[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's do you guys think it's harder: Going from:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

File: Untitled.png (656KB, 862x644px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
656KB, 862x644px
What's do you guys think it's harder:

Going from:
>skinny to fit
or
>fat to fit
imo skinny fags have a harder time getting gains than chubbyfat fucks that just need to cut and tone down their fat
>>
A fat inactive person will for all practical discussion have to gain just as much muscle as a skinny guy. So being skinny is easier because you have less to cut.

Starting out with 10 extra pounds on your beginning lifts is not a major advantage
>>
Either way you need to lift and eat right sooo? It's not like if you're fat you can just lift and eat ice cream all day and one day have a six pack.
>>
chubbyfat is the best way to start lifting
reached brad pitt otter in 9 months natty
>>
As an ex-fatty who became fit I can tell you that it wasn't that hard, but man you can't get rid of the fatty gut without a surgery. People who went from a skelly to fit don't have such a problem
>>
>>35583751
so what this thread is whether cutting or bulking is harder

As someone who cut from 225 lbs to 150 and then bulked up to 190 lbs cutting is much harder.

It takes a lot more willpower to eat less than it takes to eat more
>>
>>35583823
>>35583823
how fat/tall were you my brother? you're scaring me
>>
>>35583831
And if you're a skellington, you'll only be needing ~2500 cal a day starting out. That's pretty easy
>>
>>35583841
6'0 225lbs to 150lbs. Now I'm about 155lbs and lifting. Still have a big gut when relaxed, and a layer of a stomach fat that won't go despite the fact I have a pretty low bf%
>>
File: 12345468532468.jpg (7KB, 269x188px) Image search: [Google]
12345468532468.jpg
7KB, 269x188px
skelly to fit can become aesthetic 99% of the time with no problem. they can permabulk for a long time.. skelly progression:
>bulk for a long time
>small cut 10-20 lbs
>become semi aesthetic

ex fatty's may or may not be plagued with a shit load of extra skin that can't be solved without surgery depending on how severe it is. the usual fat to fit progression requires:

>long cut 40-100+ lbs lost
>bulk
>cut again
>become semi - aesthetic (depending on loose skin factor)

so, they fatties usually have an extra step while skellies dont. however, they both require hard work and some times of being uncomfortable (stuffing your face or feeling starving at night)
>>
>>35583862
You werent even that fat man, Im 6'1 230 and I dont consider myself fat enough to need a surgery after finishing the cut..
>>
Gaining weight as a skinnyfag is the easiest thing in the world.

>O-oh no! I get to get shit loads of good food!

Poor you.
>>
>>35583907
Did you finish the cut already or you just thinking that you won't have any extra-fat that is going to stay with you forever?
>>
>>35583862
Can you post a picture of when you were fat brother? I'm 6'0 240 and I barely have a stomach, posting picture in a bit.
>>
>>35583751
yeah but what about all the Xtra skin that's left from your whale days?
>>
Guys is GOMAD a meme or real? I'm 2 weeks in to SS, 5'7" manlet 150 lbs, about 16%, I don't wanna become a fat fuck if I don't have to.
>>
>>35583940
You can find pic of my progress in the DNP thread >>35556174
>>
>>35583960
oh shit pham, you're dnp guy. im the guy that guessed you were 155 lbs. nice to see you

not >>35583940 btw
>>
>>35583751
Both are equally difficult simply because they both lack discipline enough to eat a steady diet.
However it depends on what you want.

Fatfags will have a harder time becoming beach going fit.
Skinnyfags will have a harder time becoming bear mode.

Fat guys already have plenty of potential for heavy lifting and a ton of energy to give naturally in their system, they can just eat protein and veggies and get noob gains while their body uses the fat already on them.

Skinny fags will have a hard time expanding their diet to get that much food. However 1-2 scoops of protein powder a day and they can look fucking ripped, until you see them irl and they have tiny little baby arms.
>>
File: image.jpg (276KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276KB, 1280x960px
>>35583862
Impossible, I quit lifting due to traveling around due to work but now that im set i started lifting again..

6'1 240, again a fatfuck but in no way fat enough to consider a surgery for excess skin...
>>
>>35584003
Fucking iphone fuck you, can't fix it sorry guys.
>>
>250
>6'3
>love handle city
FUCK, time to read the sticky.
>>
>>35584003
>where do you store those pounds, your cock?

