[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spider Universe Thread Pt. 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 275
Thread images: 234

Prior threads here.
>>91254451
>>91283102
>>91312505

Picking up with the final component of the Spider-Epic, Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 3. Starting with the first issue and continuing till the end of Clone Conspiracy.
>>
Heading home meow. Give me 20-30 to make the walk. See you kool kats soon
>>
One page in and already I want to punch Peter in his smug face.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91333558
Sad that Chelsea Cain ruined Bobbi good luck ever getting a decent discussion reeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>
>>
>>91333648
First issue wasn't so bad, subsequent issues nosedived immediately
>>
>>
>>
I hope Slott's fat ass has a heart attack soon so we can finally get a different writer for ASM.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91333790
does slott just have yellow fever?
>>
>>91333744
Like your way of thinking. Slott used to be good. He really did. He managed to write in a way that was both quickly paced and loaded with content. Every issue felt filled to the brim with great stories and characterizations, then I feel like he devolved into a writer that only writes flanderized versions of spidey's entire realm of characters
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91333092
Shouldn't this be volume 4?
Pre-Stracz was vol2, then renumbering to 500 happened and stayed that way, then post-Superior was vol 3.
>>
>>
>>91333899
Peter Parker is my favorite comic book character and it kills me that I can't read him because his book is so shit.
The only time I remember enjoying Slott's ASM was during the Gauntlet (which was mostly enjoying the other writers on that) and a few parts of Spider Island.

I liked the idea of superior spider-man, mainly because it's so rare to see writers do shit that bold but lord was it disappointing.
>>
>>
>>91333991
>>91333991
>The only time I remember enjoying Slott's ASM was during the Gauntlet
THat was a time to be a comic book reader. Never before have I seen a hero be put through such a ringer in such a short amount of time. The
Rhino, Lizard, and Grimm Hunt stories were phenomenal in their own ways. And to top it off that era of Spidey concluded with the story Origin of the Species. Definitely a high point in Spidey's history.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91334077
ASM 617 is one of my all time favorite single issues, ever.

>I'd just like one in the win column

I typically pirate shit because I can't stand to clutter up my house with books, but if Marvel put out a Gauntlet omni instead of spread across like 4-5 trades I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>
DUN DUN DUN!!!!
>In reality I want Ock to either die or become an adaptation of Alfred Molina's Ock a la Spider-Man 2

>>91334228
#616 & #625 are heartbreakingly amazing. Anytime someone says Spider-Man stories are juvenille, I show them that Peter Parker/Spider-Man: A Death in the Family (easily my favorite Spider-Man story of all time).
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91334224
I'm glad oct gets rid of sajani hated her
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91334532
does everyone have claws
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91333092
Did we just skip over the issues inbetween Spider-Verse and Secret Wars? I'm a bit confuse.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91333969
man i still say miles should just have been hobies kid in 616
>>
>>
>>91334865
That would have been really really neat
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Peter sounds like a child rather than a jokey/snarky
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
And the recruitment drive is underway.
>>
After reading #625 recently, this page has so much more weight to it
>>
>>
>>
Neat to see Zodiac be the main villain, although I do miss the previous Zodiac I saw in Dark Reign
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Curt should just kill himself and make the world a better place. He should have the foresight to know by now he's either going to ruin their lives a second time or eat them...a second time.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91336267
How old is may again
She probably shouldn't be running around the world like this
>>
>>
>>91336789
mini where spidey, the torch, and deadpool team up when?
>>
>>91336846
Hopefully her heart will give out and then she can go back to being dead.
>>
>>
>>
>>91336564
did ben just walk in without anyone seeing his Peter Parker looking face?
>>
>>91336024
this is so stupid
>>
>>91337140
I bet he's wearing the Jackal mask.
>>
DUN DUN DUN!!!!
Still miss Ledger Zodiac but this'll do.
>>
>>
>>
>>91336945
How the fuck did he get away?
Did he just do the same thing Norman did and just run off screen onto a jet ski
>>
>>
>>91337343
I'd like to think these guys got The Spot on speed dial.Also,
>Did he just do the same thing Norman did and just run off screen onto a jet ski
I saved that pic. I'll see if I can track it down.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91333899
>>91333991

t. dan slott
>>
>>91337998
Real talk
>>
Man, fuck sheild
>>
>>
I can't believe I'm saying this, but this comes off as the worst of Slott's run so far. I remember when people thought Superior would end with Peter's life getting reset again, but if anything the tech creep has gotten even worse. Instead of taking the Parker Industries thing slow we're just jumping into the global stuff straight away. Slott seems to be juggling half a dozen plot threads, with 3 or 4 secret masterminds going "ah-ha, all according to plan", like Clone Saga on steroids. Just give us an easy to understand story. And on top of all that, Slott's STILL doing the contrived relationship stuff where Peter is managing to piss off everyone around him yet is receiving no consequences.

