[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>giants can't exist >HUR DURR ITS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 30

>giants can't exist
>HUR DURR ITS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE CAUSE NO CREATURE CAN BE THAT BIG
>DUDE DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH FOOD A GIANT WOULD REQUIRE TO SUSTAIN ITS BODY?
>A GIANTS LUNGES ARE NOT SUFFICENT ENOUGH TO BREATH
>A GIANTS HEART CAN'T PUMP ALL THAT BLOOD TO ALL LIMBS

*TIPS FEDORA*

Lol dinosaurs are 100% legit and have been proven to exist
XD, titanosaur are 100% plausable, but the bible is fake
>>
>>19579282
the bible is fake how
>>
Wheres the skeletons then?
>>
>>19579312
Porcupines ate them
>>
>>19579312
Hidden in the Smithsonian museum.
>>
>>19579312
Good goyim
>>
Convince me dinosaurs are real
>>
>>19579282
Well, all the giant humans end up dead at a young age. Also, the images of giants that emerged recently, were designed to inspire faith. Released by Christian organizations. It inspires me not to listen. Honestly.
>>
>>19579342
You see, they mention giants in the Bible. And the church knows a good selling point when they see it.
>>
>>19579282
Giants used to exist in east Asia, sadly they've been gone for thousands and thousands of years.
>>
Higher oxygen levels.

/thread
>>
>>19579377
The image doesnt look that good, but fuck it they were called Gigantopithecus, basically they were giant monkeys that walked in a bipedal manner.
They were the legitimal rulers of the jungle
>>
>>19579282
dinosaurs are the fakest shit ever
>>
File: fakedino.jpg (52KB, 370x450px) Image search: [Google]
fakedino.jpg
52KB, 370x450px
>>19579484
>>19579282

This
>>
>>19579312
Let me explain something to you, let's say a special apple exists that can make anyone immortal. If I take the apple and hide it, and no one ever tells anyone else about it, you will have no evidence in your whole life, but it will still exist.

Do you understand how logical reasoning works now?
>>
So your logic is that the existence of Dinosaurs confirms the existence of biblical giants? Not imply the possibility of, but CONFIRMS, am I right?
All of that woven tightly together with a thick veil of strawmanning. Poetic.
>>
>>19579499

Excalibur, the magic sword that has enough power to grant the ability to defeat armies to anyone who wields it, actually exists and has the exact proprerties of its legend, except that the British government is hiding it from the public. It's a fact and it cannot be discuted because I fucking know.

You're right! I love this logical reasoning thing!
>>
>>19579499
>Do you understand how logical reasoning works now?
>logical reasoning
>"Prove that the flying teapot doesn't exist!"
I'm not sure you understand it.
>>
File: geological_oxygen.png (40KB, 1199x585px) Image search: [Google]
geological_oxygen.png
40KB, 1199x585px
>>19579381
^THIS^
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Oxygenation_Event

65 million years ago the oxygen levels were at 38%, while today they are at 20%. Additionally there was more CO2, the atmosphere was much warmer, much wetter, and much denser (from all the water). The whole planet was basically a giant wet tropical rain forest, with nearly endless plant matter available.

With that much oxygen and increased air pressure larger animals could get oxygen through their (wet) skin. Also insect's brachial lungs could allow much bigger insect sizes. And the increased atmosphere thickness allowed much bigger flying animals like Pterodactyls and giant Dragonflies.

Everyone thinks that a retarded asteroid killed the dinosaurs, but it's was really the massive drop in oxygen levels that made them all evolutionarily fail like and asthmatic kid in gym class.

/thread
>>
>>19579499
I refuse to believe that somebody exists who would say something this stupid and believe they're being intelligent.
>>
>>19579626
Devout Christians have trouble understanding that logic doesn't apply to the world unless you use logic to make sure your logic applies to the world.

