[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1946 - 1956 Why is this decade so important?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: people21nov-image-53-890198203.jpg (34KB, 615x397px) Image search: [Google]
people21nov-image-53-890198203.jpg
34KB, 615x397px
What's the craziest /x/ worthy shit that went down in the years between '46 and '56?
>>
File: alienpizza.jpg (52KB, 800x777px) Image search: [Google]
alienpizza.jpg
52KB, 800x777px
>>19518133
roswell '47 the classic
>>
>>19518141
I hear a fair few things about Roswell. UFO crash, portal to other dimension found and opened etc etc... What's the real truth of the matter?
>>
>>19518133
in 1951, Bill Barilko disappeared that summer - he was on a fishing trip. The last goal he ever scored (in overtime) won the Leafs the cup. they wouldn't win another until 1962, the year he was discovered.
>>
>>19518151
something crashed outside of roswell new mexico and debris was found by some farmer. this was collected by the military. the initial story was reported that a flying disc crashed, but this was quickly corrected.

it was either a weather baloon, some other top secret baloon based recon craft, or a fucking UFO with aliens and shit that were carted away to groom lake.

theres a UFO museum in roswell NM that has all sorts of stuff about it. it's pretty neat.
>>
>>19518195
nice one. never knew that
In late 1946 i think, the nag hammadi texts were discovered... suspected to be from the great library of alexandria
>>
>>19518198
GG on the info. thanks
>>
dead sea scrolls 1947, john c. trever interviewed the men who found it, in march 1948...
LET'S WIKI
>>
>>19518195
too hip for /x/ bro
>>
>>19518339
gimme something trippy
>>
>>19518356
They don't know how old I am
They found armour in my belly, from a sixteenth century conquistador, I think...
>>
>>19518371
Oddly specific. perhaps that requires some afterthought?
>>
>>19518198
That crash is actually how the u.s found out about emp,how to make blackbirds (the fastest jet made)Kevlar, nightvision and probably some other things I forgot
>>
>>19518224
>nice one. never knew that
truth be told I stole it from a hockey card
>>
>>19518430
It's a monumental big screen kiss - it's so deep it's meaningless.
>>
>>19518339
haha, guess I'm just ahead by a century
>>
File: DCyQTCIXoAEjUnq.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
DCyQTCIXoAEjUnq.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>19518486
go back to the future, will ya?
>holyshit.jpg
>>
>>19518486
Our conversation is as faint as a sound in my memory, as those fingernails scratching on my hull
>>
>>19518151
I've researched Roswell a lot, it's very interesting although I can't say I'm convinced it was an ET UFO. A lot of stories of supposed witnesses of alien bodies and materials conflict with each other, and often they brought up new details and changed things in later interviews than what they stated earlier. Of course maybe there was a lot of manipulation by the government if it was actually a UFO, but I think the most likely scenario is that it was a downed government device or aircraft, likely the stated nuclear detection device but possibly something still hidden. I don't think it's unlikely that some lowly officer falsely stated that it was a downed UFO and it all blew out of proportion.

There are more compelling possible UFO evidence such as the Japan Airlines Flight.
>>
>>19518564
sry this is a tragically hip thread now
>>
>>19518151
basically your grandma spread her legs and squirted out so much higgs bossom that your grandpa's brother had to join in.
>>
>>19518133

Korean war
Malaysia/indonesia
Algeria/vietnam uprisings against French
Suez crisis
1953 iran coup
Space rAce
>>
>Eleven years ago, Ken presented a radio series called Welcome To Mars, his reflections on the "fantasy of science in the early years of the American Century." In this unscripted, engaging, and mind-bending series Ken connects the dots between nuclear war, LSD, flying saucers, the occult, weird science, B movies, and the birth of the space age.

1947-59 is his range.

https://archive.org/details/Welcome_to_Mars
>>
>why did so much change in the period following WW2
I wonder.
>>
Lots and lost of german researchers defected either to the west or were captured and used by the soviets
Good ol' paperclip.
>>
>>19518133
Well the black budget projects apparently exploded in size and scope enough to warrant President (and retired five star general) Eisenhower to warn against the uncontrolled expansion of the MIC as he himself as president was evidently no longer in the loop.
>>
File: nuke.png (10KB, 198x665px) Image search: [Google]
nuke.png
10KB, 198x665px
maybe not too relevant, but there were quite a few

nook-yoo-lar tests
>>
File: unrelated pic.jpg (40KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
unrelated pic.jpg
40KB, 736x552px
my grandpa told me a fucked up story about when he was in New Mexico back in the 50's...
Told me he was driving down the highway when he saw a figure standing in the middle of the road. He stopped, and according to him, a bald humanoid figure wearing metallic, shimmering clothing was standing there, holding up his hand in a "stop" gesture. He cautiously got out to see what this strangely dressed man wanted, but when he spoke to him, he talked in beautiful poetry. My grandpa said it was so beautiful that it brought a tear to his eye - he wiped away the tear, and the silver-clad bald man had disappeared.
I think I was the only person my grandpa ever told that story to.

pic unrelated.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.