[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here study chaos magick? I'm beginning to get into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: images (3).jpg (36KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
36KB, 384x384px
Anyone here study chaos magick? I'm beginning to get into it, I love everything about it.
>>
I'd like to find more about it for research purposes. I read over Liber Null, but didn't really explain much. I'm more curious about the morality associated with chaos practices.
>>
>>19504721
>research purposes
yeah...
>>
>>19504730
Look, it's not every day that I come across a belief or system that I don't have some degree of knowledge about. I don't know anything about chaos magic, and I'd like to learn what it is concerning. Research purposes... like, what is it? Why chaos? Why not something else. Why wasn't every other system in existence good enough? How does it affect the morality of a person? Is it even aligned with any sort of morality? That sort of thing. I just like to know about stuff I'm not familiar with even if I don't plan on being a scholar in it.
>>
>>19504702
Until someone chaoses you.
>>
>>19504754
You probably don't think that deeply if you believe that one book alone would have enough information to teach you anything.

All tomes have allusions to others and you need to read several books by several authors, compare notes and weed out the purposefully confusing fluff for the good shit.
>>
>>19504771
I wouldn't imagine any practice could boil down to a single book.

However, it doesn't help that any research online loops back to the idea of a 'left-hand path'. There's a lot of negativity focused toward the subject unlike any other practice which has me asking, "Why?"
>>
>>19504804
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

This is what's linked in the /omg/. You could also discuss thoughts and ask questions there. In the library is a whole section of Chaos Magick
>>
>>19504721
>chaotes
>morality
Pick one. Morality doesn't exist.
>>
>>19504816
I guess I'll read more.
>>19504827
I suppose that is a simple enough explanation.
>>
>>19504838
That's what I'm saying... you can't just skim and know what something is. I'm guessing you are late teens, early 20's, somewhere in there. I know this because of the instant gratification your age group so desperately craves... you have to spend time to learn about things to know what they are. A passing familiarity doesn't mean shit with complex subjects.

Sure, you know that tornadoes exist. Do you know shit about them? Would one surprise you, or are you aware enough to know that the weather is shitty and you should keep your eyes on the sky for rotation? Do you know why the differences in air temperatures are a factor? Could you have a respectable conversation with laymen about them? Could you hold your own in a conversation with a meteorologist about them?

That bit of bullshit was to illustrate the scale of knowledge available about a subject. The more you learn about it, the better off you are.

I'm just talking shit at this point, none of this matters.
>>
>>19504846
>>19504852
You deleted your other response, that's what my chapter was answering, O Chooser of Morality.
>>
>>19504856
Oh, hush. Don't bully me for my conception of right versus wrong.

So, someone could technically say something one day, but then completely disregard it the next? That would be... suitable?
>>
>>19504865

I believe that everyone operates by a set of morals. They can be "good" or "bad", everything is subjective in that sense based on upbringing, circumstance, whatever you want to call it.

No one has to do or avoid anything, they just live within their own sphere of rules, either developed personally or adopted from belief systems.

So you can be a moral person full of what most people would call shitty rules for yourself and a willingness to cause pain to others. I don't operate that way, but my rules don't apply to everyone. Just because moral codes don't align doesn't negate the opposing opinion.

I also don't know jack about chaos magick.
>>
>>19504702
I've not read a whole lot into it. But I think the general idea is you can shape the future by creating things that predict it?

I like the idea, and I do subscribe to it.
>>
>>19504894
I only know that people in /omg/ say it is anarchist-tier.
>>
>>19504906
It seems to be attractive for babbys first magick because of the lack of objectives and rules. Very much a do what you'd like, self-serving thing.
>>
>>19504702
Chaos is a ladder
>>
>>19504911
It would appear one should never trust a chaos practitioner.
>>
>>19504926
It would appear you should lurk more.
>>
>>19504926
The vast majority that I've met are just unbearable edgelords. The minority of them are legitimately frenzied people, almost non-functional.

Me, I likes to be calm. I've had enough friction in my life that I can safely say leading a smooth existence is the way to go for me.

But you're totally free to form your own opinions and relationships, and I encourage you to do so!
>>
>>19504938
It's more or less forming my opinion on someone else.
>>
>>19504938
> I likes to be calm
I am what i am
>>
>>19504938
>But you're totally free to form your own opinions and relationships, and I encourage you to do so!

This is the best example of chaos magick I've seen. That open-mindedness for other people to form their own views and opinions of everything. Are you a practitioner?
>>
>>19504997
I don't practice anything, friend.
>>
At this point, I'm certain OP hates all of us.
>>
I plan on getting a bunch of chaos magick books and begin studying them, mite b cool.
>>
File: 1503545684353.jpg (68KB, 600x772px) Image search: [Google]
1503545684353.jpg
68KB, 600x772px
>>19504702
Welcome to insanity. The ride never ends because you won't want it to.
>>
>>19505016
That's fair. Still glad you have that open-mindedness
>>
File: theride.jpg (74KB, 855x746px) Image search: [Google]
theride.jpg
74KB, 855x746px
>>19505069
I think I'll be getting off at the next stop. This isn't comfy at all.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>19505086
Here forever.
>>
>>19505099
Clearly, shenanigans are in effect.
>>
Hmmm...
Chaos magician here. I lack literature as well. I've been reading subjects about occult religions. Nothing that actually gives ideas how stuff works. But One book has been exceptionally good.
>Advanced magick for beginners
>by Alan Chapman
It's mixed bag of magical practice and theory behind magick. Good stuff. I recommend. Another book what I'd like to get my hands on is
>Prometheus rising
Don't know much about it but I've heard it's about personal development. Probably same author. Don't remember.

Is there any other books that I should peek in? Liber Null?
>>
>>19505151
If you want psychic stuff, sex magic, and other bizarre crap then sure...
>>
File: keep-calm-and-be-quiet-25.png (15KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-and-be-quiet-25.png
15KB, 600x700px
>>19504702
Read, study and practice, but above all just be quiet. Look at this thread as an example.

Chaos Magick can be very useful for beginners but there is alot of larpers and literal idiots who use this stuff and believes they are the fucking wizard of the year, they are like the wiccan witches from tumblr.

Also I recommend you thw /omg/ library, has a good amount of chaos stuff, and also to read Nietzsche.
>>
>>19505159
Sex magick is just one of the subjects and it's given just a short overlook.
Majority of subjects are considered very mundane and hence title says for beginners. But hay! Ye gotta start somewhere!

>bizarre stuff
Uh... I don't get what you are implying.

>being defensive?
A little.
>>
>>19505210
>Nietzsche
For social, moral and ethical reference?
>>
File: 53319934_p9_master1200.jpg (364KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
53319934_p9_master1200.jpg
364KB, 600x600px
Chaos magic is a reduction. It is not a replacement for pathworking and self-improvement. I suggest you don't become too attached to it.
>>
>>19505151
Do you have a pdf of Advanced Magick for Beginners?
>>
>>19505355
Yes. But of course, thats a personal choice.
>>
>>19505409
>Advanced Magick for Beginners?
Isn't that an oxymoron?
>>
MUH MORALITY!
>>
Can it help me find a girlfriend?
>>
>>19507143
Just create a tulpa. Don't believe the retards that say it's wrong to make a gf tulpa.

If you make her to be always 1000% bitch in heat, she won't be bothered. If she's respectable, treat her with respect.
>>
>>19507167
But I want babby.
>>
>>19507200
Make a tulpa baby.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.