[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are spiritual folk so smug and condescending? they act like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: 1504181146496.png (47KB, 916x910px) Image search: [Google]
1504181146496.png
47KB, 916x910px
why are spiritual folk so smug and condescending?

they act like everyone but them is basically a clue neanderthal....they're worst than cyclists.
>>
>>19521310
I haven't had that experience with Buddhist monks. Stayed at a Mahāyāna Buddhist temple for a few days, they were some of the happiest-looking spiritualists I've seen. At least the men.
>>
I'm only smug and condescending on the internet.
>>
>>19521310
because everything is meaningless

people tend to look smug when they dont smile
>>
>>19521310
>why are mechanics so smug and condescending? They act like they are the only ones that can fix cars!
>why are mechanics so smug and condescending? They act like they are the only ones that can fix cars!
>why are astronauts so smug and condescending? They act like they are the only ones that know whats its like to travel through space!
>etc etc etc
-t triggered brainlet
>>
>>19521667
>t.triggered faggot
>>
>>19521310
It's because we have to deal with people like you. You're dreary, you smell off, you leak uncontrollled weird sexual energy and have a dense, unpleasant aura full of negativity.
>>
>>19522332
or you could just not.
>>
>>19522332
holy shit
>>
>>19521310

Generalization thread. Ignore.
>>
File: 1446532061802.gif (987KB, 229x176px) Image search: [Google]
1446532061802.gif
987KB, 229x176px
>>19522332
K E K
>>
>>19521310
they interrupt the need for evidence as closed mindedness for whatever reason. which is pretty ironic actually, considering the majority of the population is either religious or spiritual, so in reality, its actually the atheists and the scientific thinkers who are open minded because they're the minority who wants to open their minds up and see things differently than they have the past 30,000 years.

>omg, you want a Star Trek-esque utopian future where there's little to no discrimination and all of humanity is working toward a common goal instead of sending planes into buildings for their magic sky god? how closed minded of you! idiot!

its like we're in bizarro world or some shit.
>>
File: 1453848810817.gif (2MB, 359x346px) Image search: [Google]
1453848810817.gif
2MB, 359x346px
>>19523024
keep up the good work
>>
File: buddha017.jpg (75KB, 250x335px) Image search: [Google]
buddha017.jpg
75KB, 250x335px
>>19521310
If they're smug and condescending, they're not truly spiritual. Or you're misunderstanding them.

Hard to tell. I don't know what kind of people you've encountered, or what kind of person you are.
>>
>>19521310
Everypne should keep learning new words. Some people stop and when tjey do that they gotta defend their ignorance.
>>
File: tiers of awakening.png (339KB, 2000x2368px) Image search: [Google]
tiers of awakening.png
339KB, 2000x2368px
>>19521310

Ideological possession perhaps?
They have built up a model of reality that explains everything and are now always right, because they can play word games to fit any challenge into it.
This ends the need and desire for improvement and therefore humility.

Sad fate oh hubris.
>>
>>19521310

NO ONE IS WORSE THAN CYCLISTS

WHY DO THEY FEEL THE NEED TO NOT STOP AT FUCKING STOP SIGNS!?
>>
>>19524514
underrated post
>>
File: pepe Horus.jpg (114KB, 852x937px) Image search: [Google]
pepe Horus.jpg
114KB, 852x937px
>>19521310
Because if we compare religion/spirituality to school its like certain people have the equivalent of Bachelors degrees, Masters, PHD and we live amongst a bunch of kindergarteners.

>Imagine having to live amongst a bunch of retards; yeah not fun.
>>
>>19523024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKfGC3P9KoQ

Here is your evidence, deny it in a mad rage.
>>
>>19521310
Heredity; bloodline; Like yours
>>
>>19521310
You're kidding right? There are none more condescending than atheists. Yes some spiritual people are smug, but all atheists are.
>>
File: duc.jpg (29KB, 357x384px) Image search: [Google]
duc.jpg
29KB, 357x384px
>>19521310

Depends on what you mean by spiritual. If you mean folk using mediation and esoteric aesthetics to find "enlightenment," they are annoying for the same reason babbis first materialist logic atheists are annoying. It's all a way of worshiping your own asshole, hence the disdain for le dum normies

One sees himself as a character in a lovecraft fiction, and the other sees himself as a character in star trek. Protagonists don't have time or patience for useless side characters, and those side characters probably don't even know they accidentally aid the antagonist. Dumb normies!
>>
>>19521310
I haven't found that to be the case. In my experience, it's the atheists who tend to be smug and condescending and look down on people who don't agree with them.
>>
>>19523024
>omg, you want a Star Trek-esque utopian future where there's little to no discrimination and all of humanity is working toward a common goal
The entire human race isn't all going to work toward a single goal, because people are individuals and have individual interests. The only way you might get them to all work on the same thing is to indoctrinate them, just like fundamentalists do. You bring up Star Trek, but honestly, the Federation can be pretty dogmatic, and Roddenberry had some pretty fucked up ideas as well, like the belief that children in the future won't be upset if their parents die.
>>
>>19525214
I recall 2 episodes from the next generation where that's blatantly not true. I'm guessing you don't know what you're talking about

