[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I might have figured out how the universe and reality functions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 20

File: 5590830-5522085588-latest.v1.jpg (172KB, 1085x1085px) Image search: [Google]
5590830-5522085588-latest.v1.jpg
172KB, 1085x1085px
Tl;dr The universe was founded on a paradox. Everything is always possible. So is nothing. Everything must exist, so that nothing can exist. There is no God, and so There is a God. There is a singular consciousness aware of everything so that there may be a separate consciousness that is only aware of itself. So yes. Technically, we are God. But we are also not. To give an example, read the Pinocchio paradox. In it, Pinocchio says "My nose grows now". A Lie. But because Pinocchio's nose only grows when he lies, it does grow. Making his previous statement true. Since what he said was technically true from the start, his nose should have never grown. But in the end it was still a lie. This is how everything functions.

---

This... I honestly don't know what to call it. Ever since I've started trying to untangle this thread in my mind, I've felt like reality has been breaking down all around me. Let's start at the beginning. What I believe to be the start of everything itself. In order for there to be Nothing, there must be Something. If Nothing exist without anything to quantify it as nothing, than Nothing doesn't really exist. Nothing is the absence of Something. Thus begins the paradox of creation itself. The big bang. The point where everything started to take shape. Raw. Energy. Remember that phrase. It'll come in handy later.

So now we have Something. But what is Something? Looking back at the Nothing/Something paradox, we can see the process starting all over again. Good, Evil. Yin, Yang, Light, Dark. These are just things. Energy. Positive and Negative. Once the energy was created, it to started to form it's own creations.

I'll continue if anyone else is interested. Just please let me know I'm not crazy.
>>
>>19548281
Unless you have a working knowledge of abstract mathematics and physics I highly doubt you have any understanding whatsoever about how the universe works. Your first sentence is wrong. I didn't read the rest.
>>
>>19548281

Werd. Hence Choronzon.
>>
File: an hero girl.jpg (144KB, 600x795px) Image search: [Google]
an hero girl.jpg
144KB, 600x795px
>>19548322
tl;dr lol
>>
>>19548322

At first I couldn't put my head around it. How the fuck does any of this makes sense? If everything is possible, then why the fuck are things the way they are? Why can't I just magically fucking summon a mountain of cash on my bed? Short answer; The Law of the Universe and Energy itself.

Working backwards from the Something/Nothing paradox, It would make sense that a reality exist that nothing out of the ordinary can happen besides preconceived norms within that reality.
>>
>>19548281
>Tl;dr The universe was founded on a paradox. Everything is always possible. So is nothing. Everything must exist, so that nothing can exist. There is no God, and so There is a God. There is a singular consciousness aware of everything so that there may be a separate consciousness that is only aware of itself. So yes. Technically, we are God. But we are also not. To give an example, read the Pinocchio paradox. In it, Pinocchio says "My nose grows now". A Lie. But because Pinocchio's nose only grows when he lies, it does grow. Making his previous statement true. Since what he said was technically true from the start, his nose should have never grown. But in the end it was still a lie. This is how everything functions.
>---
>This... I honestly don't know what to call it. Ever since I've started trying to untangle this thread in my mind, I've felt like reality has been breaking down all around me. Let's start at the beginning. What I believe to be the start of everything itself. In order for there to be Nothing, there must be Something. If Nothing exist without anything to quantify it as nothing, than Nothing doesn't really exist. Nothing is the absence of Something. Thus begins the paradox of creation itself. The big bang. The point where everything started to take shape. Raw. Energy. Remember that phrase. It'll come in handy later.
>So now we have Something. But what is Something? Looking back at the Nothing/Something paradox, we can see the process starting all over again. Good, Evil. Yin, Yang, Light, Dark. These are just things. Energy. Positive and Negative. Once the energy was created, it to started to form it's own creations.
>I'll continue if anyone else is interested. Just please let me know I'm not crazy.
You get it.

t. Templar
>>
>>19548349

I fucking love you right now, I just do. Thank you.
>>
>>19548281
yeah.Very good.
>>
If you fully "understand the universe" then you are god.

