[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Learn about Karma here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

File: Endless.png (87KB, 378x459px) Image search: [Google]
Endless.png
87KB, 378x459px
Good day/evening/night /x/ let's learn about Karma today. In short, Karma (and Dharma) are universal energies, that depending the intentions they were focused they come back to its source, with the same strength. We'll talk about Karma this time.

I'm going to answer your questions to the best of my abilities. Try to be as general as you can be, not specific. I can't give you exact answers, to specific cases.

The universe tends to make exceptions to the rule, and sometimes things don't happen because of karma, rather because it needed to happen this or that way.

Remember, all said here isn't completely truth, the last answer is the universe's, take it as useful information.
>>
Will I break the cycle I'm in? Will I achieve the dream/acquire a want? Will I find something to involve myself into or have I already found it?
>>
File: muh_feels.jpg (56KB, 592x512px) Image search: [Google]
muh_feels.jpg
56KB, 592x512px
>>19548782
Karma is a lie invented by Archons and part of the bullshit veil-reincarnation machine.

There is ONLY ONE REAL part of Karma: Everything you do to other people they will remember FOREVER, because we never really die. If you are lucky they will forgive you, if not, they will "get even" even if it takes a thousand years and neither of you remember why.

Accepting Karma is accepting the bullshit reincarnation matrix.
>>
>>19548782
How does Karma work as an observable force in our locality. Does it exist as a higher dimensional field that we can't yet comprehend? Or is it just some kind of off/on thing from the temporal plates(instances) of existence.
>>
And i thought karma just meant action...
>>
>>19549017
You will, eventually you'll break the cycle. You will achieve what you dream and acquire what you want depending how much you work for it. See, you as a soul also grow up. And as in this life, as a child you're not given much permissions and liberties, but as you grow up your liberties broaden, and you can negotiate and ask for things. Eventually you will be able to ask for things you want or need, but universe will know when you are ready for them, and if you have worked enough to have the merit to have them.

As if you have found something, that answer is up to you.
>>
>>19549074
What does the Universe want from us, and why does everybody lie about us going on after death? I get the whole infinite probability BS. Murder is still murder. Beyond that, why should I care about what the Universe wants from me?
>>
>>19549024
You can say that, but are you really certain that you'll evolve as a multidimensional being by abandoning your chance of learning about LOVE? That's the reason behind all of this, to understand that LOVE is the ultimate binding force that connects and brings back the universe to ONE.
>>
>>19549028
It exists everywhere and anytime, it's endless and always exists.
>>
>>19549127
I thought that was love.
>>
>>19548782
is there a proof that karma exists?
>>
>>19549086
Universe wants us to learn to LOVE (and I put it in all-caps because I'm referring to the greater essence of love). We can break the cycles of repetition, of course we can, and that can be done by abandoning all concept of vengeance, and forgive all bad actions done to us, that can also be done by creating ourselves Dharma. In short, being an actively good person breaks our Karma chains.
>>
>>19549135
It is.
>>
>>19549152
>>19549158
Is this why things as a kid were so beautiful but as we go through mistakes the world becomes uglier? As I grow older the world grows worse for wear.
>>
>>19549146
Let's discuss some scenarios.

Did you know there's a karma for suicide?
The karma of autodestruction.

Do you know why children are born with congenital diseases? Suicide (most of the time)
For example: A baby with heart problems is the result of a man that suicided shooting himself to the heart. Now he is born with that problem so he realizes how good is life, and how much better could be if he hadn't that problem. Normally people who comitted suicide are given the chances to have beautiful lives if they are willing to accept their problem and come to the realization that suicide isn't an answer.
>>
>>19549188
Go on.
>>
>>19549175
Universe knows that as a child you cannot endure all the hardships of the teachings you need to learn. But that's not always the case, as some children are born with way to many problems.

