[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OPRP GG Infinity does or does not exist in space-time? General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

OPRP GG

Infinity does or does not exist in space-time?
General relativity does not support the existence of reality, beyond the distance of the longest light wave in our universe.
"Nothing travels faster than light."
Then it can be said, that the longest lightwave in the universe, measures the current diameter of our universe.
Let's suppose wormholes are possible, and they have the ability to instantly transpose you in space-time.
Could you, or could you not exit the wormhole, beyond the length of the last observable light wave?
If only looking at quantum mechanics, this should be 'possible'
However, this begs the question, on a macro-scale (Larger abstraction than quantum particles.) does the idea, that nothing exists until you measure it, continue to apply?
Does our universe physically exist beyond that lightwave diameter? Or does the act of light reaching that point, create it?
I feel like, the universe can NOT exist infinitely beyond that point, because if the expanse of empty vacuum went on for infinity... Wouldn't that cause the rate of entropy of mass and matter within our universe to approach infinite speed?
If an infinite amount of nothing was pulling on something, I feel like that something should be instantly, and infinitely stretched across the infinite distance.
Like, if you look at our universe as objectively as possible, the expanse of space beyond our observable universe is the only thing within our universe, which has a chance of being an infinite value.
All other outcomes in our universe are a very large, albeit not infinite calculation.
My understanding is this: Given the fact that we have what seems to be a finite amount of forces and a finite amount of particles, isn't there a finite amount of superpositions and planck moments possible, within what we can observe? There must be a maximum or upper limit to this. So, nothing within our observable sight is infinite at all.
>>
>>19587449

>isn't there a finite amount of superpositions and planck moments possible

Space-time isn't a linear plane, so no.

>within what we can observe?

This is the crux of it all, perspective of observer. Just because you cannot perceive it, does not mean it does not exist.
>>
>>19587462
>isn't there a finite amount of superpositions and planck moments possible

Space-time isn't a linear plane, so no.

How does 'Space-time isn't a linear plane, so no.' disprove that there are not a finite amount of points and places within space-time for subatomic particles to exist, even when factoring them in relation to one another?

Please, tell me more about your PhD dissertation on this, because if you don't have a peer reviewed supposition on your statement, it is garbage, and is unsupported by what we currently know. You would win a Nobel prize and probably $1,000,000 anyway because your 'statement' would explain the P = NP problem in the millennium prize.
>>
>>19587462
Our universe doesn't contain infinite matter, nor infinite energy, per General Relativity.

While also, examining quantum mechanics, there are NOT infinite unique quantum particles as far as we know TODAY.

Thus, there are a finite amount of planck moments, which these finite amount of particles can exist in.

It's a big number, it's just not infinity.
>>
OP. Your question is just a complicated way to ask: "If a tree falls, and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" The answer is yes, because it alters sound waves around it.

The same thing is applied to time-space. Even though you do not personally experience something, that does not translate to non-existence. Space-time has much more to offer than just your relative knowledge about it.
>>
>>19588754
>The answer is yes
It must be only for you, because the concensus is that it wouldn't make a sound unless there is a observer for it.
>It didn't happen unless you witness it.
>>
>>19588767
Your argument is quite weak. "Consensus" does not override fact. Again, simply because you do not experience something does not mean it does not exist. A group of people who have never used the internet could come to a consensus that we are not using the internet to access this site. The consensus does not hold because the fact remains that we are indeed using the internet to access this site. The fact remains that the tree falling alters sound waves surrounding it. The fact remains that beyond what we have observed, there is still more to discover and observe.
>>
>>19588811
The difference is that the concensus was made by true experts and your comparison is a fallacy because you used it wrong.
>>
OPRP?
>>
>>19587449
Are you claiming to be GG? You should be aware that you left here never to return after Enemy Zero was destroyed, and no OPRP agent would make such posts and include the fact they're with the OPRP, assuming they didn't know in the first place. Gonna need confirmation.
>>
You are answering questions that likely belong more on a board about science. If existence can only occur when light can reach then the theory of dark matter cannot exist since it does not interact with light? I'm no scientist so I may be babbling. If it's true dark matter cannot interact with light, and assuming it is true dark matter would exist under that premises, then why wouldn't reality exist past the longest light wave.

On that note, does that light wave continue to travel, or does it hit a dead-end? Could you show a 'wall' in which all light will cease to travel, or would the light continuously travel when checked hundreds of years later? If the line continued to travel.

>>19587462
I'm not entirely sure what they mean here other then there are no directions in space. You also have to take into account that either space or time might be warped... or some shit. I dunno'. Then you got the idea of 'curved' space-time which is just more confusing.

Where does the light that enters a black hole go? No one knows?

That likely doesn't answer your question at all.
>>
Also, on the subject of entropy, once again... no scientist, but the existence of a universe in the first place sort of proves all our rules and laws stemming from entropy to, I dunno' what else, is more or less a set of guidelines.

I'm not saying the existence of our universe itself proves some otherworldly creator, so to speak, like a God... but it definitely would insinuate what we know about the universe only applies to some of the universe.

It's a guideline, but definitely doesn't explain everything once you get to the very beginning of the universe. It could very likely mean there is an answer to your question, it might exist past that, and there might be a set of guidelines that apply which we, as humanity, haven't really figured out yet. The concept or theory might just not exist. Unless you wanna' go back to a sky fairy. I'm not knocking religion; in fact, I'm religious. I'm just saying this is sometimes why people go back to the sky fairy in the end to use a comical term for a catalyst or dynamics we don't comprehend.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.