[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a horror concept you'd like to see (That hasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15

File: Lovecraft4.jpg (231KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
Lovecraft4.jpg
231KB, 600x630px
>Also paranormal art thread.
>>
>>19526149
I want to see a more developed version of the usual psychological horror.
>>
File: i.png (106KB, 350x254px) Image search: [Google]
i.png
106KB, 350x254px
>>19526149
Every time you poop and look back in the toilet, the poop is gone!
>>
>>19526149

Seeing movie that is pointing out the insignificance of human race. That no matter how good or bad you are, it will never even matter.

Bullshit one: Having taste buds in ass.
>>
>>19526190
I 2nd that. No one has really seemed to capture the Lovecraftian philosophy on a grand scale in cinema quite yet.
>>
>>19526202
Yeah, especially whole Cthulhu mythos. Hopefully the videogame Call Of Cthulhu will even try to put the feeling of despair properly if nothing else.
>>
File: Alien2.jpg (437KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Alien2.jpg
437KB, 800x1131px
>>19526220
Couple Lovecraftian games coming. Check out Shadow over isolation, Crimson hills and Conarium if you haven't already:)
>>
>>19526190
Ooh yeah. Existential horror is the shit
>>
>>19526190
Your bullshit one made me think of this interesting short film called EAT MY SHIT.

https://youtu.be/UDOExyw8CBY
>>
>>19526202
The Thing did a pretty good job with that, in my opinion
>>
>>19526236
Are they all gonna be just walking simulators though?
>>
>>19526308
Walking sims. As in an immersive horror experience? What do you expect, a fucking 3rd person action RPG?
>>
>>19526190
>>19526202
pretentious garbage
>>
>>19526149
Something like a mix between lovecraft horror and the walking dead in a world overrun by monster and people gotta survive with magic and shit
>>
>>19526317
I expect a real video game, not a shitty movie.
>>
>>19526332
Except 1st person horror games are 1000x better than modern horror movies.
>>
>>19526332
What do you even expect from a horror game? What elements do you think are missing from modern horror games? Genuinely curious
>>
>>19526367
Resident Evil 1 is a good example of a well done horror game.
>>
>>19526378
Yeah and was working as a damn good franchise for 3 games. After that it got repetetive and boring shooter. Walking sims are boring, but it's the closest you can get to try to capture some kind of atmosphere.
>>
>>19526149
Something related to History.
A demon/entitiy attracted to massive deaths and conflicts:

- Romans, Crusaders or Conquistadores would think it's some kind of Gaullic/Saracen/Native magic related to Satan
- Mongols hordes/Peasants during the Black Death/French Soldiers at Verdun would see it devouring corpses they left behind
- The great empires like Persia, Russia (with Rasputin), Third Reich (SS pagans) or even modern USA would try to summon it.
>>
>>19526396
It got repetitive because it got milked too much, of course. Make a game similar to Penumbra and the old silent hills and you got yourself a scary time, scarier than any walking sim
>>
>>19526317
That other guy wasn't me, though I do support some of his sentiment.

What I expect is more than simply a walking simulator, or even a run and hide simulator. I expect choices which in turn leads to tension. I genuinely liked Amnesia, it had a good atmosphere and some cool puzzles, but the horror was lacking. It devolved into "Run and hide when you hear the scary noises." which gets old and stops being scary when it is the single course of action that you can take. I get that it is supposed to make you feel vulnerable, and to a certain degree helpless, but it doesn't after the first few times. It becomes routine. There is only flight.

A good horror game gives you the other half. Fight. And this is absolutely fundamental to producing a good horror experience. Of course you don't want to be an unstoppable killing machine, but removing the option of combat is even worse. Allowing the player to fight back crucially gives them agency, which leads to choice which leads to tension.

It goes from "Ooh I hear scary noises, lets hide in the nearest cupboard until they stop." into "Oh shit something is coming WHAT DO I DO?". Each option should be difficult and risky but they should be present. If I run it might catch me, if I hide it might find me, if I fight it might best me. And then the thing appears before you've had a chance to make your mind up and you shit your pants and panic.