How you see world, is a reflection of how you see yourself. You need to learn, foremost, that people that do bad things are not inherently bad, they are living much harder lives than you, it may not be apparent, but they do. So they act accordingly to their level of soul knowledge. It will take them many lives to finally learn and redeem themselves.
>>
>>19549188
Nice
Is life like a video game where you begin another level after you die?
>>
File: 1489448182096.jpg (686KB, 500x660px) Image search: [Google]
1489448182096.jpg
686KB, 500x660px
Karma is just Newtons 3rd law.
>>
>>19549215
Thats the part I don't get. Who decided that? Why would it apply to the Universe? Especially since it's an infinite fractal of infinite shape. How could a specific rule like that exist? It should only exist in the immediate quantum locality, shouldn't it? Was it the first to bring order?
>>
>>19549209
Another scenario, alright.

Let's talk about killing animals.

There are two cases, and please read carefully.

1) Kill an animal for mere sick pleasure.
2) Kill an animal for survival.

On the first case, you draw to youself a very deep Karma. Life is the result of the creative force of universe, you are destroying it. The level of your karma will depend on how barbaric and suffering you brought to that living being. And also affects the level of consciousness that being had. It isn't the same to kill a dog than to kill a fish.

People that kill animals for this reason often have very ugly, sometimes long-lasting deaths. That range from incurable diseases that makes the host deformed, or apparatous deaths.

On the second case there's not Karma, if you need to kill a being to feed yourself from it, or you need it to secure your survival it won't bring any karma towards you. Mind you, bring the least suffering possible to that being.
>>
>>19549255
I like your scenarios. They make sense from what I've learned about NDEs.
>>
>>19549244
As I said in my original post, there isn't an specific rule, I'm just talking in general. A child may be born in utter poverty just because in a past life brought poverty to many people or just stole too much. But that isn't always the case, maybe a child was born in poverty so he can learn about his environment, once he does, universe gives him the opportunities and tools to make it out of poverty with ease.
>>
>>19549289
What does it mean when you are pretty sure this is the first time? I don't really have any memories of a past life or anything. Sometimes when I get high though I can see some golden whispy look into the future at meaningless things.
>>
>>19549225
That's somewhat right. You get another body, and another name. But the essence of the person is the same. Body is a vehicle, the driver is your soul.
>>
>>19549296
>>19549289
I only remember seeing these things, and even the feeling of being high when I saw them. As the moment plays out.
>>
What is love?
>>
>>19549296
You don't remember for various reasons. I don't know all of them, but I'll try to tell you as many as I know.

First, you simply cannot, how can you remember what you ate exactly on this day six years ago? I can't either, that's one.

Second, let's say you intentionally burnt a forest just because you wanted. Now you know that a posibble karma for yourself is to die in flames. If you knew that could happen you would evade any chance of that happening, and you start to live in fear of everything fire related, that isn't what universe intended for you.

Third, you may hold grudges against people and possibly being unable to forgive them, because of your ego. Love is about letting go of ill feelings.

Did you know that people that hold strong grudges have the karma of having a very forgetful mind in their next life?. That's so they forget their enemies and their deeds so they can live more at peace.
>>
>>19549355
Love is the ultimate binding force of the universe, the force that brings everything back to one. Universe is one and everything at the same time.
Our mission in our lives is to learn that there isn't duality, but oneness. And we learn that by putting love in practice.
>>
>>19549362
>>19549378
It doesn't seem like you would ever "win" in a system like that. I know the purpose is understanding love, but how far does that go? Do I eventually become merge with the over source to such a degree I am that? If so, can one eventually choose the next life?
>>
Let's discus cases, post a case and I tell you what karma would derive from that case.

Again, I'm just telling you approximations, not exactly how it would work out.
>>
File: 280px-Ideal_feedback_model.svg.png (4KB, 280x115px) Image search: [Google]
280px-Ideal_feedback_model.svg.png
4KB, 280x115px
>>19548782
Karma in a nutshell (pic related)
>>
>>19549424
Sure I'll fire.

I vivisected a snake. It was harmless though. As a child I was overflowing with hatred and rage. I struck out at my parents, teachers, friends, anybody really. I eventually got through this phase by the love of others.
>>
>>19549421
There's a win. The end of it is that you merge with the source, that's the goal. As the source you're literally God.

