[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I might be "the main character" by virtue of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1013.gif (2MB, 331x248px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1013.gif
2MB, 331x248px
I think I might be "the main character" by virtue of the fact that I have no evidence that anyone else is but plenty that I am because I know I'm conscious. What do you think?
>>
>>19520980
>by virtue of the fact that I have no evidence that anyone else is but plenty that I am because I know I'm conscious.
Main character wouldn't write a sentence that retarded.
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>19520980
For the life of me, why would any main role character in life shitpost here. Especially post a pic of themselves looking like the all American \b\ tard. Please answer me
>>
>>19521000
It probably went over your head.
>>
>>19521042
No, you retard. You're saying that you have evidence that you are conscious, but no evidence that anyone else is. You just can't speak English because you're a failed retard NPC. Neck yourself.
>>
>>19521049
Never mind. It totally went over your head.
>>
>>19520980
Snausages
>>
>>19521042
>>19521052
>N-no u!
>>
>>19521068
All these brainlets trying to one up me. I'm audibly loling.
>>
>>19520980
fuck you op im the main character
>>
>>19521079
>L-look at you guys! Y-you're stupid! Haha! laughing so hard right now!
>>
>>19521088
>I can't accept I'm losing and looking stupid in front of strangers so I'll pretend I'm psychic
Sad.
>>
>>19521088
>>19521100
Autism autism everywhere it's like a cancer and I must respond.
>>
I laughed at 76% of this thread.
>>
Whatever makes you sleep dude
>>
>>19521100
How is anyone "losing" against you? You aren't even arguing you were just being butthurt that people are making fun of you.

Your whole concept of "main character and NPC's" is taken from video games and as such is childish at best.

You are the "main character" of your own subjective reality. That much is true. But if you paid attention to anything in your life you'd realise that there is undeniably an objective reality behind your own limited perception.

The world doesn't revolve around you.
You're not special.
Grow up.
>>
>>19520980
Because to be a main character, there have to be other characters.

The fact that you have no evidence that not only anyone else is a main character, you also have no evidence that anyone else even exists. For all you know, you're but a brain in a jar, getting fed information.
>>
>>19521183
>and as such is childish at best
What a pseud you are. You talk like Elliot Rodger.
>>
>>19521189
>>19521183 is spot on, though. OP started this thread as if he just birthed Solipsism. That's true pseud behavior.
>>
>>19521203
The only spot he's on is a sun spot which has fried his brain.
>>
It makes sense. You really don't know if anyone else really exists or if it's all in your head. But you know for a fact that you are real.
>>
>>19521213
You're probably a big fan of video games. I'll admit, equating video game mentality to being childish is fallacious, but his third line was irrefutable.
>>
>>19521223
Tell me Descartes, how do you know for a fact you are real?
>>
>>19521234
No, he's a brainlet. If doesn't even consider that his life may be something other than he thinks it is. He's a mental midget. I'm a towering intellectual with a truly enquiring mind and I know shit from shinola. You're wasting my time.
>>
>>19521239
You probably don't even believe in God so don't bring up Descartes.
>>
>>19521189
>>19521213
Those are both just ad hominems.

No argument what-so-ever.
8 year olds tend to do that when they hear something they don't like.

But go ahead, just call me stupid. That's how you will prove me wrong.
>>
>>19521246
>H-he's a loser because he disagree's with me!
>I am enlightened by my intelligence!

Top kek dude, you're a joke! Take your pills moron.
>>
>>19521239
The fact that I can perceive all of this tells me that my consciousness exists. But I have no evedence that I have a body, or that you're real. For all I know, I could be a floating cloud of nothing SS with a conscious. That thinks I'm human and all of this is happening.
Make sense?
>>
>>19521255
What a little snivelling retard you are.
>>19521270
You're even worse.
>>
>>19521246
Every single one of your posts was you going into tantrums like a baby when someone challenges what you believe.

You didn't make one coherent argument. Learn how to make conversation like an adult, little boy!

