[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That Poppy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 17

File: thatPoppy.png (644KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
thatPoppy.png
644KB, 1366x768px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_yPb78Oo4U&list=PLeingFIwDgQJjN0Cnl3s054AxvQmZ-YBM&index=6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_yPb78Oo4U&list=PLeingFIwDgQJjN0Cnl3s054AxvQmZ-YBM&index=6

What is this phenomenon that is Poppy. I understand that on it's surface it is critique and commentary on social media today. That's just scratching the surface though. When I watch most of her videos I see a progression toward the absurd, seemingly videos that don't make sense. If you look <<<deep>>> enough there are some deeper things, depending on how red pilled you are: Illuminati symbols, Hollywood pedophilia, pop star worship, etc.

Then there's the issue of Poppy herself. She starts of innocent, then slowly shows hints of brainwashed, robotic behavior. Or it could be a her slowly moving toward a nonsensical, yet deeply disturbing psyche.

All of this could make sense, but at the end of it all it just seems like one big joke, or one big fuck you to the viewers in some way.

But I know that it is paranormal in some way, I just can't pinpoint it /x/
>>
>>19543296

its deconstruction/satire

you have to understand the things that trigger you are no longer super sekrut shit confined to 4chan, of course they are criticising you people as well
>>
>>19543300
I understand that it is meant as satire, perhaps even meta-humor type of satire at that. Literally stuff like "I'm not in a cult, I'm not a cult leader" is irony at it's finest when you look at people today rooting on their pop star of the day and how they are quite close minded and don't care about anything but being part of the popular crowd, a.k.a the cult. But the way it's presented is obviously satire, but in such a meta way that I'm thinking that there may be more to it behind the scenes too

It could be the natural progression. What else is there left to except go into satire of media itself, producers and directors ironically making fun of themselves? It's all a joke. But Poppy's videos have to be something more than just that
>>
>>19543314
your tilting at windmills at this point
>>
She's the first popstar to attempt an actual brainwashing of her fanbase.
>>
>>19543326
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiF2YyiIZkY

Cmon you don't think this is weird. I just can't understand how a director can even think of this shit
>>
>>19543359
deconstruction/killing off your nostalgia so you are better prepared for the world ahead, which is something the majority of 4chan posters are surviving off of at this point

its 2017, almost 2018
>>
>>19543356
Ascended Master Poppy?
>>
>>19543359
weird as fuck. keep your fire when watching these anon.
>>
It is deemed as satire in the grander scheme of things, but the dude titanic sinclair is honestly the only creepything to come out of it

I mean the guy takes in teenagers who make cover songs on youtube and then turns them into that sort of pale skinned white hypnotize esque videos.
>>
>>
Sinclair is an obvious Satanist and, quite frankly, and emberassment to his cause. He's not nearly subtle enough.
>>
>>19543296
They're entertaining and she's a cutie that's all I care about
>>
>>19543359
>looks at hands
>hear voice

yup, that's a trap...
>>
>>19543359
weird =/= paranormal anon. It's just a project of titanic sinclair that targets the conspiracyfags. For a relatively unsuccesful project of his, see Mars Argo.
>>
>>19543296
It's just the guy that creates these videos - Titanic Sinclair. He's just some guy that tries way too hard to be edgy and different/
>>
Recently people said Poppy might be pregnant

What's the evidence that supports this?
>>
File: PoppysFriends.png (2MB, 1710x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PoppysFriends.png
2MB, 1710x1080px
>>
>>19543296
The most powerful artists in the world are essentially sorcerers, who can evoke moods, concepts, and directions of awareness on mass scales. Their power exceeds that of nuclear arsenals, as if they willed it they could channel their artistic ability destructively. There is a literal artistic war with both sides knowing the game they play, fighting to use this magick for their own causes, and engaged in mutually assured destruction so that they game isn't revealed. The two warring parties are artists and marketers, with artists fighting to make the future awesome instead of some dystopia of hyper-consumption and bullshit jobs.