I find it hard to believe you're 240
>>
the reason people tend to think it's easier to start at a point opposite to themselves (fat guys think it's easier for skinny guys, and vice versa) is because each group has the behavioral pattern that is difficult for the other to make habitual.
people get fat, generally, because they have the capability to eat significant quantities in a sitting/over a day.
people remain skinny, generally, because they are either naturally overactive compared to their eating habits or simply don't have a large stomach capacity.
people who start fat generally think it's easy for skinnybros because they don't have a problem with getting in a large amount of calories, where skinny guys do. hence, cutting becomes more daunting.
skinnybros generally have trouble bulking because they, at first, can't physically stomach the amount of food required to gain. but come cutting season, they're back in their element (lots of cardio and/or limited intake).
each group has their share of challenges and benefits.
/rant
>>
File: fat.jpg (31KB, 257x396px) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
31KB, 257x396px
>>35584003
Lucky you mate. I was fat all my adult life and I don't have an excess skin after the cut, but dat nasty layer of stomach fat that doesn't go away even at 150lbs...
And I'm not even mentioning the HUGE bloated gut after a good meal or drinking some liquid. I guess it's the legacy of the ex-fatty
>>
>>35584045
you tried yohimbine?
>>
>>35584045
You don't look bad fa.m dw, at least you're not a fatfuck like me.

I don't know guys I feel extremely fat so I'm getting back at it and probably be the shredded cunt I was before, maybe the fact that I lifted before is ingrained in my body and don't make me look that fat?

I would weigh myself right now but I just ate so it won't make sense.
>>
>>35584045
i know its gonna sound fucked up fa.m but bulk a little your chest arms traps etc and cut your bmi so you get a 4 pack at least

when you have your 4 pack people wont notice that, i have the same thing and its just some of the things only us notice, you know what i mean?

but if you really don't like working out idk what to tell you, but stuff like that is barely noticeable unless youre the guy who did the transformation

-talking from experience
>>
>>35584064
I'm taking it right now with regular coffee. Shit is cash in terms of the hunger control. Never actually tried it with DNP which was stupid. DNP gives you insane carb cravings

>>35584070
Well, you will start to judge an every inch of your body as soon as you get fit, trust me

>>35584083
Please see other pics in that thread. The pic I've attached was right after my last cut when I was 150lbs. Just to prove that that damn stomach fat didn't go away even at that level of bf% when I was Auschwitz mode
>>
>>35583960
Bro, how did you look like that being 6'1? Are you sure that's your real height?

Nice progress tho..
>>
>>35583751
damn i wanna tap that ass
>>
>>35584101
desu, it looks like you barely workout, as soon as you go hardcore with the weights, it'll start looking less and less

try to get muscle mass
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 640x360px
>>35583907
5'10"
Was 340.

It's a different ball game m8.
You have to loose about 50lbs before people even notice. A 1000+ calorie is the real test. And you do this for literally years. Then the loose skin, gyno, and wide hips. You will NEVER be easthetic. You will NEVER have a beach body. You will NEVER have kissable abs. Then there is all the guilt for doing this to yourself for so long, and the anger of those who let you in your childhood. I have been MORBIDLY obese literally my whole life. At 36% bf, which is the most fit I have been in my life. Going, but just.

But yeah.... I am probably stronger than you... And I'll look better in a shirt. So that makes up for it. (Eyroll)
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-11-23-50-19.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-11-23-50-19.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>35583751

Cutting is harder especially if youre a fattfat fuck. Breaking habits is way harder than making them. Also, captchas dont trigger skellyfags. Also, ribs are not steak.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 640x360px
>>35583990
No one listen to this.

You are incorrect, dear sir.
>>
>>35584104
6'0, 183cm. Was like that since 18yo. And I'm 26 on those pics and my height still didn't change, checked it last week.
And regarding my looks... Well, I guess I can blame and thank my genetics

>>35584130
>it looks like you barely workout
Are you from /plg/ by any chance?
>>
skele here.

hate the fuck out of eating. But i can't honestly say I think it's harder to go from skeley to otter or beyond.

Also from what i've seen, the personality shift from being weak your whole life to being "strong" usually turns skellies into complete douchebags. Fatties seems to appreciate it more which is why i think it must be more difficult.
>>
File: Guts_Portrait.jpg (94KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
Guts_Portrait.jpg
94KB, 468x468px
>>35584152
Provide a citation than faggot.
or proof that you have made it and know what you're talking about.
>>
>>35583751
what pisses me off is how fat people feel a sense of accomplishment when they lose 20 pounds of fat over a span of months.