Tell me op. Are you god?
>>
File: 1494480326890.png (289KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494480326890.png
289KB, 400x400px
>>19548451
cleanliness is next to godliness
and your post is shit
>>
>>19548382
Shit. That's it?

You mean to say I got it when I was fifteen?
>>
>>19548502
>Shit. That's it?
In it's most basic sense, yes.

>You mean to say I got it when I was fifteen?
Out of the mouths of babes...

Now, ask yourself, what does this imply?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBwoEXlTph0

Protip: Look to the Naked Singularity.
>>
>>19548281
Mmm smells a bit of new agey false god stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRZkNBYUIOY
>>
>>19548281
Swear I had the exact same conversation with CleverBot once.
>>
>>19548281
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnipotence_paradox
>>
File: shape of the universe.jpg (130KB, 634x708px) Image search: [Google]
shape of the universe.jpg
130KB, 634x708px
>>19548281
we are the universe and the universe is us. Above the universe is god himself and above him is god's god, and god's god's god. We are considered gods of every cell in our body. The universe is in constant loop. Every chapter that closes, opens a new chapter. The end is the mark of a new beginning. There is only a slither of space between the beginning and end where the holiest of holy lives and in that void, there is no right or wrong, black or white, positive or negative. Everything, simply is.
>>
>>19548281
I agree anon, I've literally always thought the reasoning behind existence is a paradox and can thus never be understood. Idk about how we are god and we arent but I think our origin story itself is impossible to understand.
>>
>>19548711
Also curious as to what this theory relates to in philosophy. Been trying to figure out ever since i've had these thoughts years ago. Closest thing is existentialism... But yeah OP i completely agree man. Our origin is a complete paradox yet our universe still seems to have governing laws of physics.
>>
>>19548349
>Werd. Hence Choronzon.
>>19548395
>>19548451
>>19548465

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iGYL0zA2JE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UqNIOc8rgc

Verdict: Guilty.
>>
>>19548730
>Also curious as to what this theory relates to in philosophy.
Gödel's incompleteness theorems:

The first incompleteness theorem states that no consistent system of axioms whose theorems can be listed by an effective procedure (i.e., an algorithm) is capable of proving all truths about the arithmetic of the natural numbers. For any such formal system, there will always be statements about the natural numbers that are true, but that are unprovable within the system. The second incompleteness theorem, an extension of the first, shows that the system cannot demonstrate its own consistency.

"God is absolutely omnipotent" means that God can do everything absolutely. Everything that can be expressed in a string of words even if it can be shown to be self-contradictory. God is not bound in action, as we are in thought by the laws of logic.

What does that say about us?
>>
>>19548777
That we are lesser "minds" than God?
>>
>>19548380
There is no paradox. You're misunderstanding physics.
>>
>>19548777
>"God is absolutely omnipotent"
Know how I can tell you're a dumbass?
>>
File: 69134-Ying-Yang.jpg (34KB, 640x632px) Image search: [Google]
69134-Ying-Yang.jpg
34KB, 640x632px
>>19548281
basically your on the right track, meaning supports meaningfulness, nothing just supports nothing. But with meaningfulness there is a specific structure and path, with nothingness, if you follow it just becomes void. So space and time if you wanna go that route to contextualize it, or nihilism vs existential seeking of purpose what'eves
>>
>>19548777

You've helped me collect another piece of the puzzle. Thank you. Would you happen to know where to go next? Is Choronzon somehow related?
>>
>>19548281
>>19548281
bretty good, you got it. reality is because it can't not not be, you are here because you are that which can say you are here, everything is only the case for itself, this is the only possible conceivable reality, we are locked within its horizon, but determinate conceptions exist against the background of our will to transcend reality, which is nothing but reality's will to transcend itself

we are the self-revelation of the 0, a chaos that is made order by our being here to perceive it, we are a blockage in the absolute that reveals to itself only its own nothingness and its striving to fill that nothingness
>>
>>19548810

Thank you. I think I'm starting to put everything together
>>
>>19548805
>Would you happen to know where to go next?
Acausality.

