[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Soo how much of magick is personal assertion of a positive mental

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: IMG-20170908-WA0001.jpg (61KB, 1080x1078px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170908-WA0001.jpg
61KB, 1080x1078px
Soo how much of magick is personal assertion of a positive mental attitude?

The more I read into the various outlooks and reasonings behind it, the more it seems that a lot of magick is just harnessing ones owns strengths for inner change and peace.
>>
Fokin sychronicity, i was thinking about this all the day,actually a lot depeonds on the mind but if it hadnt benn for rituals n shit, my dreams wouldnt have become true...
>>
>>19573194
I would say all of it.
>>
All of it. Anything else is just a side effect of that, and not magic, just parlour tricks.
>>
File: kodode.png (29KB, 270x223px) Image search: [Google]
kodode.png
29KB, 270x223px
>>19573194
It's not just a positive attitude, though.
You could put yourself in a negative headspace on purpose to get results that might spring from said negativity. You and your mindset become the change you want to see around you, anon.
>>
>>19573444
check'd
>>
>>19573194
This does seem to be the majority of it, but people talk a lot about ritualism as if it works.
What I'd like to ask someone like that is what form magick takes?

Some people will say it's daemons and conscious forces, others will say you call upon unknowing forces that are more linked to your will.

I'd love to believe in Magick but I cannot go from psychological to spiritual.
>>
if you're not willing to scream naked in the middle of the night to the heavens, you don't deserve it.
>>
File: dasit.png (35KB, 381x187px) Image search: [Google]
dasit.png
35KB, 381x187px
>>19573528
Keep it psychological, then.
Go read jung and start projecting archetypes.
See the type of work those forces do in real life capacities. Notice the archetypes in the people around you and see in what way each archetype manipulates the rest. You can develop your spiritual muscle with the right instruction.
>>
>>19573553
These are things I'm already implementing to an extent!
My post is more me lamenting that manipulating reality in my own psychology is the only way in which I'll be able to go through with this sort of thing.
I mean, cmon, who doesn't want to be a Wizard?

Just a lament that I'm limited to myself, despite my wishes otherwise.
>>
File: whats good.png (35KB, 256x219px) Image search: [Google]
whats good.png
35KB, 256x219px
>>19573570
Ah, I see.
I used to grapple with that, but it gets easier.
Eventually you accept that's the way you have to do it. We're a different animal than the one that lived 500 years ago, so I think its alright to do it this way, even if it means we don't get wizard hats. After all, science will be indistinguishable from magic eventually.
The singularity will get here eventually.
Probably in our lifetime.
>>
>>19573640
It's not going to stop me from trying though.
A lot of people believe in magical forces, and many of them are a lot smarter than I am. So I am still going to try, consider ritualism and actually see what I can get out of it.

Tried to look for the video where StyxHexenHammer discusses his magical experience and it seems to be so synchronized that it not being magically brought-about could not be real.

Wishful thinking, and I'll still continue
>>
File: nietszche.png (13KB, 681x65px) Image search: [Google]
nietszche.png
13KB, 681x65px
>>19573570
you should drop a throwaway here, i wouldn't mind some like minded correspondence.

Also, you know the reason why it has to be your brain/mind state your manipulating, right? Because we are all just brains interpreting stimuli, and at this point that is common knowledge. And it makes some peoples soul scream but it gives others that freedom that someone pinned down by fear could never gain. You can choose your mindstate to fit your purpose. You aren't locked to a grid imposed on you by a community.
>>
>>19573701
> be me
> be normie af
> do not know what a throwaway is

To elaborate on something I think I should, I remember the video very clearly. Styx was a dedicated anti-theist satanist, who basically followed Lavey's style of mock-ritual and psychological banter. Things went bad in his life after he smoked Salvia, and he dropped into a six month long depression, along with many other side effects. His partner at the time leaves him due to these things, or rather is pulled away by someone.

In a moment of kinda hopelessness, he performs a ritual, pours all of his energy into it and wishes to destroy this person. One hour later the man who had lied and stolen his partner from him goes into hospital, having smoked the same substance that Styx had originally taken that caused his depression.
What would someone make of that? It's too synchronized!

As to your point: Yeah, true liberation requires self-analysis and understanding, which leads to said purposes and mindstates. Understanding oneself like that in an ideal society would be common practice.
>>
>>19573721
All opinion is backed up by many instances of circumstantial evidence both in it favor and against it. Saying stuff like this to me means little, because it is still only heresay. Though I also say, Good Luck to you. I hope you get that wizard hat.
>Understanding oneself like that in an ideal society would be common practice.
But in this society, at this time it would be disastrous.
>>
>>19573194
Positive mental attitude is rather a simple explanation, "magic" involves conscious will, concentration, intent and projection, which in turn activates the law of cause and effect or attraction.

We have the power within ourselves to manifest our reality innately. What gets me though is how many people on /x/ would rather mess with externalizing, or outsourcing, their own internal power to "demons" and extra dimensional entities to do what they can do themselves.

I suppose some people see working with demons and what not easier than working and developing themselves and their reality. I find that the Hermetic Principles of the Universe, or the Universal Laws, truly reflect the nature of our reality and how to manifest within it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.