[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have a healthy self-image? >I can't stop seeing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: mattnem.jpg (12KB, 319x418px) Image search: [Google]
mattnem.jpg
12KB, 319x418px
Do you have a healthy self-image?

>I can't stop seeing myself slouched but apparently I walk straight.
>>
File: avatar.jpg (61KB, 580x399px) Image search: [Google]
61KB, 580x399px
>>8515232
i think i am pretty self aware
>>
I feel like a child amongst adults whenever i'm in public.
>>
>>8515232

I don't have a healthy anything.

I'm tall, thin and good looking. Girls hit on me when I go out. Last saturday it was three different groups of girls. Yet still I feel like shit and can't even imagine myself with any decent girl.

I'm not socially inept or anything. I don't have any problem socializing. I get along with everybody. But I have a real problem truly "connecting" with anyone. There hasn't ever been any person I felt I could totally comprehend, and that could totally comprehend me. Not even close.

And I feel stupid just by writting this, because I should just deal with my own stuff.
>>
>>8515313

same. I still can't figure out what respect is.
>>
>>8515406

I had one until two weeks ago.

I know how to move on, but I forgot how to meet people.

Clothes can't fill the void anymore.
>>
>>8515313
>>8515408

This. I'm 24, don't have trouble getting laid, and people tell me that I'm really friendly and make them feel at ease. I approach meeting new people with a lot of smiling and humor and that seems to work well with women. But I'm constantly encountering people (especially men) who seem to take that as a sign of submission. like I introduce myself to a guy around my age at a party/event and try to ask him about himself and make him feel comfortable and they make a grand effort to do the adult thing
>how's your golf game
>what do you do
and other cliches

it's even worse at 24 now b/c now I meet many more married men. On Tuesday I meet a guy my age who immediately jumped to
>"You married bro?
"No"
>"Good on ya bro. take it from this old dog, hold out as long as possible. I love her, but I'll be damned if the ol' ball and chain doesn't try my last nerve."

SERIOUSLY? YOU'RE 24, GOT MARRIED 7 MONTHS AGO, AND YOU'RE BITING LINES FROM MIDDLE-AGED CLICHE CHARACTERS IN 90'S SITCOMS. WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE FOOLING? DID YOU GET MARRIED JUST SO YOU COULD ACT LIKE A CONDESCENDING DICK TO PEOPLE YOUR OWN AGE?

When I was 18-22 I chocked it up to dickheads trying hard to look like the man and talk the talk. But the older I get I start feeling like I'm supposed to be more serious and distrusting in order to convey virility or confidence or something.
>>
>>8515536

>24 and married
'no'

Idk you can be a man both being talkative or quiet.
>>
>>8515536
lmao sounds like u hang w dickheads
those guys prolly feel the same and arent sure how to deal w being adults but arent as comfortable w it as u and try to hide it these lame facades
manliness is ironically such a fragile concept some guys will make fools out of themselves to protect it
dont mind it
>>
>>8515536
Don't let them stifle your free spirit anon.
>>
>>8515536
nah bruh you sound pretty well adjested to me. Totally agree with how fucking weird it is to sound like an old character from a shitty sitcom
>>
>>8515536
It's the same behavior that married 18 year old girls have. I know this because I work with three of them. They usually got married too early if they're married by 24 and they're a man, so like the 18yo married girls they just try to talk in mature cliches in order to feel confident about their decision. Just avoid those kinds of people.
>>
>>8515406
You sound a lot like me. I'm nice to everyone I meet but there a few people I really "like" or even want to be around at all. I'm not trying to be some faggot loner but I find it tiring trying to keep my composition around people and to have conversation flow freely without fear of saying something awkward that I'll regret.

I kind of hoped that as I became older I'd come into my own and naturally develop a sense of confidence around others but instead I've only further retracted and became more socially inept so much so that I hardly seek out the companionship of others anymore. I shouldn't let it faze me because it probably will only make things worse but I can't help but feel that I don't really know how to solve my own problems.
>>
>>8515232
no, i hate myself
>>
>used to be skinny as fuck
>49KG
>happy as fuck, good self esteem, got a few hunnies
>later on diagnosed with life threatening illness
>have to take steroids
>they make you gain weight and retain water
>65Kg now, face fat as fuck, stretch marks all over body
>wardrobe barely fits me anymore, I look stupid as fuck in everything i wear
>hate myself and want to die every single day
>dont even want to see my fucking dumb ass face anymore

pls kill
>>
>>8515536
It's not a cliche. It's reality.

When you have a long term gf or wife, you can love them a ton, but you will still sometimes want freedom or some good old male rationality and level headedness from time to time.

I wouldn't expect /fa/ to understand. Everyone here is young as fuck and dripping with autism
>>
>>8518500
7 months is not a long time to be married
>>
>>8518500
u sound like one of the guys hes talking abt
pretending to know so much abt life but rly ur not any smarter than the rest of us
u cant even understand his post properly u fuckhead
>>
File: 1393188123103.png (11KB, 387x389px) Image search: [Google]
1393188123103.png
11KB, 387x389px
>>8518475
just fucking lose weight you cunt, fuck you

or kill yourself

fuck you
>>
>>8518475
>65kg
>somehow fat

how fucking short are you? 5 foot?
>>
>>8515232
I dislike how I now judge people slightly on what they wear.
>>
>>8515232
I look like an autistic 14 year old. Like the other anons I get absolutely no respect so I have to come off super friendly to compensate.

I put a mirror in my room a couple weeks ago and can't stop looking at my horrible, droopy, rounded-off face. It's embarrassing to be seen in public.

You hear stuff like "it's all in your head" or "who gives a shit what people think" but even if my confidence skyrocketed tomorrow I'd still be just as physically repulsive.
>>
>>8518475
Manlets.. When will they learn?
>>
>>8515536
I hate this kind of shit.
My classmates say that I should dress like an adult to be taken seriouly. I'm not going to wear fucking mocassins and suits. I'm only seventeen goddamnit.
>>
>>8517940
i don't know why people still get married, there are no benefits that a 18-24 male/female recieves through the process.

usually it's to cover their spouse in their medical isurance plan, boost credit a little and lower premiums/tax rates on certain things

but at 18-24 any benefit you may recieve is nill

just a bunch of financial risk that may bankrupt the 2 partners in their rash decision making

i understand i had food on the table becuase of these bad decisions as a kid growing up
>>
>>8519262
:^)
>>
Should I treat myself as a brand and carefully design my personal traits and mannerisms to become /fa/? Nice clohes are not cutting it. I am still totally unaware of how I should act so I come across as an adult instead of a manbaby. I am 23, 5'11" and ottermode, but still feel like the rest of the world sees me like a child.
>>
>>8515406
Okay, so you're not socially inept, just socially and emotionally crippled
>>
>>8517940
>married too early
>24

This. I'm glad society changed to the point where it's no longer that if you aren't married by 18 you are literal trash like was the case 60 years ago
>>
Bunch of 18-24 year old kids worrying the world doesn't see them as adults yet ITT
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.