>Is Choronzon somehow related?
No.
>>
File: chad3.jpg (24KB, 230x314px) Image search: [Google]
chad3.jpg
24KB, 230x314px
>>19548281
The mind divides things into polar opposites, but another way of looking at them is a continuum of a single quality.

For example: "cold" isn't the opposite of "hot" except as convenient mental categories. Rather cold is a smaller amount of heat energy. There is no negative or opposite to heat, only its relative absence. Absolute zero means a total lack of heat, but "cold" as a separate quality doesn't really exist.

The idea of continua can probably resolve these paradoxes if you apply it to them.
>>
File: IMG_1236.jpg (34KB, 492x592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1236.jpg
34KB, 492x592px
>>19548671
>shape of the Universe
Jon Snow's butt
>>
>>19548867
>Acausality

I get it. Anything more? ;)
>>
>>19548281
>I might have figured out how the universe and reality functions
>the cockroach sez, "I might have figured out how the kitchen and reality functions.."
Dude.
It's so far beyond what you can grasp.
>>
>>19548928

Touche. Well played.
>>
>>19548794
Physics doesn't apply outside of our universe. Everything didn't start with the big bang it trickled down from higher dimensions. Our whole 3d universe is an island in the 4th dimension.
>>
>>19548789
We are neurons in the mind of God, our world (matter) is made from they're imagination. Just like a dream.
>>
>>19548874
then the issue is why there are continua, and why the mind perceives a non-dual reality as dualistic, and then the answer to that has to be the mind can't but be what generates polarities in the first place. we are contradictory beings, we exist only in the space between ideality and actuality
>>
>>19548920
>I get it. Anything more? ;)
Later.

Non Nobis Domine.
>>
>>19548777
>there will always be statements about the natural numbers that are true, but that are unprovable within the system.

God is True but unprovable.

>The second incompleteness theorem, an extension of the first, shows that the system cannot demonstrate its own consistency.

Inability of Reality to demonstrate its own consistency is the same thing as saying reality requires paradoxes, per your original epiphany.
>>
>>19548502
that's the age the universe/god/whatever gives most people that information. What sucks is that we usually forget it by the time we graduate because securing our income is so important to us. There's nothing left to search for. We're stuck here forever. A lot of people have told me it's all just a test.
>>
>>19549155
>A lot of people have told me it's all just a test.
you are correct.
>>
>>19548281
enjoy the journey into schizophrenia, OP. it's a fun ride
>>
File: 1499003641293.jpg (26KB, 403x421px) Image search: [Google]
1499003641293.jpg
26KB, 403x421px
Congrats OP, but now that you can do anything, what will you choose?
>>
>>19548281
Yup
>>
the double bind
the double bind
the double bind
the double bind
the double bind
the double bind
>>
>>19548281
There are two realities.
The physical world you cannot change no matter how hard you try, which science is trying to understand.
And your perception of your surroundings.
For most people the two are one and the same. I think therefore I am and I see therefore it is.
The trick is realizing if the world is as it is because that's how you see it or want to see it because it's stable and constant or if it really is just what it appears to be. Either way your perception of the world is more powerful to you.If you believe x = y without a doubt in your mind then to you it does and for you that's all that matters, whether or not it really does is irreverent. Perhaps the world changes with your perception of it. and the rest of us are just being created by your imagination.
It all depends how much your willing to warp your own reality and whether you care about being separated from the rest of society for it.
>>
File: break_free.jpg (256KB, 800x670px) Image search: [Google]
break_free.jpg
256KB, 800x670px
For equality. For Love. For understanding our emotions, not just of our own. But of each other's as well. For us to be able to communicate with our emotions directly. For understanding our consciousness fully. To be aware of what's available to us. To always choose the Best path. To remain always stable. To gain wisdom early on. To love each other equally, and you to love yourself's just as much. For Love and Positivity to be our guide. For both our consciousness and emotions be aligned with Love and Positivity. For us to be one, like The World. For peace to reign supreme. Aum.
>>
File: evil-dead-2-header.jpg (111KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
evil-dead-2-header.jpg
111KB, 1024x768px
>>19548281
YOU CAN KEEP YOUR THEORIES, I'M JUST TRYING TO HOLD ONTO THE LOVE AND SANITY I'VE GOT LEFT WHEN CONSCIOUS FORCES PROBE THE FUCK OUT OF MY BEING AND RUN PSYCHO OPS FOR GOD KNOWS WHY.

