[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death of the PetroDollar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: dollar_devaluation.png (175KB, 500x326px) Image search: [Google]
dollar_devaluation.png
175KB, 500x326px
How long until the petrodollar system collapses?

> Low Oil prices are pressuring Saudi Arabia and other nations to un-peg from dollar

> U.S will never pay back it's debt, which leaves only two options. (Default or Devalue the currency.) Both of which will destroy the dollar.

> Russia is in cohorts with China to create a new Eastern currency to bring financial power away from the dollar to a new gold backed currency

> Central banks and big banks around the world are scrambling to gather as much gold as they can. Libya wasn't destroyed because of terrorists. hint: It had to do with Gold and Oil

> Once the petrodollar system kicks the bucket and the dollar loses its status as the world’s premier reserve currency, you will have few, if any, options to protect yourself.

What will you do?
>>
protect from what?
I'm not a amerifag
>>
>>1048154
>petrodollar
Nice meme
>>
>>1048154

> what will you do?

Relax my throat.
>>
>>1048237
If the dollar collapses, so does every other currency in the world.

Almost all debt in the world is denominated in U.S Dollars in banks outside the United States.
>>
>>1048154
If you put $100 in a 5% APR municipal bond it would be worth $13150.13 in 2013 or $558.84 in 1913 dollars.

Is inflation an evil conspiracy to make you put your money in the bank and invest it? Maybe. However currencies are either going to inflate or deflate due to natural changes in prices, it is better if currencies have a low level of inflation for 2 reasons.

1: To prevent it from constantly shifting between positive and negative inflation allowing businesses and individuals to make more efficient economic calculations.

2: It is easier to inflate a currency than it is to deflate a currency.
>>
>>1048154
>petrodollar meme

stop this

also

>us will never pay back its debt

oh yes, our 'debt' that we owe to ourselves. how horrifying
>>
>>1048154
>Its debt

Every single country has massive debt.

Who the fuck is going to collect from the strongest military in the world?

Also the US GDP outgrows le debt meme yearly.
>>
>>1048300
>collect

what.

it's just bonds anon. if they want to 'collect' they will just sell their bonds. that they own. because we sold it to them

bonds.
>>
>>1048300
>Also the US GDP outgrows le debt meme yearly.
That's incorrect. Our yearly debt increase is 104.5% of our GDP.
>>
>>1048306
continue that train of thought, genius
>>
>>1048154
>This fucking chart
>This chart makes the great depression look like a "good" time for the dollar.
>It's really just inflation statistics arranged into a scary looking graph
wellmemed.jpg.png.gif.wew.lad.bmp
>>
>>1048669
this

USA has the most gold anyways lmfao

lights, camera, insanity!
>>
> Russia is in cohorts with China to create a new Eastern currency to bring financial power away from the dollar to a new gold backed currency.

The biggest hit for Russia came from China not buying Russian bonds issued to compensate the losses due to European sanctions a.k.a "Vlad you need to chill, we're senpai, but don't push it, or you're on your own."

China has the world's biggest reserve of $, and actively works at maintaining the level of said $, because it depends on American markets WAY more than Russian markets.

Also,this graph has Down syndrome.
>>
>>1048154

¡¡¡¡¡¡IT'S HAPPENING!!!!!!
>>
>>1048154
This is some /pol/ tier paranoia
>>
>>1049253

>implying the IMF hasn't added the yuan to the basket of SDR currencies
>>
File: obama.jpg (80KB, 1867x1400px) Image search: [Google]
obama.jpg
80KB, 1867x1400px
The US can never go insolvent and can always pay back its debt

Russia and China are slowly collapsing

You can't create gold with the click of a button

USA is stronger globally today than it was in 08 and the USD ain't going anywhere any time soon, unless republicans take control and intentionally cause a default on the debt for political reasons
>>
>>1048154
>> U.S will never pay back it's debt, which leaves only two options. (Default or Devalue the currency.) Both of which will destroy the dollar.
It's like you retards don't even read what you write. Reread this and see if it makes sense.

People should really take basic econ courses before they comment on issues of debt.
>>
>>1048300
>Every single country has massive debt.
No.

> Who the fuck is going to collect from the strongest military in the world?

No one is going to collect it by force, but by abandoning the dollar as the reserve currency which will make it useless and anyone who has it bankrupt.
>>
>>1049886
>abandoning the dollar as the reserve currency will make it useless
>make it useless
>useless
>and anyone who has it bankrupt
>bankrupt
Holy fuck I love this board. You can't get this type of comedy gold anywhere else.
>>
File: 1433316305379.jpg (47KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1433316305379.jpg
47KB, 500x496px
>>1048154
>one-curve graph
>>
File: 1452459818374.jpg (142KB, 890x900px) Image search: [Google]
1452459818374.jpg
142KB, 890x900px
>>1048154

Holy fuck back to >>>/pol/ with you.
>>
>>1048792
>This graph has Down syndrome.
kek
>>
>>1048154
US is still the safest bet. We can devalue the dollar as interest rates rise by releasing more of the QE money from banks and its an even tradeoff since everyone would still rather buy our bonds than russias or chinas.
>>
>>1048154
That would be cool if China or Russia has a real economy to stand on. Don't BS me about China, they are in complete shambles and it is not going to get better for them any time soon. Russia has no economy at all on a global scale. It is the equivalent to Ohio.
>>
>>1048300
Our debt is protected by our nuclear weapons, it is really a simple concept. Want repayment, come and get it.
>>
So what you're saying is I should buy as much shit as soon as I can to get the biggest bang for my buck?
>>
>>1048251
>almost every country

I am so happy I dont live in a country that is allied with the imperialist scum of the USA or does any major trade with US terrorists.
Enjoy your economic collapse suckers!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.