic that's why
>>
666 get on new thread
>>52910666
>>52910666
>>52910666
>>
>>52909387
nope, all alone here
>>
>>52910947
he560
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.