But honestly, it's pretty interesting. I wonder if we'll be at peace someday.
>>
>>19548281
You're not crazy.
>>
File: 1380697092809.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
1380697092809.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>19548281
I cringed so hard. 10/10 OP
>>
>>19548451
We all are.
>>
>>19548798
>your on the right track
How can you do the kind of reading necessary to understand this, and still not know how to use the word "you're?"
>>
>>19549079
>they're imagination
How can you do the kind of reading necessary to understand this, and you still can't figure out how to use the word "their?"
>>
>>19549155
Continually distracted by the Crimson Permanent Assurance crashing through the windows and assaulting us with sabres.
>>
>>19548281
>In it, Pinocchio says "My nose grows now". A Lie. But because Pinocchio's nose only grows when he lies, it does grow. Making his previous statement true.

Remember Jerry, it's not a lie if you believe it
>>
File: 1501316209850.jpg (39KB, 399x396px) Image search: [Google]
1501316209850.jpg
39KB, 399x396px
>>19549839
Case in point.
>>
File: 1503639313899.jpg (18KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
1503639313899.jpg
18KB, 500x389px
>>19548281

If everything is possible, there is a machine or shadow god that has conquered its own universe and is trying to figure out how to conquer all other universes.

Given enough time it might make its way into our universe.
>>
File: 1977_09000.jpg (34KB, 372x600px) Image search: [Google]
1977_09000.jpg
34KB, 372x600px
>>19549895
And maybe there's an infinite number of realities that are born with different universal constants of variables which completely change the course and flow of reality and the conscious forces within it. In this universe it seems pretty clear we're brutish survivalists that seem determined on destroying all opposing forces in order to dominate and control the scarcity of power, but hey, maybe in another we're all loving feminine beings that all collaborate and unify to experience hedonism in abstract powerful forms.

But since we're in a (seemingly) dark and brutish 'verse we should value the beautiful moments we experience. I'm optimistic we'll experience a good reality someday but unfortunately who knows when.
>>
File: Scions Of Necrontyr.jpg (71KB, 736x503px) Image search: [Google]
Scions Of Necrontyr.jpg
71KB, 736x503px
>>19549925

Actually I am making a web comic on the concept... Basically, there a war that has been going on for billions of years between various beings who have conquered their universes and seek to conquer all universes (if many worlds theories is true). Some try to go about this by reverse entrophy or reversing the collapse of wave functions in quantum physics.

So if all possibilities have are possible, then there are very evil gods in some universes and "good" gods in some (well they think they are good) and some neutral gods in others.

Also its hard to say which god has the most universes as its all infinite, its like well this god has infinite + 1 etc.

Think of this as "The War In The Heavens Scenario" which Earth or our galaxy might be a battle ground in the future with various powerful factions.
>>
>>19549065
>Our whole 3d universe is an island in the 4th dimension

Congratulations on so neatly displaying your ignorance on the nature of the universe.
>>
>>19548281
You're not crazy, but congrats, you figured out a couple paradoxes, not "how the universe and reality function".
Do you even quantum physics, bro?
>>
>>19548281
>Pinocchio paradox
Stopped reading there, only retards fall for this.
This is no paradox because if he says my nose grows now, it's clearly a lie. So his nose grows. But what he said is in the past already, and even if it's true it doesn't contradict with anything, because the two events are on two completely different instances in time.