The only positive I can find is that Camuncoli is a nice get as the dedicated artist, and their mechanical design is nice.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>91338220
>>91337998
Confirmed for newfags
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Ugggggggggg this series is like pulling teeth. The only thing keeping me going is the absolute insanity of the Clone Conspiracy main book.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
These guys remind me of the magicians/advisers in The Prince of Egypt
>>
>>
>>
Alright Zodiac, you're starting to win me over. You're basically a saturday morning cartoon villain in every way that counts and I'm a okay with that. Peter and Co can still suck a dick though.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
As much as I hate the story, the art has been freaking stellar
>>
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!
>>
>>
>>
>>
As much as I love comics, Peter surviving a reentry from space is more than a little ridiculous
>>
And that's going to be it for this thread! Hope everyone enjoyed. I'll see you guys tomorrow!!

Zodiac Related Question: Just how powerful is the Zodiac key? Low level cosmic cube territory or ultimate nullifier territory?
>>
>>91333092
Thanks for sacrificing a little of your sanity to continue posting Slott, OP.

I must be the only anon still having fun here.

>>91334731
I'm pretty sure that the only issues that were skipped were the Spiral issues. Vol. 2 had ended with the collapse of Parker Industries iirc.
>>
>>91339418
As long as someone is having fun, I'll keep going. Right now I'm just trying to settle on something to storytime after. Right now it's either going to be some Fraction comics (Defenders, FF, Casanova) or it's going to be the first 12 TPB of Hellboy but I'm still willing to listen to some recommendations.
>>
>>91339469
Defenders sounds interesting, I've never read it.

If you loathed reading Slott on the second time round, I don't see how Fraction's cape shit will fare much better though. At the very least it won't be nearly as long as this past storytime so there's less risk of burning out.

Hellboy is brilliant no matter how many times you've read it before.

My vote is still Moon Knight but I'm really game enough to read any of those you suggested.
>>
File: Osborn Getaway.jpg (425KB, 1862x503px) Image search: [Google]
Osborn Getaway.jpg
425KB, 1862x503px
>>91338726
>The only positive I can find is that Camuncoli is a nice get as the dedicated artist, and their mechanical design is nice.
Damn skippy.

>>91339549
>My vote is still Moon Knight
Oh shit I forgot about that. Is the correct order
>Huston
>Hurwitz
>Bendis
>Ellis
>Wood
>Bunn
>Lemiere?

For some reason I found Fraction's that trio of series I listed off to be Fraction's comfiest stories. Normally I detest his writing (especially his work on Thor and the last quarter-half of Invincible Iron Man).

>>91337343
FOUND IT!!!
>>
>>91333506
>Spidey mascot of PI
Classic Pete
>>91333648
What's your go to Bobbi? I've only read West Coast Avengers and Bendis
>>91339622
>Is the correct order
I have no idea but we can find out.
>>
>>91333678
My childhood Spider Buggy couldn't do that. This series really does come off as a toy ad.

This already feels like a poor man's Batman Inc.

>>91333975
I think OP is counting this as Slott's third volume on Spider-Man.

>>91334330
What a lackluster reveal. What a shame.

Zodiac have cool designs from what little I've seen so far.
>>
>>91333092
Any chance I can get a mediafire link? I'd love you.
>>
>>91334330
Isn't that role reserve for Lizard? Especially in Curt's current state.
>>
>>91334577
I'm sold. This doesn't look too bad at all
>>91334650
>Hobies
>>91334674
This is an odd premise. Why am I aroused

2099 unexpectedly had the weakest preview here. I'm sure my dick is steering me wrong though.
>>
>>91334727
This reads like shit. Kooky wizard mysterio got a smile out of me though.
>>91335203
>Regent
I thought that this guy was exclusive to RYV.
>>
>>91338726
>I can't believe I'm saying this, but this comes off as the worst of Slott's run so far.

I think it partly explains why the sales on the book dropped off compared to where it was during Superior to Spider-Verse. But then again it already started dropping after Spider-Verse.
>>
>>91342236
>I thought that this guy was exclusive to RYV.

No, Slott said that he'd show up in the main universe at some point, IIRC.
>>
>>91335854
>Baxter Building
This stings.
>>
>>91339549
I heard nothing special about Fraction's Defenders, and that was cancelled at issue 12 or so back when the price difference between 2.99 and 3.99 was still a thing. Guess how much Defenders was.
>>
>>91336247
>Sam L. Fury
>Coulson
>May
The synergy is real, holy fuck.
>>
>>91334807
What i think i dislike about Webwarriors is that the spiders that are fighting in it still have their own world and problems to do as far as i know time still moves even if they aren't there
>>
>>91343376
That might be my problem too.

In other stories that use the same premise, the cast are trying to return to their own home, fighting injustice here and there.

In web warriors it appears like they are ganging up on each reality, tipping the overall balance in their own favour while forsaking their own.
>>
>>91334433
>>91337140
This board uses spoilers for a reason, guys.
>>
world wide bump
>>
>>91344048
I see what you did there.
Spider BUMP!
>>
>>91345232
>>
>>91340323
>What's your go to Bobbi? I've only read West Coast Avengers and Bendis
West Avengers widowmaker hawkeye and mockingbird i miss McCann writing clint.
Thread posts: 275
Thread images: 234

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.