[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's sad that this may be the only place that understands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

File: 1500845944171.jpg (432KB, 1260x1890px) Image search: [Google]
1500845944171.jpg
432KB, 1260x1890px
It's sad that this may be the only place that understands where I'm coming from when I ask:

What the fuck is with the recent trend in normalizing depression and suicidal thoughts? Yes, it's been a thing for a while, but has it ever been a major facet of the mainstream media, the way it is now?

The internet is filled with memes and ""jokes"" about LOLKILLMYSELF, "KYS" has become a throwaway internet slang, One of Netflix most popular original series was a series about a young girl who killed herself and how she was centralized as the protagonist for it.

The most disturbing thing was tonight while I was in my car, the local radio station that had two songs whose lyrics were both focused on suicide and depression. One song was a young woman saying how sad she was and how she is just going to let it all go so that those left behind will have to deal with it. The next was a rap song, where the chorus was just a guy saying "I want to be dead" over and over.

Those that are in power have an invested interest in the media. What is their end goal, here? I can't talk to anyone about this because they just look at me like I'm crazy. I somehow feel like there is a nefarious agenda here, but I can't explain it.
>>
>>19524281
This is a pretty easy solution if you put your mind to it and don't just throw it out to the internet for shits and giggles.

Have a think why being depressed is a thing and in the internet age, it get's made into a joke
>>
>>19524360
But why are there pop songs about it on the radio?

Why are there Netflix series written for teens that surround the topic?

Why is there a certain influx of content trying to normalize it and get it in the front of your mind?
>>
>>19524281
I seen a lot of big youtubers coming out with videos that have INTROVERT in the title lately.
I think we're just being shaped, like we've always been.
>>
As a teenager I'm totally scared of this. I'm dealing with suicidal thoughts and general nihilsm, but when I see like more than a half of my friends talking about killing themself like about what they've ate for breakfast I'm confused a bit.
>>
File: 920x920.jpg (62KB, 920x598px) Image search: [Google]
920x920.jpg
62KB, 920x598px
>>19524379
To cause more suicides and school shootings of course, haven;t you heard about the illuminati?
>>
>>19524385
But what'd they have from introvert society which is drowning deep into depression?
>>
>>19524281
Virtue signaling is all this is. Stay strong and live less in your aspirations
>>
>>19524281
I think this is more of a political realization than supernatural. Maybe make a thread on /pol/ about it desu famalam
>>
>>19524400
>>19524399
Thanks you guys.
>>
OP its nihilism catching hold which is absolute bullshit, but the masses are scared and willing to accept anything
>>
>>19524281
The elites decided We're too many on earth. They will encourage us to kill ourselves and towards unfertile (perverted) sexual acta like pedophilia (wich will be legalized) and homosexuality. If this isn't enought they will forcibly abort children like Obby Bobbit Obama's best friend allways wanted to do (see: http://zombietime.com/john_holdren/).
In short, screw them, marry young, stockpile weapons and impregnate your girl with 6-7 little assholes.
>>
>>19524379
Popularity on a subject.

The issue stems from the severe depression of a mass load of mostly young people struggling to find their way in a world based on the old energy their parents entertained and now they have very few options to express joy and interest.
They are severely limited and the stress this causes is immense and unbearable.

They get through life when they create social joy by interacting with each other over a shared emotion or energy like suicidal thoughts and a sense of hopeless depression.

It's just a gag that will run it's course like all others until they find a way to pick themselves up through it.

Learn the facts of life.
Jea de vivre is seriously handicapped.
>>
>>19524281
>Those that are in power have an invested interest in the media. What is their end goal, here? I can't talk to anyone about this because they just look at me like I'm crazy. I somehow feel like there is a nefarious agenda here, but I can't explain it.
I doubt the agenda is to make a lot of people kill themselves. The people in power can't exploit us if we're dead. In fact, I've heard some theories that in the past, the opposite happened. A lot of people were killing themselves to escape a shitty world and go somewhere else, so the elites started telling everyone that suicide was an unforgivable sin, because they needed people they could exploit to maintain their power and wealth.

>>19524414
Nihilism isn't really something that helps with fear. If anything, it creates more fear.
>>
>>19524281
I've actually mentioned this on x myself. I don't know in which direction its relates but a lot of young people I know suffer from depression and suicidal thoughts. I'm 20 and a junior in college and for 6 years now I've been talking friends off the ledge. I hang out with some edgy kids for sure but a lot of them are otherwise well adjusted/socialized they're just also depressed.