As opposed to applying solely to your imagination.
>>
>>19579282
ayy *tips fedora* lmao
>>
File: Air_sacs_3.png (88KB, 619x502px) Image search: [Google]
Air_sacs_3.png
88KB, 619x502px
>>19579566
You seem to forget, many dinosaurs had the avian breathing system. It's a lot more efficient at extracting oxygen from the air than mammalian or reptilian lungs.
>>
>>19579670
This actually supports the Oxygenation Event theory because such breathing system would be enough to survive the decrease in oxygen levels.
Guess, which dinosaurs were the only ones to survive the extinction?
That's right! Birds!
>>
>>19579728
Yeah, but other theropods and sauropods had the same breathing system. If oxygen is the issue, why aren't they still around?
>>
>>19579760
Mass affects energy expenditure,
Energy expenditure affects nutritional requirements.
Man destroys God,
Man creates Dinosaurs.
>>
>>19579282
The fact that people actually believe that dinosaurs didnt exist is fucking baffling, anyone who disbelieves in dinousaurs is a fucking retard
>>
>>19579760

if oxygen levels drop it maybe is not enough for the big ones to survive. More mass = more oxygen needed
The only question left is what happened to the small dinosaurs?
>>
>>19579381
>>19579566
>>19579670
>>19579728
So what explains the gravity problem of them not falling over or being crushed by their own weight?
>>
>>19579875
A major factor that gave birds an edge is that, with their pointed beaks, they were able to consume one of the only available food sources after the cataclysm: seeds. Dinosaurs who lacked this adaptation probably struggled to get food, and starved off. That's just one factor though.
>>
>>19580008
Truly giant dinosaurs were surprisingly light for their size. They were full of air sacs, even in their vertebrae. Dinosaurs as a groups were also endowed with a body plan that was easy to scale around as necessary, with little change needed to make the body suit such large sizes.
>>
>>19579499
Ah, but does it really exist? After all, I could tell you about this invisible pink unicorn that I have. Now why would you believe me? Why should I believe you? Now what if I tell you there's an invisible force that makes us fall down on the ground? Why would you believe me?
>>
>>19579499

do you?
>>
File: say_what_eh.jpg (200KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
say_what_eh.jpg
200KB, 1280x720px
>>19579760
I think the earth getting colder might have had something to do with this. The asteroid probably kicked this off, but in the last 65 million years there have been thousands of ice ages. In the last Million years alone there have been at least 5 and up to 30 depending on how you count. Large animals that were probably only half warm blooded (like monotremes) would not do well in a cold climate. They would be confined to a very small area near the equator (again and again).

Additionally, even if warm there wouldn't be the rainfall making massive tropical forests everywhere, so no (abundant) food to eat. Notice that the animals that survived this era (without changing) are things like Alligators, Crocodiles, Turtles, and (small) Lizards.

>>19579875
>The only question left is what happened to the small dinosaurs?
Dinosaurs (even the small ones) were optimized for a world that didn't exist anymore. They evolved into other animals (like birds) or they died out.
>>
How giant are we talking? 50ft, maybe not, but 8ft is reasonable. there are people in recorded history who grew that tall.
>>
>>19579282
BODY STRUCTURE. A dinosaur or elephant can only be this big because they had a body structure to handle all the weight. The human body plan starts crapping out at 8 feet. Things like heart problems and severe joint problems can occur from tall stature.
>>
>>19579282
>A GIANTS LUNGES
>>
>>19579282
They would be so big that they would be useless.
They would be heavy, require lots of food, would not move much because the blood would not easily get on the head.
Evolution would just end them all.
>>
>>19579282

Everything is fake. None of this matters. We're just a bunch of tetrahedrons bouncing around mindlessly.
>>
>>19579282
The "giants" in the bible and book of enoch are just grownups.

Children are actually men, and we, grownups, are dying versions of children who's "keep growing" switch never got turned off after puberty, because the mind is far beyond assfucked by that point and releases the wrong chemicals which begins the death process.

Not 100% fixable without a creation reset.
>>
File: balls.jpg (13KB, 483x205px) Image search: [Google]
balls.jpg
13KB, 483x205px
>>19580879
Actually, everything is made of magnetic balls.
Even the magnetic balls are made of smaller magnetic balls.

Somewhere way down deep beyond detection, EVERYTHING is recorded in the behavior of the magnetic balls.

Hardon collider will find the next level of balls and evidence of yet another layer of fucking balls.

