[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think ancient greeks believed that there were supernatural

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 8

File: Hermes.jpg (60KB, 542x830px) Image search: [Google]
Hermes.jpg
60KB, 542x830px
Do you think ancient greeks believed that there were supernatural beings living on a mount raping humans or the whole greek mythology is just a incredile way to describe the forces and mechanisms which act in the human mind?
>>
>>19516613
both.
>>
People are dumb now, they were much dummer back then
>>
>>19516613
It's hard to say if the initiated and the priests actually believed in these deities. The public did though.
>>
>>19516613
Paganism is clever.
>>
>>19516613
They did for a period of time, and then philosophy happened.
>>
>>19516613
Neither.

All ancient civilisations worshipped the celestial objects, Sun, Moon, Stars etc. People then gave these human traits and wrote silly stories about them, which were later further misconstrued into serious stories involving actual beings. It's like playing chinese-whispers for 10,000 years.

In most old languages the word "God" means either "Moon", "Sun", one of the planets, or one of the star constellations, ie Mars, Osiris, Allah etc. That should tell you everything you need to know.
>>
>>19516649
You can't deny that the worshipping of celestial corpses is also the worshipping of the human capacities in which Sun = Intellect or Mercury ^ Intelligence for example
>>
>>19516649
... also, Heavens = space, Hell = volcanic magma chambers, angels = shooting stars, and so on....
>>
>>19516613
mythology speaks of ancient ANCIENT stories
>>
Sheesh. All it takes is a few thousand years for humans to stop recognizing fanfic when they read it.
>>
>>19516668
Probably. I imagine every village/town/settlement had different beliefs, gave the celestial objects different meanings, and held some in higher regard than others
>>
>>19516674
What do you mean by this?
>>
>>19516639
How can you measure the dumb of back then?

We lost the greek scriptures after the empire collapsed, entered DARK AGES. Very brutal. Based on religion them dumb Greeks built to enslave people and gain control.

Enlightenment only started when we did crusades, found the translated Greek works in the libraries of the Moores. So we got back into philosophy and sciences and stuff.

While at that time, the Moores decided sciences were lackluster and went full Islam. And, slid into their own dark ages while the westernworld left theirs. With the rediscovery of the greek works.

So, who is dumb? We recreated a society based on knowledge thousands of years ago, because without we were just brutes. The same way Muslims are brutes today without appreciation of their historical past and sciences they once prided in.
>>
>>19516613
Did they represent forces in the mind or the subltle forces (combinations of the Elements)? These would include natural forces that govern the planets and life on earth in addition to those in the mind. Basically, the same forces that move the heavenly bodies affect the psyche. I'm pretty sure that there is a line in the Corpus Hermeticum detailing how the emotions return to their respective planets upon death.
>>
>>19516725
That's what I'm trying to understand: is the nature governed by mystic focers depicted in hermetic treaties just a metaphor or people actually believed those forces existed on a material plain?
>>
>>19516736
>or people actually believed those forces existed on a material plain?
Look at how many people believe in God today. Some people probably believed the stories to be literal descriptions of actual beings while others treated it as a metaphor.

It's hard to know given how much time has passed and how much of history has been lost to us.
>>
>>19516756
Yeah you're probably right, I still wonder how many took it literally and how many metaphorically tho
>>
>>19516736
It was probably a little of both. The public probably just saw them as gods and goddesses. The initated probably knew that the myths were just allegory and viewed them as Forces which influence all life. They were probably more interested in their effects than form. Myth was a good way of keeping knowledge from the profane.
>>
>>19516613
https://youtu.be/pyhii0W6LAo
>>
File: Plimpton_322.jpg (293KB, 907x629px) Image search: [Google]
Plimpton_322.jpg
293KB, 907x629px
>>19516707
>How can you measure the dumb of back then?

People back then weren't idiots, contrary to popular belief.

Plato almost had Newton's f=ma sussed 2500 years ago (he thought it was f=mv, and that objects would come to rest if you removed the force, close but no cigar), and pic related is dated from 1800 BC. It contains the number 343,768,681, which is the square of 18541, which is the square of 2 other numbers. It's pythagoras, 1000 years before pythagoras.

Make no mistake, they were clever motherfuckers back then. Human intelligence hasn't changed for a million years, our technology has just improved.

Fact of the day: Oxford University is older than the entire Aztec Civilisation.
>>
File: thothdaynight[1].jpg (52KB, 393x373px) Image search: [Google]
thothdaynight[1].jpg
52KB, 393x373px
>>19516613
All Gods and supernatural beings are either real but on other dimensions like the gods being planets or they are actually our genes that we can work on if we do the right process.

Also pic related is OP picture.
>>
>>19516823
that Oxford fact is really cool
>>
We are in a dark age now.