Poppy and Lady Gaga 's status as two of the most powerful memetic sorcerers is shown through the content of their work. Memetic sorcerers work through coded metaphor and analogies, performing memetic encryption to encode their messages as subtext. These messages can be decoded only if the context of the encoded content is known, and by using tight analogies one can increase the contextual precision required to decode the message. As an example, review some of Poppy's and Lady Gaga's work with this context of an art war and see what relationships you can dig up. This is just a first step; with repeated practice you will be able to see what other messages in culture have hidden subtext using the "art war" narrative frequency.
>>
Forgot to mention that the Illuminati imagery is a troll and also a calling card acknowledging that they know about the art war.
>>
File: 1494993545900.jpg (117KB, 587x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494993545900.jpg
117KB, 587x720px
>>19543296
This is what binaural mkultra looks like kids.
>>
File: untitled.png (88KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
88KB, 183x275px
I love Poppy.
>>
A tryhard tumblr cunt that you all fell for. Go beat off to Melanie Martinez, literally the same person.
>>
also an ugly jewess.
>>
>>19543296
Nah she's just an alt-pop starlet who gives her work Dadaist tendencies

that's what a lot of teens find enjoyable now I guess
>>
>>19548129
Hey don't put Poppy in Mel's level.
Mel is in another Galaxy.
>>
Yo creo que Titanic Sinclair con la ropa que le hace poner a Poppy en sus videos son algo muy significativo, primeramente me encantan algunos y luego hay otros que no concuerdan totalmente con la estetica de otros pero por alguna razon van de la mano (por eso digo algunos), esto se da por que hoy estamos con una moda nacida de internet que se basa en dedacas anteriores, por ejem: "Aesthetic " que es la mas resaltante y un buen ejemplo, cosa que lleva a que en años proximos esto va a ser algo muy significativo, yo lo pienso en 2030, exepto si es que se deja de tomar modas de antes y usarlas en el presente,y a lo que quiero decir con esto es que Titanic Sinclair esta tratando de tomar una estetica futurista con los diseños y las formas en que hace este proyecto "ThatPoopy" ya que tiene una tematica indirecta a la moda del 2000/2001 al 2011 y puede ser 2012 para que cuando los del 2026 ( maso o menos) ThatPoppy va a ser el primer ejemplo en verse, tambien refleja en su musica tópicos del 2014 en adelante. Ejemplos:
En la cancion “Interweb” tiene luces de colores turquesa, fuxia, amarillo, etc. Oscuros que le dan en distintos lados de ella. Marina and the diamonds tiene lo mismo en su cancion “Froot” luego TheWeekend tambien pero como fondo y en el, sigue la misma paleta de colores y el mismo uso de luces, el ultimo ejemplo que vi fue de Abel Pintos en su presentacion.
En la cancion “lets make a video” la calidad del video es muy pixelada, una pixelaccion de 2017 y el Aesthetic se caracteriza por tener mala calidad pero no aproposito y Poppy si lo hace a proposito. Los colores que usa en ese video son similares a los colores pasteles que se usan mucho hoy en dia como en tumblr y los veo en cada tienda de ropa. Lo que mas me impresiona de este video musical, es que antes de que sacara el video escuche el audio y cuando empieza se me venia una imagen a la cabeza parecida ala del video, ella al frente del espejo de belleza grande mirandose.
>>
If you can get past the cringe MatPat did a decent job at explaining on Film theory. https://youtu.be/CqdE2EKhJG4
>>
Could you all please take your failed viral marketing and leave the internet forever, please, sellout reptilian faggots?
>>
>>19543296
poppy's just another webseries that's not shy about making a fuckload of money off of merchandise and mp3 sales. i got bored with it months ago when i realized it wasn't going anywhere and the decently interesting plot would forever stagnate so they could sell more songs, ironically becoming the very thing the series is critiquing, a pop idol only concerned with making assloads of cash. it had a great premise of a pop star essentially being mind controlled and giving us a look into the illuminati style world she lived in, but it gets old real fast and it doesn't fucking go anywhere. poppy stays exactly the fucking same the entire time. oh but the mannequin lady has some subplot where she becomes a drug addict. ok, who cares? i didn't start watching so i could learn about this mannequin cunt who should have been a one-off joke character for what was a decently fun interview video and her drug filled adventures with a talking plant. i wanted to learn more about poppy and all i got was poppy does weird things for 45 seconds to a minute, rinse, repeat. i envy people like you who can still be weirded out by it and think there's more beneath the surface.
>>
>>19547670
Satanist?
>>
>>19552436
It bears pointing out that every sophomore pop album in existence since fucking ever has the "ironic critique of pop stardom" theme.