And if it's simply a walking simulator then there's no danger at all.
>>
>>19526652
This is why sometimes games that fall outside of the classic "Horror" genre end up being better horror experiences. Things like Condemned or System Shock, even Thief give the player a sense of agency while still making them feel vulnerable. They have to choose a path. Even games that are in essense straight up shooters become scary because the combat is done correctly. Undying and F.E.A.R for example are pretty cut and dry FPS but give a vastly better horror experience than 95% of the modern horror genre.

Fortunately developers are beginning to recognise this and move back towards giving players options. Alien: Isolation was good in that it gave a variety of enemies and even against the alien you could fight back with the flamer. We also saw the new RE start to straddle the old way of doing things and the new and it was a much better experience because of it.

So, tl;dr
>I expect a real video game, not a shitty movie.
>>
>>19526149
Fallen reality

https://youtu.be/NrMqZg2sF2c
>>
File: IS7273M_WHT_F2.jpg (184KB, 1280x1634px) Image search: [Google]
IS7273M_WHT_F2.jpg
184KB, 1280x1634px
to me, the uncertainty of insanity is terrifying.

modern horror has done an atrocious job of portraying the insane as a bunch of antisocial edgelords who just like to kill people for no good reason.

I want to see a horror movie or video game from the perspective of an insane person, especially someone with paranoid schizophrenia.
not only that, I want to have a layer of uncertainty, the main protagonist wouldn't actually know if they're insane or if it's all a dream or it it's real and all of that makes the main character even more uncertain and gives them bad trust issues.

It might be cliche, but it's my opinion, so whatever
>>
>>19526679
Big fan of the F.E.A.R games, never played a game with such haunting atmosphere, and Alma is hot!
>>
>>19526847
I used to worry about schizophrenia but i got through the 20s and it abated. In my 40s now so its the usual body horror :cancer ,heart aneurysm,etc .
>>
>>19526149
Zombie aliens in the stone age.
>>
>>19526149
>The Eldritch abominations care and genuinely think their helping us.
Alternatively
>Alien race has one unified religion. Religion holds that you can get a better after life the more horrific your life and death are. Alien race is also extremely alturistic and caring. Decides to give the universes population a good after life by going full Vong/Reavers on a murder, torture, and rape spree.
>>
I haven't seen many books or movies that deal with whether aliens would even abide by human morals and values. Realistically Grey's wouldn't give a fuck about whether they were killing an adult or a baby, aliens should kill indiscriminately.
>>
>>19527012
That's p interesting. It'd make for a good short story, maybe. Gonna be thinking about that all night now
>>
>>19526149
I've had this story rolling around in my head like a movie script...

Normal town, normal people. But then fucked up things start happening and while they might scare people or make them sad, the real horror is that nobody thinks it's odd.

The gym teacher has everyone line up one day and executes them all one by one. They seem scared, even startled, but none of them run. Other students not in gym that day watch impassively, perhaps sadly as they eat lunch.

The lights flicker in the grocery store, and one of the clerks casually comments "whoops, better watch for that." It starts happening again but this time everyone tries to climb on something - a shopping cart, the checkout counter, etc... a few people with baskets don't make it and sink into the floor, as does a kid who slipped off the cart. When the lights stop flickering they're all chest or neck deep in solid concrete floor, dead. Mostly the staff just isn't sure how to handle the cleanup.

I have about a dozen more scenarios... But it ends with almost everyone dead, and the survivors twisted into strange beings enacting arcane rituals of mourning, loss, and despair for eternity.

Hmm. I should write that up properly...

