[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna get your opinion theologically on something that happened

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1503680051329.gif (885KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1503680051329.gif
885KB, 480x270px
I wanna get your opinion theologically on something that happened to me earlier while high. I'm sorry about how cancerous this post is. But I'm super freaked out thinking I'm damned to hell. so here's what happened to me
>be me
>former christian atheist
>used to struggle a lot with doubt about my faith and fear of going to hell
>eventually go through a month long agnostic fad before settling on atheism
>smoke a bowl in a bong with a friend
>not even that high
>start thinking about the future of how the future would be bad, then thinking that this was not just my own thoughts, but a prophecy of events to come.
>then I feel a growing warmth from the after taste of the bong in my dry throat
>think this is God, refer to Him as Elohim because of the name of yhvh which expresses that he is the god of gods, and the center of my own personal theory of how monotheism originated, where all gods were reinterpreted as one god, but the given religion to keep plebs in line was that the one god ruled over all other gods, before radicalist priests like akhenaten and the Zadok priesthood in jerusalem tried to enforce it on the populace. this shows how elohim literally gods also has the meaning in the bible of a god of gods
>then i think this whole idea about feeling God is fucking silly, I'm just a fucking retard manipulated by feeling experienced while high
>then I think that this the same as seeing ultimate proof of elohim and rejecting it
>then i feel the warmth go up inside my chest and disapear into another dimension.
>then i felt panic and loneliness thinking that this feeling showed that I was already damned to hell
>then i felt gradually a bunch of teeth biting at thw inside of my throat
tl;tr i think i'm damned to hell and should drink some water
>>
It's a pretty dumb post but you should understand that you were on drugs, right?

God wants your attention and he will get it one way or another but a toasty bong rip accompanied by paranoia is par for the course, Anon.
>>
Don't be a dick, do right by yourself and others, be compassionate. Jesus ain't got a lot of rules, quit getting caught up in the interpretations of a bunch of egotistical shitlords that twisted Dude's message and live a good life. The only ones damned are those who allow themselves to be damned.
>>
so basically, you were just high?
>>
>>19575216
yeah, I should add i was watching All dogs go to Heaven when this happened
>>
>>19575204
You just had a retarded high experience like the degenerate you are. The fact that this is something that "woke" you means you aren't an atheist but just a really low-level theist in denial. You still see God as a monad.

If you were to actually get into some God shit at the level you're at, you'd shit yourself. I would probably shit myself.
>>
>>19575251
I agree that this is most likely the case, but I also see know real reason that it couldn't have been a real experience with the divine. the lingering uncertainty would be the correct punishment for rejecting an absolute truth. I'm not going to be fully at ease until I'm sure this is also an illogical experience to feel with any of the millions of possible Gods that could exist.
>>
>>19575274
*also see no reason why it couldn't be a real experience with the divine
>>
>>19575204
you're not damned to hell until you're dead, kid
>>
>>19575274
If you wanna get into spiritual shit stop worrying too much about gods and absolute truth. You experience it psychologically so it will always be subjective in some way. Attributing everything to god or divine intervention is just special snowflake syndrome. Go in with no expectations and just remain agnostic to everything you experience.
>>
You already signed a contract with god

There is only 1

Turn back to jeshua
>>
>>19575290
Wrong athietard
>>
>>19575295
>You already signed a contract with god
i didn't choose to be circumcised, yhvh, or to be baptised. as far as im concerned i never signed anything
>>
>>19575274
You didn't reject the one Abrahamic God; in the gospels Peter did that three times and became the founder of His Church.

From how you're describing it it seems like this was a manifestation of you lumping every possible deity figure not into a single deity but into a concept, which you then dismissed and felt dread over it after. If you want to be an atheist, think about this rationally. But because you're consulting /x/, are you hoping for some weird mystical shaman to guide you into some ultimate truth? I'm just a dumbass on the internet, my man.

Do you envision Christianity or the supernatural as something you're totally separate from, but if you think that to get back into it would mean automatically jumping off a diving board with your eyes closed?
>>
>>19575310
you didn't choose to be born either yet here you are.
>>
>>19575290
i mostly agree with you but the possibility still concerns me
>>
>>19575300
I am agnostic to the interpretations of phenomena I experience.

>>19575319
Every being, god, spirit, human, or otherwise, is a manifestation of the infinite creator.
>>
>>19575313
>But because you're consulting /x/, are you hoping for some weird mystical shaman to guide you into some ultimate truth
i thought it would be the best place for it, since the topic of the board is related to religion.

>Do you envision Christianity or the supernatural as something you're totally separate from, but if you think that to get back into it would mean automatically jumping off a diving board with your eyes closed?
as far as i understand this, no. this was more related just to the question of the existince ir non-existence of one god. not much action related to that.
>>
>>19575339
Do you want this experience to open you back into the idea that there is?

Do you want to approach it from the metaphysical angle or the angle of someone who was separated from belief trying to come back to it?
>>
>>19575204
You are not actually an atheist deep down, are you friend?
>>
You need Hitler.
>>
File: 1504545474709s.jpg (8KB, 250x196px) Image search: [Google]
1504545474709s.jpg
8KB, 250x196px
>then i think this whole idea about feeling God is fucking silly, I'm just a fucking retard manipulated by feeling experienced while high

This is what makes people believe tho Anon. Felling God is like your soul is on fire, burning with holy faith and love for something greater than yourself. You must humble yourself before God and his blessing will beset upon you.
>>
>>19575424
metaphysical i guess. I've settled back into my mostly materialistic stance so I wouldn't say that I'm trying to go back to belief.
>>19575433
I think I am. I guess the fears just resurfaced from when I did believe. I would have panic attacks over this shit so the weed bringing back the emotions of it wouldn't be too unlikely. I do admit though that I think consciousness i.e. qualia might exists in all matter but consciousness requires a vast connected web of matter, neurons. I admit it sounds pretty pseudo-scientific.
>>19575592
you're not wrong. doesn't really allow me to have any certainty about what caused this feeling. and I'm near absolutely certain that any God that may exist is not the God of christianity. Jesus treats the Torah as the written word of Moses but Moses was most likely just a legendary figure that authorship was attributed to, and the hebrew in the torah is from a later era than moses would have lived. in fact if we take all the numbers for dates literally in the bible Moses lived in the 1400s BC. hebrew didn't exist as a language in the 1400s. this gives me a high degree of certainty Jesus didn't know who wrote the Torah and is therefore not omniscient, which God is supposed to be in Christianity. even if jesus specifically wasn't but was still part of the Godhead it seems like a key piece of information to know when you're going around teaching about the Torah.
>>
>>19575667

>Moses was most likely ... authorship was attributed to, and the hebrew in the torah is from a later era

What is oral tradition? What are translations?

Also don't you think Jesus had more important lessons to impart then arguing uselessly with the highly dogmatic Pharisees about the utterly trival exact process of how the Torah was handed down through the centuries? His point was to lift people to a higher law and nature, show them a better way, to that end he kept his shitposting about their current beliefs to a minimum (although he got in enough for them to want to crucify him).

By the way you have to take what literary/ language scholars say with a HUGE grain of salt as their opinions are not facts, their "science" is a very soft one and many often contradict/ignore available evidence if it doesn't fit the ideology they're following.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.