[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So apparently the Voynich manuscript has been finally decode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Voynich manuscript.jpg (186KB, 1050x700px) Image search: [Google]
Voynich manuscript.jpg
186KB, 1050x700px
So apparently the Voynich manuscript has been finally decoded. Pretty fucking boring and underwhelming.
https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/09/the-mysterious-voynich-manuscript-has-finally-been-decoded/
>>
>>19566146
...fuck...
I can't believe it.
>>
It was a Proof of Concept in it's own time, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
so the Antarctica copypasta was right about the manuscript
>>
Not really a translation so much as it's an educated guess. The bits about shorthand Latin have been known fit ages, and the only way we can call it truly translated is by relying on another document to act as a "Rosetta stone".
>>
>>19566170
post that shit

it was a good read
>>
A lot of "magic" or witchy stuff was woman things like cooking or healing or midwifery.
>>
File: 1504730493896.png (390KB, 1320x2652px) Image search: [Google]
1504730493896.png
390KB, 1320x2652px
>>19566188
here u go
>>
The unusual features of the Voynich manuscript text (such as the doubled and tripled words), and the suspicious contents of its illustrations support the idea that the manuscript is a hoax. In other words, if no one is able to extract meaning from the book, then perhaps this is because the document contains no meaningful content in the first place. Various hoax theories have been if you don't reply to this post your mother will get blacked.
>>
Bullshit. There's no way this has been floating around for 100 years and finally some screen writer tells us all its just Latin? Can he even translate it?
>>
>>19566146
take a look at the author of that.
yeah fucking right.

cryptodykes btfo
>>
>>19566311
*cryptokikedykes

imagine my shock
>>
Public release is the surest sign they're covering up something bigger and want people to stop trying to translate it.
>>
>>19566202

>"this is serious!!!"

>"OMG I GOT TRIPS GUYS HOLY SHIT!"

makes me laugh everytime

stupid leafs LARPers
>>
/x/ BTFO
>>
Doesn't the book contain a bunch of images of plants that can't be identified? Or has this been solved already as well?
>>
>they finally decode the mysterious manuscript
>everyone expecting aliums or angels or magic
>it's cunts&runts: abridged latin edition
>mrw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWbwVDgyTuc
>>
>>19566206
Ha my mom is black.
>>
>>19566206
Pity reply
>>
File: 1_You.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1_You.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>19566206
>>
>>19566146
It just goes to show how much hype something unknown but mundane can generate.
>>
File: 1504926410837.jpg (7KB, 249x246px) Image search: [Google]
1504926410837.jpg
7KB, 249x246px
>>19566146
>one of the most fascinating mysteries of the ancient world was a tumblr blogpost about vaginas
top fucking kek
>>
>>19566202
The anti-christ is like the Cuchulain of Irish myth

http://bardmythologies.com/the-death-of-cuchulainn/

the part at the end where he is tied to the stone was added around 800-100AD, when the Bards figured how to unite the Old God, Cu, with the New God, Jesus, now Cu will return and seek vengence/payment for sins against the Natural Law.
>>
>>19566146
>it's been decoded!
>no full translation yet
Sounds like bait desu.
>>
>>19567620
My thoughts exactly.

Why no translation? Or at the very least, tell us what the letters represent so can make our own translations. But of course, he'll hide it so he can write a book where he spoonfeeds his interpretation to his readers.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.