What is the source of Gobekli tepe? Where did the Aryans come from? Why did the Hindu draw their Gods in colors like Violet? What were the Vimanas? Why did the Pythagoreans use a 60 base system?

There a lot of questions you likely haven't thought of.

Ancients were not idiots, they were earlier on the evolutionary path, but they developed the antikytheran mechanism and harnessed the powers of triboluminescence. depending on how you look at it, We are the idiots.
>>
>>19516613

The intelligence and wisdom of the intellectual titans of past ages shouldn't be underestimated.
>>
>>19517092
I'll give you the hint anon of what you should look at:

>Epigenics
>Mercury=Hermes=Thoht=Archangel Michael
>Gods and animals drawn in walls specially egypt are like genes of the human body
>look for Hermetic Knowledge (written by Thoth) and alchemy
>gather all the different religions and chakra systems and look for what is similar to each other and that is the truth
>search about Epigenics again after all of this always go back to Epigenics, look for videos on youtube go back and forth every time you feel a connection
PS:
>The information about the truth leaked along the latest years through the Media that you genuinely love like movies, books, music, even anime, anything that made you dream and gave you imagination. This is because we have good guys that I hope they can manage to save us.

Grasp what is MATH very well:
>Math are not numbers it exists without language
>Concepts are immaterial and unique and can only be described in the brain as a specific feeling impossible to materialise feeling.
>Words are representations of those feelings and there are many different words for the same unique immaterial Concept.
>German language applies math to Words to describe a similar concept creating a new word: Word+Word=Wordword (which actually is a different words for a new different concept) Japanese do that as well.
>Concept+Concept=NewConcept, but this time this is the only way to represent the true idea just like in math 1+1=2, this is how you learn and grasp new ideas using old concepts and creating new ones.
>Look for the Fibonacci sequence.

Now look at how Epigenics works.

Fit the puzzle. You will figure out and start feeling insane like never before fearing for your sanity.

Pic related. All of it.
>>
>>19517223
Thanks Anon, All great advice.

I actually hit that insanity point about a year ago, and now I've settled down with a very skeptical view of the world.

If you've ever heard a Manly Hall recording in good quality audio, that was me.

I've been piecing together history for some time now, and its amazing.

Saw urantiabro on here and started piecing that together as well.

Check this out(attached), and you can double check the work google 'ubsearch' there are quite a few search engines. I put Paper and section references on the map of the DNA distribution
>>
It was a little bit of both. They did genuinely believe in supernatural entities, if that's what you wish to call them. Otherwise, you wouldn't have had the degree of ritual present in temples devoted to them. However, they also served to explain concepts about philosophy, creation, virtues, vices, science, and the unseen such as time/death.

It was a mixture. As far as raping everybody, the Greek Gods were far more 'human' then what you see in many mythologies and beliefs in relation to the higher powers. They weren't good or evil. They were a mixture of both, and they reflected both.
>>
>>19517276
I just don't know what to do anymore. If there is going to be a big fight I am not ready to be able to help. I don't want to join a group either because would be a large change in my life. But I also don't want to be left behind or do nothing. I just know all the weird shit are real now and we just can't see it either they are hidden or in a esoteric perspective, you can only see it if we all shift together in large amounts.

But epigenics are real and can be tested yourself if you have animals. Just scare a mouse every time he goes to eat something sweet until he is afraid of sweet things. All its children will be afraid of sweets.
>>
>>19516613
It's the same as the modern God, Jesus, Allah superstitions. Helps dumb people sleep at night.
>>
>>19517306
I've studied religion for 30 years with little social conditioning.

All God expects from you is loving humanity as brothers, and believe he exists.

You won't have to take sides, just be morally good.

Jesus was the ideal. Focus on him.

If you get bored, the book is on audio for free.
Listen to the stuff on Melchizedek and your mind will be blown.
>>
>>19517328
Who do you want to serve, goodness, or evil?

Lucifer or the heavenly father?

Lucifer brought chaos and disorder.
The Father brought love and goodness.
>>
>>19517328
ITT: dumb people
>>
>>19517349
There is no good or evil idiot. There is a path and an other path. If you like to manage a system as a whole keeping things working together and in progress you go UP. If you like survival and survival challenge for all eternity you go DOWN. It's free will and you can't influence people for one side or an other if you don't show the truth.
>>
>>19517325
>Helps dumb people sleep at night.

Dumb way of looking at mythology.
>>
>>19517375
So pedo gate was neutral?

It's free will so we can make a choice, once you wake up, do you use your powers to help your fellow man, or do you see yourself as a God to rule over them.
Lucifer proclaimed that the individual was God and there was no adjudication process or heavenly father.