As choosing the next life, yeah that's one of many things you will go on "unlocking". As your soul evolves you will be given permissions of doing things. For example, for now, you can choose who will your parents be, next time,can choose when or where to be born and next time you can choose a psychic power, and so on. Jesus and Buddha could do miracles thanks to their evolved souls. That's how it works
>>
>>19549446
Can I ask for guidance in choosing? I don't think I'm qualified to choose how I would get the most out of life.
>>
>>19549437
Snakes don't seem to be that much of an evolved being. Most you can get of it is some painful sickness, like a very strong flu.
>>
File: 385.jpg (21KB, 317x267px) Image search: [Google]
385.jpg
21KB, 317x267px
>>19548782
I mean, I've been being a dick for several years now and I haven't been punished yet
Karma's a bit late.
>>
>>19549453
Of course you can. If you're allowed to.
>>
34.5 Questioner: If an entity develops what is called a karma in an incarnation, is there then programming that sometimes occurs so that he will experience catalyst that will enable him to get to a point of forgiveness thereby alleviating the karma?
Ra: I am Ra. This is, in general, correct. However, both self and any involved other-self may, at any time through the process of understanding, acceptance, and forgiveness, ameliorate these patterns. This is true at any point in an incarnative pattern. Thus one who has set in motion an action may forgive itself and never again make that error. This also brakes or stops what you call karma.

34.4 Questioner: Thank you. Would you define karma?
Ra: I am Ra. Our understanding of karma is that which may be called inertia. Those actions which are put into motion will continue using the ways of balancing until such time as the controlling or higher principle which you may liken unto your braking or stopping is invoked. This stoppage of the inertia of action may be called forgiveness. These two concepts are inseparable.

18.12 Questioner: You stated yesterday that forgiveness is the eradicator of karma. I am assuming that balanced forgiveness for the full eradication of karma would require forgiveness not only of other-selves but forgiveness of self. Am I correct?
Ra: I am Ra. You are correct. We will briefly expand upon this understanding in order to clarify.

Forgiveness of other-self is forgiveness of self. An understanding of this insists upon full forgiveness upon the conscious level of self and other-self, for they are one. A full forgiveness is thus impossible without the inclusion of self.
>lawofone.info
>>
>>19549460
It will eventually come, not all Karma you collect will be given back in this life. It can wait until the next or several next. Some karma you're paying off in this one may come from the very past life, or many past lives ago.
>>
>>19549457
If I can choose a life later on, maybe I'll visit the snake for a quick in and out. Make sure it's not alone in it's last moments. It was a very good snake, it taught me a lot about how smaller bodies function.
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (418KB, 430x393px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
418KB, 430x393px
>>19549474
"eventually"
that's an excuse for everything really
"Hey dad, 9/11 wasn't done by Ted Cruz, i.e. the zodiac killer"
"You just wait son, eventually you'll see"

that's even more of a retarded argument than "god works in mysterious ways"
>>
>>19549479
It is wonderful that it thought you a lot. I see you have this sense or gratitude. Transform that gratitude into forgiveness, forgive yourself and ask for forgiveness to the life energy and the soul of that snake.

Also, you can clear your karma by making the opposite of killing - give a better life to living beings. Planting a tree, or better yet, a whole forest you're making life and making many little lives better.
>>
>>19549487
If you know the answer to your question, please share your knowledge with us. Surely with that confidence you can give us a better answer.
>>
File: 819.jpg (29KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
819.jpg
29KB, 620x400px
>>19549512
There's really no way to argue with people like you who believe in these stupid things
Because the same argument will always be "oh yeah? well, you can't prove it isn't real!"

Karma is a religion thing.
A religion thing is something man-made, a story like the bible.

And I prefer to believe in the word of scientists who actually performed the scientific method than in the word of people who blindly follow a religion.
>>
>>19549537
Why are you here? Just to be a skeptic? Because it isn't working. Karma is very real for some people and very distant for others. All though, some souls mistake the hole they are digging for themselves as something good happening.
>>
>>19549544
OP here, let him be.
>>
>>19549544
Skepticism makes the world go round.

I personally like this system.
If you can't prove wether its real or not then it's most likely very not real.

And: Does it affect the rich and powerful?
Do they always 24/7 do nice things because of Karma?

Don't believe in things like Karma just as an excuse to be nicer.
Obviously, there's nothing I can do, for as much as I think religion is an idiocy I really can't do anything.

