[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a retarded sophomore who landed an interview with Credit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1422373434133.jpg (82KB, 530x800px) Image search: [Google]
1422373434133.jpg
82KB, 530x800px
I'm a retarded sophomore who landed an interview with Credit Suisse's Investment Banking Capital Markets division in New York. It's coming up in a few days.

What should I read to prepare me for the interview, aside from the standard investment banking interview prep? What could I read that would teach me enough to hold my own in a conversation about capital markets? (I don't know shit about them) Also, where could I get an understanding of Credit Suisse as a firm, including its investment strategies and its strengths and weaknesses?
>>
Who fucking knows man.

Try the internet.
>>
>>1023069
wikipedia.org
>>
go to sites like wall street oasis and other prep sites. They have loads of manuals that will debrief you and other prep materials. There will also be loads of kids in your position chatting abt the same thing.
>>
nothing you couldnt google yourself or find on a lifehacking site.

keep the spaghetti in your pockets, credit suisse had a lot of their staff poached this year, they must need you pretty badly.
>>
>>1023082

That's pretty encouraging. Where would I find out about shit like this? Like a specific website?
>>
At the end of each of your interviews, tell your interviewer that you would really appreciate if he/she recommended you for this position, and that you're eager to work hard.

That alone could help salvage a bad interview.
>>
>>1023069
How did you land this interview?
>>
>>1023092

I go to a top target school and put in an application through a recruiter.
>>
>>1023069
Nice cum dumpster
>>
Why don't you just ask anon >>1019166 ???
>>
>>1023150

Thanks for the link, I don't browse /biz/ very extensively
>>
>>1023069

Sauce please
>>
wear a yamaka
>>
>>1023069
Just read the Vault/WSO guides and you'll be fine for any interview questions they throw at you especially as a sophomore. If you've taken any corporate finance classes yet, those will probably be helpful.

As far as financial markets stuff goes, just read the WSJ. To be completely honest, if you actually don't know shit then it's probably too late for you to form a coherent opinion about a lot of things. The most important stuff is probably the Fed/interest rates.

For IBD interviews, you really don't need to know anything about their "investment strategies." You're on the sell-side. You don't actually do any investing. You help clients out.
>>
File: mfwproblem.jpg (68KB, 1200x631px) Image search: [Google]
mfwproblem.jpg
68KB, 1200x631px
>>1023150
mfw when >>1019166 will be interviewing OP and denies him the position for failing to check the catalog
>>
>>1023069
http://wallstreetplayboys.com/interview-qa-investment-banking/

Enjoy
>>
>>1023069

Who is grill
>>
>>1023069
bring a picture of that semen demon with you before the interview. Whack off. You'll be fine.
>>
Tell them that most of their forecasts are wrong and useless, because they can't predict fat tails
>>
>>1023069
I didn't get the job but I can help you with what I remmeber from a UBS interview (they obviously thought I was smart enough to interview)

They think you have it what it takes and are qualified, however, they want to get to know you

I got a question about what the ASX 200 was trading at, what UBS was trading at that morning, I got kind of a puzzle I had to solve, I was asked what my favourite part of school was, it was basically just a regular interview I think (I got my current job from nepotism so that wasn't an interview lol so I wouldn't know what a normal finance interview would be),

Idk, make sure you have some interests you can connect to potentiall, golf, chess, tennis idk. Hopefully you had clubs and shit you did at uni

It was a long time ago and I really can't remember the specifics, sorry I can't be much more help.

You are a hard worker ;) very interested to investment banking and the financial world
>>
>>1023069

If you get an investment banking job, do you get grills like that?
>>
>>1025037

I-bankers =/= Wolf of Wall Street.

I-bankers work really, really fucking hard and are basically absorbed into their work bubble. Good luck finding the time to nab a chick
>>
>>1023069
convert to judism
>>
File: 1443577759041.jpg (38KB, 640x596px) Image search: [Google]
1443577759041.jpg
38KB, 640x596px
>>1024372
>mfw when
>my face when when
mfww

>>1024738
Luana Kisner
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.