[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw god is dead, life is meaningless and based nihilism shittalks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: vapor1502540082046.png (458KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
vapor1502540082046.png
458KB, 539x960px
tfw god is dead, life is meaningless and based nihilism shittalks all ideology superbly
>>
File: hqdefault (1) (1).jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1) (1).jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>God is bs, life is controlled by absolutely Nothing and nihilism is bs as well
You got a lot to learn kiddo...
:^)
>>
If God was dead nothing would exist anymore
So clearly God is not dead.

If you mean dead in the hearts and minds of the people, well atheism has been shrinking at a decent pace recently.
>>
>>19491588
>If God was dead nothing would exist anymore

How do you figure? The guy who built the building I'm sitting in has been dead for at least 50 years. It's still here.

Or... Does this mean that when the last member of the original construction crew dies, this building will wink out of existence?

Shit I'd better find a newer office...
>>
>>19491612
>How do you figure? The guy who built the building I'm sitting in has been dead for at least 50 years. It's still here.
Reality isn't a building, it's literally a dream in God's mind.
>>
>>19491617
Evidence please.

Because otherwise you're just another babbling occultist.
>>
>>19491620
Evidence that God exists in the first place, otherwise you are just a babbling edgy contrarian occultist.
>>
The Higgs Boson has been found. This also means that there has to be a Higgs field with which our reality is shaped.
Kind of analogous to the old creationism story of a god and goddess.
>>
>>19491625
Good point.

Never was a God.

Moving on.
>>
>>19491641
Then what was the point of this thread you fucking dumbass?

You don't make sense, you're just cynically trying to justify your own nihilism while also feeling superior to other nihilists. It's pathetic.
>>
>>19491526
If god was dead you wouldn't feel consciousness at all because reality needs an observer to exist.

So for reality to exist you need a god which is consciousness.

By the simple fact you saying that life is meaningless is a conclusion by an observer therefore God is having that conclusion. If God has the conclusion that life is meaningless it explains why you feel God is dead, but in fact you are just disconnected with God and you believe God is dead. If you feel depressed in a way it means God is depressed and will disconnect from you because its like he wants to be alone and depressed.

The New Age theory of Love I believe it means this. Love is the connection of not wanting to be alone in the universe and it what drives consciousness forward. Humans want to go to space to met other things. The simple fact Humans want something new is to connect with new things. Searching for knowledge itself is wanting to connect with other things that exist in your universe.

Someone who has no Love will be depressed and will stay alone and look for loneliness. That loneliness will make the individual not look for new things, don't want to learn, adding new things and knowledge to themselves but stay passively stuck in the interaction with surroundings. Someone with Love can however fix the depressed person somehow by changing perspectives with makes the other not depressed and therefore on the path of Love again.

I apologise for using one of the most gay words for this because I don't like it either. But I could call it other names like Causality but will sound weird as well.
>>
Nihilism is a retarded view on life mainly enjoyed by insecure manchildren who falsely believe them to be nihilists

If you a nihilist you would already kys yourself you fucking coward
>>
>>19491526
nihilism is pointless to talk about
>>
File: greatpyramidcoord2.png (581KB, 539x850px) Image search: [Google]
greatpyramidcoord2.png
581KB, 539x850px
>>19491526
>>19491612
>>19491641

>tfw god is dead, life is meaningless and based nihilism shittalks all ideology superbly

God isn't dead - never has been. God is just pissed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84dwnPXD0LI
>>
File: 1492568560005.gif (3MB, 250x315px) Image search: [Google]
1492568560005.gif
3MB, 250x315px
tfw no one actually read Nietzsche and didn't get to the second half of nihilism, which is that if life is pointless then you have to give it meaning. Getting obsessed over no cosmic meaning to human life is weak.
>>
>>19491666
Okay, yes, reality needs an observer to exist, but YOU are that observer, and I am that observer. The person currently experiencing life is the observer. Not a God, though it'd be interesting if that was the case.
>>
>>19491930
>The person currently experiencing life is the observer. Not a God, though it'd be interesting if that was the case.
It is the case. God is the source of all consciousness. When you go up to higher levels of reality we are literally all one being.
>>
File: 1499141111317.jpg (75KB, 512x556px) Image search: [Google]
1499141111317.jpg
75KB, 512x556px
>>19491526
reality is never just nothing as long as there's someone to say so

the only true meaning can only emerge out of meaninglessness, it couldn't be meaning otherwise. the will to meaning, the will to the higher, to the absolute, whatever you wanna call it, justifies itself.

nihilism is a first step, if you think it's the destination gotta read more, a lot fucking more, friend. I've been suicidal and shit like that, hated myself to the core, but never once did I not think reality was an absolute shattering fucking miracle

void worship is always a you problem.
>>
>>19491911
giving meaning to life isn't part two of nihilism
that's existentialism

different school of thought
>>
>>19491526
saying life is meaningless because it lacks a PREdefined purpose is like saying a conversation is useless because you didn't write everything down before you started talking

the meaning is created as it goes, and you don't know what truly matters until it's finished
>>
>>19491526
>life is meaningless
Excellent. So what are we calling that thing that feels like making meaning for myself now?
>>
>>19491588
>atheism has been shrinking at a decent pace recently

This is demonstrably false, at least in the Western World.
>>
>>19492107
I'm basing that off of a statistic on global religion.