Thank god there's no useful information being passed around on how to successfully kill yourself. I have a friend that wouldn't be here today if she hadn't thought melatonin were the same thing sleeping pills and tried to kill herself by downing a bottle.
>>
>>19525264
>If anything, it creates more fear.
Damn, the joke I wanted to make here would just feed OP's paranoia.
>>
https://www.tumblr.com/tagged/hate-myself-lol
>>
Best case scenario: Nothing is happening, and it's all natural effect of the stress most of us are living in right now.
Worst case scenario: It's all manufactured as part of a long term plan for depopulation, or ethnic replacement.
>>
>>19524281

Something like this, I think, is just synchronicity and confirmation bias. If you look at the depression and suicide rates, they go up and down in a fairly stable pattern. This is just an up time.

OR, people are subconsciously aware of the Schumann resonance going to pure chaos in the last month+. It's causing more stress, and fucking with energy levels.

OR, people are spiritually awakening and not having direction. Sort of just feeling the void.

OR, chemicals in the water are fucking with brain chemistry.

I'm out of ORs right now.
>>
>>19524281

that rap song was actually saying "all my friends are dead" meaning he only has cash as his friend now (dead presidents)

but the suicide trend was brought on by rappers like Bones. then, Bones birthed $uicideboy$ and they brought suicide idealization to the masses on a much larger scale than Bones could
>>
>>19524281
>It's sad that this may be the only place that understands
What. Are you saying it's a conspiracy to make you come to /x/, or a conspiracy to make you sad?
>>
>>19524281
that's a really nice picture
>>
If everyone is just honest about how not happy they are then people won't feel so alone in their depression.
It's only natural.
>>
Uwaah I'm no longer a gloomy special snowflake
>>
>>19525702
Good job missing the point.
>>
File: 1503723445285.jpg (17KB, 185x228px) Image search: [Google]
1503723445285.jpg
17KB, 185x228px
>>19524281
>>19524379
>>19524385
>>19524386
>>19524390
>>19524477
>>19524481
>>19525493

If it was really a Cabal plan for depopulation, they wouldnt have to go through all this trouble to try and make people depressed. Life is already a miserable, hard slog with just trying to earn enough money to keep your head above water so they dont need subliminal messages in music to push people to kill themselves. The only reason the suicide rate isnt higher worldwide is a combination of our biological survival instinct to avoid physical pain at all costs and the fact that there is no safe, painless, failproof way to kill yourself.

If suicide pills were available to buy tommorow, they would be sold out within an hour. I think the OP and most people in this thread are still young and are still at the age where they are still happy and hopeful about their future and assume that working age people are the same way when in reality they are just treading water living lives of quiet desperation and misery. Theres a reason why alcohol is a thing worldwide.
>>
Its the post 9/11 cynicism
>>
>>19525723
I agree with this completely, the people that I know with suicidal thoughts don't just have them, they've got a million legitimate worries and existential dread.
>>
There is definitely something wrong with newer generations that is either influenced chemically or through the media. I know far too many 'depressed' young kids (10-15) who have no problems whatsoever but are convinced that they need to die and they are all into the same shit - whiny, Twenty-One Pilots esque music, Hot Topic, and young adult fiction like that City of Bones shit. I know correlation =/= causation, but it seems a bit weird, y'know?

I think >>19525723 has the right idea with the whole 'people are all somewhat depressed' thing but somewhat depressed =/= depressed to the point of attempting or legitimately considering suicide.
>>
>>19524281

Disconnection through overexposure. People are exposed to people and "people" (sitcoms, unrealistic situations, etc), and are programmed to treat other humans as non-human, to be self-centered and heartless rather than compassionate and harmonious. Generational domino chain to extinguish our species through self-destruction by turning us from social animals into anti-social animals.
>>
>>19524281
That Netflix series makes me actually angry. It makes me very mad. The protagonist in that show is a spineless pussy and the girl that killed herself is a dumb cunt who died for literary no reason other than "muh feelings"
>>
Well quite frankly more people are depressed and suicidal now. It's a sign of the times. But also, big pharma doesn't want people to be happy because then who would they sell their pills to?
I believe the depression epidemic is a natural response to the current state of our world, which people take advantage of and bury down with medication because the powers that be would rather die than fix the actual problems causing this.
Now there could be an even bigger reason for all this, but I don't have reason (yet) to believe there is, but I still wouldn't be surprised with how fucked up the elites are.
>>
>>19526399
God fuck that show. I watched it because I wanted to judge it and I can 100% say that show fucking sucks ass
They claim it's to raise awareness of bullying and suicide but if they actually gave a shit about real depressed/suicidal people they wouldn't have depicted half the shit they did. It was a sick fetishization of teen suicide made for the drama of it all, all for profit and ratings, not to help anyone. It's disgusting.
>>
File: mkultra3.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mkultra3.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
MK Ultra back at it again with the PSYOPs.
>>
>>19526374
>but somewhat depressed =/= depressed to the point of attempting or legitimately considering suicide

