[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Me and my family went to see a Chinese fortune teller I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 275px-Fortune_teller_taiwan.jpg (21KB, 275x201px) Image search: [Google]
275px-Fortune_teller_taiwan.jpg
21KB, 275x201px
Me and my family went to see a Chinese fortune teller I'm Vietnam recently and he managed to accurately state some of the things in my mom's life, is there any legitimacy to these fortune tellers who use a book or is it just nonsense?
>>
>>19505571
It's called cold reading, it's what literally every fortune teller does.
>>
>>19505579
I'm assuming it's all bullshit but my brother insists on opening a restaurant because he told him to.
>>
>>19505579
But stating my mom works for a company producing car parts is very obscure, how would they figure that out?
>>
>>19505653
Cold reading.

You can practically smell the peasantness reeking off of someone who has spent a long time in the factory environment or who is the offspring of someone who has done so. That particular sort of factory is especially good at breeding a rough, basic way of thinking and going about things that can then be spotted a mile away.

All it takes to get this skill is to work in a factory for a few months while feeling like you don't belong there at all. After you bolt for the doors to maintain your intelligence and sanity, you'll forever be able to spot a "factory worker."

Work on refining yourself, and guys like that will have a much harder time at spotting your roots.
>>
>>19505674
Alright thanks smart-arse, I know he can spot a common things but how do they spot something that has no physical tell such as working HR for a company that makes car parts?
>>
>>19505645
Hahahaha let him open it and lose all his money that dumb fuck
>>
>>19505688
Are you really not listening to the other anon. You asked a question and he answered you challenged it. Let me state for him again ALL "psychics" are bullshit, it's just for fun only a fool would actually take what they say at face value. Now some dark magic voodoo shit may just have some credit to it if you want to try there. Also trusting a south East Asian for anything you should be ashamed.
>>
>>19505571
I definitely believe that there are people out there who have a gift, and you can tell right away they're not bullshitters unlike other people.

My mom went to see a lady who went by the name of Angel, she must have been in her late 70s and unfortunately she has passed on but my mom will never forget the day she visited her. To prove to my mom she was genuine she told her very specific things such as; my moms brother passed away when he was 36, my brother was living aboard and was in the army. And then she told my mom that she was meant to have 4 children instead of 3, she had a terrible miscarriage at 20 years old. And we were all completely fucking shocked. I get cold readers and their whole thing but this was literally so specific we couldn't not trust her.

So yeah. I believe there are people out there who are legitimate, but there will no doubt always be a few scammers here and there.
>>
>>19505688
Oh one more thing if your brother wants to open a restaurant make sure that he trials it in a food truck before he opens a serious cash drain restaurant. Make sure that the people like his shit and if they do then open up a restaurant. A good way to get a deal on the loan is to tell them you trialed the idea in a food truck and it was successful. If the food truck don't work then gtfo before you waste tens of thousands. You should always try to do what you can to make money.
>>
>>19505571
Some fortune tellers are true.
>Mom goes to young fortune teller
>Really uninpressed because she goes to alot of "tarot readers" with all the mystic bs but the dude doesnt have anything just make funny expressions.
>Already payed might as well make some questions.
>Dude blows the questions off and tells my mom she has cancer in 2 different places.
>She thinks he's just avoiding the question so doesnt care.
>Grandma insints for her to go to the doctor.
>She goes, actually have cancer on the places he said, goes there right on fucking time.
Even the doctors were blown away say it was like a miracle since normal exams show nothing and most people dont really find it on time.
If you have a explanation for this please share since I was the person who made more fun of my mom for wasting money on "psychics"
>>
>>19505571
>gf is Japanese
>she went to a fortune teller while she was living back in Japan
>this fortune teller (of whom I've never believed in the likes of, but this shook me) accurately predicted that;
>i was cheating on her
>i was in financial trouble that I was keeping hidden
>i was suicidal
>I'd find a new job within the year, but not what I want
>we've got a long future together, as long as we make it through the next 18 months

I of course lied about all of those and by the end of the call she was thinking "Hah, stupid typical charlatan," but my heart was racing as she told me all of this. I'm still skeptical of 90% of everything ever, but this is one of those purely anecdotal things that catches you by surprise when it happens.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.