[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm confused, /x/. When did she start smiling? I could've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

I'm confused, /x/. When did she start smiling? I could've sworn she never did.
>>
>>19545515
It's the name of a movie. Mona Lisa smile
>>
>wtf mandela effect lmao
>>
"Research in 2003 by Professor Margaret Livingstone of Harvard University said that Mona Lisa's smile disappears when looked with direct vision, known as foveal, because of the way the human eye processes visual information it is less suited to pick up shadows directly, however peripheral vision can pick up shadows well."

And she has no eyebrows so...
>>
This is the first Mandela effect that is actually messing with me. I still believe it's my own faulty memory but it sure does feel weird to look up mona Lisa and see her smiling after distinctively remembering her not
>>
Shit overrated painting and she's ugly af. Dat nose ffs.

Her cleavage looks 2D. The hands are too big and look like someone else painted them. The background looks like a kid painted it. Her neck is wrong.
>>
>>19545692
That's because La Gioconda was painted in a joint effort by Da Vinci and one of his pupils
>>
>>19545726
I know his pupils usually did hands etc but I was unaware of this

who cares, the painting is shit
>>
>>19545515
desu, it's like>>19545520
said, i distinctly remember her weird smile being referred to in movies and a cartoon i think - dexter's lab or time squad maybe.

but what i don't remember was her identity being clear to everyone, and apparently it is. i thought her identity was a mystery or something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_del_Giocondo
>>
>>19545735
I thought so too up until now, I faintly remember some speculations that it was a portait of Da Vinci's gay lover student. Is this the mandela meme?
>>
I have never and never will understand why this painting is as famous as it is.

I mean, I'm not saying it's bad or anything I just think it's not as good as people say it is.

I'd expect it to be hanging in the front room of some suburbanite mom who also has "love laugh live" scatter cushions rather than the louvé
>>
>>19546516
It was memed to fuck after it was stolen and shipped to america. nobody gave a fuck about it until then
>>
>>19546519
Well, tell 'em to stop
>>
>>19545515
The thing is, I'm sure she didn't.
When we studied it in school the teacher pointed out how her face was ambiguous and she could have been smiling but also not. The mouth wasn't bent in a smile and it was left to the bystander to interpret whether she was stern or happy.
>>
>>19545515
its not the smile thats the big change though there is a expression difference

the veil was originally just the seam between the wig and the head. that line was turned into a veil thats on top of the hair. really old wigs in some cases were just scalped hair with skin that was tanned. thats what she had on her head before

also the cheeks are different. she had a more rounded cheek but now with the smirk growing its distorted that plane of the face
>>
>>19545735
>>19547358
>>19547378

This is some weird shit. I remember learning the same thing about her lack of smile at school. About how it was left ambiguous for a reason. Her whole expression was different as I remember it and she is clearly happily smiling now. Also her identity was a mystery and no one knew for sure if the painting was of a real person or not. WTF is going on? This is some dimension shifting Mandella effect bullshit.
>>
>>19547416

Also the painting has always given me the creeps. I don't know how to explain it but the painting just looks out of place in the world.

I wouldn't be suprised if it's a tool that time traveller's / Dimension shifters use to determine what version of our reality they are currently in.

"shit my Dimensiotron 9000 just malfunctioned! Where the fuck am I?" Proceed to Lougle Mona Lisa. "Fuck, it's smiling....."
>>
Lads this thread is kinda tripping me out a bit
>>
>>19545515
I don't know man but that painting gives me the creeps. Personality I think the thing is cursed.
>>
>>19547416
Yeah she was basically the classical equivalent of the Harold "Hide your Pain" meme. A small smile that seems kind of forced. But I don't see that anymore..?
>>
>>19545515
This whore was never even pretty. What's the big deal?
>>
File: gerard-david-saint-michael.jpg (166KB, 692x870px) Image search: [Google]
gerard-david-saint-michael.jpg
166KB, 692x870px
>>19545515
Out of all the things you chose to see the Mandela effect in, it's the smile? What about that veil she's wearing now? Or how her hair is red?

Leonardo must've known she was an angel who came from above. All angels have red hair.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.