the only way to test that theory is to let the free market sell cyanide capsules and see what happens from there. I would bet that if there was an easy way out of life, many people would go for it.
>>
>>19524477
this guys got it right
>>
>>19524281
people have private sadness they don't share with others
the anonymity of the internet makes it easier to joke about
>>
>>19525655
I fucking love Bones. I don't listen to rap usually but if I'm in the mood I listen to him, I guess it's just his 'fuck it' attitude that I like. I hate $uicideboy$ though, they sound way to whiny.
>>
>>19525493
>Thank god there's no useful information being passed around on how to successfully kill yourself.
Yeah, instead we have people fucking up and mutilating themselves instead of killing themselves, because they don't have the right information.
>>
>>19525493
>>19528625
Can either of you tell me how to successfully and as painlessly as possible kill myself please
>>
HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KILLING YOURSELF AS IN ACTING ON IT

THEY NEED TO MAKE YOU FEEL THAT YOU ARE POWERLESS AND ALL the other humans are also powerless. They want you to know that the only powerful ones are the message givers. The TV, media, men in suits, w/e

what they are after is your submission. They want you to think that you are broken and only SOMEONE ELSE can fix it, and that someone else is them, or maybe nobody

anyway turn off your media or learn to not be affected by it
>>
>>19524281
um suicide has been around a long time as a motif. Read you some shakespeare.
>>
What's fucked up is that everyone leaps into action to stop someone from killing themselves, but people aren't so willing to stick around and help the person fix the things that made them want to die in the first place.
>>
This makes me think of how Keisha said she was forced to sing that song about dying young, and didn't actually write it herself. I don't think it's an accident that songs and movies come out with the same themes/words repeated.
>>
>>19528812
this post makes sense and i believe you
ive realized the point was to make us feel powerless a long time ago

the question i have for you is how do you avoid feeling worthless and powerless when you're constantly mistreated by jewish standards etc feminism modern perception of both genders, memes like manlet shit, race division etc

i feel powerless lately because as one who fits the "undesirable" image society paints of the average person now i get treated like shit and have no opportunities

what's the secret to excelling or at least not failing if youre not born into nobility
>>
>when you realize your existence has been psyop'd/a meme from the get go

how do you let go when the jew has burned powerlessness into your mind via mistreatment from others and time engraving "inferiority" in you, even your trannyism
when there are so many active elements forcing everyone into that direction with immediate perceived rewards once they submit

what do
>>
File: 1329806894914.jpg (109KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1329806894914.jpg
109KB, 500x484px
>>19528812
This. 100%
They're trying to tell you that you're worthless. Broken.
I've been watching it happen. Slowly. For years now, I guess. Damn.
How do you break the technojunkies habit??
Remember when the internet used to be an exciting place?
>>
>>19528917
well you can ignore it, umm like control your thoughts and emotions, only apply thought or emotion after you have willed yourself to. Also can use will to reject thoughts and emotions you do not want at the time

or you can transmute the negative energy into positive, and even feed off it, to get stronger, but this is a bad habit as it will make you dependent on it if you are not careful

usually dissociation is a first step, not taking reality so seriously, not projecting consequences after every turn as the projection will be different than the reality, esp in quality bc of the intent that you have put into the projection itsself

basically you have to start thinking like a combination of psychopath, schizo and autist

there is a reason society is taught to shun those. They are the only ones able to break out of the the control mechanisms'

most schizos get corrupted by forces that claim to be god, and then religion
most autists get corrupted by the logical circular science where nothing is permitted as it would counteract imaginary "laws or nature"
most psychopaths are corrupted by the allure of the lower emotions that encourage them to need to feel greed, lust and sadism, and they hurt people so they can feel that and get stuck in that parasitic cycle
>>
>>19524281
I think it's just how society is trying to normalize and incorporate the suicidal feelings that come with human existence. Not that everyone feels it, but enough people struggle with them that being able to joke about it is vaguely liberating.
>>
>>19528953
Also: I don't think it's the people that try to normalize suicide. That's against their interest of control. I actually think it's more of an emergent quality of the information age. When all is laid bare, stuff that we would otherwise hide bubbles up like this.
>>
>>19526438