In the western world, Canada specifically, I've noticed ALOT of former atheists casually getting into satanism/buddhism/new age/paganism.
>>
>>19491526
God cannot die and yet He dies every single moment.
Life is meaningless indeed, if you don't give it meaning yourself. I mean really, do you just sit around, waiting for others to breathe for you or to eat for you?
As for nihilism, well...two points here. First, if the dishes are gonna get dirty, dont use them in the first place. Second, read Ecclesiastes. Nihilism is literally the spawn of hate, pain, immaturity, pride, and foolishness.
>>
>>19492096
But a conversation IS predefined. No one has a conversation by making noise and interpreting the syntax after the fact. Each phrase is thought out before transmission, and will be corrected if the transmission is faulty.

What you're suggesting is listening to white noise and trying to find the message of the Oracles in it.
>>
Only retards misinterpret Nietzsche.
You deserve your misery.
>>
>>19491588
Glory to the Divine Corpse, nigga. Reach Heaven through violence!
>>
What a bunch of mental noobs.

Clearly, the meaning of life is to experience Death.

Prove me wrong, or bow down.
>>
>>19492278
>No one has a conversation by making noise and interpreting the syntax after the fact.
The first time I read your post I knew it was wrong but I didn't really calculate why.

Now I know why.
>>
>>19492353
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efq1RVm6cjw

There's things that don't even die.
>>
>>19491526
If you need a God to care about your own emotions, why live at all?

Molest God if you meet one, but always try to enjoy life.
>>
>>19491526
>muh nihilism
edgy underages should leave

But on the sake of debate... what the hell...
Religion is a manmade construct, same as society
To the date, there is no mass spread absolute evidence of spiritual realms
However...
We exist
This universe exists, it has laws, it has matter and energy and movement, it has life, death and rebirth, it has cycles and rythm, and that's all measurable by science.
Why?
That is the question
There is some kind of order to this thing, even in chaos, there is order, there is enthropy, there is causality as well as there is randomness.
What is that order? That structure? Why is it like that and not some other way? Why did it even started?
Religion may be bullshit, but I'm sure as hell there is some kind of explanation to everything.
Nihilism implies nothing exists because nothing created nothing, and existence itself is a fucking paradox. Not buying it.
>>
>>19492368
>The first time I read your post I knew it was wrong but I didn't really calculate why.
This shows you clearly don't understand what I said at all, so your knowledge is wrong.
>>
>>19492431
>I'm sure as hell there is some kind of explanation to everything.
This is a mistake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVGAxMo-kiw
>>
whats the scariest things you saw on the deep web i'm to scared to go near it
>>
>>19491526
He is alive..
>>
>>19494170
Not the first time, no. I read it but didn't really think it was worth replying to so I didn't process it all that much.

The reason it's wrong is because that is exactly what people do. Not many people have the luxury of articulating themselves well all the time. You surround yourself by people who do take the time to say what they mean, but it's also extremely common to just spitball and figure out what anything meant after the fact, if any such figuring out ever happens at all.
>>
>>19495726
>The reason it's wrong is because that is exactly what people do.
It isn't to the point that when people DO try to communicate without predetermining syntax, it is called a specific thing: babbling.
>>
>heh you think i would risk having a coherent belief about something hahaha bro im a nihilist
>>
>you were created by the actions of others
really scrambles my jimmies desu
>>
>>19491526
>he thinks "god is dead" is supposed to be nihilistic

you have to be 18 to post here
>>
File: IMG_1865.jpg (100KB, 1024x538px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1865.jpg
100KB, 1024x538px
Ease off the Rick and Morty, son.

Meaning is subjective.
>>
>>19492431

That's where you're wrong kiddo. Religion isn't bullshit its definitely man-made but it is corruptable. Like a college. Every edgy atheist or wannabe mystic that says "Religion is bullshit" hasn't explored religion itself. Its the equivalent of saying "I wanna be a physicist but the academic institution is corruptable so college is bullshit I'll just read wikipedia and then i'll relearn physics from the ground up"

Religious institutions are where we keep our tried and true techniques and laws for spirituality, if you want to break ground you start with a good foundation in religion and then push yourself spiritually beyond the religion. Millennia of spirituality has lead to the knowledge religious institutions carry on the subject.