Oh and be sure to cast Reece Witherspoon in the film adaptation ..
>>
A show for kids shown in children slot that sets out purely to scare kids in any and worst ways possible using animation, live action, stop motion whatever.
Using motion detector like Kinect or whatever it shows normal scenes whenever adults are watching.
>>
>>19526149
Alien movie where we go to an alien planet and kill all the aliens thinking that they would do the same to us, but it becomes increasingly apparent that we are the "bad aliens" and are acting just like the aliens from our own horror movies. This is just another colonization.
>>
File: 1502652495898.webm (3MB, 1280x674px) Image search: [Google]
1502652495898.webm
3MB, 1280x674px
>>19526190
There's no appeal to that. Most people experience this kind of dread through existencial crisis in teenage years. After you experience it the first time, it becomes less impressive the other times you're reminded about it.
>>
File: 1464307870057.jpg (59KB, 487x663px) Image search: [Google]
1464307870057.jpg
59KB, 487x663px
>>19526149
I think spirits of natural disasters still has enough room for more development.
>>
>>19528818
Honestly, I think this would work more for a black comedy rather than a horror movie
>>
>>19526847
>paranoid schizophrenic
Picture related is a good example of what it's like

Source: am one, demons
>>
>>19526149
Anybody else feel like horror is impossible to pull off, regardless of the creator? Maybe I'm just jaded, but I've never in my life read, seen, or played a horror related thing and thought to myself 'wow, that was good!'
>>
File: The Void.jpg (11KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
The Void.jpg
11KB, 182x268px
Sequel to The Void.
>>
>>19526847
Dead Space.
>>
File: Agony.jpg (62KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Agony.jpg
62KB, 1200x675px
The video game that was suppose to come out in June. Agony looks sick! Plot is you wake up in Hell; the environment you wouldn't believe! Shit is fucked up!
>>
>>19529289
I disagree, I know a lot of people who are too simple to have experienced any existential anxiety as teens. "Too simple" is the wrong term and sounds too deprecating but I'm at a loss of how else to describe it. I have a friend who is very simple, he just lives day to day and never thinks about anything existential at all. He just doesn't care. The only thing he concerns himself with are his immediate daily concerns. Now that I think about it though, people who haven't experienced existential dread as teens will probably not be interested in a film about existential horror, so you still have a point.
>>
File: 1502594498584.jpg (391KB, 1780x3249px) Image search: [Google]
1502594498584.jpg
391KB, 1780x3249px
>>19526325
Sounds awesome. I'd watch or read that.
>>
>>19529461
I understand what you're talking about. And still I think it's hard for any form of media to actually capture the feeling of dread and panic/anxiety you experience when you first think about how meaningless you are. It's more of a think that you have to experience first hand in order to get it.
>but Lovecraft
Yes, I agree Lovecraft often did a good job at *trying* to capture that feeling through his writing. But for me personally he never can quite get it. But hey, that could be just me.
>>
>>19529487
Plus, for me the best way to capture existential dread is not emphasise on how small humanity is, but rather how large is the thing humanity is compared to. Lovecraft (at least from what I remember reading) rarely focused on the insignificance of humanity, and instead gave attention to portraying as best as he could how massive and over powered the elder gods were.
>>
>>19528818
I can see this being made into a twisted short film.
>>
>>19528986
Kinda happens in the ender's game movie.
>>
File: Grim-reaper.png (152KB, 520x385px) Image search: [Google]
Grim-reaper.png
152KB, 520x385px
>>19526149
God is a ravenous, eldritch chasm and grim reapers harvest souls to feed to its gluttonous maw. Souls can survive after death, but the afterlife is oblivion within this cosmic beast, and mediums convincing ghosts to "cross over" is a death sentence.

Religion has only ever been a scam to convince mortals to accept their terrible fate.
>>
You die, you reincarnate as a monster, the more virtuous you were in your previous human life, the more powerful and evil a monster you reborn as.
>>
>>19526325
>>>19526149 (OP)
>Something like a mix between lovecraft horror and the walking dead in a world overrun by monster and people gotta survive with magic and shit
Doable with skyrim and mods
>>
>>19526308
If it's not exactly like Call of Halo: The Phantom Pain, it's a walking simulator and not a real video game. Am I right?
>>
>>19526679
You pretty much betrayed the fact that you really like FPS and action games with horror elements.