Satan took that to earth and spawned terrible chaos. Pizzagate is satanist, baphomets, baalites, lilithites. Jesus came with the ideal of brother,son,friend and was killed by the Luciferian Sadducees
>>
>>19517223
How can mathematical operations be understood without number? Wouldn't there just be increase and decrease in something since multiplication is repeated addition and division is repeated subtraction?
>>
>>19517375
>If you like to manage a system as a whole keeping things working together and in progress you go UP. If you like survival and survival challenge for all eternity you go DOWN

Arbitrary distinction as neither are mutually exclusive and in fact are complimentary.
>>
>>19516613
The usage of myths and archetypes are a universal feature of man. Myths are the language of the subconscious. Read "Man and His Symbols" by Carl Jung.
>>
>>19516613
A who said it was rape?

B. If it was Rape where are the victims?

C. If there are victims do you have any sperm samples?
>>
>>19516823
>Oh yeah, let's use two guys to measure up average intelligence back then.
The average joe back then would belive literally anything you told him
>>
>>19516707
>>19516823
Also Salamanders are epic fire monsters.
>>
>>19517398
Really? After thousands of years, give me one iota of proof that any of it is real.
>>
>>19517437
>The average joe back then would belive literally anything you told him
Why do you believe that? Because that's what movies portrays them as?

You're an idiot calling other people idiots. Oh the irony.
>>
>>19517399
Pedogate was a way to produce suffering and confusion in children and probably killing them in sacrifices. If not they would be pawns in creating Media characters for people to see as idols of materialism and therefore control and brainwash people. It's like very advanced indoctrination.

Forget about Lucifer or anything. If you manage to make your brothers happy even if you both fight each other after your Ascension powers, both are happy so doesn't matter anything else. Think of it like dragon ball.

>>19517407
When ever you are measuring the speed of a car closing in before you cross the street, you are calculating a derivative in your mind trying to understand if you are able to cross fast enough or the car is too fast for you to attempt to cross. That is defined as a more or less intensive feeling of going to be hit by the car or not. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KwzKcW2AkA

If you don't understand this its because you don't have basic electric knowledge and you have to get it first, and do it because its part of your path if you want to ascend.
>>
>>19517472
Ahhh so in your reality, child molestation and sacrifice are like godly vitamins.

Lucifer is evil incarnate.
Evil is real, and judgement is coming.

Lucifer, satan, and his staff are all apprehended and undergoing judgement. Soon they will be extincted.
>>
>>19517472
That's not basic, even opamps are confusing to a layman. Fuck this guy and his Luciferianism.

You are not a god. You will be judged unfit to continue if you do not repent of your ways.

If you don't know basic fission particle decay you probably won't understand. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CXII1_fpMgM
>>
>>19517472
I have a degree in EE. I'm not seeing the connection between the circuit and a vague estimation of velocities though. The output voltage varies from the input by a time constant determined by the values of R and C.
>>
>>19517555
Forum shill slide. He lost and is using obscurity just like a democrat.
>>
>>19517527
>Lucifer, satan, and his staff are all apprehended and undergoing judgement. Soon they will be extincted.

heard this a dozen times but have never seen an explanation
>>
>>19517629
(66:8.7) And now this rebel of the realm, shorn of all power to harm his former subjects, awaits the final adjudication, by the Uversa Ancients of Days, of all who participated in the Lucifer rebellion.
>>
>>19517527
In theory if they do sacrifices they increase "probability" of pain in the universe. But I am not the one saying its true or not, but this tells you what they believe and do.

>>19517545
It's not that you are YOU, if you accept to join a group where you are consciously aware that they will work together with no ego, you join them. If you are not you cannot join them because YOU DON'T WANT, you must join them not by FEAR but by UNITY and the wonder of ascension.

If you are probably an atheist that believes in the greater system and dream by the wonders of space and science you probably are ready to go to the higher realms. The question is, do you want to be alone and survive around? Or be together and evolve? Most people don't understand that they only go to "hell" if they want.
>>
>>19517586
I understand his reasoning that math is more elementary than number. I've read the same somewhere else. If it's about some electrical connection in the body that makes sense too. The nervous system is electrical itself. The neuron can also be modeled as a circuit. I guess if he doesn't respond he was a shill. Too bad.
>>
>>19517749
its not like electrical circuit, its spiritual circuit.

Math is a universal law, even before it was discovered it had to be obeyed, whether or not we even understood why.

Mayan Calendar started on 3114bc, How, HOW did they find that!? Divination. Whether or not you want to believe its true, they still divined 3114bc.
>>
>>19517649
So you have a quote about a rebellious king written by a bunch of revisionists to salvage their failing national cult by doubling down. Good job.
>>
>>19516613
All real.
>>
>>19517407
The concept of an "operation" generalizes easily.