Yes, religion is corruptable and manmade, but all it is. Don't be a fucking moron, go get your foundation in spirituality, figure out where religion is being corrupted, and then you can truly enlighten yourself spiritually beyond the foundations world religions provide us.

You're almost there, but completely dismissing religion as an institution is going to stunt your growth.
>>
>>19494190
>Hurr durrr chaos
Chaos is a force of nature it behaves on causality, butterfly effects, infinite variables and possibly some true randomness, if it even exists, but it is the way it is. Just because we can't understand it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So why does it exist like that? Chaos is logical dude.
>>19497352
Religion is bullshit in my appreciation, and don't think I haven't studied it
The problem with religion is dogma and limited views that going for long, make up explanations that suit a certain group's beliefs
Spirituality however, I see as a different concept. Pure spirituality might be even a way to look into what's really going on, but when you add religion is like putting a blindfold on it.

But I guess everyone is gonna hate me for thinking like this. I don't belong with nihilist fedoras nor zealot worshippers... I'm a goddamn outcast but that's fine I guess...
>>
>>19492353
Naw, it's to overcome death. To experience death is to be locked in samsara.
>>
>>19491526

asking "the meaning of life" is like asking what the color of 42 is

there is no relation, only faggots trying to sound smart and sophisticated because they cant get laid
>>
Power is, whether or not I am. That power you have... Whatever shall you do with it?
>>
>>19497884
>Chaos
Phenomena are NOT chaos. Chaos is just another futile attempt to explain the phenomenon constantly bombarding us.

>Chaos is logical dude.
How did you miss the point THAT badly? The whole idea of Phemonenology is that logic and reason are futile - they are useless attempts to explain the unexplainable. "Chaos" and "logic" and all the rest of it is just your brain madly spinning its wheels in mud.
>>
>>19497884
>But I guess everyone is gonna hate me for thinking like this.
Thinking like every single other sophomore in high school that reads a bit more than average? No, we won't hate you for that. THIS is what makes people hate you:
>I don't belong with nihilist fedoras nor zealot worshippers... I'm a goddamn outcast but that's fine I guess...
Nothing wrong with "I'm spiritual, but not religious" until you think it makes you a special snowflake.
>>
>>19491526
Why do I see so many religion threads on /x/??
>>
>>19491588
Sage you christian jerkoff
>>
why do you think god is a person? a single person or consciousness?

our definition of god is clouded by our own human understanding, we dont know what/who/how/where/why god really is

if I say/believe this post is god then by MY definition this post is god
>>
>>19497352
>Religious institutions are where we keep our tried and true techniques and laws for spirituality, if you want to break ground you start with a good foundation in religion and then push yourself spiritually beyond the religion. Millennia of spirituality has lead to the knowledge religious institutions carry on the subject.
the guy has a point, if you do study or read up on a lot of religions youll see most of them have the same concepts and share the same teachings, despite all the bullshit people have built up over them the core message is still there

sometimes this help sometimes they dont sometimes you just feel what is right or these things just come to you

just like morality people say its made by society but where did morality come from? you just feel or feel that somethings are bad some are dont, psychopaths and sociopaths dont feel does it mean that these people arent spiritually open? I dont know I havent thought that far ahead
>>
>>19491612
Why are you equating something like the creation of existence to the construction of an office building? I've read some dumb things before but damn...
>>
>>19499117
Point stands, Whatever name you call it. It exists. And it works a certain way for reasons nor you or I or any other current scientist or philosopher we know of understands. Again. Just because "trying to understand it is futile" doesn't mean it's not there. Discarding something because it's beyond human understanding is the most retarded thing human hubris has ever accomplished. And I've always been triggered by nihilist fedoras who think like this. In their logic, science shouldn't even exist because trying to understand is futile and humans have already achieved the pinnacle of evolution as nothing lies beyond and what we don't understand, doesn't exist and doesn't even matter.
In a way I can see we ALMOST agree, but my bet is you'd rather seek a confrontational view and bore to death me with endless lectures on terminology and thinking technicalities like so many other fedoras I've encountered.
If you intend to do that, I ask that please you don't reply to this as I am already bored and I wont waste any more time in here.
>>19499129
>Special snowflake
Everyone has their ego, and it's shit. The death of ego is commonly known as one of the tasks or goals of a spiritual path. Can't say I'm there and I can see it as a flaw sometimes. But can you?
Also, I'm just talking about the internet. IRL I've seen people who think alike and I can belong there. On the internet however you're either a fedorafag or a preacher and there's no in between.
What I replied to the other anon also goes for you. Get triggered, troll me, do nothing, I don't care. I wrote what I wanted, and if debates are not about reaching understanding, or sharing views, but instead about proving how wrong I am, then I have nothing else to do here. I don't know why I keep hoping I can talk to people about things when all I've ever gotten is pointless discussions that lead up nowhere.
And I'm not even triggered. Just tired and disappointed. In the spirit of respect, I hope you can understand that
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.