Every now and then you get the pleasure of watching them make a cloud, spiral or human.
>>
>>19580879
Shut up jim
>>
>>19580916
Electrons don't orbit the nucleus in the same way as planets orbit the sun. Also what the hell is a "magnetic ball"? Magnetism is a phenomenon resulting from the movement of electrical charges.
>>
File: 1.jpg.cf.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg.cf.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
The truth is out there.
>>
>>19581119
6'2
5'11
5'8
>>
>>19581141
Are those the heights of the men you have slept with?
>>
>>19581162
I am NOT gay, OK?
>>
>>19581177
Good. Because it's a mental illness.
>>
>>19579499
What the hell is this mental gymnastic? Fucking end yourself, retard
>>
>>19579499
So are you saying someone is hiding all the giant skeletons? Was there only a few of them or what?
>>
>>19579532
>>19579536
>>19579626
>>19580247
>>19580293
>>19581236
>>19581244
I'm saying that if you can't prove that something doesn't exist, can't anything truly be possible?

By nature of logic, anything can be possible even if you can't conceive it.

Anyone who believes in only what they see is a fool.
>>
ooga booga i have a long neck imma gobble these elephants
>>
>>19581294
your "logic" is shit

real logic accepts that the universe functions on physics and chemistry and
all observations in this world find those rules to be constant

the inability to prove a negative does not assume a positive. it's simply a limitation in the system humans use to create proof. the failure is in the human brain, not the proof itself
>>
>>19581363
But isn't it unreliable to believe that what you are told is the truth? And everything you can conceive is all that there is?
>>
>muh fossil record

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhyQ5z5f-m8
>>
>>19579499
>Someone has managed to gather every single giant skeleton from around the world and hide them
>>
>>19581452
>You are a relative of chimpanzees standing on a rock in space that spins around itself while spinning around a ball of made out of nuclear explosions
>You will live for less than 150 years

Things don't make sense, so what? Stop believing what you are told to believe and think for yourself.
>>
>>19579282
>believing media/news
Bet you believe the Sun gives cancer too, huh?
>>
>>19581294
>Anyone who believes in only what they see is a fool
>Therefore I will make up whatever I want and it is real because no one can disprove it
You're the real fool here.
>>
>>19581487
All I am really trying to say is that you should keep your mind open to the possibility that anyone can be wrong and anything you know as fact doesn't necessarily need to be a fact.
>>
>>19581476
>Stop believing what you are told
>Instead just make up whatever bullshit you want and then claim you are using "logic"
You're an idiot.
>>
>>19581494
No. You're saying
>Giants are real and all remains have been hidden
>You can't prove this didn;t happen therefore it did!!!
>>
>>19579298
>>19579335
Retarded christfags detected. Back to sunday school with you. The priest requires his bjs, boys.
>>
i estimate the amount of land THOROUGHLY SEARCHED for artifacts of this world to be 0.000001%

what is your point goys ? in your line of reasoning, radiation didnt exist until it was discovered
>>
>>19579282
The only paranormal shit here is (You)
>>
>>19581294
Your logic is a little bit frail.

So, let's accept that something exists but we can't see it. That's fine by me, there are plenty of things in this world that I haven't seen, but that I know exist because of testimony from reliable sources. So tell me then, what kind of sources are claiming that giants existed? Where is the peer-reviewed research that you believe proves the notion that giant humans once roamed the Earth?
>>
>>19581533
so if you lived in the middle ages, you would believe your rapist village priest was appointed directly by god, since the church was seen as about the most credible source there was back then
>>
>>19579282
How the fuck does /x/ fall for such obvious bait.

Dinosaurs are real and you're autistic as fuck, as is all the people who replied to this because you used 'xD' to make people who believe in dinosaurs, as in reasonable people, look retarded and cringey.
>>
>>19579381
Came to post this, not disapppointed.
That is why millions of years ago we had giant bugs. They have a bad system to make the oxygen travel to their organs, higher oxygen made them bigger but now they are small because the atmosphere is lower with O.
>>
>>19581548
People in the middle ages believed in much crazier shit than that because their concept of reasoning was much different than ours. Also, the church only counts as one source, and the fact that you don't know what "peer-reviewed" means suggests to me that we shouldn't even be having this discussion.
>>
>>19581618
oh yeah

so what if this world was dystopian and there was an agenda on which information is allowed to be published ?
you do know the very people telling you something are the ones that made the guidelines on what is true
>>
>>19580420
/thread
>>
>>19581119
has the guy in the middle the record for having the most average height on earth?
>>
>>19581627
Not him but what's with you? Why are you trying to make absurd situations instead of simply answering his questions?
>>
>>19581627
?

