[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this symbol contain power? I'm not shitposting here,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: power.png (28KB, 406x517px) Image search: [Google]
power.png
28KB, 406x517px
Does this symbol contain power? I'm not shitposting here, it's been written by people all over the world that have had zero contact with the first world. There's something strange behind it.
>>
>>19529019
I fucking hate you OP
>>
>>19529019
I remember seeing it drawn on a school desk years before the internet meme culture exploded with the normies, just my 2 cents
>>
>>19529019
Just stop.
>>
>>19529035
>>19529048
is there a problem, gentlemen?
>>
>>19529019
Back in elementary, everyone said this was a gang sign. The only gang that starts with an S in my area is Sur 13, and they don't use that S.
>>
>>19529019

Honestly, it's a fair question. After a small amount of research, I can't find anything confirming where it came from. All I can find is a lot of things confirming where it DIDN'T come from.

The prevailing theories is that it's a Superman S, an early version of the Stussy logo, and some metal band symbol. The first two have been stated by DC and Stussy to NOT be associated with them. The third one is harder to confirm since there's no specific band to point to. But, you'd think that if there was a band famous enough to spread this thing, then someone would be able to find that band now.

So, it CLEARLY possesses a memetic power. That's not really what you're looking for as that's not really a POWER in the sense I think you meant. It's just something easy and satisfying to draw. So people draw it. Then, it spreads because other people see it. That's all I can imagine.
>>
>>19529019
it's literally a fucking meme. it just wasn't shared over the internet. Drawing three lines above each other and connecting them is intuitive. it's probably been drawn since the alphabet was invented.
>>
>>19529035
>>19529048
This is actually the first time I've ever seen anyone have a problem with this symbol.
How long has it been around and how wide is it's reach? If it was harmful wouldn't we have noticed by now?
>>
>>19529109
it's just an s dude. there is nothing creepy or paranormal about it. yes we would notice if it was harmful. which is why we think this thread is shit.
>>19529098
>>19529081
these anons nailed it.
>>
File: moeb_scr.jpg (54KB, 855x405px) Image search: [Google]
moeb_scr.jpg
54KB, 855x405px
>>19529081
mobius strip related perhaps
>>
>>19529019
It's derived from the Braille S
>>
>>19529019
OP thats the letter "B"
its the first initial for Bogdanoff
they created the symbol back in 1970 during a physics experiment studying parallel dimensions
>>
>>19529132
So are you shilling against the S or is this an autism thing? Because if it's the former, then you're not exactly talking people out of talking about the subject. If it's the latter, /x/ has plenty of interesting threads a person could join the conversation in.
>>
this symbol and its nature always makes me think of the collective consciousness, and the shilly "don't talk about this stupid shit" comments itt made me wonder if it has a greater power/meaning. I opened the pic and tried staring at it for a while and the lines started to dissort, not sure if its because of the fact that I'm doing it on a phone (has never happened though) or if it's a candlegazing, taking energy from an object via your eyes type of thing, maybe both. I think it would be best to stare at it on a piece of paper and not on a machine, however I feel kinda spooped to do it again desu tbqh
>>
>>19529142
the B looks twisted in ops pic because they were caught in a space time continuum vortex
>>
File: 36.6.2.gif (5KB, 302x416px) Image search: [Google]
36.6.2.gif
5KB, 302x416px
>>19529019
>>19529135
The sun orbits in a similar pattern. Maybe the symbol is just more sun worship.
>>
>>19529019
When I was a dumb middle schooler I used to have all kinds of dumb fantasies, like what if there was a "war" between the seventh graders and the sixth graders and shit. I would always associate this symbol with the bad guys for some reason.
>>
>>19529019
If it does, then I'm the most powerful person on earth because i drew it over and over in my notebooks in high school.

I also would try to recreate the Megadeth skull guy but I could never really get it right. So if he became a Tulpa because of my artwork, we're probably seeing some pretty retarded Vic Rattleheads running around.
>>
Nostalgic.
Did hank hill use propane to cook this symbol

As a kid in elementary. I loved drawing that. I drew it every were including the people I knew around me. Usually the students were acting like gangsters and such.....

Also. The paper clip. Forms the s shape and is worn as a neckless. Those who worn it...were speacialy people...mentally ill etc..

Th it does feel as if that logo was an experiment..

this is spoking m can't stop thinking about hank >.>
>>
>>19529555
holy shit, I drew the same fucking thing in high school.
>>
>>19529019

Nah. Its shit that high school kids drew in the 1980's.
>>
It's like Old English lettering or something. It's probably been around for a very long time, like another anon stated.
>>
If you apply a bit of that 'symbols hold power' theory to it, even if it was originally just teenager bullshit, it's probably pretty powerful by now.
>>
>>19529081
Thats a lie, I own a stussy shirt with those S logos on it. It's just a brand logo that got recognition because it was easy for middle school kids to draw
>>
It's obvious meaning is our collective subconscious connection to the universe as a whole. It's the infinity symbol, stylized and turned on it's side. Shows how we're all connected as the human race and continue to calculate the question.

Or it could just be a simple, stylized S that made us feel like artists.
>>
File: piglerig.png (141KB, 605x800px) Image search: [Google]
piglerig.png
141KB, 605x800px
The state of this board ladies and gentlemen.
>>
File: sbart.jpg (60KB, 750x747px) Image search: [Google]
sbart.jpg
60KB, 750x747px
>>
>>19529019
Oh yeah, that's my sigil. I forgot about that
>>
>>19529076
I was also told this. There aren't any gangs that start with s here and they wouldn't leaving their sign in elementary school classrooms even I they did.
>>
>>19531036
post the shirt or else fuck off
>>
>>19531073
>It's obvious meaning is our collective subconscious connection to the universe as a whole. It's the infinity symbol, stylized and turned on it's side. Shows how we're all connected as the human race and continue to calculate the question.
but the interesting thing to ponder about is if we can use this symbol to tap into that universal connection somehow, maybe obtaining knowledge or energy with it
>>
File: 71180241f3fb20ceb23e2f233596438c.png (171KB, 2480x1754px) Image search: [Google]
71180241f3fb20ceb23e2f233596438c.png
171KB, 2480x1754px
I've always thought it looked kinda like DNA. Maybe that is what it represents?
>>
>>19531100
This is actually the worst this board has ever been... Alternatives? This place is a cesspool.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.