[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New 52 Wonder Woman Volume 2: Guts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 127

Is Azzarello's run the Hush of WW comics? Find out more inside!

Volume 1 - Blood:
>>92640372
>>
I almost called this volume GATSU instead.
>>
>>
>>
Admittedly, Hush has almost every Batman character that existed back then in it while Azz's run has fuck-all actual Wondy characters...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92666724
>Is Azzarello's run the Hush of WW comics?
Yes, in that I have no strong desire to read either
>>
>>
>>92666724
>Is Azzarello's run the Hush of WW comics? Find out more inside!
>Overrated shit with decent art
Sounds right
>>
>>
>>92667159
Chiang can draw circles around Lee though. And I have enjoyed some Azz comics, whereas I've only liked THE Loeb comic.
>>
>>
>>92666724
>Is Azzarello's run the Hush of WW comics?
But Hush is Batman 101 whereas Azz's run changed so much shit a lot of it is unrecognizable from before
>>
>>
>>92667237
Shit man I remember this in Attack of the Clones.
>>
>>92667320
Yeah, the comparison was mostly going for the "casual friendly comic most new readers see as THE definitive take". But mostly I just wanted to rustle some jimmies again.
>>
>>
>>
>>92667381
I think I'm one of the most unashamed Azzfags on this board, I've enjoyed and defended numerous times stuff like CAGE of his Hellblazer run, and I love his WW to fucking bits...

And even I can admit this shit with the amazons was all sorts of retarded.

I mean talk about going too far in one direction... I'm sure we can find a decent middle ground between sparkling utopia or tiaras and filthy murder pirate hookers.
>>
>>
>>92667467
Someone liked Cage? Huh.

His Banner was neat, I loved the ending
>>
>>
>>92667467
Yep, and the middle ground is one is Paradise Island, one is Bana-Mighdall
>>
>>
>>
>>92667520
>Someone liked Cage? Huh.
Guilty.
>>
>>
Best Wondy armor by far, way better than that golden chicken shit from Kingdom Come.
>>
>>92667645
This cover made sooooooo many people rage back in the day
>>
The thing that annoys me is the disconnect between Diana and Hippolyta, who are shown as nice, and the rest of the amazons, which are shown as absolute bitches.

Hate Tomasi's portrayal of Wonder Woman in SM/WW all you want, i know i do, but his portrayal of her in that made sense given the way the amazons and their culture is shown here.

Seriously, there's no explanation for why Diana is so generic nice. Even Azz excuse that she was bullied by the other amazons for the clay story doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>
>>92667709
It made me rage that she doesn't actually do any of that... way too many of Chiang's covers were damn lies.
>>
>>92667677
is that a sword that can cut atoms?
>>
>>92667738
Some people are just born nice, anon :^)
>>
>>92667761
Fuck off Waid, only Excalibur can do that, ree
>>
>>92667761

Yup. Of course this isn't mentioned in this arc, because this is a WW book, but in SM/WW? Yeah, Diana referenced the sword Hephaestus gave her in this arc and the fact it can cut atoms, just like the one in Kingdom Come.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92668237
Man, I really dislike that design for Hades...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92666724
That's one of the most retarded ways of holding a sledge when blacksmithing I've ever seen
Cliff Chiang really needs to step up his game and actually do some research on subjects he obviously has absolutely zero knowledge of
>>
>>
>>92668624
To be fair, it looks really dramatic that way
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92668672
I agree, the exaggerated pose really does a good job at conveying that emotion
but if he had just tweaked the angle of the head it wouldn't have looked like Wondy is about to strike with the side of the sledge
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92668940
Okay, that's pretty cool.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Sorry, my computer had a huge brainfart for some reason
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>92666724
Tanks for storytiming, but I really hate the attitude you have towards Azz Wonder Woman.

If it wasn't for this I would have never read a Wonder Woman comic in the first place. I woudn't have found Perez great run or read all of post-crisis Wonder Woman as well as select stories, golden age, etc.

I hate how much fans shit on this run because Diana herself is a very nuanced character. It just doesn't shout it at your face.

Chiangs art is also wonderfu and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

This is a great run even if so called "TRUE" fans don't like it.
>>
>>
>>92671032
Calm down, buddy, it's just some friendly banter.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Thazzit for today, moar AzzWondy tomorrow
>>
>>92671872
ty m8
>>
>>92671032
It introduced me to Wonder Woman too. I fell in love with this run and I went back and read as much WW as I could get my hands on. And I love many of those runs too.

I simply really love the Vertigo comic take of the gods. Like if Constantine or one of the Endless showed up in the WW run, I wouldn't have been shocked. (I kind of like the idea of this version of Ares hanging out with Death. After all the god of War would bring alot of work to Death.)
>>
>>92667320
And if someone did a mainline Batman comic that was as dismissive of his mythos as this comic is, people would scream bloody murder.
>>
>>92667467
I loved it, it made them more interesting and human
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 127

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.