Me, personally, I'm going to shit on that Karma bs and continue to live my life for my personal and my friends/family's gain.
I don't need religion threaten to punish me in order to be a good person.

I'm not here to be a skeptic.
I'm just here to see if anything presents actual proof so it can turn my views around and turn me into a believer, I, unlike you, actually want proof before starting to believe.

>>19549573
Letting people be is a horrible idea, we must discuss our ideas, heck, in the 18th century people had libraries dedicated to discussing ideas in order to enlighten other people.

For as much as I think your idea is absolute garbage, I'm still willing to listen.
>>
>>19548782
Karma is a bullshit archon psy-op
Look at all the good people who never get it back. And inversely, all the awful people who live it up.
"Karma" happens but it isn't some universal mechanism that happens with every action taken.
>>
>>19549589
Karma is something common taken and made into an idea.
Thats like me making a religion based on people tripping and saying that it's not simply tripping, it's a magical force who punishes people by making them trip called "Luharo" or some gay shit like that
>>
>>19549585
I've had enough circumstantial evidence in life. Swift and hard hitting to know Karma is real. I don't want to test that again. Getting to where I am now was hard enough. My worry is that I won't be able to bear the next life and fall again.

As for Skepticism, you follow the bible of Science. Because your method worked a lot for you, you use it because it works. It's recursive in the end. Like all things.

>>19549589
This is what I was wondering about, Quantum infinity both can and can't support this system. This means the rule in this locality was instituted for some reason.
>>
>>19549599
This vague abstract thing happens and has been observed for thousands of years. Lets give it a name.

Wow, almost like everything else in existence.
>>
File: The_Scientific_Method.jpg (32KB, 364x294px) Image search: [Google]
The_Scientific_Method.jpg
32KB, 364x294px
>>19549610
"circumstantial evidence"
you mean coincidence?

In 27 years or more of life, bad shit is bound to happen to you. If bad shit always happened after you were bad, sure, but nope, its always a random amount of time before that bad shit happens.

I follow the """"""""bible"""""""" of science because it's got facts that I can see with my own eyes and things i can do with my own hands, instead of finding random things like coincidences or chances and calling them "miracles" or "a karma system"

In karma: someone created a religion for it, someone created the name and someone created the concept
In science: someone found x, nobody created x and someone found how x is made (like how water is made of Hydrogen and Oxygen)

I genuinely like the idea of Karma, be good and good things happen to you, it's a simple and nice concept.
What I don't like is how people actually believe its a thing, the concept of Karma sounds almost child-like.

As I have maybe or maybe not said before: If it is man-made I'll have a hard time believing in it unless I can see/touch it.

Karma can be explained real quick: Coincidence.
bad things always happen to people, and when I say always, i mean ALWAYS, so its not a miracle that sometimes those bad things happen after you've done a bad thing.

TL;DR: Karma's a wholesome idea, but I don't get why people blindly believe it

>>19549622
lets give it a religion***
>>
>>19549610
Finally, I will give you the answer, why it works in this locality, and you think it was instituted. As I said before, because we need it to learn to love. As for much evolved beings that don't reach the oneness to god, they don't need to reincarnate, they can create their own realities, and worlds, and galaxies, little creations of their own. But they are in a dimension much higher than ourselves, if we're in the third, they must be in the ninth or higher. And they don't need Karma anymore, because they know all about it. They work accordingly to what they learned from it. So in short, we are here because we are not evolved enough and we need to learn.
>>
>>19549666
Karma, it happens instantly.

Nice trips btw.
>>
>>19548782
I'd like for you to state that you have appropriated the terms karma and dharma for your own views on reality, and that what you are saying is not sourced in the Vedic texts.
OR, you could quote what slokas you are referring to when you say these three things:
>you as a soul also grow up
According to the Dharma Sutras, the soul/self/atman is unchangeable, and does not grow up.
>There is no higher object than the attainment of the knowledge of Atman. We shall quote the verses from the Veda which refer to the attainment of the knowledge of the Atman. All living creatures are the dwelling of him who lies enveloped in matter, who is immortal, who is spotless. A wise man shall strive after the knowledge of the Atman. It is he [Self] who is the eternal part in all creatures, whose essence is wisdom, who is immortal, UNCHANGEABLE, pure; he is the universe, he is the highest goal. – Apastamba Dharma Sutra 1.8.22.2-7
>>
>>19549674
Karma happens so instantly that i get trips
wew, thx karma, it really soaked up my good boy points
>>
File: 1466670715533.jpg (44KB, 489x479px) Image search: [Google]
1466670715533.jpg
44KB, 489x479px
>>19549673
Well, it's not like I can just waltz outside the rules. If the Universe is gonna teach me, I hope it can teach this ego's locality.
>>
>>19549673
Religion exists as a way for people to have hope that their death wont be in vain and that there's something more to death than nothing. and as a way for people to be good to eachother without asking "why should I?"
>>
>>19549682

