[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /x/. Is becoming a demon hunter a feasible career path? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

Sup /x/. Is becoming a demon hunter a feasible career path? I need a new job.
>be me super unemployed
>trying to get job but no luck
>fuck it play Diablo 3 to kill time
>gf tells me I can't just play vidya all day and I need to get a job, be responsible, shower, etc
>been playing demon hunter character which gives me an idea
>tell gf I will kill demons irl
>she says that it probably doesn't pay well

What do you anons think?
>>
File: 1502975774465.jpg (56KB, 1033x405px) Image search: [Google]
1502975774465.jpg
56KB, 1033x405px
>>19580615

Dude weed LMAO!!!!
>>
Tried it for a while: Demon/ghost/vampire hunting, exorcisms, theurgy... Wouldn't recommend it from a monetary point of view, it's really hard to make a minimum wage these days on the business. Plus, Shadow Govt motherfuckers, Catholic priests and SanterĂ­a bitches already have control of the whole market.
>>
>>19580669
Damn that's a good point. See I was thinking freelance stuff. Start small hunting ghouls and shit and work my way up and get noticed.
>>
>>19580678
>not just killing the biggest and baddest demon to assert your dominance from the start

FISTFUCK DEMONS WITH HAND GRENADES
>>
>>19580734
>kill some big ugly demon no problem
> turns out it was a demon prince
>bunch of hellspawn following you around cause you're alpha now
>mfw trying to be demon hunter now you lead the legions of hell
>>
>>19580615
There are tons of rich people that have been driven ghost crazy by their money and social worries.

Create a flawless real life character that can convincingly rid them of their non-existent "demons" and CASH it outside. How bout dat?
As long as they think you think you are genuine and not a $cam, they will pay you well for any service, real or not.

You have to get them to connect with you on a personal level, so that when you tell them the ghosts are gone (for now), they will believe it, and not feel financially threatened by calling you in for more pest control.

Doing things like this is definitively "eating the bad fruit", but, they are charging you for clean water so all bets are off. You are forgiven by yourself.
>>
>>19580807
This is a good idea since demons and ghosts don't exist anyways. You'll have to do a good show, good acting=good money. Everything is fraud.

Don't act like in movies but act as if the ghost was real and the exorcism procedure was real.
>>
Don't quit your day job
>>
>>19580615
You've got a good gf if she puts up with that shit. Maybe try finding an easy job like night time security where you can sit around and play vidya and get paid.
>>
File: 1503496298125.png (299KB, 512x374px) Image search: [Google]
1503496298125.png
299KB, 512x374px
>>19580615
no
just no
>>
>>19580615
You would be surprised. It pays pretty well. I'm one
>>
>>19580833
Yeah she's great. I realized I sound like a total neet but hey I'm trying right. Real talk I like your idea security wouldn't be too bad. Sure as hell beats doing odd jobs like I have been
>>
>>19580807
If you get really good at it it can totally become a tv show
>>
just keep playing diablo you'll come up with something better eventually
>>
>>19580850
Got any crazy stories?
>>
>>19580815
Guess I'll have to read up on how the "real" stuff is done. Any suggestions anon?
>>
>>19580615
How can a loser like you have a girlfriend and I'm single?
>>
>>19580900
pick sorc
rush to hell
dump all stats in vit
wear p ap nigma
gheeds fortune very important use a b torch
trust me
>>
>>19580902
Bitches love demon hunters
>>
>>19580615
You can't make money on it unless you're a good actor and not afraid of cheating your employers.

Most of the people willing to pay for someone to hunt / exorcise a demon are mentally ill or under drug influence, and obviously, if there's no demon, you can't hunt it. you can act out some elaborate ritual to convince them that you're doing something and take off with the cash before they notice that it didn't help at all (similiar to what most psychics do whith their readings), but that's nothing but fraud.

On the other hand, those that can actually see demons and spirits will rarely ever hire a hunter as most of them can banish one or two demons on their own (not like it's that hard if you know what to do) or know someone who can.

Also, unless you know what you're doing, you're likely to go crazy - if you should actually encounter a demon, that is. Most likely you'll just be stuck with superstitious cash cows asking you to bless their homes or sell them "energetic" gemstones.

So all in all, I wouldn't recommend you to try and earn money as a demon hunter unless you have a lot of criminal energy and are ready to either take the miniscule risk of encountering actual demons or have the skill to avoid the real cases and only work for hallucinating edgelords.
>>
>>19580929
Also, a lot of the religious people will just choose to go for an "exorcism" performed by a member of their church

All in all, I say no harm no foul if you can give people peace of mind and you don't actively hurt anyone--which is more than what could be said about some exorcisms done by laypeople
>>
>>19580900
not him, but here's my piece of advice:

the real stuff has no rules. usually though, it devolves into either a battle of minds (demon trying to take control of your body to get you to kill yourself, you trying to keep him out), psych warfare (demon showing himself every now and then to frighten you - spiders crawling on the walls, mirror images distorting etc) or outright physical violence.

As for the "real" stuff, you can probably fake part of it. obviously, you can't fake being thrown around, choked or having stuff fly at you without lots of preparation, but turning around suddenly, insisting that you saw something or making your arm twitch towards your throat or speaking in tongues isn't that hard. Just claim that since you're sensitive to spirits you're also more vulnerable to them, don't overdo it though. One or two "attacks" should be enough.
Afterwards, do whatever "purification" your client is most likely to believe in - sprinkling holy water, reciting psalms, putting gems at the cardinal directions,carving sigils or runes etc - it doesn't have to work, it just has to look like it does.

Most of us can do both real and fake hunts, since there's far more demand for hunting imaginar demons then for the real thing - and the faked hunts still get you money and contacts.
>>
>>19580951
So if I ever encountered a real demon my only weapon would be strong willpower? Does the religious stuff like holy water and runes actual work or is that just for show?
>>
>>19580968
It's not just for show--they have intent behind them

You would get the same effect, though, if you put that intent into Gatorade
>>
>>19581025
Interesting. Holy Gatorade doesn't sound very professional though. Unless it's all you got to work with
>>
>>19580968
Intent is the only thing that works. The tools, vajras, kilas, malas, amulets, purified water, crosses, runes, sigils are only for your own benefit to aid visualisation and concentration.
>>
You stupid faggot, exorcise your own demons first then talk.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.