Next time when you have a point don't throw random "deep bruh" shit for 12 year olds.
>>
File: C3DE8VYWQA0gOcW.jpg (777KB, 1997x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C3DE8VYWQA0gOcW.jpg
777KB, 1997x2048px
>>19549963
That sounds pretty cool. I have no intentions to create anything with my ideas, but I obsess over the potential of conscious thought and existence. I even believe consciousness is such a powerful force that it actually dominates all of reality and is the most abundant form of reality (compared to static reality which has no organization).

So, it's like yours, evolution creates super-organisms and eventually hyper-organisms that rely on the "shadow consciousness" or basically mind control/memetics to keep everything in order, and so memetic warefare is literally introduced in this confusing web of hyperinfrastructure of conscious systems.

Ironically, I just want a reality that likes nice things and wants to explore existence, like it star trek. So these thoughts just depress me.
>>
>>19549988

As a person who has studied history... Existence has never been nice to humans. It's basically 10,000 years of pain and suffering.

I don't see why the future would be any different when humans are the ones building it.

As soon as we get 3d printers that can make synthetic life, the first thing some autist is going to do is make a xenomorph or Tyranid Queen.

So yeah... I'm pretty sure its going to end up like WH40K in the future. Unless we end up with pacification drugs early on.

But all it takes it one rougue person with a self replicating AI the fuck that system up.

Oh and let's not forget the gods trying to intervene in the whole event.

Trust me. There will never be eternal peace. It may last for billions of years, but eventually some other force will break though and unless the peace loving angels learn how to fight back then they will be consumed.

Unless the peace lovers go belligerent first and conquer everyone out of defence (but they aren't really peace loving).

The Universe was made out of chaos and struggle. Without something to challenge humans they get depressed and suicidal. Humans need conflict and drama. They need the suffering to find meaning.

Don't blame me. I didn't make the universe.

(Pic related. Actually happened in real life. I can get link if you want)
>>
File: 1503695669232.jpg (234KB, 506x722px) Image search: [Google]
1503695669232.jpg
234KB, 506x722px
>>19550012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Suiyang

>Yin Ziqi had besieged the city for a long time. The food in the city had run out. The dwellers traded their children to eat and cooked bodies of the dead. Fears were spread and worse situations were expected. At this time, Zhang Xun took his concubine out and killed her in front of his soldiers in order to feed them. He said, "You have been working hard at protecting this city for the country wholeheartedly. Your loyalty is uncompromised despite the long-lasting hunger. Since I can't cut out my own flesh to feed you, how can I keep this woman and just ignore the dangerous situation?" All the soldiers cried, and they did not want to eat. Zhang Xun ordered them to eat the flesh. Afterwards, they caught the women in the city. After the women were run out, they turned to old and young males. 20,000 to 30,000 people were eaten. People always remained loyal.

Oh and that side won the war, and the defending general of the siege is a hero in China.
>>
File: 1350267035583.jpg (175KB, 1147x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1350267035583.jpg
175KB, 1147x1600px
>>19550012
The human condition is extremely brutish and harsh, it's even more scary when you examine how deeply emotions and our sensory has an impact on our consciousness, and the lack of general empathy towards this experience, and the pure chaotic dice rolls of genetic construction.
I've experienced spirituality in my existence which has challenged how I see what I am. This won't apply to you, but on the levels of extremity I could be a throw-away experiment of mental optimization of existence, or a conditioned drone living some orchestrated "movie" that will make me programmed to serve some unknown power for their own interests, but on the other extreme ideas of things it could be used for love, collaboration, and simply expressing our gratitude of simply embracing what we have (this sounds romantic and less objective but I'm lazy)

I think all spectrums of existence will happen, all the good and evil. 40K has a natural attraction to me but I still love dreaming of a good reality.
>>
File: kojima_productions_manifesto.png (89KB, 896x1156px) Image search: [Google]
kojima_productions_manifesto.png
89KB, 896x1156px
>>19550045
This may seem silly but I love this simple philosophy and mantra, the dream of an existence that is for the very pleasure of existence itself.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.