[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/spa/ Smartphone Advice General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: spa_thankssenpaianon.jpg (178KB, 628x396px) Image search: [Google]
spa_thankssenpaianon.jpg
178KB, 628x396px
A place to collect every thread with smartphone questions

Ask other anons for advices and experiences with smartphones

Previous thread
>>52310380
>>
I'm tempted to buy a OnePlus X
Opinions?
>>
>>52326510
Do it faggot, ill do it to.

5 inch screen máster race
>>
>>52326294
Any phones to look out for later this year with at least a 5.5inch screen, preferably 6inch?
>>
When the oneplus 3 due? Worth waiting for maybe?
Are there rumoured dates for LG G5 or the Samsung S7?
>>
Seems like thousands of people are complaining of nexus 5x problems and it's put me off buying one. Are the problems as bad as they sound?
>>
>>52326294
>no decent sub 5 inch smartphone except Sony's compact line

I personally blame sjws and feminism.
>>
>>52327048
I'd say the oneplus x is a strong phone. 3gb ram, sd expansion, 1080p and 200 quid!
>>
I'm thinking about buying th 16 GB Sony Xperia M4 Aqua for 200€, it seems like the best price-quality ratio I can find. Am I mistaken ?
I hope the battery life is as good as the reviews say though.
>>
File: suomi (1).jpg (65KB, 373x341px) Image search: [Google]
suomi (1).jpg
65KB, 373x341px
I'm looking to buy lg g4 online.
Where should I order, is there any good sale going etc.
europe/pic related
>>
Whenever someone asks for a good cheap phone, the answer is Moto G most of the time.

Is the Moto G really the undisputed champion of budget phones? Why? I can't believe there's only one company caring about efficency.
>>
How's the sound quality on the oneplus x, any static (test by listening to an 'empty' file) and are there any distortions from the dac audible? I'm talking about headphones of course, the speaker isn't relevant
>>
>>52327198
I'm getting the same one. The quality is great and can use it in the bath shower pool etc.
>>
What about xiaomi mi4c? Good idea or not really?
>>
>>52328473
>no microSD slot
>>
I hesitate between the Honor 7 and Samsung Edge +.

Opinions?
>>
File: Moto 360 Design Faceoff Winner.png (441KB, 624x624px) Image search: [Google]
Moto 360 Design Faceoff Winner.png
441KB, 624x624px
Just bought pic related what can I expect?
>>
>>52328560
Why the edge+ over the Note5?

Unless the Note5 simply isn't available where you are, the edge+ is regarded by most people as the worse option, it's more difficult to hold, has less features, and the curved screen makes watching full screen videos look stupid because of the color shit at the curved edge.

That being said, the Note5/Edge+ are better than the Honor 7 i pertty much every metric but RAW CPU power. And in that case, the Honor 7 isn't that much better. The Note5/Edge+ GPU however is more powerful than the Honor 7. The Note5/Edge+ also have an extra GB of RAM and a better quality display.

Overall I would take the Note5 hands down over the Honor7.
>>
Anyone know how WP/W10M compares to BB10?

BB10 was really comfy on the Passport vs Android and iOS (from what I've tried) with noapps being somewhat of a tradeoff, but I'm curious about Microsoft's phones.
From what I read they're surprisingly user-friendly which I took as "like BB10".
>>
File: 1417617638507.gif (770KB, 127x189px) Image search: [Google]
1417617638507.gif
770KB, 127x189px
What's the appeal of buying chinkphones?

Do they legitimately have superior options or is it just a weeb novelty?

I'm thinking about getting a v10, but if there's something better out there I'd love to know.
>>
File: 1452061035523.jpg (100KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1452061035523.jpg
100KB, 1024x576px
I have a phone with dual sim (Zenfone 2), although the second sim has only 2G...my question is, is there any way for me to get 2 whatsapp on one mobile device?

I don't use data on my second sim, so I'm ok with wifi, but any apks that let me have one whatsapp for each sim?
>>
>>52328211
It's a meme, don't buy one.
>>
>>52329266
Googled "one whatsapp for each sim", one of the first results was http://thehackernews.com/2015/04/multiple-whatsapp-accounts.html
>>
>>52329224
Well for me a OnePlus One is better than a G3 in some ways.
I think they have the same CPU but the G3 has bloated software, QHD resolution which isn't even supported by the chipset and drains battery, etc
It really just takes a comparison between models to decide what's better. Xiaomi might be the best budget phones atm but i'd hate having that brand logo on the top of the screen
>>
>>52329224
cheap phones for what they are. When regular brands sell you phones at 400-500$ you can find a chink one that is pretty much the same specs wise 100$ cheaper
>>
File: Screenshot_20160109-034429.png (596KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160109-034429.png
596KB, 1440x2560px
how do I get the searchbar back?
>>
So right now I have a Samsung GS3 and I'm thinking of changing it.
I'm mainly using my phone for music, youtube vids and internet. What would be the best ?
I have a budget of 300-350€.
Also is HTC relevant ? I always liked their phone design but I never hear of them anywhere
>>
Which phone should i choose: LG G4 for it's screen, battery life, replaceable battery and microSD slot or Nexus 5X for it's pure android with latest updates?
>>
>>52329491
How did you get rid of it?
>>
>>52329491
t. Alberto Barbossa
>>
>>52329922