>>19521278

You've proven you're a true intellectual :^)
>>
>>19521246
homie i wasn't referring to OP
>>
>>19521252
well i do so answer my question
>>
>>19521271
i'm familiar with the theory, but i wonder why you trust your perception as proof for existence but are more dubious of physical proof. i took a class on descartes, so i know that's what he did, but do you really feel the same way or are you just following his lead?
>>
>>19520980
solipsism
>>
>>19521285
>>19521298
>>19521303
All these tards. What's the matter, mommy didn't give you any apple juice?
>>
>>19521349
You're just proving my point by acting like this.
>>
>>19521376
Face it son, you got keked at by everyone reading this thread.
>>
>>19521380
Hey, you're the moron who think he's the main character of Reality.

If anyone is getting "keked" it's you.

Unless this is all missunderstandment and you aren't OP to begin with.
>>
>>19521399
Misunderstandment was bait but I'm pretty sure you're a big enough faggot to give reality a capital r. Kek
>>
>>19520980
belief in a main character means you still view reality as a linear sequence of events, a story

reality is everything that happened yesterday across the entire planet, every living things, all at once
human perception of reality is the 5oclock news

our minds can only handle targeted information, limited scope, linear sequences

you can't be a main character because compared to the full scope of reality, you not only don't matter, but you barely exist at all
>>
>>19521439
The capital "R" is just an autocorrect from my german keyboard. Didn't correct it and haven't cared enough to disable it.
>>
>>19520980
Pretty sure I'm the main character. I'll join your party though, for now.
>>
>>19521511
Whatever man. I just had an epiphany that makes all this nonsense seem arbitrary.
>>
>>19521525
Mind sharing your epiphany? I'm curious.
>>
>>19521539
Yeah. Ur gay
>>
>>19520980
subject of his own view. irony.
>>
>>19521559
Mature
>>
>>19520980
The fact of you feeling the main character is good. But remember there are many main characters in the story and you are not alone. In the end if you meet these other main characters you won't feel that special, but you will feel that together you are very special and you move from there.
>>
>>19520980
Literally half of the kids believes in this at some point.
>>
>>19521702
the way OP acted in this thread tells me thst he might be an underaged kid desu
>>
thing is, almost everyone thinks the same as you do, and the people who don't, they just don't care about life as much as you do.

point is; is everyone the MC of their own life? of course.
>>
>>19520980
Main character wouldn't be that ugly, or out of shape.
>>
>>19520980
The main Character is God. And God knows how to be quietly invisible until the correct scene comes. Then he makes his entrance, in grandiose fashion.

That makes all, just pieces in a grand play, that none of us will ever understand.
>>
>>19520980
Cogito ergo sum.
You aren't the first person who posed this idea.
>>
I used to have those same thoughts when I was 6, just not as gay
It's called solipsism, you'll grow out of it
>>
everyone is "the main character". Everyone feels as if they are the center of the universe, because that is how human consciousness is.

I know Vsauce is probably the worst source to prove my point, but here is a very interesting video that might help you understand the notion of what i'm saying.

https://youtu.be/o268qbb_0BM

I'm sorry if this is the wrong video, I'm very tired rn aha.
>>
Yeah I know that feel.

My dad told me he had that feel as a kid before I ever told him I'd thought something like that.

Lots of people feel this way. But as individuals we have to way of knowing if everyone else is all part of it.
>>
>>19520980
I'm evidence that you're not. However, you're not evidence that I'm not. Everyone is in their own head. Unless I'm the only real person, at which point I need to learn the chest codes to this game.

That's how it works bro. You can take my word for it, but you won't. Maybe we're the only two sent isn't beings alive, but probably not. I wouldn't care though unless you're a cute girl.
>>
>>19521559
Fukin lol
>>
>>19520980
there is no difference between "main character" or "not main character"

the experience is the same

always
no matter what

this itself is western paradigm OBJECT SUBJECT

this consciousness itself is how you know that you know, you don't get a guarantee of the objects of what you think you know.
it doesn't matter that there are 'others' this is a complete distraction the world is playing on you to not dig deeper
>>
>>19520980
So what. Youll die. The grass was greener before you were born.
>>
>>19520980
>>19524453
main character is a label you put onto your personal experience of agency within life. of course this agency is your self awareness, but its only tied to things through repetitive conditioning
>>
anyone else here love to smoke weed?
>>
File: 1495642983067.gif (2MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1495642983067.gif
2MB, 384x216px
>>19524518
421 blz it.
Like ya cringe threads kids.
Keep it up.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.