One cool thing they do with Elliptic Curves is they define an operation on the points and with this they create what is known as a group. It's a specific operation, but you will see it's not at all like the operations on the real numbers thought in elementary school. Because there are tons and tons of proven theorems and lemmas associated with groups in general, once you show something is a group you get tons and tons of mathematical machinery for free.
>>
>>19517768
Ok. I've read a bit about Daoism. That system has three energy sources (dantians) and they mention the circulation of jing, qi, and shen through the body. This is the microcosmic orbit or circuit. Western systems have the Middle Pillar.

Does divination involve interpreting planetary forces and their affect on the psyche or something more like Jung's interpretation of the I-Ching? He basically thought that what we attribute to chance is a result of the effect the observer has on his environment.
>>
0:5.7.1. Body. The material or physical organism of man. The living electrochemical mechanism of animal nature and origin.
0:5.8.2. Mind. The thinking, perceiving, and feeling mechanism of the human organism. The total conscious and unconscious experience. The intelligence associated with the emotional life reaching upward through worship and wisdom to the spirit level.
0:5.9.3. Spirit. The divine spirit that indwells the mind of man—the Thought Adjuster. This immortal spirit is prepersonal—not a personality, though destined to become a part of the personality of the surviving mortal creature.
0:5.10.4. Soul. The soul of man is an experiential acquirement. As a mortal creature chooses to "do the will of the Father in heaven," so the indwelling spirit becomes the father of a new reality in human experience. The mortal and material mind is the mother of this same emerging reality. The substance of this new reality is neither material nor spiritual—it is morontial. This is the emerging and immortal soul which is destined to survive mortal death and begin the Paradise ascension.
0:5.11.Personality. The personality of mortal man is neither body, mind, nor spirit; neither is it the soul. Personality is the one changeless reality in an otherwise ever-changing creature experience; and it unifies all other associated factors of individuality. The personality is the unique bestowal which the Universal Father makes upon the living and associated energies of matter, mind, and spirit, and which survives with the survival of the morontial soul.
0:5.12.Morontia is a term designating a vast level intervening between the material and the spiritual. It may designate personal or impersonal realities, living or nonliving energies. The warp of morontia is spiritual; its woof is physical.
>>
>>19517461
Then my comments stands, just like i don't have proof about the average intelligence back then, that doesn't mean you are right about them too, we are in a state when i can say what ever the fuck i want and you can't dissprove me, now that's ironic
>>
>>19517823
The tangents between daoism, buddhism, yoga, theosophy, and christian science are crazy
>>
>>19517872
This has always been the case. Its the case today.

No free thinking person, could ever think that injecting your children with a mystery vaccine to protect them from a disease that doesn't exist on your continent is good for the public good.

People are NOT paying attention, they are too busy with their own lives and always defer to the paid smart people.

Come on, stephen hawking referred to 'Other solar systems' Stephen Hawkings?! Sol is our sun, there are no other Solar systems. Its literally the name of our system. He's the smart guy we need to listen to? Why? Because hes in a wheel chair? We don't even actually know that hes saying those things. We just trust the scientists.
Its literally just the magic men doing magic again. This religion doesn't claim a god this time.
>>
>>19516707
No the Greeks themselves had all the greek literature all the time during the dark ages, they never had any dark ages and most greek writings came to the west fourth and then the sack of constantinopel. The Arabs only cared about scientific writing, which they got from the greeks during the dark ages.
>>
>>19517892
>We just trust the scientists
No one trust scientists, what are you talking about? Every time someone comes up with an amazing solution for our every day problems we just start a wich hunt. Have you ever notice how the stereotype of "mad scientist" is so common? This "smart people" as you call them are just simple humans looking out for something to fulfill their lives, and they found that on learning about the thing us "common people" don't care about learning.

At the end maybe this magic medicine is just a lie and we just feel better because of the power of suggestion, but if it makes your life less miserable, if kids are not dying at early age, is it really that bad?
Free thinking is truly overestimate.
>>
>>19517872
I showed you proof above, you rejected it with
>>Oh yeah, let's use two guys to measure up average intelligence back then.

You're a retard. I don't converse with retards. Fuck off.
>>
File: PyramidLandowner.png (1MB, 1059x850px) Image search: [Google]
PyramidLandowner.png
1MB, 1059x850px
>>19516613
>>19516643

>Do you think ancient greeks believed that there were supernatural beings living on a mount raping humans or the whole greek mythology is just a incredile way to describe the forces and mechanisms which act in the human mind?

Almost all Greek poetry begins with an "invocation to the Muses" where the author asks the gods of poetry to sing through him and help him with his craft. I don't recall any of these poets claiming to have met one of the Muses as a corporeal being.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6wmDBz8H_Q
>>
>>19517803
King, hehe that's adorable.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.