[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a good ego death experience get rid of any and all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

Would a good ego death experience get rid of any and all insecurities for good?
>>
File: 1497273788330.jpg (143KB, 600x705px) Image search: [Google]
1497273788330.jpg
143KB, 600x705px
>>19496676

Start with the Greeks.
>>
>>19496676
No. They eventually always come back.
>>
Yes. Get lobotomized.
>>
>>19496684
This
>>
>>19496688
That sucks.
>>
>>19496676
No, separating your ego from your sense of self doesn't mean aspects of your physical life are suddenly irrelevant.
>>
>>19496676
It's a good start but if you don't stay steadfast then it'll definitely come roaring back. At this point I don't feel jealousy, worry, fear, or anxiety.
>>
>for good
No. As a basic rule of thumb, nothing is permanent. If you look for an easy-fix solution that you only need to experience once and it becomes passive, you will never find anything.

Don't be lazy. Improve yourself. You have ALL the tools at your disposal.
>>
Ego death means a relatively quick deconstruction and reconstruction of one's entire self-model. This model changes through life, but development can become arrested; one can become stunted at a psychological age, as with narcissists. In this case the self is parasitic towards consciousness, it preserves itself and refuses to change, often the result of a defense mechanism against traumatic experiences.

The self as a coherent, enduring structure is an illusion. During ego death the previous "you" literally dies just the same as if the body has died. A new entity is born, though because memories are retained it seems as if there is continuity of the self. The cycle of reincarnation doesn't involve an afterlife, but this life.

Think of how an insecurity work. An insecurity is a story in your head, a linguistic demon that is summoned when a situation triggers it, creating fear and the desire to end the situation tied to the insecurity. In doing this you reinforce the cycle, it becomes a habit literally burned into your brain matter. This is Saṃsāra.

Mindfulness meditation can be profoundly powerful to end cycles of anxiety by allowing you not just to intellectualize but perceive their irreality, to not be immersed inside them, but to perceive them as merely mental events, and remove the aversion and fearful emotions tied to them. The image is a book that combines spiritual technology with psychology to create a system that has been scientifically demonstrated to be as good as medicine for depression and anxiety. I urge you to look into it and consider following the course.
>>
The opposite of a parasitic self is symbiotic, it is the kind that doesn't just accept its death but looks forwards to it in bliss, as it means the completion of its purpose so that a new self can emerge. It pulls towards its death and the transformation of its host's consciousness. Zen is the state where ego death and rebirth ends, they become simultaneous and the self becomes fluid and ever-changing without resistance, and thus in harmony with existence. The self becomes not an "I am" but a vector, a movement. Zen is omnipresent flow.
>>
File: 1501442490290.jpg (96KB, 640x619px) Image search: [Google]
1501442490290.jpg
96KB, 640x619px
>>19496676
>be me
>have small dick
>have near death experience
>i almost fucking died.png
>can't be bothered to give a shit about my small dick since i almost fucking died
>????
>profit
>>
>>19496885
it really does
if anyone's been through this and found out what to do, i'd love to hear it. are you supposed to ego-death repeatedly every two years or so? seems like a slippery slope.
>>
>>19497279
Enlightenment: ceasing to give fucks about petty bullshit that doesn't really fucking matter in regards to what really matters. Spoiler: nothing fucking matters. What, me worry?
>>
>>19497292
All of this:

>>19497149
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.