The world has been dystopian in such a way, and such agendas have existed in the past. Science and logic are what pulled us out of that rut. I don't see how this helps you make a case for giants having once lived.

As for "guidelines on what is true," there are none. Truth is not dependent on any factors, it simply exists.
>>
>>19581681
i give up

your a good goy, sleep well pupper
>>
>>19581718
>i give up
You never tried, you just dodged all of my questions.
>>
>>19581734
you asked one question, where is your peer reviewed evidence, but you are too dense to understand that something getting peer reviewed by some charlatan doesnt proove anything, thats what i was trying to tell you, your understanding of truth is flawed. You think that if enough "trustworthy" guys agree it is a definitife truth. What if most people are wrong ?
>>
>>19581811
all your stupid peer reviews do is say

"Most people agree this is the truth"

just like in democracy, there is no reason at all that the majority of people are right
>>
>>19579566
Would not the increased oxygen level make the world really prone to more fires, bigger fires and more intense fires?
>>
>>19581811
>These people have studied this thing for years
>People in the same field have reviewed their work and found no flaws or errors
>HURRR HEY ARE WRONG
Being open minded is fine, but going against all evidence and research just because "hurr science might be wrong" is fucking retarded.
>>
>>19579282
Those things aren't "cant" as you say, but are true, the bigger the organism the less efficient it is in every way: breeding, nutrition and water, strength, speed... etc

If giants were a thing I'd expect more skeletons, like enough that "they" couldn't cover up every single one
>>
>>19580916
im loosing me marbels!
>>
>>19581879
Ignorance and arrogance go hand in hand. We're talking about professional traditions that go back hundreds to thousands of years, conversations through history among people who have devoted their lives to their fields. Conversations that one can join in at least some capacity via a bit of study.

Then there's complete asses like OP who barge in on all of this ranting about giants and the bible.
>>
>>19579282
>>19580008
that's not a giant, Giants are humanoid

Humanoids aren't biomechanically feasable at large scales, because 2 legs isn't enough to support an
upright body. Their voices wouldn't be comprehendable, as it would range from too low frequency to
hear to low warbling. Their reaction times would be slower, their thinking would be slower, because
their neurons would have to send signals further. They would have to breathe rather fast, because the
lungs would struggle at this size at this time.

In Sauropods, There was actually a brain-like nerve cluster in the pelvis area to act as a relay for
signals, because the brain in the head couldn't send signals that far. They had 4 column-like legs, and
a tail to keep them balanced. Their lungs were sufficient enough to breath because the oxygen levels
were 50-100% higher at the time. The Giant's heart thing is bullshit, we have these things called
Whales, they're breddy big-hearted

>>19579499
that is the single most retarded thing i have ever heard in my life

>>19579670
>>19579760
you seem to forget, we're talking about Sauropods, not theropods. Sauropods didn't necessarily have the same breathing system as Theropods
>>
>>19579335
>be that retard
>>
>>19581141
Kek
>>
>>19581950
>conversations that go back hundreds of thousands of years
>Current Year: 2016
>Darwin's Origin of Species: 1859

STFU science isn't infallible, and it has only reached modernity within the past ~200 years.
>>
File: 1502681955786.jpg (7KB, 215x250px) Image search: [Google]
1502681955786.jpg
7KB, 215x250px
>>19579282
>>19580368
>>19580420
So can we agree on a humanoid of this "plausible" size and stature >>19579377

A stocky, three metre high humanoid seems a likely giant or nephilim to me
>>
>>19582062
Then that is nothing amazing. It's just a really tall person who might have a pituitary tumor.
>>
>>19581811
>>19581819
If someone tells me that I'd been lied to by a trained professional, then I expect that person to show me some evidence. That's the only point I was trying to make.
>>
>>19580916
>Hardon collider
>>
>>19582173
what if hes trained in bullshit ? once again you assume (((((modern interpretations aka science))))) are some kind of elevated thing

a medieval doctor pulling blood out of a deathly ill granny is a "trained professional" with thousands of books to back him up. if x were a thing back then you would have said exactly the same
>>
>>19582205
>what if hes trained in bullshit ?
Then he's trained in bullshit, and even then, that doesn't make your opinion correct just because you question his expertise.