I believe it went away with yesterday's security update
>>
Ok /g/, here is what I need for my new phone. I currently use a Galaxy S5 and I want something which is an upgrade to that. Major criteria are;

-same size or bigger screen
-minimal bloat
-if possible good sound quality to save buying an mp3 player
-SD card slot and ideally removable battery
-cheaper if possible than my current 40 pounds a month

I'm mainly considering the Sony Z5, is this the best choice?
>>
im bought smartband 2 what i am in for? i am a fairly /fit/ guy
>>
>>52330173
Iphone 6s 5.5
>>
>>52330173
see>>52330368
>>
>>52330368
>>52330392
Oh Android only, I should have mentioned
>>
>>52329906
G4

5X is missing removable battery and Micro SD slot. And if you absolutely need to have pure marshmallow you can just install a ROM of some sort on G4
>>
File: huawei_honor_5x.jpg (212KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
huawei_honor_5x.jpg
212KB, 800x600px
Any idea how I'll be able to get my hands on one in Canada when it comes out?
>>
>>52329537
I forgot to say I prefer "small" screens so nothing over 5"
>>
>>52329537
Don't; the s3 has what's most likely the best DAC in phones ever. Close to newer toptier ones like in the 6s and m9. If you haven't already, rooting and flashing a custom rom will give you 1. better battery and 2. will probably make it feel faster. You'd upgrade to a oneplus x that doesn't have the best audio quality or the z3c but from experience the sony DACs are just okay. The sd slot would be worthwhile though or does the s3 have one? Idr

That is, assuming you have the international version. If it's carrier provided iirc it doesn't have the wolfson dac
>>
>>52334377
Actually the one's in those phones are better with the m9 having stellar quality on top of that; it's kind of the only thing HTC has got going for them. Both aren't options because of what you mentioned though. I guess the m8 is, however it is 5" and the extra htc-logo bezel will make it too big for you.

Consider a portable amp and an upgrade to your iems instead anon, that'll be worth it for sure. Unless you feel you really NEED to upgrade
>>
Please recommend a 5" phone that has band 12 on T-Mobile, and is at least as good as the Moto G. I'd get a Moto G itself, but no band 12.
>>
I'm looking for a phone in a price range of Huawei P8. I won't say the dollar amount, cause I don't know prices in USA. Anything better than P8? I must have: 3.5mm jack, SD card slot. I've noticed the CPU in P8 (eight A53, four with 1.5Ghz, four 2GHz) is a bit slower than some others with similar prices (e.g. those with Snapdragon 810). does this make a lot of difference. Performance-wise I'd only like to be able to play PS1 games (including those hard to emulate like Tekken 3).
>>
>tfw I've been running CM11 on my GS3 for a year, and made the mistake of installing CM12

Ugh, I had to go back to CM11, and lost all my stuff. Now all my apps are updated, and I've discovered that my most used apps all got material design updates that made them objectively worse.

Never should've listened to others.
>>
>>52335508
Should have used Titanium Backup (if you were rooted)
>>
Are there any good Android phones with swapped physical keyboard?
>>
>>52335568
Yeah, it's my own fault, desu.
>>
>>52330173
LG V10 , has a built in DAC and has a great camera with manual controls
>>
>>52335680
> swapped physical keyboard
What does this even mean. You're only option is the Priv if I understand correctly.
>>
>>52330173
>-if possible good sound quality to save buying an mp3 player
This is irrelevant because most decent devices have the same SoC anyway.

>-SD card slot and ideally removable battery
Those times are way behind us.

>-cheaper if possible than my current 40 pounds a month
> Paying contract

Anything with the Snapdragon 810 from the latter half of the year or the Galaxy S6 will suit your needs.
>>
>>52336320
>Those times are way behind us.
A lot of phones have an SD card slot and all batteries are replaceable, just some require disassembling the phone.
>>
>>52336401
I think pretty much any Samsung phone has removable battery
>>
>>52335508
>2016
>not using material desing apps

Enjoy your ugly HOLO interface
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.