The federation can be quite authoritarian sure but in like every 2 episodes they end up breaking the prime directives. That's to show sometimes insubordination is required to do what's right
>>
>they're worst than cyclists
I'm a cyclist and even I hate cyclists (not only because I hate myself but because we cyclists really are cunts while on the seat)
>>
>>19521465
Say that to my face fucker see what happens m8, I'm fuckin jacked
>>
>>19525214
Nigger it's better to try for solidarity than sit in our little tribes and masturbate until the asteroid comes and obliterates us.
>>
>>19522185
Real good retort there. You showed him, champ
>>
Cyclists?
>>
>>19521310
>why are spiritual folk so smug and condescending?

I've found materialists to be much much worse in that regard.
>>
>>19521310

>i don't understand irony
>>
>>19521310

A man with a little bit of knowledge is often the loudest. A man with a lot of knowledge often shuts the fuck up because he knows how little he really knows. If you're judging by the loudest ones in the crowd you're naturally going to have a skewed perception, bruh. It's a part of growing, like how young people act like King Shit adults and are super duper cereal. Actual adults don't give two fucks and just do their shit.
>>
>>19521310
Where is this meme from?
>>
>>19526340
Of course we should work together when something really serious, like a natural disaster, demands our attention. But people aren't all going to have the same goals under normal circumstances.
>>
>>19521310
Depends. Taoist communities can be real dicks, but that's how you know who is full of shit and who actually lives the stuff
>>
>labelling people as "cyclists"
You must be obese
>>
>>19521667
>>19522332
>>19524962
>I am better than everyone else because my ideology says so
>>
>>19521310
Not as bad as atheists.

"Actually your delusions of a so called higher power are not accurate per se and further the mind of a deity would be eclipsed by that which I possess, as Nietzsche hath once said (goes on for 10 paragraphs in this manner)"
>>
>>19523024
Holy shit how many shekels do they pay you per post? Tell me how you feel about Kalergi and the foundation of the EU for the purpose of encouraging racemixing and forcing a world government.

Lemme see dat ass justifyfyfy on the pole. Work the pole for your shekels.
>>
>>19523024
There's only one utopian bit about Star Trek. And it's best explained in joke form:

Shatner is having a drink in an airport bar when a muslim man recognizes him. Muslim gives him the "cool to meet you" routine and gets a picture with him and etc.

"Before I go, I have to ask you something. Star Trek had white people, asians, black people, but why weren't there any muslims?"

Shatner replied: "it's set in the future"
>>
>>19521310
Because it's all they have. They're not particularly smart. Their conclusions are all made up. Everyone wants to feel important and knowledgeable, but they're about as intellectually capable as the type of person who falls for Herbal Supplement programs and starts selling them to their friends and family. They have no real skills, so this is basically what they do.

So they recycle a bunch of nonsense they read from such dunsky A and B, then mix it up with Schlubby Joe to make it seem like it's their own.

But none of it makes any sense or impact. But you get a group of 40 to 200 people who believe your stupidity, and for a while,that's enough to cover your rent. And as a Spiritual person, that's enough.

But eventually they just become those old kooks you run into in your apartment building whereyou'll give actual money to not have to deal with them. And they die penniless, insane and alone.
>>
>>19524514
this.
>>
>>19524514
Muh "no true scotsman"

This is the smugness OP meant.
"My people are above that"
Riiiight
>>
>>19521310
why are non-spiritual folk so smug and condescending?

they act like everyone but them is basically a clue neanderthal....they're worst than motorists.
>>
because sometimes smug is the only emotion you have left. if you have surpassed a lot of the "babby's first emotional tantrum" phase of human experience, then you'll see through a lot of what upsets people, what people bitch about, what people whine and complain about, what people raise their voice about, what people commit violence about, etc etc etc.

you can be smug in the sense that you are higher than those "primitive" impulses. much in the way an adult angers a child by laughing at their frustration. WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING!! IT'S NOT FUNNY !!!! REEEEEE!
>>
>>19529732
Not to mention the strawmanning and the apparent inability to conceive of God as anything other than a literal bearded old man living in the sky.
>>
>>19521310
Usually one of four reasons:
1. A feeling of elitism. They got somewhere or are just feeling good about themselves since they know something others don't. Ego gets big.

