[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think about the simulation hypothesis by Nick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: matrix.jpg (11KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
matrix.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
What do you guys think about the simulation hypothesis by Nick Bostrom? Is it a bunch of bullshit or could life as we know it actually be a fucking computer program?
>>
>>19603312

Nah, it's just a dimension. We're kinda-sorta 'locked' in. The door's open, but there's not a way to it, yet.
We're working out the math now.
>>
Look at the structures around you. Totally impossible for a human being to actually create.
>>
>>19603312
>>19603319
>pocket dimension
>tulpaverse
>simulation
>God's imagination
>computer program
Who cares what it's called. We're still stuck inside it and the implications are the same.
>>
File: 1499679195646.jpg (16KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1499679195646.jpg
16KB, 184x184px
>>19603312

The ultimate implication of the simulation hypothesis is that everyone is simply manifestation of a single intelligence, and that individual identity is a simultaneously both true and false. It's only if you have your own Sol/Soul upon your creation, that true individual identity in a shared reality is possible.
>>
How can you proove you are not AI being tested in the ultimate simulation?
>>
>>19603326
Please explain
>>
>>19603357
What are you saying, Anon?
Only 5 humans are real?
Most people are reptilian AIs?
>>
File: 1479915999342.jpg (31KB, 418x408px) Image search: [Google]
1479915999342.jpg
31KB, 418x408px
>>19603346
>Who cares what it's called. We're still stuck inside it and the implications are the same.
This guy gets it.
>>
File: cuttestcatgif.gif (3MB, 225x324px) Image search: [Google]
cuttestcatgif.gif
3MB, 225x324px
>>19603448

What better way is there for an AI to understand the human condition than to live the life of a human being.... or billions of humans..... or an entire human civilization from birth to singularity.

>Or to repeat the process with "seedings" every time the civilization reaches the "singularity" in an infinitely branching tree?
>>
>>19603326
I mean, I've seen amish people put together a house in an afternoon. It doesn't seem impossible if you know what you're doing.
>>
File: binary-code.jpg (106KB, 960x678px) Image search: [Google]
binary-code.jpg
106KB, 960x678px
>>19603312
Well like a computer program, reality exists and is governed by a set of rules and limitations. We have gravity, molecular bonds, chemical reactions, magnetism, etc etc. The question you pose could also be asked as:
>Did something create the universe?

Simply put, the answer is yes. In our universe and the rules it obeys dictate that you cannot get something from nothing. So with that basic fundamental thought in mind, scientist, whether they agree it was the Big Bang or not, believe that everything in our existence came from a single point.

Everything down to smallest scale possible is nothing more than energies and a set of rules which dictates how these energies interact with each other to create anything and everything.

So in some way or another yes, this is a simulation when looking at the bigger picture. It doesn't mean that we live inside of a computer program, but does mean that we are living in a lower form of existence creating from a higher one which set the rules for how ours behaves. I believe this simple because for something to come from nothing, it must be conceived in a higher form of existence.

Philosophically, this is called a divine intelligence. Scientifically, this is called an alternate reality. A reality in which a set of rules or intelligence was created, or was always there, and gave birth to another reality to manifest it's will in what we now call our universe.
>>
>>19603728
Behold! my late night typos again...
>>
File: 1473052932722.jpg (116KB, 747x721px) Image search: [Google]
1473052932722.jpg
116KB, 747x721px
>>19603728
>In our universe and the rules it obeys dictate that you cannot get something from nothing.

A logical Assumption, but still an assumption.
>>
>>19603728
>>19604831
>In our universe and the rules it obeys dictate that you cannot get something from nothing.

Personally I think both the atheists and buddhists are right, in that the ultimate reality / God is actually Emptyness, that has Consciousness and Creative Power as its only attributes. This Nothingness looked at itself, and voila there's Kether, the One as an Object, as opposed to God-Nothingness as the One as the Subject.

