[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does North America seem to be such a creepy place compared

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

Why does North America seem to be such a creepy place compared to Europe?
>skinwalkers
>weird Native American traditions and curses
>cults like the KKK and Skull & Bone
>serial killers
>Americans are prone to nationwide moral panic for reasons I don't understand
I live in Southern France, and I've never been exposed to anything that looked remotely supernatural in my entire life. But I feel that if I ever move to a secluded place in the US, some crazy shit could easily happen to me.
>>
>>19559240
It's funny you say that, because as someone living in North America, I've always thought Europe seemed like a creepier place.
>>
>>19559340
Interesting. What makes you think so?
>>
>>19559240
Maybe it has to do with the fact that for most of its history, the continent was pretty much wilderness. Perhaps the rapid development over the last 200 years awakened supernatural forces?
>>
>>19559446
I think it boils down to Europe having so much more history. In my opinion, nothing in NA comes close to places like the catacombs of Paris.

Though this might just be me speaking out of ignorance, because I've never actually been out of Canada, (or just the fact that I live in Canada, which I think is probably less spooky than USA).
>>
>>19559240
It's because Europe sent all its degenerates and crazies to North America
>>
>>19559240
There were strange mystical natives that knew about all this creepy shit and possibly more but they died too quickly for us to try to understand completely blinded by religion. Kinda like how Europe had pagans until they were slaughtered
>>
>>19559478
Mate, Canada is spooky as shit you if leave the urban areas and go the old ghost towns near abandoned mines or just out in the woods. I live in Nova Scotia and spooky shit happens every once and a while.
>>
>>19559464
>wilderness
Speaking of which, longhunters seem to have developed some kind of weird culture from continued exposure to what used to be Native American land. I remember reading a greentext story about it here, something about using drugs to "feel the land".
>>19559478
You're right. We're probably both suffering from cases of fearing the unknown. I'd never set foot inside the catacombs of Paris, but being so close to their history makes them a lot less impressive.
>>
>>19559514
I grew up in rural Alberta. I've seen some spooky stuff, but nothing too spectacular. There's an old mining town in Alberta I've been to called Nordegg. That place was pretty spooky.
>>
>>19559240

It's because this continent is cursed, and not because the white man slaughtered everything in his path. Great evil lived here before we showed, if you want a glimpse, look at the bloody gods of the Aztecs...
>>
>>19559535
The most spooky thing that happened to me was when I was living in Coe Hill, Ontario (before I moved to Nova Scotia) and I'm walking down the town to get gas for my generator (living in an off-grid house, stupid idea by the way), and I can hear something following me in the woods by the road. This thing followed me to the outskirts of the town, and then when I walking back home, it started all over again. Probably a rouge black bear, but god damn I was spooked. Weird thing though, this was in the middle of winter, and yet I didn't see anything moving through the woods when I kept looking back. Also with the discussion of the catacombs of Paris, that's a big fat nope. Fuck that place.
>>
>>19559565
http://www.catacombes.paris.fr/en/homepage-catacombs-official-website
They can't be that spooky if you can pay to visit them, right?
>>
>>19559534
OHIO
H
I
O
>>
>>19559240
Did France ship loupe garous to Louisiana or were they here already?
>>
>>19559576
>They can't be that spooky if you can pay to visit them, right?
You made me laugh anon. You do know that they don't show you everything, and there's places in those catacombs where the skulls are so thick they plug tunnels. I remember seeing some silly YTV show (I think the Scariest Places On Earth or some shit like that) as a kid which showed those catacombs. I still remember the mountain of skulls that blocked off one tunnel, and the people moving the skulls and you could see the video camera's footage get fucked up and the flashlights flickering. Probably just to make it spookier, but I don't think they did it on purpose. I think something evil is down in those damn tunnels.
>>
>>19559565
Spookiest thing that happened to me was probably when I was a teen hanging out with some friends at an abandoned farm house that was supposed to be haunted.
The house itself was small, only 3 or 4 rooms in all, and we had been wandering around it for a while waiting for a ghost or something to show up. Nothing really happened while we were in the house, but as we were leaving, something threw a rock about the size of a softball at me from the direction of the house.
We were sure there was nobody else in the house, we'd gone through it pretty thoroughly, and there really weren't a lot of places for someone to hide.
>>
>>19559240
>Cults like the KKK and Skull and Bones.
Those aren't cults, Scientology, nuwabianism, and heavens gate meanwhile...
>>
File: KIMG0154.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
KIMG0154.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>19559601
Who stacked the skulls? There has to be a deeper meaning to that place.
>>
>>19559603
That's pretty fucking spooky. The only other real spooky thing to happen to me (without counting seeing things in the corner of the eyes and those feelings of dread that stop you from going into somewhere) is when move into my house in Nova Scotia. I live with my parents since my mom's ill and my dad's old, they need my help. We just moved in and the sun setting, and I get this great idea to treat everyone to ice cream, since the near by store sells ice cream. I'm walking up our long ass drive way (about 800 feet long and windy) and then I hear my mom calling my name. Problem is that it's coming from the forest. At first I thought "hey it's just mom checking the property out, maybe she wants to come to the store" but then I remember how in the hell can she get up here this fast if she's still in the house, and where's dad since no one leaves mom alone in case she needs out help. My "mom" calls out again, except it sounds harsher and somewhat gravelly. I just keep repeating "Fuck off!" while I start booking up the driveway, all the while I'm hearing the voice getting harsher and lower pitch repeating my name. Finally get onto the road, cars driving by, and I feel safe. Humorously enough, the walk home in the dark was perfectly fine and my parents meet me at the top of the driveway. Weird stuff.
>>
>>19559621
Supposedly, the catacombs is where many of the people who died from the bubonic plague went. Also, some of the more religious people believe the gate to hell could be located in those catacombs.
>>
>>19559630
That sounds much worse than your other story.
>>
>>19559240