Also, I'm not sure what you're trying to say about medieval doctors, as some of their practices actually saved lives.
>>
>>19581811
Only wankers need someone else to agree with them
>>
>>19580008
Big milk
>>
>>19581141
lost
>>
>dinossaurs lived MILLIONS of years ago
>The earth couldn't have been smaller with less mass/gravity MILLIONS of years ago
>all the continents fit together on all sides, the ocean floor looks stretched
>but oh no MILLIONS of years aren't enough to have our planet expand and increase in gravity strength, no, that's impossible I know because I've seen YouTube videos about science
>>
physics and logic is not the answer. the scope of their understanding is probably 0.000000000000000000001 of available info. Do you think they kept "peer reviewed" crap back in the day? the only thing physics knows is things are infinitely huge and infinitely small. IMO its Gods way of putting nerds in their place.
>>
>>19581507
>Catholics
>>
File: 1502504339175.gif (366KB, 255x232px) Image search: [Google]
1502504339175.gif
366KB, 255x232px
>comparing dinosaurs with a big human
>>
>>19583266
I give you an honorable (You) for your creativity
>>
>>19581845
but if it's wet all the time it balances out
>>
>>19579282
Not that crazy to think about. Elephants aren't even that big.
>>
>>19583316
>expanding earth
>creativity
Dude that has been around for centuries, it's not even a conspiracy anymore, just a fact.
>>
>>19582015
Sauropods probably had the avian-style breathing system, but I don't think they have any evidence for it yet. It's just what works well for them specifically.
>>
File: beefy_boys.jpg (545KB, 2836x1832px) Image search: [Google]
beefy_boys.jpg
545KB, 2836x1832px
>>19582015
Also, the idea that sauropods had a secondary nerve cluster to aid in control is an old myth, same goes for Stegosaurus. Sauropods (and other dinosaurs by extension) probably just had higher neuron density relative to size than mammals to accommodate their more compact braincases.
>>
>>19583884
True. Neuron adaptations much simpler and quicker than changing the size of the braincase.
>>
>>19579566
This. Well played sir. Also: dubz.
/thread
>>
>>19582015
You realize neural impulses travel at the speed of light, don't you? It doesn't matter if the body is 6 feet high or 20, your thoughts won't be perceivably slower in any way.
>>
>>19581294
yup, this moron doesn't know where the skeleton is.
>>
>>19581141
lmfao
>>
File: scaling.jpg (32KB, 503x335px) Image search: [Google]
scaling.jpg
32KB, 503x335px
Dinosaurs that size could exist in the time they did for a number of reasons. Mainly their skeletal structure being made to support their size, and the fact that there was more oxygen in the atmosphere which could facilitate such growth in living organisms. The reason dinosaurs could be so big is because their skeletons were scaled and structured properly to support such mass. Even if we scaled a human up by 10 times that would increase surface area by 100 times, volume by 1000, and weight by 1000 times as well. As for our skeletons, the strength of bones depends on unit cross sectional area. Which is why we have thicker bone in the lower limbs than in the upper, since they have to support more of the weight of the body. They would increase a 100 times in area while the load they have to support increases by a 1000 in our case. So unless they become 10 times stronger by a change in internal structure, they would fail. This problem was actually noted long ago by Galileo himself.

Pic related: Drawing Galileo did to show how a "Human" bone would have to look at giant size to remain functional.
>>
>>19579566
Sounds uncomfortable as fuck.
>>
>>19580916
>he thinks free quarks generate a magnetic field
>>
>>19583956
lolwut
>>
>>19579282
Baiting harder than a virgin fisherman. Old Earth had a higher oxygen percentage, allowing for gigantopithecus (my personal idea of the origin of the Giant Myth) and other larger than life species of current fame.

