[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Do you have a healthy self-image?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /fa/ - Fashion

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: mattnem.jpg (12 KB, 319x418) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mattnem.jpg
12 KB, 319x418
Do you have a healthy self-image?

>I can't stop seeing myself slouched but apparently I walk straight.
>>
File: avatar.jpg (61 KB, 580x399) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
61 KB, 580x399
>>8515232
i think i am pretty self aware
>>
I feel like a child amongst adults whenever i'm in public.
>>
>>8515232

I don't have a healthy anything.

I'm tall, thin and good looking. Girls hit on me when I go out. Last saturday it was three different groups of girls. Yet still I feel like shit and can't even imagine myself with any decent girl.

I'm not socially inept or anything. I don't have any problem socializing. I get along with everybody. But I have a real problem truly "connecting" with anyone. There hasn't ever been any person I felt I could totally comprehend, and that could totally comprehend me. Not even close.

And I feel stupid just by writting this, because I should just deal with my own stuff.
>>
>>8515313

same. I still can't figure out what respect is.
>>
>>8515406

I had one until two weeks ago.

I know how to move on, but I forgot how to meet people.

Clothes can't fill the void anymore.
>>
>>8515313
>>8515408

This. I'm 24, don't have trouble getting laid, and people tell me that I'm really friendly and make them feel at ease. I approach meeting new people with a lot of smiling and humor and that seems to work well with women. But I'm constantly encountering people (especially men) who seem to take that as a sign of submission. like I introduce myself to a guy around my age at a party/event and try to ask him about himself and make him feel comfortable and they make a grand effort to do the adult thing
>how's your golf game
>what do you do
and other cliches

it's even worse at 24 now b/c now I meet many more married men. On Tuesday I meet a guy my age who immediately jumped to
>"You married bro?
"No"
>"Good on ya bro. take it from this old dog, hold out as long as possible. I love her, but I'll be damned if the ol' ball and chain doesn't try my last nerve."

SERIOUSLY? YOU'RE 24, GOT MARRIED 7 MONTHS AGO, AND YOU'RE BITING LINES FROM MIDDLE-AGED CLICHE CHARACTERS IN 90'S SITCOMS. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE FOOLING? DID YOU GET MARRIED JUST SO YOU COULD ACT LIKE A CONDESCENDING DICK TO PEOPLE YOUR OWN AGE?

When I was 18-22 I chocked it up to dickheads trying hard to look like the man and talk the talk. But the older I get I start feeling like I'm supposed to be more serious and distrusting in order to convey virility or confidence or something.
>>
>>8515536

>24 and married
'no'

Idk you can be a man both being talkative or quiet.
>>
>>8515536
lmao sounds like u hang w dickheads
those guys prolly feel the same and arent sure how to deal w being adults but arent as comfortable w it as u and try to hide it these lame facades
manliness is ironically such a fragile concept some guys will make fools out of themselves to protect it
dont mind it
>>
>>8515536
Don't let them stifle your free spirit anon.
>>
>>8515536
nah bruh you sound pretty well adjested to me. Totally agree with how fucking weird it is to sound like an old character from a shitty sitcom
>>
>>8515536
It's the same behavior that married 18 year old girls have. I know this because I work with three of them. They usually got married too early if they're married by 24 and they're a man, so like the 18yo married girls they just try to talk in mature cliches in order to feel confident about their decision. Just avoid those kinds of people.
>>
>>8515406
You sound a lot like me. I'm nice to everyone I meet but there a few people I really "like" or even want to be around at all. I'm not trying to be some faggot loner but I find it tiring trying to keep my composition around people and to have conversation flow freely without fear of saying something awkward that I'll regret.

I kind of hoped that as I became older I'd come into my own and naturally develop a sense of confidence around others but instead I've only further retracted and became more socially inept so much so that I hardly seek out the companionship of others anymore. I shouldn't let it faze me because it probably will only make things worse but I can't help but feel that I don't really know how to solve my own problems.
>>
>>8515232
no, i hate myself
>>
>used to be skinny as fuck
>49KG
>happy as fuck, good self esteem, got a few hunnies
>later on diagnosed with life threatening illness
>have to take steroids
>they make you gain weight and retain water
>65Kg now, face fat as fuck, stretch marks all over body
>wardrobe barely fits me anymore, I look stupid as fuck in everything i wear
>hate myself and want to die every single day
>dont even want to see my fucking dumb ass face anymore

pls kill
>>
>>8515536
It's not a cliche. It's reality.

When you have a long term gf or wife, you can love them a ton, but you will still sometimes want freedom or some good old male rationality and level headedness from time to time.

I wouldn't expect /fa/ to understand. Everyone here is young as fuck and dripping with autism
>>
>>8518500
7 months is not a long time to be married
>>
>>8518500
u sound like one of the guys hes talking abt
pretending to know so much abt life but rly ur not any smarter than the rest of us
u cant even understand his post properly u fuckhead
>>
File: 1393188123103.png (11 KB, 387x389) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1393188123103.png
11 KB, 387x389
>>8518475
just fucking lose weight you cunt, fuck you

or kill yourself

fuck you
>>
>>8518475
>65kg
>somehow fat

how fucking short are you? 5 foot?
>>
>>8515232
I dislike how I now judge people slightly on what they wear.
>>
>>8515232
I look like an autistic 14 year old. Like the other anons I get absolutely no respect so I have to come off super friendly to compensate.

I put a mirror in my room a couple weeks ago and can't stop looking at my horrible, droopy, rounded-off face. It's embarrassing to be seen in public.

You hear stuff like "it's all in your head" or "who gives a shit what people think" but even if my confidence skyrocketed tomorrow I'd still be just as physically repulsive.
>>
>>8518475
Manlets.. When will they learn?
>>
>>8515536
I hate this kind of shit.
My classmates say that I should dress like an adult to be taken seriouly. I'm not going to wear fucking mocassins and suits. I'm only seventeen goddamnit.
>>
>>8517940
i don't know why people still get married, there are no benefits that a 18-24 male/female recieves through the process.

usually it's to cover their spouse in their medical isurance plan, boost credit a little and lower premiums/tax rates on certain things

but at 18-24 any benefit you may recieve is nill

just a bunch of financial risk that may bankrupt the 2 partners in their rash decision making

i understand i had food on the table becuase of these bad decisions as a kid growing up
>>
>>8519262
:^)
>>
Should I treat myself as a brand and carefully design my personal traits and mannerisms to become /fa/? Nice clohes are not cutting it. I am still totally unaware of how I should act so I come across as an adult instead of a manbaby. I am 23, 5'11" and ottermode, but still feel like the rest of the world sees me like a child.
>>
>>8515406
Okay, so you're not socially inept, just socially and emotionally crippled
>>
>>8517940
>married too early
>24

This. I'm glad society changed to the point where it's no longer that if you aren't married by 18 you are literal trash like was the case 60 years ago
>>
Bunch of 18-24 year old kids worrying the world doesn't see them as adults yet ITT
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
Thread DB ID: 5272

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.