[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feels wrong to follow a desert religion when my background is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1454729961595.jpg (2MB, 1179x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1454729961595.jpg
2MB, 1179x1600px
Feels wrong to follow a desert religion when my background is wholly Norse, where do I get started? Any books on Norse folk magic?
>>
fuck a deer under a full moon whatever
>>
>>19566281
Who said you need to follow a certain religion to practice witchcraft. Religion only serves to water down valuable information. Start with Hermeticism, kind of explains the rules and has no religious background.
>>
>>19566291
I feel i'd have better response with magic my ancestors would have used.
>>
>>19566297
Eh, I don't think it'd make much of a difference but it is up to you what you practice after all.
Still, before you do any actual magic you should read the Kybalion and learn energy manipulation. One thing you'll learn sooner rather than later is that there's no spell that "doesn't work". It's how you do what you do that matters, and knowing how to get there isn't innate for most people.
Depending on how long you take it'll take about a month tops to read the Kybalion and learn some basic energy manipulation and that's if you really take your time. And you will use both regardless of what magic you end up gravitating towards so it's worth it.

Also do try to stay away from he religious part of the practice at least at first. It's really unneeded in most cases and you should learn to rely on yourself first.
>>
>>19566291
>Who said you need to follow a certain religion to practice witchcraft.
>>19566315
>Also do try to stay away from he religious part of the practice at least at first.

That is about the correct answer. Sure you can implement the story of Asatru or Northern Shamanism but it's entirely up to you.
>>
>>19566287
Based Loki
>>
For pagan topics, you're better off doing your own research. So many people here rabidly protect the gnosticism is the only way meme.
>>
>>19566351
Loki's a tranny faggot.
>>
>>19566315
>Kybalion

That's basically the most useless book on the subject
>>
>>19566701
I just said hermetics originally. That's the one I've read and I thought it was pretty good. If you have any better suggestions by all means.
>>
File: NoN5YTL-1.jpg (566KB, 1422x2000px) Image search: [Google]
NoN5YTL-1.jpg
566KB, 1422x2000px
>>19566281
read Acts 17:22-23.

Paul before the Aeropagus

(22)Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. (23)For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, "TO THE UNKNOWN GOD". Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

follow whatever religion you want, but you cant outrun the supreme being. he and his avatars pervade every belief system.
>>
Bro I just made a thread over this
>>
>>19566509
lolki has 3 kids. hes screwing females. though none of his kids are humanoid so he is a deviant
>>
>>19566281
Go to the highest peak. On a full moon or during a storm. Thor will wait for you in your ancestors home and impart you wisdom. Forge a sword if ancient runes. Learn the ways of the berserker and beast master. Meet him there. Til Vallhalla.
>>
>>19566281
Why determine your spiritual path based on your genetics? That's like determining which football team to root for based on your hair color.
>>
Thats a great reason :/
>>
Nine herbs charm.
>>
>>19568289
This 100%. Spirituality goes far beyond cultures and genetics. Follow your own path my dude.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.