Elaborate on what you think the bigger reason(s) might be if you would . not being a smart ass I'm truly curious.
>>
>>19528946
i think i have been doing like
the counter productive thing
my brain has been giving into the powerlessness vibe
and i really, really dig deep into myself with genuine self hate
things negative i say about myself that i exagerrate
often come to be as real as the exagerration in time

for example with my face, i have a huge insecurity about looking older than i should cus of wrinkles

i've defeated myself in my brain and i guess embrace the darkness and i shit you not the things i think that were exagerrations manifest into true reality

i even got some new wrinkles overnight once and for months straight ive had really focused negative thought

my problem is it is nearly inconcieveable for me to believe things to the same degree if im trying to say something positive about myself/will a good thing i dont expect to happen

>or you can transmute the negative energy into positive, and even feed off it, to get stronger, but this is a bad habit as it will make you dependent on it if you are not careful
elaborate more? i could REALLY benefit from knowing how to convert things
>had habit, depend
wym?

>usually dissociation is a first step, not taking reality so seriously, not projecting consequences after every turn as the projection will be different than the reality, esp in quality bc of the intent that you have put into the projection itsself

ive always disassociated very heavily, i think its worked gainst me though like ive said

> only apply thought or emotion after you have willed yourself to. Also can use will to reject thoughts and emotions you do not want at the time
very hard for me to attempt to try to like think about how id actually accomplish that

idk anon ym brain is very toxic honestly
>>
>>19528989
hmm well i only learned those skills after doing a shitload of acid, dmt, you name it, but the best things were all of a sudden becoming lucid on acid, in the middle of it, being able to focus wherever and oberve "reality". It was like becoming lucid in a dream all of a sudden.

I wasn't even that bad before like i had self esteem issues but i was so asleep i didnt even know i had them.

For you i think you kinda know this is all true cause like u said, youve made it work on the negative end of the spectrum. You need to wake up your bravery, lucidity and confidence, in small increments at a time but i don;t know about your personal life i mean how and when you'd do it. DESU i think you have to like make it so that it is in your blood. IF YOU seriously have the intention for self discovery and self empowerment then at every opportunity you will choose the path that will enable you to learn more. Studying people, studying your body your mind, examining everything like a detective, when u go out, when u are on drugs, when you are in work situations, when you are being brainwashed by the radio, when you talk to randoms. Try at first not to put pictures together, just catalog the data. For example. "I heard this conversation with X Y and Z and this and this was said." That's it. Good start and also will develop your memory, which is key.

You can become dependent on energy then to keep at your optimum state you will keep needing other peoples energy and you will forget how to create your own, and will end up in shit

Ok i'm over-extending myself but imagine this. Even if the world is fucked in a way, you are still you. I mean you still exist, you can still THINK whatever you want. That is waht they can not take away from you. YOUR IMAGINATION. YOUR THOUGHTS. they are the building blocks of reality, my friend, it is that what this matrix uses as fuel. And then uses against you to direct them in a way that they want to.So start being your own private detective.
>>
>>19528989

also have to learn to turn off fear. such as the big one, the fear of death. DEATH IS of the body, i mean how can you not exist?/ can you ever imagine not existing, how would that work? do u REMEMBER not existing?? how can non existence be possible, if existence exists?? when u sleep u always dreaming or like u know, u never remember the gaps between staying awake

be rational, see whats happening, override your fear, trust your bravery, shape the world as if it is a lucid dream
>>
>>19528942
lol it's funny, the control mechanism works so well
women do it to men too to dominate them

just stop caring about what other people think, bc if u think about it, why do they think what they think? why did u think what you thought? the key is that both you and the other ppl have been exposed to the social control mechanism

so what they think of you is inconsequential. what they say u should do is inconsequential
>>
>>19529087
I just want to thank you for posting in this thread, after a long enough time it can be easy to slip into forgetfulness about all these things and your posts have served as a healthy reminder that I sorely needed.
>>
>>19524281
I sort of believe you. My mind's been flooded with suicidal thoughts for years. And /b/ has those suicide threads all the time and I got nothing else to do but /b/rowse all day which doesn't help. What is more, they say that suicide rates are on the rise; that the so-called "deaths of despair" have reached the point of an epidemic.