2. They are pissed off at people who treat what they seriously study as some sort of "whoa man, funny stuff" petty entertainment.

3. They annoyed and tired of people that think they're on the same level, kinda insulting their field of expertise "oh, magic, right? I once done that LBRP thing when high and then Dumbledore shown up and talked to me, dude".

4. They realize there's plenty of cancer and are annoyed by ignorant people propagating that cancer. "Yeah, man, chakras are awesome. I am now using ouija board to talk with devils so they can get me a few demonic chakras and then I can cast omega dark magic with them!"

I confess I got annoyed myself when some obvious LARPers, going all emo and with intentionally cryptic, vague bullshit shown up with claims to be some mythical characters or whatnot. It's like if you'd be a hardworking scholar of history and then someone would come up to you an be like "yeah, world wars didn't happen, it was just a lie made up by white man to confuse other people while they were enslaving highly technologically advanced black kangz, all during prehistory, since white man needed black kangz technology to defend their caves against dinosaurs". It may be amusing once or twice but when you see such crap regularly, it may start to wear you out.
>>
>>19529897
And now I thought of fifth reason: They're actually not really that smug, they're just serious, direct, not wanting to play around and it's the other person who got offended, usually because they got set straight rather than had their fantasies indulged. Tough love.
>>
File: yoda-advice-featured-1.jpg (171KB, 1536x864px) Image search: [Google]
yoda-advice-featured-1.jpg
171KB, 1536x864px
>>19529774
>Muh "no true scotsman"
>"My people are above that"
Dude. Nobody's "above" anything. My point is that if you're distracted with what people think, even going so far as to posture and get all pompous about it, then you're not focusing on your spirituality. You're focusing on everybody else, and yourself in comparison to them. That's not spirituality. That's ego.
>>
File: Sphinx-Mystery-Men-Wes-Studi.jpg (68KB, 500x583px) Image search: [Google]
Sphinx-Mystery-Men-Wes-Studi.jpg
68KB, 500x583px
>>19529897
>intentionally cryptic, vague bullshit
I fucking hate that. Though I think there is also a trouble with language barriers, in some cases. Like when New Agers say "vibration," but they don't actually mean vibration. And sometimes things are very straightforward (like the "no mind" of Zen) and people are trying to overthink it and presume it means something far more complex than it really is.

But sometimes people are just being unnecessarily vague to act like they know something they don't.
>>
>>19529753
I get it, but the real reason is that there aren't any Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, or anything else either. Officially, every human in Star Trek is an atheist.
>>
>>19530087
>Though I think there is also a trouble with language barriers
Some of it, yes, but usually it's not language barrier but someone hitting pretentious tones in attempt to be mysterious and overall edgy. There was this thread of a guy claiming to be one of the horsemen of apocalypse, he and another namefag then shat up the whole thread with lines on the level of "I'm so broken, into thousands of tiny pieces.. my fluttering wings of darkness only bring me misery in my power" emo crap. Bonus hilarity ensued when at some point someone pointed out that half of this shit is literally ripped from some edgy Harry Potter fanfic. Again, it may be pretty funny troll once or twice but when you stumble upon such shit regularly, it loses all the appeal.
>>
jesus christ, the community on this board is worse than the youtube comments. this shit is worse than /b/. everyone is a pompous idiot. either im too stupid and closed minded to understand "the truth" or im too stupid to see there is no "truth". the "truth" is none of this matter and you're all wasting your lives larping and debating philosphy, both of which ultimately end up with people literally knowing less than they did before. some retard is going to tell me "you're stupid, you can't even form a grammaticaly correct sentence" Well, retards, effort =/= intelligence =/= enlightenment. we're all idiots and always will be. true understanding lies in factual fields of study such as astrophysics or quantum theory. nothing esoteric will actually help you in life, EVER. it's make believe. and hey, god might exist somewhere out there, probably even does, but who the fuck are you retards to tell ANYONE if it does and what it's like? YOU DON'T KNOW! YOU ARE AS STUPID AS THE PEOPLE YOU LOOK DOWN ON!
>>
>>19529774
You're right, broad sweeping generalizations with no chance to defend oneself is much better
>>
>>19530503
>debating philosophy
>knowing less than they did before
"All I know is that I know nothing"
>>
Not to de-rail this thread but.. cyclists and cross country skiers who wear spandex are among the most arrogant, obnoxious, and over-privileged people you will ever meet.
>>
>>19530518
lol i feel stupid now. but that's not what i meant, i was speaking of people narrowing their worldview and discarding possibly valuable theories and discussions because of a feeling of superiority or a feeling of incapability to understand. however, i believe the ultimate redpill is that statement. "All I know is I know nothing." if more people on this board thought this way, meaningful discussion would suret ensue. thats just my limited opinion though.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.