[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the necronomicon written? What for? And what purpose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0148.jpg (21KB, 122x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0148.jpg
21KB, 122x192px
Why was the necronomicon written? What for? And what purpose does it still have?

I just want to say I was deeply spiritual and more positively charged by a long shot till I read this txt in person.
>>
The modern text we call the Necronomicon is really just a syncretion of some smatterings of old Mesopotamian magick and... something else.
It's rather scant, but it has it's gems.
>>
>>19492204
The necronomicon is fictional dickhead. Even if it weren't there's no way Miskatonic University would let a spastic phone poster like you near it.
>>
>>19492231
Who knows mang, Miskatonic is a weird place.
>>
Invented by HP Lovecraft and put together by dedicated fans. It's a neat little book.
>>
File: lovecraft.jpg (111KB, 1000x1361px) Image search: [Google]
lovecraft.jpg
111KB, 1000x1361px
>>19492204
>Why was the necronomicon written?
Fanboys wanted to read the "real" Necronomicon, so some of them went and wrote their own versions of it.
>>
>>19492204
I became more spiritual after reading it. Although I did become extremely paranoid.
>>
>>19492204
the necronomicon is aggregated middle eastern pagan religious book. it takes a few different thinks and ties them all together where there was no previous connection and adds in some folklore stuff

ishtar, marduk, tiamat and others all put into one continuous story beyond their original roles. tiamat is destroyed and marduk makes the universe out of its body but there wasnt much more to the original story.

its kinda funny who little there was to many old religions and legends. couldnt even fill up a pamphlet worth of words with the original

the author assumed that everything that was believed in by any one was all real and fleshed it out with additional affiliations between the god guys and bad guys
>>
>>19493350
This. Only autisits including a friend of mine believe that is a 'real' thing. The concept of it though is good inspiration for many people to hunt down real grimoirs though thats kind of cool.
>>
>>19493505
they're just two different things that go by the same name
>>
File: image.jpg (66KB, 733x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 733x550px
>>19492204
>Why was the necronomicon written?
$
Pretty simple really
>pic unrelated
>>
File: 1486060216315.jpg (683KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1486060216315.jpg
683KB, 1920x1200px
Think of it as a much easier read than it's denser name-sake.
>>
>>19492204
This book does not exist.
>>
>>19492231
>Miskatonic University

But is Miskatonic real, and if so, does it have a library?
>>
>>19495804

this
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.