>In short, being an actively good person breaks our Karma chains.
Good deeds still bind the self to the transient realm; the difference is that the consequence of karma (as opposed to niskarma and akarma - actions that shouldn't be taken, and actions that are not active) are pleasurable, heavenly realms. But chains of gold are still chains.
>One must conquer the modes of passion and ignorance by developing the mode of goodness, and then one must become detached from the mode of goodness by promoting oneself to the platform of śuddha-sattva. All this can be automatically done if one engages in the service of the spiritual master with faith and devotion. In this way one can conquer the influence of the modes of nature.
>According to the Vedas, there are two kinds of activities — pravṛtti and nivṛtti. Pravṛtti activities involve raising oneself from a lower to a higher condition of materialistic life, whereas nivṛtti means the cessation of material desire. Through pravṛtti activities one suffers from material entanglement, but by nivṛtti activities one is purified and becomes fit to enjoy eternal, blissful life. - Bhagavat Purana 7.15.25&47

>that can also be done by creating ourselves Dharma
Not getting into whether you mean sva-dharma, sanatana-dharma, ashrama-dharma, or yuga-dharma - dharma is something you act toward, or in line with. It is not something to be created.
>It is most difficult to define Dharma. Dharma has been explained to be that which helps the upliftment of living beings. Therefore, that which ensures the welfare of living beings is surely Dharma. The learned rishis have declared that which sustains is Dharma. - Mahabharata, Shanthi Parva, 109.9-11
>Dharma sustains the society. Dharma maintains the social order. Dharma ensures well being and progress of Humanity. Dharma is surely that which fulfils these objectives. - Mahabharata, Karna Parva, 69.58
>>
>>19549666
i knew it was satan all along
>>
>>19549152
nice
you know there are people incapable of loving right
good job universe
>>
>>19549714
If they are incapable they would have killed themselves as soon as they have a chance.
>>
>>19549738
Nope, see article; psychopaths.
Many of them today will tell you they are unable to love in our sense, just feel a loss if something dies only if it had actual materialistic value. I remember someone once started a psychopath AMA and said that he felt more loss for his dog as property than the death if his grandmother in which he felt nothing.

Also many psychopath serial killers noted in their diary that they dont know what love is, never felt it and probably never will.
>>
>>19549289
That's not how it works.
Because some people tied up the gift that was given for SELF purification is now being hijacked as an extension of a very false over use of resources, only done through ignorance of karma.

You are creating bad karma with saying that poverty is created through the born, rather than the cultural attachments of the ancestors.

To purify karma, you pray for your ancestors and they help you deal with the epigenetics of your line with food and medicine that works.

The impoverished exist do to no karma of their own, it's the people who destroyed the culture that the family came from that created poverty.
>>
>>19548782
What will happen to my devilish neighbor that keeps tormenting us with high music volume?
Also what creates autism as karma?
>>
>>19549024
is there no escape? is it inherited guilt for forever?
>>
Karma is like the weather. It is very easy to understand and predict in small, controlled examples. But when you start looking at the "big picture" and trying to plot the interactions of people's karma, the karma of their family/their city/their nation, and the karma still "percolating" from previous lives - it becomes a huge Gordian Knot.

It is no accident that the Gita says to solve this with the "sword of knowledge." Just as in the legend Alexander "solved" the actual Gordian Knot by cutting it in two with a sword - the knowledge that the soul is above karma, is only witness to the interactions of matter, and is only bound by illusion is able to cut through the knot of karma without having to untangle each thread.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.