FEAR was a good FPS, but I wasn't the least bit scared. Outlast, on the other hand, had me shitting my pants.
>>
>>19530589

That's basically Berserk too
>>
>>19526396
resi 7 is genuinely good game and sometimes a little dcary, definitely tense as a virgin's asshole
>>
>>19526378
I love re1 as much as the next guy, but it definitely isn't that scary. Just fun for gameplay and good atmosphere.
>>
>>19527012
That'd be cool af.
>>
We need a worldwide War of the Worlds.
Like fucking Olson Welles did it but only knowing it was fiction at the ending.
>Yup, basically Bluebeam but as a social experiment
>>
>>19528818
Almost like We happy few. The game sucked but similar concept.
>>
>>19529356
Read some Junji Ito manga, Some HP Lovecraft short stories, And play Re1-4 and Silent hill 1-4
>>
>>19529389
They really nailed it with that thing didn't they?

>>19529405
I'm waiting for Scorn personally?
>>
>>19529405
Concept is great (Since no one's done it) but I can't help but feel this game will flop. Environmentally it looks great. But I have yet to see gameplay that genuinely induced FEAR in me. It's just a cliche looking hell with distorted walls and monsters.
>>
>>19529516
I think both are necessary. If you only focus on how big the universe is, it can be taken as more fascinating rather than terrifying. If you focus on how small humanity is, the simple masses will turn the cheek and go about living their mundane lives. But a good mix of both with emphasis on contrast and nihility would be ideal.
>>
Eldrich, but with fractals and pareidolia. I think Yume Nikki is the only media who's ever done something like that, as a jumpscare. It's like, a fear of having your visual perception and senses corrupted horribly into a fractal mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TZd95BCKMY
>>
>>19526190
Prince of Darkness

https://youtu.be/HYZIU1uIS2w
>>
>>19528818
Absolutely kino and original concept.

The horror is not in what happens, but in how the people react (or don't) to it. Never thought about that before.
>>
>>19529336
Nigger posting Naruto on /x/ as an example of schizophrenia
>>
File: 1499544709367.jpg (104KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
1499544709367.jpg
104KB, 640x853px
Monster movies that are actually good and have a in depth plot
>>
File: 1359040757742.jpg (94KB, 731x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1359040757742.jpg
94KB, 731x1024px
>>19528818
I've got several stories like that just by writing down details from dreams / nightmares after waking up.

My everyday imagination isn't very creative, but the fucked up imagery and scenarios that can occur in dreams is truly fascinating.
>>
>>19529356
There were a couple scenes in The Shining that were genuinely scary
>>
File: prattypratprat.jpg (32KB, 600x529px) Image search: [Google]
prattypratprat.jpg
32KB, 600x529px
>>19526149
Not sure if it exists or not, but I had a dream once where I was a scientist who built a computer that allowed me to upload my mind into a perfect simulation of my own office. Problem was that after testing the machine I couldn't tell if I were the original scientist or the upload, and couldn't be sure if I was at risk of a greater power shutting my world off at any moment.
>>
>>19527012
>The Eldritch abominations care and genuinely think their helping us.
First thing I thought is my canaries fluttering around in fear every time I put food in their bowl.
>>
>>19529356
the game dead space and the movie "it follows" were both genuinely scary for me the first time through, but I agree that practically nothing else is scary. I saw signs when I was 12 and though it was pretty scary.
>>
>>19529405

I busted a nut to the demon lady from the concept art back when it was first announced
>>
>>19526320
There's nothing pretentious about cosmic horror you retard, it's perfectly honest about being shameless pulp.
>>
>>19526149
someone gets transformed backwards into a cow and is forced to spit out shit for the rest of their life, stuck on the ass of an animal that does not understand the concept of his existence
>>
>>19526167
Ghost shit
>>
>>19526278
ok I watch it all the way through. I really wish i didnt though...
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.