I mean most of the place is a giant indian burial ground. It's cursed land I tell you.
>>
>>19559240
You forgot about all the UFOs
>>
Ancient shit
>>
>>19559661

I wouldn't call it cursed, but this anon and others who mentioned it in posts above probably have it right. Natives were killing each other before Europeans ever arrived. Spanish conquistadors were especially brutal - de Soto for example. Natives who weren't slaughtered died in squallid conditions as slaves. Then many more died in agony from diseases they never had exposure to.

Anyway, I'm not trying to make some anti-European statement with this, just pointing out the common knowledge that a painful, agonizing death often leads to hauntings and bad ju-ju
>>
>>19559650
The catacombs were built and filled with bodies long after the bubonic plague. It was mostly filled with remains from the overflowing cemeteries of Paris and the dead who couldn't be buried in those full cemeteries.
>>
>>19559240
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiJylMyfu9I
>>
>>19559240
Your country hasn't been poisoned as mentally and physically as Americans have. Their entire lives they have been tortured by subversion. Never given a chance to think due to to the way the system forces stimuli and anxiety on to their subjects.
>>
>>19559240
I think there is ancient subterranean evil across this entire continent.
Read the story of Ted the Caver and you may feel the psychic forces of subterranean darkness that drove me mad as a child

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Ted_the_Caver
>>
>>19559446
Vampire canals and evil fairies live in Europe
>>
>>19560461
>I think there is ancient subterranean evil across this entire continent.

Please elaborate
>>
>>19559240
I've always thought the same thing, I always hear spooky shit from America but I'm Australian and the only thing we have here is bunyips.

That and everything NON-/x/ that wants to kill us.
>>
>>19559482
You're confusing America with Australia.
>>
>>19559593
The idea of the Loup Garou originated with the french fur traders, back when Canada wasn't Canada.
They basically thought that if someone didn't go to church for like seven years or something, they'd become a werewolf.

So yes, the Loup Garou was basically shipped over.

It's all over the Frenchly influenced parts of North America.
>>
>>19559340
The kool kids klub is a joke and the only paranormal stuff ive ever seen are demons and they go everywhere so...never acurred to me euros would think that
>>
>>19560479
Fairies aren't evil they are just immoral.
>>
>>19560679
Amoral, you mean
>>
Need photos of cyptids for proof.
If not it's bullshit.
>>
>>19559240
Because you don't live there anon.

As a scandi, I feel uneasy out even when I travel to Germany, which isn't really that different. It's just because it's a different environment.
>>
>>19559340
Same like scary castles and shit
>>
>>19559240
Maybe because America is a tiny version of the world. They have almost every single race and culture living in the same place
>>
File: Lešij.jpg (180KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lešij.jpg
180KB, 1920x1080px
>>19559240
Slav folk culture is full of weird shit. We had some serial killers too, not any diffirent from ones in America.
People still scare kids with Baba Jaga and other witch shit and we still have folk traditions about f.e burning down Morena (goddes of death).

But yes, we lack groups like KKK but god damn we created fascism in here.
>>
File: Morena.jpg (239KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
Morena.jpg
239KB, 1000x666px
>>19561628
And here is the Morena tradition. They just walk around the village with doll symbolising her and then they burn her down/throw her in water.
>>
>>19559482
Actually it was Australia, dumbass
>>
>>19559576
The real catacombs are blocked off, I don't know about ghosts but people live down there and if they see someone walking around they might throw homemade smoke bombs at them to see them out as it's technically their home.
>>
>>19559684
We'll. The women in Pine Ridge, SD are disappearing like an endangered species. Human trafficking is just as evil. The problem is, the shit never stopped. America, is a cursed land. Take it from someone who knows.
>>
>>19561653
*Well,
>>
>>19561653
More unreported murders than fucking Somalia. Over the history of this country.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.