[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calling all web designers. What are you working on? What framework

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 7

File: 2014-12-02 15.34.13.jpg (103KB, 1390x897px) Image search: [Google]
2014-12-02 15.34.13.jpg
103KB, 1390x897px
Calling all web designers.

What are you working on?

What framework or none at all?

Pro or hobbyist?

Web design general!
>>
Bootstrap mastorrace!!
>>
>> /gd/
>>
Rails. It's just too easy to set shit up and have it running on production.

It's not like the sites are pulling over 100k viewers a day, so it's fine.
>>
>>45431268
>webdesign
>rails
>>
>>45430853
>web designers

STOP USING FUCKING JS SHITTON FUCK
CANCER KILLING THE INTERNET
>>
>>45431295
This, even the Rails website uses JS instead if any of its own stuff
>>
Pro
Rails or Laravel for backend
Bootstrap + AngularJS most of the time.

Really in love with angular.
>>
>>45430853
Pls teach me how into web designing
>>
Back:
Meteor
Node + express
Front:
Bootstrap
>>
I can't stand any Bootstrap-based website,
with their unnecessary js shit and trying to be both optimized for mobile and desktop, which just makes them worse for both.
>>
>>45431486
needs more JS frameworks.
>>
Amateur web designer here. This is my latest project using PHP and MySQL. Building it has helped me get into a bit of PHP and MySQL is a piss take. Been having trouble figuring out a solution to allow multiple file uploads to be written to a MySQL table in PHP.

http://www.mikakunin.de/webm
>>
>>45431588
pls rename
>>
>>45431588
Hm...that seems like an interesting project.

Maybe I might try something like that. I want to sharpen my PHP skills and I've already got a PHP and MySQL database running on my home server for the sake of my webmail interface.
>>
Used to make static pages / add little PHP because my clients don't need a lot of interactive shit just pictures and a phone number. Also they love the fact that they can write their own pages in markdown, it makes them feel competent.

Now learning Flask + sqlite for a slightly bigger project
>>
>>45430853
semi pro hobbiyst

bootstrap + laravel 5
>>
>>45431538
nobody says you need to use their JS.. the way I use it is, just import the stuff I really use and write my own JS for menus, dropdowns and so forth..

ps, you can't have a responsive mobile navigation without JS.
>>
>>45431877
>ps, you can't have a responsive mobile navigation without JS.
wat
Yes you can.

Stop emulating mobile apps behaviour with JS, it makes sites almost unusable on low-end devices.
>>
>>45431904
poor people shouldn't be allowed on the net
>>
>>45431904
how? no hover effect?? should i put the fucking nav at the bottom and use < a href="#bottom" ??

that would be fucking stupid imho
>>
>>45431916
Sorry, not everyone wants to throw away a perfectly functional smartphone just because something newer and shinier comes out.

>>45431926
I'm confused, what does that have to do with responsiveness?
>>
>>45431926
the menu needs to be hidden, since it confuses people with to many options at first visit. how am I supposed to hide it without JS and it has to be mobile compatible???

you can't use :hover since i don't think that would work well on mobiles.

also, you are confusing responsive and adaptive. Adaptive
sites are those with width:100%; everywehre.
>>
>>45431926
You can definitely do a hamburger menu in pure CSS. And definitely do not need endless js for decent, navigatable mobile design.

Pro, expression engine/code igniter back end, currently using kube for front end responsive design. Looking to leave php behind in the next few years.
>>
>>45431588
Are you uploading the files to the database? That is generally not the best idea. Instead, save the files in a folder - and have the path to it stored in the database.
>>
>>45431982
Also, I forgot, I'm planing to add masonry option too... There is no fucking way to do it without JS.
>>
>>45430853
>What are you working on?
Still trying to write my own blogging tool
>inb4 use X
I'm doing it for the heck of it.

>What framework or none at all?
Learning Flask

>Pro or hobbyist?
Professional non-web dev. So this is just for the kicks.
>>
>>45431982
>the menu needs to be hidden, since it confuses people with to many options at first visit.
Fuck your user if he can't handle seeing a few menu items.
>>
>>45432024
Euphoric
>>
Obligatory: http://motherfuckingwebsite.com/
>>
Pro. My place is using modx as cms and I'm hating every microsecond of it. Any good alternative?
>>
>>45432059
>1998
>>
>>45432072
Sure bud, you keep right on stacking one shitty framework on another, I'll be here perfectly happy without 100+ json calls and XBOXHUEG useless jumbotrons.
>>
>>45432040
Oh, fuck your minimalism shit.
Any human without some serious mental issues can handle a few items at the top.
>>
File: some people.png (3KB, 397x52px) Image search: [Google]
some people.png
3KB, 397x52px
>>45432059
>>
Is anyone else pissed off at how http://getbootstrap.com/ fills up your entire fucking screen 3 times for what is maybe 50 words of text?
>>
>>45432165
Read the actual paragraph below you dumb fuck.
>>
>>45432180
Because apparently people can't handle actual information on the screen.
It needs to be as spaced out and awkward to access as possible.
>>
>>45432180
There's nothing worth to read in the front page so no.
>>
>>45432186
I would recommend you to take you own advice.