Great stuff dude. I've been busting my ass off here going for a 2x BW squat and 3x BW deadlift and Im not bragging or receiving any encouragement.
Fuck all of you fat fucks. This shits not fucking funny.
Fuck you simon
>>
>>35584045
Hey man, don't worry so much about that layer of stomach fat. It's genetics that that's the spot last to lose for some people. I've never been much overweight myself, could always see my top 4 abs, but still have that fucking "poochy pouch". We'll get through it, dawg
>>
>>35583751
Hey I know reckful what's the story behind this
>pun not intended
>>
>>35583955
GOMAD is for literal skellies

Your BMI is right in the middle of healthy, you don't need GOMAD

GOMAD would be a good idea if you weighed 110 or less
>>
I think the only case that is legitimately hard is for people with ACTUAL eating disorders. You don't become morbidly obese by accident, you get there through a food addiciton. In other cases of addiction, the addict gives up their vice. But for fatties, they have to eat EVERY day, they never quit cold turkey.
>>
>>35583794
Fat people start out much higher than 10 lbs on their lifts. It's more like 100+ lbs
>>
>>35583990
I'm fat and still weak :(
>>
>>35583794
A fat inactive person will have more muscle than a nonfat person due to they weight. They will both have more muscle and more strength due to their weight, making the starting point easier in every single weight.
They also find it easier to eat enough to their increasing metabolism as they lift more.

Not talking 400lbs, but 200-250lbs instead of 150-200lbs.

fit is retarded
>>
>>35583751
mitchF
>>
File: 1451694903934.jpg (48KB, 553x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451694903934.jpg
48KB, 553x640px
>>35583751
>Be fat
>Have to lose 30Kg from fatass to skinny
>Always have to pay attention to how much you're eating, even bulking you can't overdo it
>Often hungry even tho I'm 300Kcal over my TDEE

Yet skinnyfags will tell you they are "hard gainer" and eating delicious calorie dense food is hard.
>>
I started from skinny (1.83m, 60kg), and it's a lot harder than you might think.

first of all, working out does slim to nothing, you have to eat yourself up. Eating yourself up means you can't just eat any fatty shit, as it will make you preggers looking without building actual mass.

My blessing is that I can't get a sense of being full when eating, so I can easily eat 5-6 portions per meal. Worked my way up to 73 kg in a year, and my food costs have been horrific. It's quite easy to get the right shape when going from skinny to fit though, as you can just shape things up.

I eat around 6-8k kCals (depending on money) a day and do full body 3 times a week. At least I won't get excessive skin or belly-button tier gyno nipples.
>>
Skinny to fit, fatties gotta do cuts and cardio to reach true fitness which is much harder and more draining than bulking and lifting
>>
Starting off stronger isn't really an advantage when you have to cut for over a year.

The skinny guy will be way stronger than the fat guy by the time the fat guy finally gets the weight off.
>>
>>35583751
Fat is way harder, belly fat is an absolute bitch.
>>
I started lifting at 19, went from 68kg to 80kg in less than a year without getting fat. The last 3kg or so took months, probably because I spent a long time dealing with injuries.

It was pretty easy.
>>
fat to skinny

cause you have to deal with body dysmorphia. even as a really fit dude I still dont feel like im good enough yet.
>>
>>35585990
> I eat around 6-8k kCals (depending on money) a day and do full body 3 times a week

Unless you're pooping pristine burgers, I don't believe you.
>>
>>35585206
>>35585567
Yeah fatties start off at 120/200/280/350 all the time. They're already stronger than most athletes.
>>
>>35583926
>"get" to eat
I would be happy if I never had to eat again in my life.
>>
>>35585990
>I eat around 6-8k kCals
that's unbelievable - how many meals?
>>
>>35585955
delicious food is fine as long as I don't have to eat it more than I want to (once every three days or so).
>>
>>35586013
this doesn't make sense, someone who's overweight only has to make sure they're burning the excess energy on their body - as long as they make sure they have enough energy and nutrients overall they shouldn't have any less energy than someone who's totally healthy.

skinny on the other hand has to build mass, which takes energy, time, rest. They're doing something which you can't do while you're walking around having a normal active life, which is true of losing weight.
>>
>>35587016
Fat people generally like to eat while twig fuck don't for whatever reason.
>>
>>35587123
force-feeding takes the fun out of it - I'm starting to think force-feeding yourself is counter-productive.
>>
>>35583751
i think its easier for heavier people because they dont have to adjust their diet as much as thin people
however, obese people will also need large diet adjustements, lack willpower, are fatigued easier and have weak joints, so they probably have it the hardest
>>
always fat

Atleast a skinny person will look the part with their shirt off. A former fatty will always have terrible saggy skin, even after surgery it won't look great
>>
>>35584003
brah you look like me at the same height and i weigh 170
>>
If a skinny bro has trouble gaining weight make him get a taste for beer. Doesn't just have a tonne of calories itself, people who drink eat more. In fact Drinking is probably a bigger contributor to obesity in America than McDonalds and shit which most people seem to think are the worst.
>>
>>35587223
former skellie here, i was pretty much an alcoholic at some point but it didnt make me gain weight. while alcohol does make you hungry and you go for that 5am kebap, it upsets your stomach and digestion and you will eat less afterwards

not to mention the other detriments alcohol have on your gains
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.