[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you believe in any of the old alchemy lore, /x/? Or was it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: tumblr_nbk6psr1M21qzbqzko1_500.jpg (96KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbk6psr1M21qzbqzko1_500.jpg
96KB, 500x394px
Do you believe in any of the old alchemy lore, /x/? Or was it all just a precursor to modern chemistry?
>>
>>19505023

affirmative to 2nd question.

The only real alchemy happens when you metamorphose the soul.
>>
>>19505023
Alchemical text were written in convoluted way to deceive and mislead the uninitiated.

The Great Work is about acquiring The Stone.

But in the process your mind and soul also undergoes a journey, that is a fact.

Anyone who states that all there is to alchemy is just metaphysical new age bullshit needs more reading in the subject.
>>
File: JosephWright-Alchemist-1.jpg (136KB, 678x870px) Image search: [Google]
JosephWright-Alchemist-1.jpg
136KB, 678x870px
>>19505023
Yes.
>>19505390
Pretty much. It's supposed to all work in tandem. The Work is done with the movement of the Heavens, and so the alchemist himself is also transformed.
>>
>>19505023
Alchemy was more than a precursor to chemistry. Look to the East, particularly into Taoism. Alchemy was a precise science that was practiced both internally and externally. Most western books about it are arcane and often misleading. The Tao Te Ching may seem vague but it describes a specific process.
>>
Either a precursor or they really found some shit. I know for sure it wasn't anything spiritual, having studied alchemical texts for over 20 years.

>inb4 fuck off mundane, spirit science and kybalion told me alchemy is spiritual hurr durr
>>
File: yin-yang.png (10KB, 253x253px)
yin-yang.png
10KB, 253x253px
>>19506070
>precise science
Haha, okay champ.

I did notice the similarities between alchemy and Taoism though. The masculine and feminine, combining to make one whole. They also both had a strange love for mercury.
>>
>>19507486
There is more. Works detailing the processes of Neidan (inner alchemy) speak of the human body in terms of a vessel or stove. You will find other sources which talk about the transmutation of metals. In "The Secret of the Golden Flower" the eyes are referred to as the Sun and Moon (Luna and Sol of the alchemists). In addition to this text I recommend "Cultivating Stillness" translated by Eva Wong.

I meant "precise" as in a developed system similar to the meditative practices in Tibet and India. Alchemy is more than this though. The I Ching's hexagrams are fragments of another teaching which details the combinations of forces in nature. It isn't just a new age divination system.
>>
What's the favorite tool of an alchemist?
>>
>>19505044
this
>>
>>19505390
/thread
>>
>>19510749
No such thing as a soul
>>
>>19507579
I am beginning a private study of the I Ching, what other related material besides the ones you gave aforementioned would you recommend?

Also would you have any advice for a beginner just opening the I Ching as to how to interpret it?
>>
>>19511507
I don't care what you call it, you get the freaking point.
>>
>>19511743
There's literally no such thing. Brains have electricity. That's it.
>>
>>19511822
Who the fuck is arguing beliefs with you? No one fucking cares dude.
>>
>>19511709
There are several Taoist classics mentioned in Eva Wong's book. These are all worth reading. If you are interested in Neidan read the Neiye chapter in the Guanzi. Much of the internal work in Daoism deals with concepts from traditional chinese medicine so you should read the Huangdi Neijing. There is also a little known book called the "Doctrine of the Elixir" by R. B. Jefferson. A physical copy is almost impossible to find. He explains the processes shown in this classical image. You will still need to research, but this will set you on the right path.

Keep in mind the words of Lao Tzu:

"He who knows, does not speak.
He who speaks, does not know."

"The Dao that can be told of is not the eternal Dao."
>>
>>19511878
You have my thanks
>>
>>19511944
No problem. Damo Mitchell's books are also decent if you are wanting to get into Qi gong or other meditative practices.
>>
>>19505023
Everything is alchemy. Thinking is alchemy. It's the power bestowed upon us by our creator that shapes the universe as we see fit.
>>
>>19511863
I love how salty and defensive you spoopy ghost people get when your beliefs are simply called into question
>>
>>19512488
>Creator
Lol
>>
>>19512807
I'm not that guy but I'd say you're definitely being a little bitch. And to say your posts were "simply calling his beliefs into question" is laughable.
>>
>>19512807
I think you might actually be retarded. My point was beliefs are completely irrelevant on this thread and you're the only one in the argument. And yet here you go again, arguing on your own. Get out of the house anon, go for a walk, you're making me sad.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.