[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I still go to mass and practice normal Catholic traditions, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1504313729818.jpg (229KB, 767x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1504313729818.jpg
229KB, 767x1024px
I still go to mass and practice normal Catholic traditions, but I believe most of the Gnostic stuff I've read. Does this make me a Catholic or a Gnostic?
>>
>>19552302
A Gnostic Catholic?
>>
>>19552302
feeling over formality
>>
>>19552352
What does that mean?
>>
If you believe in Gnosticism over Catholicism you're a Gnostic, doesn't matter what you do in public.
>>
>>19552359
it doesnt matter what you think you are

you just are
>>
>>19552368
What if I don't believe the parts that contradict?
>>
makes you a heretic
>>
>>19552554
:(
>>
>>19552590
>>19552554
True, true.
Come back to regular Christianity, brother. We'd love to have you.
>>
>>19552787
What am I supposed to do, just magically forget everything?
>>
File: 1504634607925.png (319KB, 500x443px) Image search: [Google]
1504634607925.png
319KB, 500x443px
>>19552787
Ahhh.... Seems like everyone is on edge at this time of events. Look what you made me do fake avatar friends.
>>
>>19552302
It makes You a sinner and a bad Catholic like 99% of catholics (and of the rest of humanity).
Go search a priest who's schooled in the Church fathers, talk to him, confess.
>>
>>19552302

I used to be Catholic, but I'm an agnostic Atheist now. I was Catholic for 18 years, but then I realized that my beliefs had become like swiss cheese. There were too many things I was supposed to believe but I just didn't. I can't call myself a Catholic if I don't believe the beliefs at the core of the religion, I was just living a lie. Sounds like you might be going down the same road.
>>
>>19552888
Checked.
Maybe. What if I believe a lot of Gnostic and a lot of Catholic? I don't fit anywhere.
>>
>>19552888
Triples to award your intellectual honesty. What exactly convinced you to stop being Catholic?
>>
>>19552905
What do You believe of Catholicism?
>>
>>19552905

You don't have to "fit" anywhere friend. Just believe what you believe, and be happy. As long as your beliefs make you happy then in my mind you are doing the right thing. The only thing that is certain is this life, so don't live it being miserable. It's an amazing opportunity and if you live it being happy and helping others, it doesn't matter what label you fit under.

>>19552910
I realized that a lot of people around me founded their beliefs on fear, and some would use "god" as a sort of umbrella that covered all the questions that they couldn't answer, which bothered me. But most importantly, my beliefs were making me miserable, I just wasn't happy and I didn't feel fulfilled with the beliefs I carried. I think I gave it a good chance, I was active at my church every week, and I studied the religion, at one point I even wanted to dedicate my life to religion. But I found that the more I learned the less happy I became. That's just me though and I have nothing against people who are happy because of their religious views.
>>
>>19552916
I believe in Jesus' death and resurrection. He was certainly an extension of the Monad on Earth (The Son in the trinity.) I believe in the Ten Commandments.

As for where I contradict, I do not believe all is good. The material world is the realm of Satan and humans are God's life breathed into it. (Of course the Monad, (the Father), the one above all is still is able to work through Satan and bring good out of anything.)
>>
>>19552946
>I realized that a lot of people around me founded their beliefs on fear, and some would use "god" as a sort of umbrella that covered all the questions that they couldn't answer, which bothered me.
You were right to be bothered because doing so is a sin: the Cathechism is pretty clear on the relationship between God and men, and those who do as You say are in error.
>>But I found that the more I learned the less happy I became.
This is strange to me because I have had the opposite experience.
>>That's just me though and I have nothing against people who are happy because of their religious views.
Thank you, that's important to hear. Even If you believe it won't do any good I'll pray for you to find the Joy You search, If you don't mind.
>>19552967
Up to now you haven't said anything a Catholic wouldn't agree with: the world is fucked allright, It's "all Good" only in the sense that by the end of time God wins and the Powers and Principalities lose. Meanwhile We are in the world but not OF the world, wich is under the domain of the Rebel Powers.
Do you believe in the Real Presence? Do you believe in the Nicean creed? They make you repeat it at every mass so you know What I mean.
>>
>>19552888
>I used to be Catholic, but I'm an agnostic Atheist now. I was Catholic for 18 years, but then I realized that my beliefs had become like swiss cheese. There were too many things I was supposed to believe but I just didn't. I can't call myself a Catholic if I don't believe the beliefs at the core of the religion, I was just living a lie. Sounds like you might be going down the same road.
>>19552910
>Triples to award your intellectual honesty. What exactly convinced you to stop being Catholic?

Kek has spoken!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6OjyHzzseo
>>
>>19553060
Tbqh, I can't really find anything in it that directly goes against Christian Gnosticism to begin with, unless you get pedantic about the meaning of heaven and earth.
>>
>>19553109
Dude, then perhaps you should have a good read of the CCC because it seems to me that You're mostly confused about what the Church actually says more than becoming gnostic.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.