Also

>lightweight
>still botnet

<!-- yes, I know...wanna fight about it? -->
<script>
(function(i,s,o,g,r,a,m){i['GoogleAnalyticsObject']=r;i[r]=i[r]||function(){
(i[r].q=i[r].q||[]).push(arguments)},i[r].l=1*new Date();a=s.createElement(o),
m=s.getElementsByTagName(o)[0];a.async=1;a.src=g;m.parentNode.insertBefore(a,m)
})(window,document,'script','//www.google-analytics.com/analytics.js','ga');

ga('create', 'UA-45956659-1', 'motherfuckingwebsite.com');
ga('send', 'pageview');
</script>
>>
>>45432153
lol, you are actually right.. I'm emulating mobile app behavior.

Also, I didn't write euphoric... I don't judge fedora people ;)
>>
>>45430853
>>45430862
>>45431410
>>>/gd/
>>
>>45431996

The files are uploaded to a folder in the sever. I used the database to easily rename and organize files on the server.
>>
>>45432222
>butthurt
>>
>>45432218
>hardly used shit like search and settings have their own always visible icon
>to actually access the site's content you have to use a context menu
>>
>>45432180
>>45432206
I, for one welcome, non-busy screens overlords.

Specially in things such as frameworks. You just want some fact quickly throw at you before deciding if you want in or not.
>>
>>45430853
>web designer
>work
choose 1
>>
>>45432230
>>>/b/
>>
>>45432249
its just a design choice, the site would feel empty without those icons. Right now I don't even know what to put in this settings menu..

also, people expect those sites to look like that (Pic related)
>>
>>45432418
YouTube never ever was an example for good UI design
>>
I wish the guys who wrote Flask would rewrite all the airplane tickets booking sites.
>>
Amateur level web designer.

I sell websites for $2k through my current job. Boss finds clients who need websites, I design it in Adobe Muse and sell it to the clients for $2k. Boss takes 30% commission.

Coding is for autists.
>>
>>45432471
where do you find retards willing to pay 2k for pure static sites made in muse..

Also, I think you are a fuckin adobe shill. Nobody uses muse (maybe some retards still use dreamweaver).
>>
>>45432471
Everyone who owns a business and its not failing. I'm from Australia, so people are used to ridiculous prices.
I'm not an Adobe shill, I just grew up using their software (photoshop, illustrator, indesign) and when I saw they made a click and drag web builder (fuck dreamweaver) I jumped on it.
Nobody gives a shit about how a website is made, and the people who Right click > View source aren't my target market.

If the website looks good to them on their laptop and phone, they're sold. I sometimes throw in an E commerce package from shopify for an extra $2k if they're a business.

I'm a problem solved. I know what good websites look like, but couldn't code. So I found Adobe Muse, started making sites and ta-da! Making bank without having to learn shit.

Costs me $15 a month though. Fucking Adobe Creative Cloud shit.
>>
>>45432545
definitely shill.. also if its true, Australians are fucking tools.

Thx for the info, I might try to make some .au sites and sell them stuff.
>>
>>45432585
You're welcome mate. But we hate foreigners.
>>
>>45432644
but seriously dude, why don't you sell them wordpress sites? You don't even have to code, just buy some template site subscriptions.

You would make those sites faster and they would be more usable for your customers.
>>
>>45432059
This is fucking perfect.
Just throw some fancy css on it if you want it to look nicer.
>>
>>45432679
Word press sites aren't as customisable as an Adobe site. I've made 3 templates in Muse already, I just change them up for different clients and I'm done.

But perhaps you're right, and I'm wrong. But I've learned how to use Muse and it's working well for me.
>>
File: rmswebz.png (491KB, 1280x2200px) Image search: [Google]
rmswebz.png
491KB, 1280x2200px
i'm currently thinking of a way on how to integrate the vaporwave style or borderline surfcore style into a modern website.
>>
>>45432718
>Word press sites aren't as customisable as an Adobe site
are you serious?? Wordpress is mainly concerned with backend. You can customise your HTML output however you want (if you know some php)..

But even if you don't know php, you can edit the css files to change it. And you could hardcode HTML in template files...
>>
>>45432760
I don't know how to edit code and I have no interest in learning. Hence why I use Muse.
>>
>>45432743
Absolutely harmful
>>
>>45432743
If I see that fucking font one more time...
>>
>>45431588
>http://www.mikakunin.de/webm
This is great. Though you shouldn't be able to click on the Upload button without selecting a file to be uploaded. Also, it should play the video that you've just uploaded.
>>
Django, Rails or Node?
>>
>>45434027
HTML and CSS
>>
Web designers are faggots
>>
Why should I pay an overpriced web designer when I can use Wix? Or even just hire an Indian?

Time to get off your high horses and realise your "profession" is antiquated.
>>
File: USB Shovel.jpg (72KB, 500x1041px) Image search: [Google]
USB Shovel.jpg
72KB, 500x1041px
>muse
>useful as this
>>
Flask/bottle using jinja2 with $ass and compass with the flat ui kit for basic buttons and style.
>>
>>45435492
Sure you can use wix. But the clients that hire me have better taste than generic wix widgets. Branding goes a long way.
>>
>TFW trying to learn go and webdev a little project management software

TFW don't understand how to actually make the frontend
>>
File: Ohshitnigger.png (1MB, 1235x659px) Image search: [Google]
Ohshitnigger.png
1MB, 1235x659px
>>45431588
>http://www.mikakunin.de/webm
Sauce?
>>
>>45437520
Google image search, sorry for being such a tard.
>>
>>45431588
>http://thebest404pageever.com/
>>
>>45437616
http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/nigga_shot_up_my_club.swf

WHY.jpg
>>
>>45437616
http://thebest404pageever.com/swf/Silence_of_the_Anime.swf
Top kek
>>
How long does it take to website???
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.