They dressed up beyonce like the robot from metropolis ffs.
>>
>>19545060
Jay Z (huge Satanist) endorsed him and called him "one of the most creative people" he's met.
>>
File: veryfirsttimedone.jpg (67KB, 350x550px) Image search: [Google]
veryfirsttimedone.jpg
67KB, 350x550px
>>19552524
It makes me happy to know that someone like that is responsible for this trash because it proves what unoriginal cunts these people actually are.

Seriously, I know there's not an "art war" because someone would just come along and win it with fucking finger paint if that were the case.
>>
And yes, I called you unoriginal cunts, and I meant it, and if you don't believe me then ask yourselves why these threads always go the same way and why your youtube channel is now the textbook example of a shitty forced meme.

We have our Aeon. You have an irrelevant bovine faggot god.

Go away.
>>
File: oKcfbrl.png (118KB, 536x822px)
oKcfbrl.png
118KB, 536x822px
*Thot Poppy
>>
File: holdsupeyeballsXD.jpg (117KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
holdsupeyeballsXD.jpg
117KB, 1280x720px
>>19552817
> It's not just a bunch of contrived edgy shit I swear.
> m-maybe it looks so derivative and uninspired o-on purpose
>>
>>19552817
This pic related seems to transcend the very boundary of time and space to have achieved this lvl of shitposting.
>>
File: brandnewidea.jpg (5KB, 275x184px) Image search: [Google]
brandnewidea.jpg
5KB, 275x184px
>>19552929
I CAN FEEL THE TEEHEEING FLOWING THROUGH ME

>The Master Hieroglyphian

You know, this Poppy thing seems pretty zany and subversive after all. I'm gonna go check it out.
>>
>>19552953
It really didn't matter what you know and what you will find out I think the faster you learn this the better off you are. Maybe with knowing you will change your ways you will learn to be better and stop assuming that this world owes you anything. Pro-tip it does not you only get credit for creating you even get love of you choose to change. But that is a choice you have to make no one can make it for you.
>>
>>19553002
Oh look, a transcendent altruist.

Teach me more about your above-board morals, superior one.
>>
File: paradigmshattering.jpg (19KB, 189x300px) Image search: [Google]
paradigmshattering.jpg
19KB, 189x300px
> those hoes over there
>>
Whenever anyone talks about her in a sexual way on here there's always a response. Something like "stop" or "don't sexualize poppy". Try it out.
>>
>>19553286
whoa man i gonna view and comment on lots of videos right away and try out this weird trick
>>
>>19553286
>>19553300

Don't sexualize Poppy.
>>
>>19549960
I think that Titanic Sinclair with the clothes that make Poppy put in his videos are very significant, firstly I love some and then there are others that do not totally agree with the aesthetics of others but for some reason go hand in hand (for that I say some), this is because today we are with a fashion born of the internet that is based on previous phrases, for example: "Aesthetic" which is the most outstanding and a good example, which leads to that in coming years this goes to be something very significant, I think of it in 2030, except if it is to stop taking fashions from before and use them in the present, and what I mean by this is that Titanic Sinclair is trying to take a futuristic aesthetic with the designs and the ways in which this project "ThatPoopy" does since it has an indirect theme in fashion from 2000/2001 to 2011 and may be 2012 so that when those of 2026 (maso or less) ThatPoppy is going to be the first example in verse , also reflects in his music topics d 2014 onwards. Examples:
In the song "Interweb" has lights of colors turquoise, fuxia, yellow, etc. Dark ones that give in different sides of her. Marina and the diamonds have the same in their song "Froot" then TheWeekend also but as background and in it, follows the same palette of colors and the same use of lights, the last example I saw was of Abel Pintos in his presentation.
In the song "lets make a video" the quality of the video is very pixelated, a pixelaction of 2017 and the Aesthetic is characterized by poor quality but not aproposito and Poppy if it does so on purpose. The colors used in that video are similar to the pastel colors that are used a lot today as in tumblr and I see them in every clothing store. What impresses me most about this music video is that before I took out the video I listened to the audio and when it started I had an image at the head similar to the video, she in front of the mirror of great beauty watching.
>>
File: bearsternsbravo.png (287KB, 740x414px) Image search: [Google]
bearsternsbravo.png
287KB, 740x414px
:holds up sp0rk:
>>
File: titanicsinclair.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
titanicsinclair.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
So let's talk about Titanic Sinclair.

Which music video of his is your favorite?
>>
>>19553286
I want to lick her tiny butthole.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.