We believe in races of giants because of historical precedents/a lack of context when our ancestors found old skeletons and humans with disorders. Think of David and Goliath: One unhealthy but larger than average dude seemed hella imposing but was actually likely half-blind and easily murdered by a tiny kid who could use a deadly weapon - ranged projectiles
>>
>>19579282
ya know millions of years ago there was so much more oxygen in the air that it allowed for larger creatures to exist.. this is no longer the case.
Giants are probably the stupidest bullshit on this board. Please start rambling about reptilians or some other stupid bullshit instead.
>>
>>19583266
you may ahve got dubs with this post but you certainly didnt deserve them.
Is this really how you think plate tectonics work?
>>
File: pygmies.jpg (192KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
pygmies.jpg
192KB, 900x599px
>>
File: 1502974500216.png (501KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502974500216.png
501KB, 640x480px
>>19581141
Reminds me of this.
>>
File: 1503246400202.gif (528KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1503246400202.gif
528KB, 480x270px
>>19579282
>>19579499
>>
>>19579670
Birds are so efficient at extracting oxygen because they fly. Dinosaur didn't fly (Well, most of THE big ones)
>>
>>19579282
everyone knows that god put dinosaur skellingtons here to test our faith.
>>
>>19580008
Look at their bones. T H H H H I C C C C C AS YOUR MOM'S DILDO
Plus bone structure was different, do some research.
>>
>>19579282
Its anatomy. A giant may exist but it may not look like a human.
>>
>>19581718
>Use inherently wrong reasoning
>Don't use any reliable sources
>In fact reject the idea of relying on sources at all
>Fail to explain why your wrong reasoning should work
>Call opponent some jewish word and show everyone how d̶u̶m̶b̶ woke you are.

Quality arguing right there
>>
>>19581718
>>19585554
Destroyed
>>
File: IMG_2747.gif (612KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2747.gif
612KB, 333x250px
Looks real to me
>>
File: rolling-eyes.gif (281KB, 400x211px) Image search: [Google]
rolling-eyes.gif
281KB, 400x211px
>>19579282
>hur durr
>still don't have evidence of giants
>no bones
>only the bible
>and we all know how that stupid shit worked out
>>
>>19581819
You're missing the point of peer review.
Peer review isn't simply a bunch of dudes agreeing with each other, it's bunch of dudes/dudettes looking at data released by another dude/dudette, running the experiments, devising some of their own, and generally trying to figure out if the DATA is in accordance with reality. Assuming the hypothesis continues to make testable predictions that pan out, and is falsifiable, and best explains all available data, then we TENTATIVELY accept it as the best explanation. It's not just "a bunch of dudes agreeing".
As for whats possible, lets take giants as an example. Lets say that it's possible for giants to exist. Okay. Lets also say it's equally possible for giants NOT to exist. Now, they can't be both at the same time, they have to be one or the other. So one possibility is wrong, the other is right. How do we determine which one is most likely?
>>
File: IMG_2748.gif (609KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2748.gif
609KB, 333x250px
>>19585760
>>
>>19581294
>I'm saying that if you can't prove that something doesn't exist, can't anything truly be possible?
If you can't prove that something doesn't exist, it doesn't just start to exist magically, you also have to prove it exists, until then it's in superposition of existing and not-existing at the ssame time. Jesus, /x/ is filled with the dumbest people on the whole 4chan.
>>
Explain the square cube law buddy
>>
>>19585798
>Now, they can't be both at the same time, they have to be one or the other.

That's very unscientific of you. A man named Schrödinger might have some words for you.
>>
>>19581845
No
>>19583349
Your reasoning is incorrect. Oxygen is combustible at certain concentrations. Too much or too little and no fire. The wet has nothing to do with it.
>>
File: IMG_2754.gif (638KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2754.gif
638KB, 333x250px
>>19586009
>>
File: Pyramid.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pyramid.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>>19579282

Dinosaurs died out from starvation due to getting bigger and bigger.