On the other hand, could all of this be a confirmation bias on our part, OP? What if we are simply depressed and therefore sensitive to the trend (if the trend even exists). I mean, after all, only a dozen to couple dozen people out of *one hundred thousand* end their own lives. Sure, there's been a few celebrity suicides as of late but then again there has always been those. Talented people tend to be melancholic so that explains celeb suicides.
>>
>>19524281
its a psyop friend.

They are trying to make everyone insane, its the only way we will not grab pitchforks when the near future comes.

Get them all High, or Questioning their Race/Gender, Furious Zombies, or clinically depressed.
>>
I think the whole reason its becoming "normalized" is because people are trying to make it so that it is no longer a social stigma
>>
>>19529103
no worries m8 thank u for raising the important questions, everyone needs to see this, i like posting here and making threads and stuff, the responses here are mostly positive and genuine
>>
>>19524281
>get everyone on pills that cause cancer and numb you up
>on welfare/non productive mentally ill masses
>pretend race war dividing us
>no national language/culture
>middle class is dead, now only 2 classes: working and ruling
>easily controlled, pilled up mentally ill masses fighting each other while being kept content by mediocre entertainment forever
>>
>>19528812

This is the correct answer. The entire media is one giant demoralization psy-op. They want the masses weak and demoralized so that we don't rise up against them.
>>
>>19528747
Melatonin makes you sleep, so take a whole bottle and you'll sleep forever.
>>
>>19524281
Great influx of depression/suicidal people because the economony took a big dookie.
>>
>>19528747
Melatonin in high doses just fucks with your sleep cycles hardcore, even permanently.

There's a lot of information but nobody can legally give a straight up how-to. But there are books on the topic. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Peaceful_Pill_Handbook
>>
>>19528900
This thread made me think the exact same thing
>>
>>19528931
Go hermit mode
Become selective about what programming you receive and what programming you don't
Hopefully your compass isn't so fucked that you can still do this
Start watching/reading/doing cool shit that aligns with the values you want to have, once you soak it up like a sponge you can try to enact it, but in all seriousness it will always be too fragile to withstand the tension of sociality.
>>
>>19524281
>What the fuck is with the recent trend in normalizing depression and suicidal thoughts?
it's called "class warfare," it happens because now Instagram exists to show the worker ants how much their lives suck compared to the owner ants; the media has to make the worker ants feel like it's normal
>>
>>19528843
>um

I hate you
>>
>>19529149
This.
>>
>>19524281
I recently started watching tv again out of boredom and just about every had is straight up about sex. Really weirds me out that kids are oblivious to how not normal it is..
>>
>>19525931

and are attention whores, even among anonymous people in basket weaving image boards
>>
>>19524281
depressed people in the USA/west simply need some perspective on the world

they are sheltered, and consume too much media
>>
>>19524281
Because people just go around parading their feelings without any bit of shame. You will notice that this only happens with women or weak men. Normal men just keep bad thought and feelings inside as they should instead of showing them off like whores.
>>
>>19530764
What an ironic post
>>
>>19529044
>>19529060
hey friend i fell asleep last night i hope youre still here

>acid, dmt
i could probably get those but honestly ive feared doing them because of how toxic i know my brain is

i mean fuck. this is kind of ugh

do you have skype or disc? i think i could describe things better on one of those than a post

>do you remember not existing?
i actually do dude
i remember the moment my soul traveled to my body, i relaly do
>>
>>19530523
>Hopefully your compass isn't so fucked that you can still do this
idk i think it is
r9k has convinced me im below garbage because of things i cant control
>>
>>19528747
CO poisoning. Car in garage
>>
>>19532656
That doesn't work anyone car companies sabotaged that after like the 90s
>>
>>19532625
thats good, you see your consciousness existed sans body. I don't wanna say external drugs are mandatory. When you encounter situations way out of your comfort zone in reality with "no way out", things will kick in. And physical death is one of them. Make or link a discord if u want if u are still here.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.