[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I advise you to try I-Ching, the ancient chinese oracle and wisdom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: pi5ed57rT.gif (43KB, 1557x1561px) Image search: [Google]
pi5ed57rT.gif
43KB, 1557x1561px
I advise you to try I-Ching, the ancient chinese oracle and wisdom book. It is absolutely mind blowing, also read about Jung's "syncronicity" concept.
>>
>>19511512
I've heard the I-Ching is more than a system of divination. What do the combinations of yin and yang in the hexagrams represent?
>>
>>19511512
Jung's concept of synchronicity mainly dealt with the archetypes he encountered during his dream analysis sessions. I'm pretty sure he attributed these to the collective unconscious mind. I haven't read the entire book though.
>>
>>19511676

Energy configurations -- A frequency. Rather like the tarot archetypes also represent frequencies for various states of being. Daoism in general is the bees knees.
>>
>>19511690
I agree. I've read some of Damo Mitchell's books on Neigong. He introduced the concept of yin and yang as the peaks and troughs of a wave. It's hard to grasp the meaning of individual hexagrams though. Are they just abstractions or do they manifest in concrete visible forms?
>>
>>19511512
King Wen formation, and King Wen based I-Ching, are wrong.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm6FM28d9_U
>>
>>19511688
You should read "I Ching - Foreword by Carl Gustav Jung"
>>
>>19511791
Didn't realize that he mentioned Daoism outside of the Golden Flower text. I'll check it out.
>>
>>19511688
>>19511791

From what I gathered the Chinese understanding of the universe is informed by 'coincidence', yes? This isn't to disparage the idea as the term has a very negative connotation in the Western mind as Jung discussed.
Synchronicity, the arising of multiple seemingly unrelated things in a related fashion in a single moment, seems to be a determinant factor in how individual occurrences arise. It sounds like I am talking out of my ass.

Basically what I am saying is my interpretation of the foreword is that 'chance' in Chinese philosophy is law. And that chance in any given moment can incarnate as a given hexagram, which is again predicated on the moment of observation.
>>
>>19511819
You are making sense actually
>>
>>19511676
I find that the I-Ching is not so much as a form of divination to tell the future, but a method to understand what is going on in your present.
>>
I tried it yesterday for the first time, not sure if I did it exactly right. Definitely interesting.
>>
File: IMG_5309.jpg (153KB, 640x608px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5309.jpg
153KB, 640x608px
>>19512951
YEah this.
I was eating a sandwich once and got nourishment
Waiting for my friend to pack a bowl and got patience.
its very in-the-moment
>>
>>19511746
y?
>>
What do you think of this site?
http://ichingonline.net/
>>
>>19514389
It's good, I use it too, but throw real coins yourself, there is an option for virtual coints and real ones.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.