[Archives of KB threads where this & many other topics have been talked about: http://archive.4plebs.org/_/search/boards/pol.x/subject/Knowledge%20Bomb/username/anonymous5/tripcode/%21%219O2tecpDHQ6/ ]

Before dinosaurs were around, Giant Creatures existed on Earth. Remains of them can be found buried on all continents.
>>
>>19586904
Fuk off Frink
>>
>>19579282
dinosaurs existed when the earths atmosphere was denser and had more oxygen. as long as humans have existed there has only been about 25% oxygen in the atmosphere at best. currently we have about 20%. that change was over the last 20 years

the atmospheric density is known to be thinning. solar wind + time. so you can work backwards to figure out how much denser the atmosphere was its not up for debate

oxygen levels are a 3 part assessment but i will just mention 1 part for the sake of keeping this short. o3 is naturally produced by electrical activity in the air. o3 is ozone. the ozone layer is the first part to be scrapped away by the solar wind. its why we have so much nitrogen in the atmosphere still and more o3 is made every day . its not some hippie faggotry where the ozone layer isnt replinishable. o3's average rate of production yearly + rate of solar wind reducing the atmosphere over time. not debatable

oh what the hell the post is larger than any one here will read part 2 of the 3 part oxygen level assessment. any oxide of any sort is partially oxygen. over time minerals that formed without the presence of oxygen erode and expose more surface area to oxygen which in some cases oxidizes. this also includes deposits of metals and various elements in general which hadnt touched oxygen since the formation of the earth and were locked away only to be exposed over time. oxides deplete atmospheric oxygen by simply existing. this part is more fuzzy math than the other 2. you need to factor on erosion but you can also just look at the sheer amount of oxides present like silicon dioxide aka sand and accept this shits a big problem

without enough oxygen giants arent plausible. whales actually have stores of oxygen in their muscles they form to compensate for such shit tier air
>>
>>19585506
No, the avian breathing system evolved before birds themselves. Don't be a stupid.
>>
>>19586523
Schrodinger brought up the cat to show how ridiculous the copenhagen interpretation of quantum superposition was, nutsack
>>
>>19587296
Then he'd be spinning in his grave if her weren't spinning the other way in his grave.

Turns out it makes perfect sense on a philosophical level.
>>
>>19586904
Are they still birds?
>>
Wasn't it due to there being a higher percentage of oxygen in the air at the time?

I feel like I read that somewhere.
>>
>>19586904
>Remains of them can be found buried on all continents.
And yet there is 0 evidence for these remains anywhere on the planet.
>>
>>19579282
a bunch of 6ft+ Scythians would've looked like giants compared to the middle eastern manlets that existed at the time where their average height was about 5'2".
>>
>>19587713
>guy literally describes the plot to the legendary godzilla fanchise
>idiots think he's being serious
>>
File: IMG_2753.gif (925KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2753.gif
925KB, 500x347px
>>19586903
I feel like I've seen this one before...
>>
>>19586903
>>19587926
It's uncanny...
>>
>>19587926
THICC.
>>
>>19588667
Now if THAT could be giant...
>>
>>19581141
Hah!
>>
>>19579377
reminds me of this dude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJWUxk1yBX4
>>
>>19587743
It's hard to know on /x/. People literally think there are remains of giants scattered all over the earth, but at the same time they believe that a 170 year old institution (the smithsonian) has somehow managed to gather and hide every single piece of evidence for giants, from every single country on earth.
>>
>>19587296
I'm sorry that you have to talk to stupid people on the internet that can't see the flaw in their reasoning.
>>
File: flat earth2.jpg (76KB, 960x927px) Image search: [Google]
flat earth2.jpg
76KB, 960x927px
>>19579282
They exist still to this day beyond the outer ring, the Nephilim are not welcome into Atlantis
>>
File: image.png (121KB, 440x955px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
121KB, 440x955px
The statues in ancient Egypt were built real size. That's why in the movie Gods of Egypt the gods and goddesses were larger than mortals. What the movie doesn't tell you is that the gods created those mortals from their own genetics. Thus every one today is a descendant from the Egyptian creators.

