[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You want something paranormal ? There is no point to any of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (167KB, 853x800px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
167KB, 853x800px
You want something paranormal ?

There is no point to any of this, there's no point to our lives and there's no reason to exist. The only reason most of us choose to persist is because 99% of the time, even if we're feeling glum or depressed, the chemicals in our brains are enough to affect our rational thinking so that suicide never seems like a viable option. Its a subtle nuanced effect aimed at sustaining our survival as a species. We can't turn it off, but if we could, most of us would be dead in a day.

So why do we all collectively hate suicide ? Not trying to be edgy, or upset anyone though. Is it because we leave those we love behind to be sad and have a harder life? Or is it because we all collectively are afraid of suicide, as a result of the same instinctual thought process that prevents us from committing it ?

The human brain hasn't even been close to fully understood yet, there are still facets of our neurobiology and psychology that have yet to be explored, do you think that it will be discovered that these instincts will be found to be significantly more developed in our human brains since we have developed our creative intelligence and self awareness so much or will it be the same function that keeps a monkey hanging on to a tree ?
>>
>>19593731
because non of you fucks can ever just go off in the middle of nowhere and off yourselves harming no one, its always public attention whoring or suicide by cop/ violent outbursts on society
>>
>>19593765
Most people who commit suicide, commit suicide alone. Really only the ones who feel like they need to enact some vengeance for their ego or have some misdeveloped idea of what society should have given them or were just lonely do it in that way.

Thats clearly a problem seperate from what this thread is about. What do you really think
>>
File: 1500069375956.jpg (57KB, 600x677px) Image search: [Google]
1500069375956.jpg
57KB, 600x677px
Somebody sure had their bowl this morning
>>
>>19593731
Why any of this matters to you then?
>>
>>19593813

there is a current romanticism of depression in society because romantacism of everything else in this world is dead, including romance between men and women
>>
>>19593827
Thats it. Just call me a buzzword so you feel better champ.

>>19593836
Don't know. I'm scared to die. Maybe thought someone here would be able to give me some reason why the above isn't true.

>>19593841
I'm not romancing depression, just asking a question. You're projecting your own weird view of how societal roles or something have degraded or something because i don't see any link.
>>
>>19593897
The blue pilled life, those were the days
>>
>>19593897
Don't be worried about dying, or about anything. Suffering is a choice, you choose to suffer when you listen to that voice in your head that you think it is yourself thinking. He is not.

He is actually your enemy, pointing out everything thats wrong and why that should make you suffer. You have to breath and tell it calmly to shut up.

One time will not be enough, it will answer with everything that is wrong in your life, you will need to calmly tell it to shut up again, and again, and again untill actually shuts up.

You will then breathe and probably feel a tingling all over your skin with a peace sensation, it will mean you did it, from there, you just need to remember it the next time you need it again.
>>
>>19593731
Are you this stupid? If we didn't have a built-in self-preservation instinct we would never have got off the ground. All animals have self-preservation instincts because without them, they wouldn't be around. It's the only reason we fear death, and it's not paranormal. In fact, it couldn't be more normal.
>>
>>19593943
What I thought was paranormal wasn't that we have self-preservation instincts. Thats not what I said if you reread thats normal like you say.

What seems possibly very un-normal is that we could choose to continue to exist in this state knowing that there isn't any reason why the state of death is any different to the state of life from an grander perspective.
>>
>>19594018
then why do you need to choose one over the other?
>>
>>19594049
You don't really, however if the existence you've got is worse than not existing at all, how can you logically say that its not worth ending ? It's controversial because different people believe different things that make a life worthwhile, and ultimately society believes that a persons sole judgment isn't enough to justify suicide. So theres no real way to judge, so really whats stopping you from choosing either
>>
>>19594067
Worst is a perception, things are only bad if you percieve them as bad. Nothing is bad, you tell yourself that stuff is bad when your ego doesn't like what it sees.
>>
>>19594101
Worst is an evaluation we make. Can't we judge life to have value dependent on the experiences it contains?
>>
>>19594131
if you ask yourself the why of all those "evaluations" you will realize that they all stream from the ego and its needs. Once you dump your ego nothing can really hurt you, but you can enjoy every experience.

I would recommend you to watch "revolver"
>>
>>19594144
Alright. I will. Thanks for the rec. I wasn't expecting anyone to talk to me, :p just call me an edgy bastard and go. Its a shit feeling to have. Believing its not true, or knowing you atleast think it isn't helps I guess. I'm going to bed. Cya
>>
>>19593731
Fuck off fedora, I've experienced union with god and my life has been so filled with demonical events I wish I had an empty stupid existence without scares like yours.
>>
>>19594164
Shit. Sorry dude, I had no idea. What kind of scares, I'm interested.
>>
>>19593731
>So why do we all collectively hate suicide ? Not trying to be edgy, or upset anyone though. Is it because we leave those we love behind to be sad and have a harder life? Or is it because we all collectively are afraid of suicide, as a result of the same instinctual thought process that prevents us from committing it ?

In the past, those with strong tendencies against suicide were more likely to live long enough to reproduce. Over time, children born with the trait of suicide aversion outnumbered those with suicide acceptance. Eventually, all those who were fine with suicide died out, and all we have left are people with a strong aversion to suicide.
>>
>>19594170
Well, it all started with the union with god, basically I felt as if god had touched me in the chest, then my mind expanded, my body felt very light, the presence of god was within me, time seemed to flow in a different way, it was a wonderful feeling (a kundalini rise, actually). The next days I was euphoric, not in an atheistic sense, but as in plethoric with joy and happy feelings and laughter.

Then I started noticing patterns, people were talking about me, they were stalking me, and I started noticing poltergeist activity. From that moment onwards both the people of the world and unseen forces have been trying their best to take me down. From spiritual rape to simply taking me to a room and telling the to "accept" or be declared insane.
I've seen so much shit, invisible arms touching me whenever I climbed up the stairds, flaming skulls under my bedhseeets (visions).

To make things worse, practicing any religion would make the symptoms worse, until I found gnosticism, a simple gnostic belief where there is a dark god hiding behind religions and a god of light has made my life bearable.
>>
>>19594101
Then I suppose you wouldn't mind if someone came into your house tomorrow, cut your dick off, and robbed you, before going out to murder all your friends and family and making you watch?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.