[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys play any rpg's or do y'all just rp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: 1-dnd-logo.png (158KB, 600x171px) Image search: [Google]
1-dnd-logo.png
158KB, 600x171px
Do you guys play any rpg's or do y'all just rp on this board?
>>
Good question.
Let's find out.
>>
>>19513721
i like to role pkay with ur mom.
shes a buxom bar wench and i'm a wandering barbarian adventurer.
let's just say i put my arrow in her quiver
>>
>>19513758
edgi
>>
>>19513721
i don't play as much as i used to but i still have a collection of RPGs. the paranormal themed ones include Call of Cthulhu , Dark Matter, and Beyond the Supernatural
>>
I collect RPG books. I don't actually play any of the games.
>>
>>19513786
and Rifts
>>
>>19513721
I used to in high school. My Son does now.
>>
>>19513721
Played D&D
Played Gamma World
Quit after I saw a guy cry when his character got killed.
Why am I doing this?
I could be outside.
>>
Wouldn't you like to know?
Last one played was a Warcraft-based one. But nothing official, more like four friends used the Warcraft lore and made a balanced comfy game.
Lasted way too much(3 years)
>>
File: 394866739386548854.png (146KB, 528x297px) Image search: [Google]
394866739386548854.png
146KB, 528x297px
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlULoQj3nao
>>
File: Chaos_Spawn.jpg (131KB, 736x1102px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos_Spawn.jpg
131KB, 736x1102px
>>19513788
Das me man
>>
>>19513721
Shut up, Trey.
>>
>>19513894
>>19513788
how come you guys don't play the games?
>>
I have a lvl 8 chaotic good bard
I swaer
>>
>>19514057
tell us about your bard's most creepy adventure
>>
>>19514080
The party is composed of a 20 foot long vampiric snake with a 2 foot long dick. He likes to grapple undead and shitters and drink their blood he has a enchanted tooth grill that gives radiant damage to everything he bites. There's an elf that worships the sun and suffers damage when it's in darkness. We have a guy with a nazi swastika sheild and spear. The shield is literally a swastika it doesn't even have a pattern on it the wood is in the shape of it. We have some guy that died and made a new character. My character is a leprechaun but we have another leprechaun rogue and she didn't show up this session.
We're killing an undead horde right now but it's a numbers grind.
The creepiest adventure was when we found this bizarre time tower and broke in and ripped through the wall into the shadow dimension and killed shit on a big stage. The boss battle for the dungeon was a giant hydra but we took it on with a giant steampunk mecha-lobster that was piloted by simple up/down levers.
>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.
>>
>>19514111
i like the mecha lobster. so does your leprechaun bard wear green like those retarded stereotypes?
>>
File: gandalf-reading.jpg (49KB, 555x399px) Image search: [Google]
gandalf-reading.jpg
49KB, 555x399px
>>19513721
I don't really do any of either, outside of video games.

All of my discussion on the paranormal is purely speculative, even when it doesn't sound like it. I don't claim anything but a love for folklore.

Wouldn't mind taking a shot at D&D or Pathfinder though. But I'm too much of a control freak. I much prefer writing. It's too bad I'm also a perfectionist and too obsessed with factual accuracy to even do that.
>>
>>19514123
you could write plots for adventure modules.
>>
File: IMG_1183.jpg (41KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1183.jpg
41KB, 1280x720px
>>19514134
Your Mom writes plots
>>
>>19514138
at least she got laid though right?
>>
>>19514121
He has 9 whole intelligence
he survives on alcohol and if someone rolls a critical 20 he cancels it out if he's nearby and gets another reroll if he needs to roll for a save or attack roll.
Also one of our characters that isn't in the campaign right now spent his magic item he got for free on a magic amulet. All it does is sexually pleasure whoever rubs it. If he stops showing up I hope the vampire snake eats him. I want to make the sex medallion into the spear of orgasm. You stab them with it and they beg for more! Oh and he wears green. We skinned the hydra and made capes out of it. The rest of his clothes are "jester motley."
>>
>>19514037
Getting groups together is tough, especially live games.

Not only do you need to get 4+ people to get together regularly for at leat 3 hours weekly/monthly, if it's you're idea to start the group in the first place you're more than likely atuck running the game.

You also need to convince the group to play the system you're interested in, most players just like dnd aince its easy and familiar, if you want to play somethimg a little more involed like say Ars Magica or Pendragon it's much more difficult.
>>
>>19513721
I never got what D&D is about.
From what I've seen you just do whatever you want and roll the dice every once in a while.
>>
>>19514814
It's like a binary videogame where you and your friends help tell a story together, you've got a lot more freedom to effect the story and in the control of your character.

The dice are used to determine if the difficult actions you attempt succeed or fail. Like shooting something with a gun, or jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

It's not for everbody and your experience will vary depending on who's running the game, but I reccomended every give it a shot if offered the chance.
>>
>>19514111
>We're killing an undead horde right now but it's a numbers grind
Can't tell if Napoleon or Kip
>>
File: GandalfStaff3.jpg (413KB, 911x794px) Image search: [Google]
GandalfStaff3.jpg
413KB, 911x794px
>>19514134
That would be interesting, yeah. I've kind of wanted to try DMing. Still not all that much control over the players or the plot (unless I start railroading them, but that'd be no fun), but I'd still basically be God among them.
>>19514814
That's about it. You make up stories together, kind of a round-robin sort of thing, but if you have to do anything that requires a chance of success or failure (fighting, jumping, reading an unknown script, convincing a prostitute to give you sex for free), you're going to need to roll.
>>
>>19514814
basically it's a game of pretend with a system of rules for cohesion and order. They're situation simulators.

they can be more of an exercise in tactics and strategy, or creative problem solving, or dramatic storytelling.
>>
>>19513894
reminds me of pic related
>>
File: one_reborn.jpg (200KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
one_reborn.jpg
200KB, 1920x1080px
>>19517820
>>
>>19517829
that looks fucking cool. is that a good game?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.