Osiris was a reptilian, that's why his skin was green (pretty sure Ptah was too.) RA is what we would call a carian/avian being (bird person).
>>
File: 1498859244372.jpg (191KB, 1024x742px) Image search: [Google]
1498859244372.jpg
191KB, 1024x742px
>>19579566
Mister, you`re full of shit.
First, great oxigenation was before multicellular life was born.
Then, according to a quick google, super-high oxygen levels and giant insects were also before dinos, in carboniferous. Mesosoic oxygen levels can actually be lower, than today.
And reptile skin, unlike amphibian, prevents breathing.
>>
>>19579282
>there is enough physical evidence to prove dinosaurs existed
>there is no evidence to prove that the retared claims made in the bible are true
WHOA DUDE, WHY ARE PEOPLE TREATING THESE TWO ISSUES DIFFERENTLY ?
>>
>>19579499
This is why I lurk /x/
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 960x720px
I was just coming on to make a post asking why dinosaurs only invented in 1824 or whatever seems late, hard to believe nobody else at all found and figured out dinosaurs before europeans, considering the amount of land excavation done all over the earth for so many thousands years in supposedly in between

Also why did the guy have to be such a tranny shit fetish edge lord? pic related
>>
>>19595133
just think of all the fossils that got destroyed
>>
>>19595160
ancient people lost their shit over animals and weird things in general, certainly knew a lot about what bones looked like and were probably conceptually comfortable with fossilization to the extent they understood body decay and mummification/embalming in general.

are there really not one earlier account tht speaks of dinosaurs in the manner we know them today than in the hypotheses of 19th century british scientist contemporaries of darwin? isn't it just a bit clear that this supplanted the medieval fantasy myth regarding dragons?
>>
>>19579282
imagine being this fucking stupid.
>>
>>19579514
I'm glad there's a few sane people here at least. Hiding thread
>>
>>19590552
Its all big conspiracy to protect their ape theory
>>
>>19596161
>Hey guys we have this theory about evolution, lets just stick to this no matter what new evidence there is, lol!
I don't think you understand how science works

Not to mention that theory isn't really THAT old. So you're saying all evidence for giants magically vanished to support a theory that's fairly recent?

Just consider that for a moment. A single group is capable of collecting every single piece of giant remains, from around the world, in a few hundred years. That's bones in private collections, museums, ones we haven't even discovered yet etc. A conspiracy of that magnitude is literally impossible.
>>
>>19583956
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerve_conduction_velocity
>>
>>19579318
underrated
>>
File: 81FPoO+ZrgL._SL1500_.jpg (99KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
81FPoO+ZrgL._SL1500_.jpg
99KB, 1500x1000px
>>19579282
What I don't get is how people use the physiology of the "small" version of something as PROOF that a giant version couldn't exist.

Giant jungle spiders for example. I've read people saying they couldn't exist because of how spiders' exoskeletons and the fluids inside work. They couldn't hold up against gravity at that size.

Well maybe the giant ones are structured differently to be able to survive at that size! Maybe instead of their exoskeleton being completely hollow they evolved to have a chitinous latticework inside as well, allowing fluid transfer and movement, not adding too much weight but adding the rigidity necessary to support the creature's weight. I'm not saying that's how it would really be, but it's something that takes minimal imagination. A 4-foot-wide spider wouldn't just be a banana spider scaled up in photoshop.

>a giant can't exist because normal human heart can't sustain that size

MAYBE THEY DON'T HAVE A NORMAL HUMAN HEART. If a creature evolved to be a certain size, then by necessity it evolved ways to support that size. Holy hell.
>>
File: FlatwoodsCreeture.jpg (76KB, 450x608px) Image search: [Google]
FlatwoodsCreeture.jpg
76KB, 450x608px
>>19579282
>Lunges
>>
File: zg83t5o.jpg (8KB, 297x170px) Image search: [Google]
zg83t5o.jpg
8KB, 297x170px
>>19579651
ayy *soul leaves body* lmao
>>
>>19579282
Within a human bauplan.
>>
>>19579312
>>19579298
>>19579282

These were the first 3 posts in the last thread too. Come on, step your game up.
>>
>>19579325
DELET THIS BEFORE ANYONE READS IT
LEAVE YOUR HOUSE AND BURN YOUR COMPUTER
>>
Human once be 10-16 feet tall

Way long ago tales of man who were 30 feet tall!!!
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.