From there it's just a matter of interlacing series of object-subject, or existance-non existance into massive amounts of binary combinations, therefore deploying Reality.

>From Nothingness came the One, from the One came the Two, which created the Three, which caused the Ten Thousand Things...

Everything is made of Consciousness / Emptyness, just it has different levels of deployment / foldings, and different levels of access to binary information. So we have a tiny bit of pure, high-level Consciousness/Emptyness acting as a Subject who handles the set of information that we can access through our body-senses-brain-other information managing systems.
>>
>>19605734
Forgot to say, realize that any kind of Object, even Yourself as an Object, is made of qualities, which are born from limits and differentiations (otherwise everything would be the same neutral mass). That which trascends Object must therefore mean it trascends limits and also has no qualities, being necessarily Nothingness. Therefore your highest level of being, that is the Sacred Subject, is Nothingness.
>>
Nerds who lack spirituality or historical knowledge reinterpret and create secular version of christian Gnosticism
>>
>>19603312
Universe is electric, saw it with my own eyes. Not a simulation.
>>
>>19603326
you are obviously an ignorant fucktard. if you're gonna try and seem smart be realistic you twat
>>
>>19605765
How does it being electric prove it's not a simulation?
>>
>>19603312
Well there are two cases to look at:
1) We are somehow in the original universe. That means either we die out or we decide to ban universe simulation. Third option in that case would be us being insanely lucky. If in the future we manage to make whole historical simulations it would be more likely we are in one rather than not.
2) We are in the simulation. Fun part: parent world doesn't have to follow same physics. Which means if it is possible we might bump into lowest discrete laws of physics to 'prove' it. For example, Plank length might be just minimum resolution and light speed time dilation might literally be universe lagging from the strain of the speed. Particle wave duality might be simplified math drawn over with physical simulation when observed. Bonus point is that it would guarantee that there is a God
>>
since my previous post was deleted:

this is a simulation thread. - thus expect the hanz in it.
>>
>>19603346
>
God imagination would imply you are god, you are not "stuck" you choose to be here.
>>
>>19603312
There is no simulation.
Relativity is lie.
We live in a geocentric universe.
Our world is 7525. years old.
You are not an insignificant grain of sand in a desert. Everything you do or do not is important and can make world wide consequences.
Tesla was right about everything and his resonating frequencies theory is correct in everything.
>>
File: 9woyx.gif (112KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
9woyx.gif
112KB, 500x464px
>>19603312
>or could life as we know it actually be a fucking computer program?
of course it COULD....if it is I don't know..you won't know, nobody knows for sure...everythings possible as long as no """"god""""" comes up and spits some truth...(which he won't..)

So we are stuck in this pile of poo we call human existence.
>>
>>19603319
source? Any evidence? Or are you just telling what someone else told you, that someone else told him, who got told by someone else ..(most probably on 4chan) and so on?

Why do people never give any evidence, nor source for their "this may sound like some tremendous, bombastic claims, by some new-agey, but really...quantum physics is tellin us"-claims?
>>
>>19603628
thats not what he means..the wood and so on was already there...they just put together whats already there in to a specific form that we happen to call "a house"....we can't create anything thats not here...maybe children may be such thing but even then..the sperm was in your nuts all the time, so it was already there...

You can't "add" anything to this world/reality
>>
>>19603346
so much this...fuck the semantics...this is a prison!
>>
>>19606322
>, you are not "stuck" you choose to be here.
nope...cant remember to have done so! More than once cursed to the sky "i diddnt chose to be here..come get me mofo!" as you see - Im still here.
>>
>>19606405
you can always "leave", stop blaming everyone else, pussy.
>>
>>19606405
>not calling god a bitch daily.
>>
>>19607162
Please no he tries his best just like us.
>>
>>19603346
> life is not real, it's X
> I don 't have any solid evidence, or any way to validate my claim
> also there is nothing you can do to stop it, and having this knowledge doesn't affect your life at all
> but it's real
> I swear
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.