[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remix OS Skepticism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (330KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
330KB, 1920x1080px
I'm actually excited about Remix OS. But I see some people are skeptical about it. Please, use your blatant criticism and list out the problems that might emerge from this OS.
>>
FUCK OFF
MOOOOOODS
>>
Another fucking thread?
>>
>>52328457
>>
Red flag 1: it looks good
Red flag 2: the site has a Chinese version
Red flag 3: the ratio marketing bullshit / useful relevant information is extremely high
Red flag 4: it's proprietary
>>
>>52347568
What? You don't like good looking software?
>>
>>52347759
I double dare you name 3 pieces of software that have a lot of focus on design and don't cuck you over in some kind.
>>
Windows XP, 95, and 7?
>>
>>52347519
>Please, use your blatant criticism and list out the problems that might emerge from this OS.
Hello dev.

Will your OS be able to run android apps out of the box? or if not all, at least most?

If not, will you release tools for devs to fasten the conversion from android to remix?

Will the OS come with root access from the start or will people need to waste their time cracking it?

If not, then you'd better rethink your choice because desktop means customization and if you don't wont people to forget your OS within a month after release, then give them a reason to keep using it for something other than watching youtube videos or playing puzzle games, there's already Win10 that does that perfectly and normies won't bother with dual-booting your OS just to play some android puzzle game on PC.

My 5c.
>>
why would any sane person want a mobile os in their laptop?
>>
>>52347784
>Brackets
>Sublime Text
>Evernote
>>
>>52348178
>brackets
Proprietary hipster trash
>Sublime Text
Proprietary, nags you for not buying a license
Single lazy developer holds back development
>Evernote
Are you even trying?
They will sell every single last piece of information you give them
>>
holy shit there are at least three threads up for your this shit acting like it's the best goddamn thing in the universe
fuck off, at this point anyone who hypothetically tried it and liked it would be immediately considered a shill
>>
>>52348360
install remix os.
>>
>>52348216
Not that guy, and I don't agree with Evernote, but how the fuck is something being proprietary "getting cucked"

Welcome to /g/ people
>>
>>52348830
it sets you up to get cucked by not showing you what it's doing; it could be benign like statistics, or it could be a lot more severe like just suddenly charging you for freeware. x86 android is just plain retarded, i don't think x86 could possibly have a lot of stakes in the arm field in terms of efficiency. just download a good rom you like and you're set.
>>
>>52348830
The type of party that makes proprietary programs is typically the type of party that don't want to make the world of technology better, but instead get rich through either selling, which is getting less popular, lock in, collection of data, anti-features etc..
Also proprietary software is not trustworthy as you can't see what it's doing and development might stop or go bad at some point.
Take uTorrent for example, which was decent but now ships bitcoinminers and ads etc. If it was open source there would now be a clean fork, but now the users are just cucked.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.